Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 21:24   Link #241
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ha, next everybody will expect Sai to use his latent mind control powers. You know it's "working" on Korone already
Can you really mind control an android? Reprogram sure, but mind control?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 21:35   Link #242
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can you really mind control an android? Reprogram sure, but mind control?

The joke right there is that she will listen to what he says as long as it doesn't clash with her first rule (Observe and Report). Hence the quotes.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:22   Link #243
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, that ALMOST confirms Soga as osananajimi; still a decent chance she isn't that girl though. But like MM in Kemeko Deluxe, I guess that's good enough for me.

But Itou-san is a VA here? And she's voicing the most pleasant looking (and devilishly alluring might I add) character in the show? <shakes head vigorously> No, must resist temptation, osana najimi all the freaking way!

Now that my shipping tendencies are out of the way, this episode felt lacking, despite ample time of Soga in it (and quite a few scenes pertaining to childhood as well). Nothing of importance happened, apart from introducing more of the cast, and the 'cliffhanger' was just full of epic fail. It was the same as episode one; main character tries his best to do good, people misunderstands, he gets treated badly, and yet more girls are onto him in the process. Bah, after a brilliant first episode, the second one really disappointed me.

But then again, I might be judging too harshly, as I am not treating this show like I would your typical harem ecchi anime. Or maybe I should treat it as such, just so I can enjoy this show merely as entertainment rather than as something more? Should I really lower my standards? I guess only time will tell.

Oh well, at least there's always the main lead, who is three times awesome, to keep me amused if it comes down to it. And of course, shipping as well lol. Soga FTW!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:37   Link #244
Iron Maw
Banned

Another entertaining episode, I have little issue with anything aside from a seems to be a recurring joke. Music stood better here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Now that my shipping tendencies are out of the way, this episode felt lacking, despite ample time of Soga in it (and quite a few scenes pertaining to childhood as well). Nothing of importance happened, apart from introducing more of the cast, and the 'cliffhanger' was just full of epic fail. It was the same as episode one; main character tries his best to do good, people misunderstands, he gets treated badly, and yet more girls are onto him in the process. Bah, after a brilliant first episode, the second one really disappointed me.
I kinda of agree with you here. I'm hoping that it's toned down a bit as the series progress otherwise I liked more this ep than the first one.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-10 at 00:30.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:09   Link #245
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
This is actually all a part of his title, really. You have a prophesy that's never been wrong, put on a guy that tries to do right, if you were known as the most brutal warrior on planet earth what do you think people will think when they see you try to do good things and play medic on a wounded person?

That's basically Sai there. He's not in the best position for someone with good intentions, its natural for others to think that he is [probably] unknowingly succumbing to the inner darkness whenever he tries to do good things in the wrong place at the wrong time. So unfortunately the natural reaction would be to put him in his place.

The way I see it, all those who think he is the Maou all need to see his good deed at the same time to know he's real. Hopefully the story would come to something like that. There's also the part that if these misunderstandings pile up, the girls naturally start to second guess his "bad deeds" and there's our harem. (what history taught us anyways...)
Old 2010-04-10, 00:20   Link #246
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Aahhh... I think it's obvious that Fujiko (or Purple, as you call her) plays the same kind of role which Shizuku played in Kämpfer: Temporary antagonist that is quickly won over and becomes a major asset to the lead. If you really remain untouched by her personality, you're welcome to worship Korone
Yeah she's clearly in the mold of Kampfer's Shizuku, Himari's Kuesu, Ga Rei's (manga) Shizuru. I tend to always end up liking these characters the most in these action harem shows.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:35   Link #247
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Korone stole the show for episode 2 for me. Android with humor ftw? XD
Seeing Sai in tears of relief was great as well.
Old 2010-04-10, 03:58   Link #248
iceyfw

wtf? did the android just measure every **** in the restroom with a ruler? i was like uhh after that. and even more wtf on wincest.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:09   Link #249
mangatron

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there's probably a bigger joke in there during that mens restroom scene.

You know how Korone can read people's emotions, right? I'll leave the rest to your imagination on what she might have been reading
Old 2010-04-10, 04:41   Link #250
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I'm surprised that Keena received so much screentime in the ED while she is the most boring one out of all the girls when you compare her to Hattori, Fujiko and Corone.

As for the episode: Had some great laughs, loved the stalking (lol at the elephants) and the fact that Fujiko acts around the other students like Shizuku from Kampfer.

Looking forward already to the next episode.
Yeha she is surprsingly boring. But that happens a lot in harems - the supposed main heroine, lacks quite a bit compared to other heroines. Nothing new in that regard.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 04:51   Link #251
Lummie

If you actually think about it a bit you can probably already guess that this anime's main theme is stalking :

Korone has the licence to stalk Sai.
Soga can turn invisible and follow him everywhere.
Fujiko checks his movements with a mirror ball.
Lily does it through her subordinates.
Still unsure about Hattori but she has potential

And yeah, the entire school is aware about the fact that he'll become the demon king and he even stated that the people around him are always watching him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeha she is surprsingly boring. But that happens a lot in harems - the supposed main heroine, lacks quite a bit compared to other heroines. Nothing new in that regard.
You should check out the new chapters 8,9 and 10. *sigh* Besides being boring, she's also incredibly annoying but you'll have to see it for yourself. Not gonna spoiler here.

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-04-10 at 05:03.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:30   Link #252
kitten320

Lol Korone sure is weird one
Poor guys in the toilet... the scene where she went to sleep in his dresser, reminded of Rukia...

Wonder what kind of pills did Fujiko give him, definetly nothing gooвю

Soga is weir... why did she become invisible allof a sudden and started to run around naked?
Old 2010-04-10, 10:44   Link #253
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Soga is weir... why did she become invisible allof a sudden and started to run around naked?
Well, the dog is chasing her due to that "shiny" thing on her head, a lesson I learned in my past is you get away from a hostile mutt as fast as you can. On the other hand, I'm more interested why she's out and about during classes. She certainly wasn't AWOL in the manga this many times consecutively that's for sure, so that answer should explain why she's running around invisible.

These anime scenario's are different than the manga, I can only speculate how the novels went, but hopefully they would explain why she's out and about seemingly daily and what that reaction was towards the headmaster.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:06   Link #254
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
If you actually think about it a bit you can probably already guess that this anime's main theme is stalking :

She is watching him if he breaks their oath. That and her unsightly feelings in her heart,
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:26   Link #255
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watched the first episode last night and was pleasantly surprised. Ichiban ushiro no dai maou was recommend by a friend of mine i never got around to the manga and i was not really feeling the premise. But i gave it shot and i really liked the set up, animation quality, humor and just all around thoroughly enjoyed it.

I dont see what Akuto's problem is. On his first day he managed.

managed to make friends with hot girl Hattori
being a demon lord is not so bad
made the whole school fear him
gain a lackey or servant
blow up the classroom
also gained a body guard in the form of an android
made the whole school believe he did this and that with said hot girl Hattori
managed to make another girl fall in love with him with minimal effort.

and to top it off the his room teacher is pretty hot and promised if he died to revive him however she just wanted to revive him to experiment him on being a future demon lord...............well i guess theres worst things at least she was hot.

Im not seeing these things as exactly negative at least he wont be picked on but im sure he will have to worry about assassination attempts lol

Last edited by Sinestra; 2010-04-10 at 11:44.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:42   Link #256
ReddyRedWolf

Akuto wants to be a priest. Out of those who enter the seminary for priesthood I remember only 10% manage to be priests. There is a period where the Church let seminarians outside for a period to live a normal life for them to make sure being priest is what they want.

Well the way this are going with temptations abound.... That makes less that 1% chance for him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:56   Link #257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

New pic from current SeiGura magazine of the three female leads -- (l-r) Hikasa Youko (Hattori), Toyosaki Aki (Soga), Yuuki Aoi (Corone):

(click thumbnail for full-size pic)

These three do the radio show together, and Aki and Hyocchi started off with totally crazy deep-voiced patter, pretending to be Demon Kings. It didn't take too long for Ao-chan to start to catch up, however. Hyocchi's 24, Aki 23, and Ao-chan 18.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-10 at 15:07.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 13:25   Link #258
tsunade666

just start watching episode 2 and I can't stop laughing already. That's really one crazy observer.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 14:28   Link #259
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

And yeah, the entire school is aware about the fact that he'll become the demon king and he even stated that the people around him are always watching him

You should check out the new chapters 8,9 and 10. *sigh* Besides being boring, she's also incredibly annoying but you'll have to see it for yourself. Not gonna spoiler here.
Hattori's sense of justice is a radar by itself! xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 14:31   Link #260
Inarius
★★★★★

This is an awesome anime series, and it also has a kickass OP theme....to bad it only has 12 episodes...I was expecting at least 30, or 50 T_T....I sure hope they will make a second season for this.

I just love Sai's ability to oneshot almost everyone haha (even tho he doesn't do it on purpose)

Poor Hattori got trolled 3 times so far...twice in the anime, and once in the manga (the cooking chapter)...lmao Sai pulled an Aizen over here haha

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen