AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-03-19, 14:40   Link #81
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I was just looking around some other forums and I don't think I've seen a more negative fan reaction to a Naruto character than what Choji is getting.
Naruto crying at the Raikage's feet over Sasuke, getting punched 50 times in the face by Karui over Sasuke, and Sakura acting like a lying witch during the entire Kage Summit Arc got far more negative reactions.

No one really liked Choji anyway. But Naruto and Sakura had many fans that were disgusted in how they were acting.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 19:57   Link #82
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Naruto crying at the Raikage's feet over Sasuke, getting punched 50 times in the face by Karui over Sasuke, and Sakura acting like a lying witch during the entire Kage Summit Arc got far more negative reactions.

No one really liked Choji anyway. But Naruto and Sakura had many fans that were disgusted in how they were acting.
Fans hated their actions. Not the characters. I'm talking about pure hate for a character. Part of it is that some fans deem Choji unworthy for any spotlight. If this were Shikamaru, they couldn't say nothing since Kishi considers him important. Or Gaara. Or even a Neji and Hinata. But it's Choji.

Then you have the Kakashi fans who are complaining about waiting for his rampage. Then the Sasuke fans. And the Naruto fans, etc. Choji is getting it from all angles. It doesn't help that all the Team 10 fans are really Shikamaru x Ino fans who hate Choji anyway. So he has no one to defend him.
Old 2011-03-19, 23:08   Link #83
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Fans hated their actions. Not the characters. I'm talking about pure hate for a character. Part of it is that some fans deem Choji unworthy for any spotlight. If this were Shikamaru, they couldn't say nothing since Kishi considers him important. Or Gaara. Or even a Neji and Hinata. But it's Choji.
But this isn't Choji vs. Asuma. This is Team 10 vs. Asuma. This is also Shikamaru's fight. The 9th most popular character in Naruto and the most popular of the Konoha 11 outside of Naruto himself. If this were just about Choji, fans would probably have tuned out. Hell, I know I would have.

Quote:
Choji is getting it from all angles. It doesn't help that all the Team 10 fans are really Shikamaru x Ino fans who hate Choji anyway. So he has no one to defend him.
Well yeah, Team 10 fans are mostly Shikamaru and Ino fans. So it sucks for Choji that even fans of his own team don't really like him. But what are you going to do? Not every character is going to be liked or have fans.

I think I'd rather be Choji and be an epic failure, but at least get screentime/character development as oppose to being a Shino, Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten, Temari, or Kiba who barely exist these days.
Old 2011-03-20, 12:31   Link #84
Blaine

Just found this.

In a recently released announcement, Shueisha informs about the following:

Due to difficulties in securing electricity and transport materials, as well as other various measures we've taken into account, we've decided to take the following actions:

1) Issue no. 17 of Weekly Shonen Jump, which was scheduled to release on March 28th, will be postponed until April 4th.

2) Issue no. 18 of Weekly Shonen Jump (03/31) will be released along with issue no. 19 (04/07) as a double issue. Therefore, issue no. 18-19 will not be released on 03/31, but on 04/07 instead.

3) The may issue of Jump Square (04/04) will be combined with the june issue (05/02) and will be released as a double issue on 04/21.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Shueisha

The original announcement can be found here: http://www.shueisha.co.jp/info/110317_2.html

So most probably NO Naruto/Bleach/One Piece and other WSJ series for the coming week.
Old 2011-03-20, 23:08   Link #85
Alchemist007
*Author

Quite generous of them really.
Old 2011-03-21, 10:56   Link #86
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

I honestly thought they would take a couple of months off. A week delay is nothing given what is going on.

There is a preview for the next issue. Something about Shikamaru having a major revelation.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:28   Link #87
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Only a week delay? That cant be right. They're being overly optimistic. It's not just about materials, but sales too. No? You'd want a semblance of normality before restarting, Id think.

If Kish is fine, he'll keep writing despite publication delays, resulting in less filler later.

But I digress. Back to the issue at hand! (hee hee I made a pun)

Tricking people into getting sealed (the brothers).
People having epiphanies during battle and unbinding themselves (Sasori)
People helping you seal them (Hanzou)
People trying to help the good guys during battle (Asuma, Zabuza, the Puppet hag...)

Ill say it again: This wont work. Eventually, Kabuto will have enough and take their will away. There are probably too many to fully control, or there's some drawback. But at some point the coalition forces (LOL) will need a more reliable way to seal all the Impure Ressurected enemies. Something they can keep doing over and over w/o having to rely on a bag of tricks.

Otherwise, they are SOL.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 02:33   Link #88
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Only a week delay? That cant be right. They're being overly optimistic. It's not just about materials, but sales too. No? You'd want a semblance of normality before restarting, Id think.
Okay, will people please stop acting like Japan is suffering some kind of economic and social collapse? It's actually beneficial if companies and the public get back to their regular business ASAP. It would be infinitely more harmful if things remained stagnant and people kept delaying everything.
Quote:
If Kish is fine, he'll keep writing despite publication delays, resulting in less filler later.
Kishi is fine. Also, what? How does Kishi's preparedness and the amount he writes affect filler? (of all things) Jump decides when the magazines come out.
Quote:
But I digress. Back to the issue at hand! (hee hee I made a pun)
What pun?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:21   Link #89
ronin myael
lost ronin

so kabuto couldn't really control the zombies eh? if hanzou could resist kabuto's control by allowing himself to be sealed then the others could do the same. i am a bit disappointed with how hanzou reacted to mifune's preaching though. i mean, this was the guy who collaborated with the scheming danzou, the same guy who eliminated a group of youngsters just because he thought they were some sort of a threat. don't know about you guys but i thought it was kind of pitiful and cowardly of him. but then again, his actions also proves that he was the same hanzou who spared the lives of the sannin. what he did to mifune was basically a repeat of what he did to the sannin. he spared them because he saw greatness in them. sorry if this has been discussed already, i'm kinda late. i actually thought there would be no manga for at least a couple of weeks. where was i? oh yeah, hiding under a rock!
Old 2011-03-25, 09:14   Link #90
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so kabuto couldn't really control the zombies eh?
Hmmm, yes and not... Kabuto said that he left zombies like Sai's brother, Asuma, etc, because they could mindf*ck their friends. Zabuza and Haku are an example, as soon as Kabuto felt Kakashi's army he remove that and they were just killing machine without any conscience.

Quote:
if hanzou could resist kabuto's control by allowing himself to be sealed then the others could do the same.
Well, Dan is doing something like that, Asuma also. They are doing what they can to be sealed back.
Old 2011-03-25, 09:32   Link #91
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Hmmm, yes and not... Kabuto said that he left zombies like Sai's brother, Asuma, etc, because they could mindf*ck their friends. Zabuza and Haku are an example, as soon as Kabuto felt Kakashi's army he remove that and they were just killing machine without any conscience.
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't kabuto take away hanzou's mind when he found out what hanzou and mifune were up to? but when he did hanzou just froze, he didn't do anything despite having received orders from kabuto as a mindless zombie. thus he was sealed by mifune and the samurai. that's how i understood it anyway.
Old 2011-03-25, 09:35   Link #92
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't kabuto take away hanzou's mind when he found out what hanzou and mifune were up to? but when he did hanzou just froze, he didn't do anything despite having received orders from kabuto as a mindless zombie. thus he was sealed by mifune and the samurai. that's how i understood it anyway.
Hanzou couldn't move because the paralysis effect of his venom. He can't be killed as a zombie, but he knew the salamander poison would still make him unable to move. This is why he ruptured the venom sack.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 12:00   Link #93
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

All the zombies have followed the same pattern. First you have to immobilize them. After that you can seal or talk-no-jutsu them. Hanzou just immobilized himself.
Old 2011-03-25, 19:41   Link #94
'Pryde
I am better than you

hanzou has dissapointed me i thought he was tough, and i never expected much from choji.

anyone else thing the tsuchikage is the strongest kage?
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 01:50   Link #95
Fran~
floating away...

As Mifune pointed out.... every Kage has pro and cons, Gaara and Mei are inexperienced but they're in perfect shape, Onoki is old, but he know every trick in the book.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:55   Link #96
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

If you go by old Kung Fu movies principles than Onoki is the strongest. The old white haired master is the strongest. Then A, Tsunade, Mei, and Gaara.

He might not be the strongest for long. He is the only good guy I feel even has the slightest chance of dying. He'll pass his will on to Gaara.

It's weird how Kishi shaped the fights. Gaara's division is now at half strength since Shika took the other half with him. So what the hell are they suppose to do? Even if Gaara fights his father and Onoki goes against Muu, that still means their division will get crushed until Shika gets back. We know Alliance fodder means nothing against name characters.
Old 2011-03-27, 02:31   Link #97
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It's weird how Kishi shaped the fights. Gaara's division is now at half strength since Shika took the other half with him. So what the hell are they suppose to do? Even if Gaara fights his father and Onoki goes against Muu, that still means their division will get crushed until Shika gets back. We know Alliance fodder means nothing against name characters.
i think Temari might still be with garra's group since i don't recall seeing her recently and Onoki might still have that fat guy by his side.... Based on the plan Garra is supposed to be stalling the kages until Darui's divsion finishes up what they are doing and sends back up... Division 2 and 5 also shouldn't be too far away depending on where they in terms of taking care of that one group of enemies they wanted to focus on... there might also be a few more characters we are forgetting like iruka and shizune (no clue where the medic divsion is atm) or more obscure characters like that Jounin that was with team garra way back when
Old 2011-03-27, 05:07   Link #98
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i think Temari might still be with garra's group since i don't recall seeing her recently and Onoki might still have that fat guy by his side.... Based on the plan Garra is supposed to be stalling the kages until Darui's divsion finishes up what they are doing and sends back up... Division 2 and 5 also shouldn't be too far away depending on where they in terms of taking care of that one group of enemies they wanted to focus on... there might also be a few more characters we are forgetting like iruka and shizune (no clue where the medic divsion is atm) or more obscure characters like that Jounin that was with team garra way back when
Temari was with Shikamaru and Choji the last we saw of her. Chapter 525. We didn't see her with them when they arrived to help Darui. But she could have also went and be the one to blow away Asuma's wind attack. Guess we have to wait and see.

Shikaku's plan was for the Fourth Division to split up and half go to help Darui. The other half would stay and stall while keeping out of range from the Kages. Once the First Division was safe, Shikamaru would return with his half and the First Division, reform the Fourth Division, and crush the Kages. Given the Fourth Division is only at half strength and waiting for backup(like Darui was) they will likely get thrashed. With the exception of Gaara and Onoki who have their designated Kage fights.

That's also why I could buy into Temari not being there. There isn't really anything for her to do if she stayed as the only name character among the Fourth Division fodder once Shika and Choji left. It made no sense for them to split. Although it also made no sense to have Ino in a different division than Shika and Choji. She ended up with them anyway. Man, there is too much moving around with these teams.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:15   Link #99
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
there might also be a few more characters we are forgetting like iruka and shizune (no clue where the medic divsion is atm) or more obscure characters like that Jounin that was with team garra way back when
Most of the med nin are probably travelling behind the offensive units, a bit aways from the front lines. The 5th unit mentions carrying wounded soldiers to an infirmary.

And Iruka. Is he in this war? Honestly, I thought Kishi just forgot about him. It still amazes me how he manages to place so high in the popularity polls after all this time...

Quote:
That's also why I could buy into Temari not being there. There isn't really anything for her to do if she stayed as the only name character among the Fourth Division fodder once Shika and Choji left. It made no sense for them to split. Although it also made no sense to have Ino in a different division than Shika and Choji. She ended up with them anyway. Man, there is too much moving around with these teams.
No doubt, seems like there's not much Temari can do in the 4th division. They're probably facing the most powerful group of enemies we've seen so far. If it turns out she stayed, she'll likely end up like Samui--a demonstration for the Kages' abilities. Gaara would have to save her from being killed.

But her staying does sort of make sense. She's very loyal and protective of Gaara. She'd want to make sure he had backup if the division split. And since the 4th Kazekage is her father too, Kishi might feel it's more appropriate for her to take part in a battle that dealt with her family's history rather than the battle against Asuma, which is Team 10 business (even though she'd probably be more effective in that fight)

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 11:44   Link #100
Slayerx

another thing to take into account is how kishi seems to focus so much on single fights before showing what's going on everywhere else. in otherwords we might not get to the kage fights until after Shika's group finishes with Asuma and Kakuzu, and mifune's group finishes with Chiyo and what not... meaning by the time we get to the kage fights shika will be starting to make his way back to garra and part of darui's group or division 2 group (which has some new characters that haven't done much yet) will already be half way there.

Also another reason for Temari to stay with garra besides what was mentioned... she's one of the few people in the long range division that actually uses long range attacks... part of the plan was to use long range attacks to stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
And Iruka. Is he in this war? Honestly, I thought Kishi just forgot about him. It still amazes me how he manages to place so high in the popularity polls after all this time...
Well that's kind of the thing, we don't really know... Like with Samui and those pair of chunins taking on Kakuzu we may not have seen EVERYONE who are in this fight in the division line ups at the start of the war. Makes me think that maybe there might be some more wild cards that we are forgetting about... though then the fact that they were not seen in the line ups might also mean that if they do show up they are destined to just suck and get beaten like Samui

Though its not like Iruka would be able to do anything against the kages... well that's what i would normally say but with these formerly epic ninjas being downgraded to basically filler villians i would not be surprised by any level of sucking from the zombies

And i also would not be surprised if kishi decided to throw Iruka into a chapter just because of how well he id in the polls

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion