Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-13, 15:14   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 400 Discussion

Quote:

* Gin makes a noise by clapping his hands. Gin: Did it reach you?

* Ichigo: ... Maybe he's thinking about the speed the sound is transmitted.

* It's now 500 times! Apparently his sword extends to 13 km at 500 times the speed of sound.

* At the end Aizen is powered up.Finally he says, "The purpose of the hyougoku is to make known my will."

* He then gives a clue regarding his fusion with the hyougoku .

Credits : Sheetz / SpaceCat / Zangetsu
// Ohana / Nja

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules. Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!

Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Old 2010-04-13, 15:17   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
...that's it? Gin's bankai can create massive sonic booms from that, but that don't seem so special...
Old 2010-04-13, 15:19   Link #3
Sythychan

Holding out for something in chapter 400 was disappointing... Oh well maybe Urahara will show up and do something to negate the Hyogyokou?
Old 2010-04-13, 15:19   Link #4
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
...that's it? Gin's bankai can create massive sonic booms from that, but that don't seem so special...
It's more than what you had last week . . .

Were people still expecting something from Kubo, err, Gin? >_>
Old 2010-04-13, 15:21   Link #5
Farscape
Secondman

How did you get massive sonic booms from that? He just stated that he can speed up his bankai? By clapping his Sword ability speeded up 500 times the speed of sound?
Old 2010-04-13, 15:24   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
At the end Aizen is powered up.
JUST WHY THE HELL! Couldn't the hogyoku just weaken him, but so that he still has enough hax to pwn everyone else? Would be a lot cooler than powering up even more at this point...Gin's got a gun-sword, that's actually pretty nifty. Unblockable and powerful attacks that can snipe as well...powerful, as long as he can control/perceive the speed too.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:27   Link #7
ZeroForever

Speed of sound is about 340.29 m/s at sea level x500 ~ 170145.... anyways another blargh chapter.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:29   Link #8
kamyu

500 times the speed of sound? yeesh. so about 384,000 miles per hour.
thats over twice as fast as the fastest man made object.

sonic booms from air planes can break windows and such. how about that going off next to your head?
Old 2010-04-13, 15:30   Link #9
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
He just stated that he can speed up his bankai? By clapping his Sword ability speeded up 500 times the speed of sound?
No, Gin clapped his hands to make fun of Ichigo. Clapping doesn't change the Bankai, Gin is just stating the speed that it extend at. (Mach 500) This means that Gin's Bankai can extend the full 13 km in about a tenth of a second if I did my math right. Which means the only way to not get hit by it is to block it, dodging is no use unless you can get 13 km away.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:30   Link #10
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Think about it like this: His sword can extend 500 times the speed of sound to 13 km, meaning that standing where he is, he could make Ichigo look like swiss cheese with the amount of holes he could puncture. His sword is basically a gun with the range of 13 km, which begs the question: Why didn't he go hide and just get a headshot.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-13, 15:34   Link #11
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
How did you get massive sonic booms from that? He just stated that he can speed up his bankai? By clapping his Sword ability speeded up 500 times faster than the speed of sound?
Travels about 1.76198 Km/s about 6343.128 km/h so Ichigo shouldn't be a to dodge it at all...or even block it. Kubo Physics at work
Old 2010-04-13, 15:36   Link #12
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
How can Gin clap with a sword in his hand?
Old 2010-04-13, 15:36   Link #13
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
which begs the question: Why didn't he go hide and just get a headshot.
Where's he going to hide? He just cut down every building in FKT.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:37   Link #14
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
No, Gin clapped his hands to make fun of Ichigo. Clapping doesn't change the Bankai, Gin is just stating the speed that it extend at. (Mach 500) This means that Gin's Bankai can extend the full 13 km in about a tenth of a second if I did my math right. Which means the only way to not get hit by it is to block it, dodging is no use unless you can get 13 km away.
a little less than a tenth of a second even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
Travels about 1.76198 Km/s about 6343.128 km/h so Ichigo shouldn't be a to dodge it at all...or even block it. Kubo Physics at work
well he didn't say he had to extend it that fast, just that he could. XD
Old 2010-04-13, 15:38   Link #15
sayde

Fusing w/ the hyougoku already? Seems kind of dangerous and unnecessary attm. The dude hasn't even gone bankai or used shikai against his current opponent yet. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing for Isshin.

And Gin's bankai has been semi-redeemed to me at this point. I can definitely see the possibilities thanks to some of the previous posts in this thread. But I want to see what else Kubo makes Gin do with it before I make a final decision. At the very least I'll say it's no longer the worst Bankai IMO.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:39   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Or a meter away. This weapon is useless at close range (a hakuda expert would destroy Gin, no matter the speed of his erections), considering that all Ichigo need do is make sure not to be in the path of the "barrel" of Gin's sword, and to do that he need only lock blades with Gin, or simply stay close enough that he can always see where the blade is.

Still, from a purely statistical perspective, having a weapon that "shoots" at some 170,000 meters per second is impressive...

Quote:
With one hand...
Old 2010-04-13, 15:42   Link #17
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Fusing w/ the hyougoku already? Seems kind of dangerous and unnecessary attm. The dude hasn't even gone bankai or used shikai against his current opponent yet. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing for Isshin.
well he has already been fused with it for a while now. he is just explaining part of his evil plan now.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+hand+clapping
Old 2010-04-13, 15:50   Link #18
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well he has already been fused with it for a while now. he is just explaining part of his evil plan now.
Yeah, I was misinterpreting the above spoiler based on another spoiler I had read earlier. I thought that he was about to merge with the Hogyouku to an even greater extent than before. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2010-04-13, 16:00   Link #19
Slayerx

eh, i find it's kind of hard to be impressed with speedy attacks in shonen... afterall you are usually dealing with fighters who can move at incredible speeds and dodge bullets. I mean when you are dodging bullets and what not, it becomes hard to believe there is anything too fast for a character to dodge... it's kind what i've been feeling about one of sasuke's newest attacks in naruto as well as kizaru's in one piece

y'know what might have been interesting...
If at some point in the past, be it early in the HM arc or sometime in the SS arc, Someone close to ichigo or someone he was trying to protect just suddenly died from a shot to the head... No one saw the attack and no one could see anyone near by to launch the attack; it was a complete mystery how they were killed...
And then, when Gin reveals the nature of his Bankai, Ichigo realizes at the moment that Gin could use his bankai to snipe someone from miles away and no one would ever notice and thus realizes what happened to that person in a previous arc...

I think THAT would have worked for an interesting twist that would have award Gin some badass points. i feel like it would have the same effect as cutting Hiyori in half
Old 2010-04-13, 16:06   Link #20
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Or a meter away. This weapon is useless at close range (a hakuda expert would destroy Gin, no matter the speed of his erections), considering that all Ichigo need do is make sure not to be in the path of the "barrel" of Gin's sword, and to do that he need only lock blades with Gin, or simply stay close enough that he can always see where the blade is.

Still, from a purely statistical perspective, having a weapon that "shoots" at some 170,000 meters per second is impressive...
Getting close isn't a big weakness for Gin, I'm assuming that he can retract his sword just as fast. And Gin has always been portrayed as a zanjutsu master, he can move his sword fast enough to create speed clones of it*, and he was skilled enough to murder a 3rd seat when he was just out of the academy.

I don't really remember what Hakuda means but I'm pretty sure that's the Hand to Hand style. The only argument I can voice against your claims of Gin being beaten in h2h is Barragan's flashback. When Gin and tousen were killing off Barragan's friends, only tousen had his sword drawn, but it was clear that Gin was participating in the slaughter. To me that says that Gin knows how to fight with his hands well enough to beat adjuchas level Hollows with his bnare hands. (he's a captain so he should be at least above average at it).

*I know they weren't actual speed clones but he was still moving his sword fast enough for Kubo to draw it multiple times in one panel, which no other character has been shown to do.