AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-21, 21:21   Link #141
Wandering Soul

It's too bad Kyo will never hear Kyoko's final thoughts, but he's more than made peace with what happened and is unknowingly fulfilling the promise, so Kyoko would be happy either way.

It'll be sad to say goodbye to this series, but all good things must come to an end.
Old 2021-06-22, 06:16   Link #142
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was disappointed that all the onlookers didn't applaud after the kiss.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 08:23   Link #143
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I said Akito and Shigure deserved each other and I still think so. There's more chance they'll make each other miserable than happy.
We can only hope so.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-28, 14:48   Link #144
Frontier

Way to bring the ending and the journey full circle with Tohru and Kyo having an adorable first date at a zoo with all the zodiac animals...and Hanajima and Uotani there as chaperones teasing Kyo the whole time .

Hanajima and Uotani bust Kyo's chops all the time, and definitely think he's dumb, but they do like him and feel he's worthy to take Tohru away from them as they plan to leave .

Yuki is also making progress and going off for college, with his own apartment and everything, and Kakeru is enjoying teasing him and Machi for their relationship. Also got a nice Machi fist to the face for it .

Although nothing says climbing up the stairway to adulthood like giving your girlfriend a key to your new apartment and then kissing her passionately .

Even Mitsuru gets a happy ending as Shigure quits writing novels to focus on his relationship with Akito, and maybe there might be wedding bells in the future for her and Ritsu. Can someone show some love Kagura's way, though .

Kisa and Hiro look so cozy and happy together. I was honestly wondering if he was going to kiss her with their faces so close like that .

I hope Momiji can find a significant other who is great and loves him as much as he cared about Tohru, although Rin still has her resentments and bitter feelings (understandably so), but Haru is there to embrace her, accept her, and make her feel better .

Ayame and Mine are doing their best to send everyone off in style with fancy outfits and more than they could ever hope to have .

Hattori is inviting Mayu on a trip! And she's cut her hair! That's such a great step to see Hattori moving on with Mayu...and I totally want to see Mayu in a swimsuit .

Uotani is getting ready to live with Kureno who is in recovery, and that smile on her face is everything .

Look at how cozy Hanajima is getting with Kazuma .

Shigure is basically on a date with Aktio, who is now growing her hair out and wearing dresses, and honestly it's a good look for her. As flawed and complex as these two are, it's at least nice to see them genuinely happy with each other .

Tohru is sad to leave after all the happy memories and experiences she had in this place, but like Kyo said, this isn't just an ending but a beginning of a new journey and banquet for everyone, especially them .

Wow, that was probably the most civil Yuki and Kyo have ever been to each other. I mean, they still call each other "stupid," but Yuki basically acknowledges Kyo taking Tohru and wants to make sure she treats him right, which Kyo acknowledges, and he lets Yuki get his own moment in with her. As a last moment for these two, it feels fitting .

Yuki finally gets to express to Tohru how much she means to him and everything she has done for her and the rest of the Zodiac, and how much she is loved. And then he finally caps it all off by finally calling her by her first name as he moves forward without her .

I can't think of anything more fulfilling after everything Tohru and Kyo have gone through than to see them grow old together and be grandparents. I mean, we get to see pictures of their traditional Japanese wedding, their kids in school, and their adorable grandchild, and we finally get to see Katsuya's face uncovered in a picture of him and Kyoko holding Tohru. Coupled with Kyoko's words while ending on a scene of Tohru and Kyo together was absolutely beautiful .
Old 2021-06-28, 16:12   Link #145
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's funny how people fiercly denied the leak abot 63 eps only for it to be true.

Also, seems like there will be a new anime next year about Tohrus parents.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-28, 16:23   Link #146
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It's funny how people fiercly denied the leak abot 63 eps only for it to be true.

Also, seems like there will be a new anime next year about Tohrus parents.
I'm glad they'll be adapting that story .

I know they wouldn't cast Yoshimasa Hosoya for, like, one line .
Old 2021-06-28, 18:33   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ending didn't have the number one thing I wanted: Momiji being reunited with his family. He and Kagura got the short hand of the stick. Every other Zodiac got what they wanted.

Other than that, it was a great ending. I loved that it confirmed Kyo and Tohru lived long and happy lives.

My ignorance of the original manga and anime meant I didn't have any particular expectations for this show, but I was pleasantly surprised as soon as episode one and quickly fell in love with it. Fruits Basket has been the highlight of the past two years for me, as far as anime goes.

Looking forward to Kyoko's backstory now.
Old 2021-06-28, 18:47   Link #148
Frontier

Quote:
The ending didn't have the number one thing I wanted: Momiji being reunited with his family. He and Kagura got the short hand of the stick. Every other Zodiac got what they wanted.
And they're the only ones without love interests they can happily hang out and cuddle with .
Old 2021-06-28, 20:39   Link #149
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That was a very nice punch Machi did to Kakeru right in the face

Well they really time skipped ahead

8/10 A very nice ending
Old 2021-06-28, 21:11   Link #150
Wandering Soul

Only flaw of the ending was not getting to see the future's of the other characters, especially Momoji. Other than that it was perfect.

Overall this adaptation was a great way to experience the story for someone like me who never read the manga and had a low interest in doing so like me. Definitely a story to remember for me.
Old 2021-06-29, 03:32   Link #151
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Now that it's over, there's just one thing I want to get off my chest, having read the sequel:
Spoiler for Fruits Basket Another:
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 09:57   Link #152
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Now that it's over, there's just one thing I want to get off my chest, having read the sequel:
Spoiler for Fruits Basket Another:
Spoiler:
Old 2021-06-29, 10:54   Link #153
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I have mixed feelings about this show. In some ways the drama was way over done, but it did keep me coming back each week so there's that.
Old 2021-06-29, 23:17   Link #154
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 07:53   Link #155
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I have mixed feelings about this show. In some ways the drama was way over done, but it did keep me coming back each week so there's that.
Thanks for capturing my 20-year relationship in a one-off line.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 14:16   Link #156
Dr. Casey

I loved how mellow, contented, and unburdened Kyo was during the final 2-3 episodes. The outing with Tohru's friends showed that he's still capable of some irritability, which was also nice (your personality doesn't change 100 percent just because your circumstances do), but it's really one of the most moving examples of healing that I've seen in any story. Almost everything that Kyo ever wanted all suddenly came true in a very short period of time, and now he's free to simply enjoy the rest of his life.
Old 2021-06-30, 17:39   Link #157
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I loved how mellow, contented, and unburdened Kyo was during the final 2-3 episodes. The outing with Tohru's friends showed that he's still capable of some irritability, which was also nice (your personality doesn't change 100 percent just because your circumstances do), but it's really one of the most moving examples of healing that I've seen in any story. Almost everything that Kyo ever wanted all suddenly came true in a very short period of time, and now he's free to simply enjoy the rest of his life.
For all the drama...this was a series about healing .
Old 2021-06-30, 18:37   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been reading Fruits Basket Another to fill in the blanks left by the ending, and it's doing that nicely.
Old 2021-06-30, 19:18   Link #159
Frontier

Quote:
I've been reading Fruits Basket Another to fill in the blanks left by the ending, and it's doing that nicely.
Perfect segway since the ending actually introduced one of the main characters .
Old 2021-07-03, 19:56   Link #160
Alchemist007
*Author

I remember seeing the first episode or two of the old anime years ago, didn't get into it really but I still remember round face Tohru. Anyways these newer season were alright, I wish there were fewer characters to keep things better focused, I forgot quite a few of them between seasons so some of the ending was like "who is this again" several times

7/10 for the season and show as a whole.

Tags
fruits basket