AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-06-11, 19:34   Link #321
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Speculation: Efidolg* sent an advance party to Earth to scout out the place, and determine what value (if any) it might have to them. As part of this effort, it had some people go undercover as Earth humans. The Princess and/or some of her people are a part of that "working undercover" advance party.

The Princess became fond of humans, and "went native". When the order came down to invade Earth, or do something on Earth that the Princess disagreed with, she made the choice to rebel against her people. That's how she had access to the Black Artifact. Ken was a human she liked and trusted, and she thought he'd make a good mecha pilot. So she teamed up with him to fight against her people.

The Princess likely died in that struggle, but it seems her and Ken did well enough to convince Efidolg that they should cut their losses and leave. Efidolg is now back, for some reason.

As an added twist, the Princess probably gave birth on Earth prior to her death, and the Princess is probably Yukina's ancestor. Perhaps Efidolg is back on Earth to retrieve all the people that have the Princess in their ancestry - that could explain the attempt to abduct Koharu.

Yukina's father somehow learned the truth of his (and/or his daughters') heritage, and so dedicated his life to researching it. What he discovered disturbed him, and so he left his family behind, thinking they'd be better off not knowing the truth.

Some credit for this speculation should go to Irenesharda, as her posts on this thread helped me develop my own ideas.


*I'm using Efidolg to refer to the alien forces. It's good short-hand for that, though the term might mean something very different.
That sounds like a very good theory and I would agree with it. But I would wonder why the princess didn't pilot the machine since as an alien and linked to it, she would have more experienced as to what it is.

I don't think the princess had birth, unless it was in a life previously to the princess persona. I mean, I don't think her life as a princess who was promised in marriage would have allowed her any time or freedom to get into a relationship and give birth with no one knowing. I think Yukihime and Yukina have a bigger connection than that. Especially considering her father's obsession. We'll have to see.

I'm interested in what he meant by Efidolg. It's not their planet and he say's that everything is a part of it. Yet he also says that it "came" and "left" areas as well. Could Efidolg be considered their Empire and since they are conquerors and imperialists, they already consider the Earth part of Efidolg?

Honestly I don't think we're going to get any answers until we stay with the aliens for a while, and so for that reason, I'm hoping that Yukina get's kidnapped and taken to the ship so that we can see it from her POV and later Kenn's when he goes up their to rescue her.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 19:42   Link #322
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Personally I think that Koharu is much more similar to the princess and that there is no blood relation between the princess and their family. The whole thing with the princess having given birth is a stretch at best.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 19:52   Link #323
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Personally I think that Koharu is much more similar to the princess and that there is no blood relation between the princess and their family. The whole thing with the princess having given birth is a stretch at best.
Koharu? They have pushed not once, but twice so far that Yukina is the spitting image of the princess, and we've see for ourselves that other than the type of speech and longer hair, Yukina and Yukihime look like twins.

They won't have put all those connections in there if there was no connection between the two girls. Also, remember that Black Relic recognized her, even though it was already keyed in to the princess signature. That can't be if there was not physical connection as well.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 19:57   Link #324
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Koharu? They have pushed not once, but twice so far that Yukina is the spitting image of the princess, and we've see for ourselves that other than the type of speech and longer hair, Yukina and Yukihime look like twins.

They won't have put all those connections in there if there was no connection between the two girls. Also, remember that Black Relic recognized her, even though it was already keyed in to the princess signature. That can't be if there was not physical connection as well.
Maybe Yukina isn't their natural daughter but a princess clone.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 21:45   Link #325
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Koharu? They have pushed not once, but twice so far that Yukina is the spitting image of the princess, and we've see for ourselves that other than the type of speech and longer hair, Yukina and Yukihime look like twins.

They won't have put all those connections in there if there was no connection between the two girls. Also, remember that Black Relic recognized her, even though it was already keyed in to the princess signature. That can't be if there was not physical connection as well.
Just because she looks like her doesn't mean she has to be her, and besides, if we are talking about looking like her Koharu could grow up to like identical to the princess, you never know.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 23:31   Link #326
D-Joe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Just find out there are some spoiler Key Frame from PA official recruiting video(thanks 2ch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa2gjY7I1E
Spoiler for Warning, one of picture could count as pretty big spoiler.:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 09:53   Link #327
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Just because she looks like her doesn't mean she has to be her, and besides, if we are talking about looking like her Koharu could grow up to like identical to the princess, you never know.
Of course they're not the same person, but there is definitely a connection. Koharu is just your cute kid character that PA Works often has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Just find out there are some spoiler Key Frame from PA official recruiting video(thanks 2ch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa2gjY7I1E
Spoiler for Warning, one of picture could count as pretty big spoiler.:
Not surprised at all.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 11:55   Link #328
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Just find out there are some spoiler Key Frame from PA official recruiting video(thanks 2ch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa2gjY7I1E
Spoiler for Warning, one of picture could count as pretty big spoiler.:
If that's the case, then I think it highly likely Kennosuke was just a normal Earthling who got caught up in this alien mess.

I've a few theories on what the Efidolg really are, but more evidence is needed to properly verify them.

Nice to see Mulder and Scully back in action!
“Mr. Ouma, this is a simple lie detector test. I’ll ask you a few yes or no questions and you just answer truthfully. Do you understand?”
“…Yes.”
*lie detector equipment self-destructs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1pWCkW95W0

Last edited by zztop; 2016-06-12 at 12:06.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 14:14   Link #329
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
If that's the case, then I think it highly likely Kennosuke was just a normal Earthling who got caught up in this alien mess.

I've a few theories on what the Efidolg really are, but more evidence is needed to properly verify them.

Nice to see Mulder and Scully back in action!
“Mr. Ouma, this is a simple lie detector test. I’ll ask you a few yes or no questions and you just answer truthfully. Do you understand?”
“…Yes.”
*lie detector equipment self-destructs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1pWCkW95W0
Ah, but she's the princess of a clan. I doubt they'd have just accepted a stranger. Wouldn't that make the whole Washiba clan descendants of Efidolg?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 14:33   Link #330
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Ah, but she's the princess of a clan. I doubt they'd have just accepted a stranger. Wouldn't that make the whole Washiba clan descendants of Efidolg?
Unless...they're shape-shifting or body-switching aliens. Then all she had to do was assume the real princess' form.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 15:13   Link #331
Psyco Diver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Is it me or does Yukina look different from the rest of her family I think she has something to do with the princess
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 15:15   Link #332
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Is it me or does Yukina look different from the rest of her family I think she has something to do with the princess
It's just you. Koharu shares plenty of resemblance. Her mother's close enough.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 20:16   Link #333
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 40
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That sounds like a very good theory and I would agree with it.
Thanks! I'm glad you like my theory.


Quote:
But I would wonder why the princess didn't pilot the machine since as an alien and linked to it, she would have more experienced as to what it is.
Well, Ken's "steed" appears to need two operators... or at least be most smoothly operated by two operators. When Yukina's in it with Ken, she seems to have these readings flash right in front of her eyes sometimes. It seems like Ken's steed operates on the basis that two pilots are better than one. It seems like one pilot focuses on all the basic functions (movement, combat) while the other pilot can focus on all the important high-tech information coming in and also kinda act as "eyes in the back of the head" for the first pilot. This setup probably does offer certain advantages depending on how good the working relationship is between the two pilots. It sort of frees up the main pilot to not have to worry about anything specialized, and focus strictly on basic movement/combat.

Perhaps the Princess felt Ken would be best-suited to basic movement/combat control, while she would handle the high-tech information position.


Quote:
I don't think the princess had birth, unless it was in a life previously to the princess persona. I mean, I don't think her life as a princess who was promised in marriage would have allowed her any time or freedom to get into a relationship and give birth with no one knowing. I think Yukihime and Yukina have a bigger connection than that. Especially considering her father's obsession. We'll have to see.
You could be right. Direct descendant strikes me as the simplest possibility, which is a big part of why I went with this idea, but it could be something bigger and/or more complex.


Quote:
I'm interested in what he meant by Efidolg. It's not their planet and he say's that everything is a part of it. Yet he also says that it "came" and "left" areas as well. Could Efidolg be considered their Empire and since they are conquerors and imperialists, they already consider the Earth part of Efidolg?
Efidolg could be a space empire. In which case, it's more than just one planet, though Efidolg could still have a home world. I'm using Star Trek (especially TNG and DS9) as a reference here. Efidolg may well be like one of the larger alien empires in Star Trek. If so, the Romulans might be a good comparison - There's something I found very Romulan-like about this episode's captive. And if Efidolg is a space empire, then they may view everything in known space as belonging to them.

Still, Efidolg could refer to something more esoteric than a space empire. It could be a philosophical or religious concept of some kind, maybe a pantheistic concept of sorts. It could be related to how these aliens view the universe itself. But these are somewhat vague ideas I have, and I have my doubts that the show will want to go there. So I'll probably use "space empire" as a default for now.


Quote:
Honestly I don't think we're going to get any answers until we stay with the aliens for a while, and so for that reason, I'm hoping that Yukina get's kidnapped and taken to the ship so that we can see it from her POV and later Kenn's when he goes up their to rescue her.
Yeah, that may well be for the best. We've seen an alien among humans, so maybe the next step is to see a human among aliens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Koharu? They have pushed not once, but twice so far that Yukina is the spitting image of the princess, and we've see for ourselves that other than the type of speech and longer hair, Yukina and Yukihime look like twins.
Precisely. It's quite the coincidence for them to look that much alike if they have no special connection to each other. Still, in real life, maybe I'd go with "just a coincidence". But this is fiction, so I'd be very skeptical of something like this being just a coincidence. There are some coincidences in fiction, but they're definitely not the default like they are in real life, in my experience.


Quote:
Also, remember that Black Relic recognized her, even though it was already keyed in to the princess signature. That can't be if there was not physical connection as well.
That's also a telling factor, yeah. It strongly suggests a special connection between Yukina and Ken's Princess. Now, the idea of a special weapon being mapped to genetics is nothing new in fiction - Aldnoah.Zero kinda had this as well - so my default idea here is that Yukina and the Princess have a genetic connection that enables Yukina to operate Ken's steed along with him. Orion raised the clone possibility, which is an interesting possibility, though it makes me wonder how Yukina's mom could be unaware of that.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 22:16   Link #334
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's also a telling factor, yeah. It strongly suggests a special connection between Yukina and Ken's Princess. Now, the idea of a special weapon being mapped to genetics is nothing new in fiction - Aldnoah.Zero kinda had this as well - so my default idea here is that Yukina and the Princess have a genetic connection that enables Yukina to operate Ken's steed along with him. Orion raised the clone possibility, which is an interesting possibility, though it makes me wonder how Yukina's mom could be unaware of that.
I was actually thinking along the lines of Valvrave and the aliens in that. In fact that too had alien princess who betrayed her people angle as well.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 01:12   Link #335
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Just for clarification, the first time the relic opened it was because it felt the presence of Efidolg closeby, and Yukina is only able to ride and understand it because of whatever nanotechnology the relic itself injected into her (also if you pay close attention when the princess and Ken cut their hands it is probably mostly to pass on said nanotechnology onto Ken so he can use the Balck Relic).
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 12:22   Link #336
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
So the princess was from Efidolg, and she mixed her blood with Ken's to give him some of her nanomachines, so he could ride the Kuromukuro with her.

Based on that, I have a theory. If Efidolg kidnaps Yukina, Sophi will propose Ken to mix his blood with her so she can ride the robot with him. This would allow Ken to go rescue Yukina and also justify why Sophi is billed as a main character along with Ken and Yukina. Remember the three appear together in almost all the promotional pictures, yet Sophi's role until now has been pretty minimal.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 13:33   Link #337
Haak
Me, An Intellectual
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 30
Wow, I didn't think they could make wingus and dingus any more infuriating but somehow they pulled that off. That coupled with the annoying antics of the school advisor gave the episode a very weak start. Thankfully it got back on track after that. Apart from the stupidly weak security, it was smooth sailing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 22:14   Link #338
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So the princess was from Efidolg, and she mixed her blood with Ken's to give him some of her nanomachines, so he could ride the Kuromukuro with her.

Based on that, I have a theory. If Efidolg kidnaps Yukina, Sophi will propose Ken to mix his blood with her so she can ride the robot with him. This would allow Ken to go rescue Yukina and also justify why Sophi is billed as a main character along with Ken and Yukina. Remember the three appear together in almost all the promotional pictures, yet Sophi's role until now has been pretty minimal.
In this day of Hep B infection and everything else, I doubt that Sophi is going to suggest mixing blood. Besides, they don't know what the side effects of those nanomachines are yet.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 11:42   Link #339
ValvraveTruth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Singapore
Kennosuke able to use the digital compass than Yukina lol.
__________________
Aikatsu Forever
ValvraveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 12:56   Link #340
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Well Doc is gonna be happy he finally gets his wish. Oh yeah salvage!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.