AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 16:17   Link #1001
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It must not sell well, otherwise it wouldn't have been cut short. If only they did the first major arc as an anime before the series was finished. It may have helped increase the manga's popularity more and it wouldn't have been cut short.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:32   Link #1002
Fran~
floating away...

A nice ending, i really enjoyed this manga...

I don't know why you're saying that the end was rushed, there are a lot of mangas this short or even shorter!. I do like more a good short manga than a looooooooong boooooooring one.
Old 2011-01-08, 17:09   Link #1003
Xagzan

The end was rushed partly because there are still a ton of open ends we know nothing about. What's Kannami up to after this is over? Does Motoko tell everyone who her real dad is? What happens to Ginga and Hino? Do they go back to their island or stay in Japan? Did that guy who had a crush on Hino ever confess to her? What about Botan, does she go back to school? And what's her punishment for knocking out Sumire? Speaking of whom, what happens to her? And does Motoko stay in touch with that village? You know, for all the buildup a secret ninja village that's existed for centuries got, they weren't actually used for anything other than helping Motoko with her identity issues. And what about her other two dads, how do they take the news that Hifumi's gone? How does everybody, actually? Lots of unanswered questions here. One question I'd really like to know the answer to, is why was Kosukegawa shaking hands with the Kamen guys in the epilogue photo? Was he buying a Rider (Raider? Redder?) theme park or something?

It was also rushed because this final arc only lasted 10 chapters or so and kind of came out of the blue.

Anyway, I wish this could get an anime, cause then we might get an expanded ending.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:31   Link #1004
Johnny
Working the bags...

All that stuff above is just minor little things that really never had a major impact to the ending. I liked the ending as you don't always get to see the main characters in the future or what became of them. The author could have left off with them leaving her grandmother's place with everyone all happy go lucky like most manga would have done...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:10   Link #1005
Xagzan

That's no reason he couldn't show them. The major things aren't the only interesting ones.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 18:19   Link #1006
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
All that stuff above is just minor little things that really never had a major impact to the ending. I liked the ending as you don't always get to see the main characters in the future or what became of them. The author could have left off with them leaving her grandmother's place with everyone all happy go lucky like most manga would have done...
And that's why we say the ending was handled excellently. The manga's track record addressed everything at the end of an arc. We even found out what happened to that guy with the nails. I bet if the series was not cut short, we would have had little bits about everyone.
Old 2011-01-09, 03:48   Link #1007
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
I love that thier three little girls looked like each one of her personalities, I liked the ending but it did hit me with a shock. I love this mangaka's art, does anyone know if he is starting another manga?