AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 11:22   Link #161
Kyuusaisha

Could anyone who has read the novels give me some info on the various members of the Anti-Roland faction?

Also would like to know some more about what Tiir has been doing in the novels lately.

Much love to Larethian for translating!

Last edited by Kyuusaisha; 2010-11-11 at 05:49. Reason: Added stuff
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 19:07   Link #162
pampz21
ShipCore

did Milk retire from Ryner's Harem? for Luke? btw who's the other girl in the party....?
the people I recognize are only Azure,Keifer,Ferris...who the other girl?

EDIT: tell me more about KeiferxRyner...I don't really like Ferris alot...cuz I have seen to much blond beauty and Red hair are just not so common for an ending...well I think the ending is just you know...like every kind of harem ending...where the fans decides who Ryner's gonna be with!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-11-11 at 19:30.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 23:13   Link #163
Shiki Nanaya

Pia Vaaliey did she just appeared in ep.19 of anime?

Question to all Novel readers here:

About Pia Vaaliey, did she just appeared in ep.19 of anime? Please correct me or add more info. Is Pia one of Ryner's harem? She is the one who knew Ryner from the very beginning even before Ryner lost his memories, basically when Ryner was still a noble as a kid right?

Judging from the description of her appearance in wikipedia, I thought she was shown here in the anime at ep.19 when Claugh was reading the report about Ryner and Ryner's master was shown training Ryner as a child together with two other children, a young boy with blonde hair close eyes (man whats up with this series and guys with close eyes?) anyways he looks like he is Peria Peruela from the Azure Princess group and the other is a young girl with light blue short hair which I think is Pia (in wiki it says she has long hair, but since she is still a kid it makes sense she has short hair here), but the description in wiki fits her so well here. Especially since it was mentioned that all three of them trained under Germer. So am I right? Is that flashback scene shown, Pia?

Another question, I know Kiefer and Milk loves Ryner, Ferris (debatable whether she is or she is not yet...) in love with Ryner, but what about Pia? Is she really in love with Ryner and acts in his best interest? Or is she only using the poor guy? What does she think of Kiefer and Ferris?
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 23:25   Link #164
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Could anyone who has read the novels give me some info on the various members of the Anti-Roland faction?

Also would like to know some more about what Tiir has been doing in the novels lately.

I second this request
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 01:08   Link #165
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post

About Pia Vaaliey, did she just appeared in ep.19 of anime? Please correct me or add more info. Is Pia one of Ryner's harem? She is the one who knew Ryner from the very beginning even before Ryner lost his memories, basically when Ryner was still a noble as a kid right?

Judging from the description of her appearance in wikipedia, I thought she was shown here in the anime at ep.19 when Claugh was reading the report about Ryner and Ryner's master was shown training Ryner as a child together with two other children, a young boy with blonde hair close eyes (man whats up with this series and guys with close eyes?) anyways he looks like he is Peria Peruela from the Azure Princess group and the other is a young girl with light blue short hair which I think is Pia (in wiki it says she has long hair, but since she is still a kid it makes sense she has short hair here), but the description in wiki fits her so well here. Especially since it was mentioned that all three of them trained under Germer. So am I right? Is that flashback scene shown, Pia?

Another question, I know Kiefer and Milk loves Ryner, Ferris (debatable whether she is or she is not yet...) in love with Ryner, but what about Pia? Is she really in love with Ryner and acts in his best interest? Or is she only using the poor guy? What does she think of Kiefer and Ferris?
I won't be able to confirm that until 8 hours later, after work. But if she looks anything like my avatar, then she probably is Pia.
Spoiler for pia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post

Are you referring to the Coalition? Because there's anti-Roland faction in Roland and Nelpha as well.

Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by larethian; 2010-11-12 at 01:46.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 04:45   Link #166
azziz

[spoiler=reply] I remember Voice is a 15-year old hentai.

a 15 year old youth commanding an alliance of nation?i'm so tired of it,i'm no asking for a 70 year old,wise and experienced comander but all those shota/loli suposed genius leading armie or nation digust me:too much youthism.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 11:30   Link #167
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
[spoiler=reply] I remember Voice is a 15-year old hentai.

a 15 year old youth commanding an alliance of nation?i'm so tired of it,i'm no asking for a 70 year old,wise and experienced comander but all those shota/loli suposed genius leading armie or nation digust me:too much youthism.
well, the story isn't really perfect and has some plot holes here and there. Kagami sensei even introduced some characters and never got around to using them, like the Spear Clan of Roland. and there's some repeated patterns that he seems to enjoy. such as everybody losing arms, Sui, Claugh, Ryner. but that goes the same for a number of other novels I've read, except this might seem more expanded at times because of its fantasy nature. and it's a fantasy not a slice of life, so it could be entirely different. meh, Roland's legal marriage age is 15, so what do you expect? you can't find this kind of deal in the modern real world Moreover, Voice has certain 'working' connections with the Powers and thus the knowledge, so it's not improbable that he is more grown-up than his physical age.

all in all, despite the imperfections, it has been a good read for me. I just focused on the enjoyable parts. if you are feeling negative about it, you could always not read nor watch it.

Quote:

yes that's Pia and Peria. to make some additions, the only people who knew Ryner before he lost his memories were his parents. and whatever people think of Kiefer, I'm only for Toale x Kiefer and no other combos for Kiefer! And @Pampz, this is not Ichigo 100% nor a harem show, there's no way the author will decide that based on fan votes. Well whatever is presented in the anime maybe so, but us novel readers can see no end except for Ryner x Ferris given how strong their bonds are illustrated through the story telling in the novel especially in the sequel, unless she dies. Even in the war in between Gastark and Geihficlant, Kiefer is like a side character. And for the 1337th time Ryner does not have a harem technically speaking. Next week's anime should get an awesome scene on Ferris's dialog, plus more Luke's awesomeness vs Lir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Then why?

Sion had always said things like "capture them alive, because chances to study them blahblah", plus he is aware that Ryner's Alpha Stigma berserk state can be quelled by closing his eyes. I can understand Sion taking precautionary steps on his side despite being a friend ( of sorts ), but why an order to kill him ( just in case)?
I forgotten about this, additional point here; you can also see from this week's anime that Sion has a back door, when people found out they were friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
question about the Ino Dwoe, how do they fare against rule fragmes and legendary powers?
don't you just love it when your question gets answered in the next episode? Lets not even consider the Powers, since they are like Gods.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-11-12 at 11:52.
Old 2010-11-13, 04:46   Link #168
Shiki Nanaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
yes that's Pia and Peria. to make some additions, the only people who knew Ryner before he lost his memories were his parents. and whatever people think of Kiefer, I'm only for Toale x Kiefer and no other combos for Kiefer! And @Pampz, this is not Ichigo 100% nor a harem show, there's no way the author will decide that based on fan votes. Well whatever is presented in the anime maybe so, but us novel readers can see no end except for Ryner x Ferris given how strong their bonds are illustrated through the story telling in the novel especially in the sequel, unless she dies. Even in the war in between Gastark and Geihficlant, Kiefer is like a side character. And for the 1337th time Ryner does not have a harem technically speaking. Next week's anime should get an awesome scene on Ferris's dialog, plus more Luke's awesomeness vs Lir.
Thanks for clearing it up larethian. I figured it was them cuz of the novel illustrations I saw of the three of them as children . Yes I'm definitely for Ferris X Ryner and I hope neither of them dies and will actually have a "they live happily ever after" ending lol. Seriously, the two of them deserves it, especially Ryner after all the crap he's been through. Still although Ferris' might have not admitted her feelings for Ryner yet, Ryner is an even bigger issue due to his monster complex and his lost of his first love. Which reminds me larethian, was Ryner's former lover ever had a side story or back story? Since I dont think this detail was even mentioned in Denyuuden let alone Dai Denyuuden, and I've only heard that it was from a sidestory novel, which is it? ToriaezuDenYuu or ShinDenYuuDen?

Im interested in more of Ryner's backstory like when he was dubbed as strongest mage of Roland and his story with his ex lover. I would like more character development back story plots on the side novels, rather than seeing their REALLY WEIRD ANTICS
Spoiler for side story:

A question about Ril: I just saw the ep.19 and I started hating the guy's guts, especially his voice and his personality (together with the Orla siblings, which I really hated in the beginning) when he laughs it off as he kills children. No wonder Ryner turns him down when that coward Sui wanted Ryner to instead join his king's cause, after all when you think about it, the cause of all the wars across the continent and countless of Eyes of God bearer/Cursed Eyes bearer deaths, because of the King's most stupid cause. I'm sorry but I find Sion's cause FAR FAR better than that damn Refal, which isn't only a hypocrite but down right stupid. He wanted peace so he went a conquered all countries to achieve it, the hell? I would understand if his country was being taken over and they just fought back, but to actually try to conquer the whole continent and kill tons of people for their just cause really pisses me off. I could at least tolerate Sion cuz even if Sion takes advantage of people and puts up a farce, he is at least really tearing up inside and would most likely personally choose to join with Ryner and have a peaceful life but due to his position and having a mad hero inside him, you cant really blame the guy for turning out like that.

Oh well got side track sorry (dam I just love Denyuuden so much, so much interesting things to talk about). Anyways my main question was, does Ril (or any of the Orla siblings) still live in the recent volumes of the novel? Cuz it pisses me off that Ryner or other characters cant kill one of them. Especially Ril since he's the guy who sucker punched Ryner and took his eyes right? Man I was hoping he would at least get horribly and fatally injured by Ryner, so does this happen at all? Cuz the guy isnt even that strong and only relies on the rule fragment and eye crystals, it really pisses me off if he is still in one piece.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 05:44   Link #169
Used Can

Quote:
I'm sorry but I find Sion's cause FAR FAR better than that damn Refal, which isn't only a hypocrite but down right stupid.rule fragment and eye crystals, it really pisses me off if he is still in one piece.
Hahahaha....! Oh wow! Just wait and see.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:11   Link #170
larethian

Quote:
Thanks for clearing it up larethian. I figured it was them cuz of the novel illustrations I saw of the three of them as children . Yes I'm definitely for Ferris X Ryner and I hope neither of them dies and will actually have a "they live happily ever after" ending lol. Seriously, the two of them deserves it, especially Ryner after all the crap he's been through. Still although Ferris' might have not admitted her feelings for Ryner yet, Ryner is an even bigger issue due to his monster complex and his lost of his first love. Which reminds me larethian, was Ryner's former lover ever had a side story or back story? Since I dont think this detail was even mentioned in Denyuuden let alone Dai Denyuuden, and I've only heard that it was from a sidestory novel, which is it? ToriaezuDenYuu or ShinDenYuuDen?

Im interested in more of Ryner's backstory like when he was dubbed as strongest mage of Roland and his story with his ex lover. I would like more character development back story plots on the side novels, rather than seeing their REALLY WEIRD ANTICS
Spoiler for side story:

A question about Ril: I just saw the ep.19 and I started hating the guy's guts, especially his voice and his personality (together with the Orla siblings, which I really hated in the beginning) when he laughs it off as he kills children. No wonder Ryner turns him down when that coward Sui wanted Ryner to instead join his king's cause, after all when you think about it, the cause of all the wars across the continent and countless of Eyes of God bearer/Cursed Eyes bearer deaths, because of the King's most stupid cause. I'm sorry but I find Sion's cause FAR FAR better than that damn Refal, which isn't only a hypocrite but down right stupid. He wanted peace so he went a conquered all countries to achieve it, the hell? I would understand if his country was being taken over and they just fought back, but to actually try to conquer the whole continent and kill tons of people for their just cause really pisses me off. I could at least tolerate Sion cuz even if Sion takes advantage of people and puts up a farce, he is at least really tearing up inside and would most likely personally choose to join with Ryner and have a peaceful life but due to his position and having a mad hero inside him, you cant really blame the guy for turning out like that.

Oh well got side track sorry (dam I just love Denyuuden so much, so much interesting things to talk about). Anyways my main question was, does Ril (or any of the Orla siblings) still live in the recent volumes of the novel? Cuz it pisses me off that Ryner or other characters cant kill one of them. Especially Ril since he's the guy who sucker punched Ryner and took his eyes right? Man I was hoping he would at least get horribly and fatally injured by Ryner, so does this happen at all? Cuz the guy isnt even that strong and only relies on the rule fragment and eye crystals, it really pisses me off if he is still in one piece.
I don't know much about the side stories. never read them.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-14, 14:02   Link #171
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

anyone have illustration from novel other than what been post?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 01:23   Link #172
antidid4

does B-T equal Bit torrent? I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I have grown quite interested in reading the story and I just had to know where it is.
antidid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 01:51   Link #173
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidid4 View Post
does B-T equal Bit torrent? I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I have grown quite interested in reading the story and I just had to know where it is.
B-T stands for Baka-Tsuki, there is where you can go read it.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 02:31   Link #174
kadaj1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
anyone have illustration from novel other than what been post?

Spoiler for volume 8:

i'll try to upload the other later,so sleepy today
kadaj1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 02:52   Link #175
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Spoiler for Anti-eye:
Oh gosh this.>_> I know that there's a reason behind this and all, but that just doesn't justify the things they're doing to the bearers. First scene in ep 19 made me sick. And this is coming from one who finds Tiir's meals morbidly hilarious.(the fact that a lot of Chinese fans began roleplaying Claugh's various body parts probably helped)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hahahaha....! Oh wow! Just wait and see.
You thinking of what happens to Nelpha? That was pretty bad.

Newest book comes out 12/20~ Looking forward to it. I happen to be in Japan on that day, so I'll be grabbing it. Probably Shinyuuden vol6 as well, since I love the cover.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:11   Link #176
jbowman0

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the novel series could answer some questions.

Regarding the current episode of the anime. During Lukes altercation with Ryner is he going to go berserk during this part of the story and what causes him to. If so dont hesitate with the details.

Also for the sequel that larethian is translating can anyone post illustrations from the climatic volumes of it.

Specifically of when ryner awakens his SOAE. and the scenes leading up to that and afterwards.

Thank you all very much particularly larethian. I love the story.
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:40   Link #177
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
Regarding the current episode of the anime. During Lukes altercation with Ryner is he going to go berserk during this part of the story and what causes him to. If so dont hesitate with the details.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for SoAE eyes:

orz pic link sorta died.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-15 at 04:42.
Old 2010-11-15, 03:49   Link #178
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for SoAE eyes:
More info please and thank you for the picture.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-15, 03:55   Link #179
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
More info please and thank you for the picture.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-15, 04:00   Link #180
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Spoiler:
thank you for the response much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Tags
fantasy, shounen