AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Akane?
A very caring sister, who is justified in hating Mitsuki 40 36.36%
A misinformed caring sister, who should be careful when judging people 31 28.18%
A cute little girl, who makes outrageous comments. 8 7.27%
None of the above (She's more complex) 31 28.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-03, 20:30   Link #1
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Akane: What do you think of her?

So, what do you think of Akane?
eMpTy265 is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 20:54   Link #2
Lst2touchdasky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Shes much more moraled the the blue haired b****
Lst2touchdasky is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:03   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Akane is justified for hating Mitsuki, but not for the reasons she has, so I picked that she's misinformed. I'm sure if Akane knew that it was Mitsuki who made Takayuki late, she'd hate her a lot more.
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:16   Link #4
Whojive
is behind on many eps
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Michigan
Age: 46
Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
i agree with both previous posts, but i do think she has reason to hate mitsuki for taking advantage of Haruka's situation. Mitsuki is all shady business, i don't like her and i support Akane 100%. I do think Akane is more complex than that also.
Whojive is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:21   Link #5
|Aion|
Hajime
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
I think she a little bit of a bitch,although while being a caring sister,she did not know that harukas parents told him not to come anymore.And if she knew how tayakui(thinks is his name) life was,she might let up on mitsuki and doing whatever was nesscary to make his life better.
|Aion| is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:37   Link #6
Gina-bunny
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Age: 41
I definitely think she's justified in her dislike of Mitsuki. Mitsuki was a person Akane could look up to on the swim team and her sister's best friend. I even feel betrayed by the actions of Mitsuki. I know she liked Takayuki and all, but to date her best friend's boyfriend while she's defenseless to fight for her man seems kinda low.
Gina-bunny is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:48   Link #7
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Well, she cares a lot for her sister, that's for sure. But once she forms an option she does not try and change it. I mean, she did not try and understand takayuki and mitsuki's decision, which is sad, since a lot of stuff takes place behind her back...
JokerD is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 21:56   Link #8
Whojive
is behind on many eps
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Michigan
Age: 46
Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
Well, she cares a lot for her sister, that's for sure. But once she forms an option she does not try and change it. I mean, she did not try and understand takayuki and mitsuki's decision, which is sad, since a lot of stuff takes place behind her back...
so far it hasn't shown that they tried to explain it to Akane so as far as the info she has been given her actions are justified
Whojive is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 22:17   Link #9
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
The reason why neither of them try to explain things to Akane is that they both feel guilty as hell.

What's Mitsuki going to tell her? It was just a mistake? That's a complete lie, and she doesn't have the stomach for lying about her feelings anymore. Sorry for betraying your trust in me? Sorry that I was banging your onii-chan and my best friend's boyfriend while you were visiting her in the hospital? Sorry that I betrayed your sister's freindship?

That's a tough spot to be in when you feel as guilty and low as Mitsuki does. She can't set Akane straight because she herself feels she is a traitor.
GUTB_ is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 23:13   Link #10
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
*deleted*

How do you put spoiler tags?
Village Idiot is offline  
Old 2003-11-03, 23:17   Link #11
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
*deleted*

How do you put spoiler tags?
I think GHDPro will work that one in tomorrow or something, but for now you can do something like this:

[ b]SPOILERS[/b]
[ color=#FFFFFF]Post your spoilers[/color]

(Get rid of spaces in tags)
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 00:37   Link #12
Lucier
Lunar Translator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Akane's the best o_O
They need to show more of her, and less of the pissed off her
Lucier is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 00:52   Link #13
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Akane's the best o_O
They need to show more of her, and less of the pissed off her

I sure hope they do.


But unfortunately, unless the story goes towards the Haruka or Akane ending, the Akane we'll see is most likely going to be the PO'ed one.
eMpTy265 is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 00:53   Link #14
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Akane's the best o_O
They need to show more of her, and less of the pissed off her
Yeah, that's why it would have been nice if they didn't cut out so much of Akane's scenes (with Haruka in the beach and stuff) in the "prologue"... But I guess they had to stuff the accident in the end of Ep 2 there so people would not quit and say that it's another cheesy storyless romance like what they did with Ep 1...
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 01:07   Link #15
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I think Akane's misinformed. She has the right to scold Mitsuki but she doesn't know how much pain Mitsuki has to suffer. I guess she's a little bit too young to understand life. She will be more forgiving if she is older and more experienced.
lordwu is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 02:35   Link #16
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 51
Okay, I'll out myself as a weirdo and probably a special case: I really like Akane alot, but I have a feeling that the anime will go in Mitsuki's direction, and I like Mitsuki alot.

To me it seems that Akane does not know the whole story yet. Remember the teary Akane in ep5 over that "others were saying bad things about Mitsuki, while they know nothing"? That's exactly what she's now doing herself - and I would almost expect her to realize it one day.

Also keep in mind that she's caught Mitsuki and Takayuki _immediately_ after Mitsuki made her move (a fact Akane did not know, just as it's explicitly made clear that she did not know that her parents have just told Takayuki not to return) - so she is jumping to conclusions, that Mitsuki has been with Takayuki behind her back "zutto" (right from the start).

So why do I like her so much? Because she's got such a caring nature, a strong will and a strong dedication. Obviously visiting her comatose sister daily for 3 years. I expect Akane to become Haruka's strongest ally to win back Takayuki, just like it was thanks to her to a huge degree that Haruka and Takayuki made progress in the first place.

People like her make the best and most precious friends there are. With her misunderstanding going on, considering her youth, and under the extreme circumstances her overzealous hatred for Mitsuki is easily forgiven

PS: Her role in this drama is more than just being the whip for the evil Mitsuki, as the Haruka camp seems to reduce her to *winks*
Mentar is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 03:40   Link #17
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Actually...by the time Akane walked in on Mitsuki in Narumi's bed, they had been sleeping together for at least a few days. And Mitsuki can't say anything to Akane because she herself feels that she is a traitor deep down. She was the one who had been carrying around a desire for Narumi for all those years. She just broke down and basically stole him from Haruka -- even though she's in a coma, she's far from dead, and the feeling is very real. So when Akane comes out and calls her a shameless slut, Mitsuki just takes it because that's how she feels deep down. And to her credit, she doesn't get defensive over it, just accepts that she deserves to be called out.
GUTB_ is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 04:12   Link #18
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
Actually...by the time Akane walked in on Mitsuki in Narumi's bed, they had been sleeping together for at least a few days. And Mitsuki can't say anything to Akane because she herself feels that she is a traitor deep down. She was the one who had been carrying around a desire for Narumi for all those years. She just broke down and basically stole him from Haruka -- even though she's in a coma, she's far from dead, and the feeling is very real. So when Akane comes out and calls her a shameless slut, Mitsuki just takes it because that's how she feels deep down. And to her credit, she doesn't get defensive over it, just accepts that she deserves to be called out.
I don't think this is correct. Akane is shown wondering why Onii-chan hasn't come today and if he's sick and decides to check on him. That's probably the day after Mitsuki "tackled" Takayuki. Akane however is obviously convinced that Mitsuki had been with Takayuki like this "zutto", and we as the audience know that this isn't true.

I'm still amazed about the hostility level displayed towards Mitsuki ... I think not even Akane called her a "slut". How guilt-ridden Mitsuki is is fairly obvious - but a slut she is not, and under the given conditions, I find it hard to see her a traitor either.
Mentar is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 04:32   Link #19
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Age: 38
Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
power to the hostility towards Mitsuki

even if Akane was misinformed, even if she did not know what was up. She is still better than Mitsuki. Why? because Mitsuki is the backstabber!

Yeah she had those feelings and such, and she knows she is the reason for the accident. Yet she goes and breaks down to Takayuki, a guy who looked like he wasn't living anymore, with nothing to look forward too in life and just living his life like a bum. She basically, yes, stole him from the unconscious Haruka. I have no sympathy for Mitsuki. Akane has every right to call her this and that, even if she was misinformed
__________________

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 04:54   Link #20
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
power to the hostility towards Mitsuki

even if Akane was misinformed, even if she did not know what was up. She is still better than Mitsuki. Why? because Mitsuki is the backstabber!

Yeah she had those feelings and such, and she knows she is the reason for the accident. Yet she goes and breaks down to Takayuki, a guy who looked like he wasn't living anymore, with nothing to look forward too in life and just living his life like a bum. She basically, yes, stole him from the unconscious Haruka. I have no sympathy for Mitsuki. Akane has every right to call her this and that, even if she was misinformed
It's been thanks to Mitsuki that he did NOT end up as a bum, you know. Without her, he probably would have gone over the edge. And from a grown-up perspective, while without her holding Takayuki up the accident may not have taken place, she's not really "responsible" for it. Moreover, if she would have done the "right" thing to do from your point of view, and removed herself from Takayuki when the pain became too much for her to bear, would he have lasted the next 2 years? He was about to carry a comatose patient out of the hospital, for crying out loud

Well, the nice thing about this anime is that it's stirring up deep emotions and allowing to root for different camps. Also, it's not clear yet how this anime is going to progress and end, because I wouldn't put it past the author to shock the audience again by diverging from the game in the end
Mentar is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.