AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-05-23, 12:43   Link #61
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It was megans body that made Mikaela a face, because it certainly wasnt her acting =\
*snort* I doubt it was her face, either....

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 17:35   Link #62
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol man thats some pretty funny news, while I didn't mind the sex appeal Fox brought to the table for the films.
I'm not bothered she won't be doing the 3rd film either, it was always about the BIG STOMPING ROBOTS for me and always will be.
Just a pity Bay doesn't think that way also.
Will be interesting to see who replaces Fox, I wouldn't mind seeing Gemma Arterton play the part.

FYI, Alba>Johanson>Fox
Old 2010-05-24, 03:19   Link #63
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
It was megans body that made Mikaela a face, because it certainly wasnt her acting =\
When you're as hot as Megan Fox, you don't need acting talent. Its not like I care about any of the dialog in a Michael Bay movie, I'm just there for the visuals. (Big explosions and sexy bitches)
Old 2010-05-24, 08:48   Link #64
james0246

Here's a fun article that kind of explains my own annoyances with this fan hoopla over Megan Fox's dismissal...

Why Do We Care About, Let Alone Hate, Megan Fox?

Quote:
What exactly has Megan Fox done to cause so much consternation amongst the American entertainment media, and (if comments pages, Tweets, and Facebook updates are to be believed) the American public in general? She's a 24-year old actress who has been in an allegedly monogamous relationship for several years (with Brian Austin Green), yet she is constantly referred to as a slut. She is constantly viewed as a sex symbol and an object of lust, yet whenever she exploits said pin-up status or discusses it openly, she is derided as an attention whore. Yes, Jennifer's Body aside (where she, Amanda Seyfried, and writer Diablo Cody were left adrift by Karyn Kusama's abysmal direction and pacing), she has yet to really prove herself as more than just a pretty face/hot body. But you could say that about countless famous actresses, including many who are rumored to be replacing Fox in said robot sequel. Why has Megan Fox earned such hatred that millions of people, who arguably have more important things to do and/or worry about, are so pleased at the mere idea that an actress got fired for speaking her mind to the press and criticizing the filmmaker of a movie that most people didn't care for?
Megan Fox may or may not have been fired from Transformers 3. She may have simply declined to appear because she just didn't want to do the picture, perhaps because she had nothing to do in the prior sequel (Bay had allegedly promised her a better role this time around, complete with her own female villain to combat). Bonnie Bedelia famously complained about her lack of material in Die Hard 2: Die Harder and ended up not appearing in Die Hard: With a Vengeance. To this day, we still don't know for sure why Katie Holmes ended up being replaced by Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight. But the idea that we should cheer her alleged sacking, a termination that seems to be partially blowback for speaking her mind and giving thoughtful and nuanced press clippings is wrongheaded and contradictory.

Championing independent thought while approving of punishment for saying things that are factually correct (Bay is a madman on set, the Transformers movies aren't acting showcases, being a successful actress is primarily about sex appeal, etc) says something about how cruel and petty we can be. There is no question that society as a whole does not like Megan Fox. Yet we are the ones who constantly talk about her and read her interviews, and download her red-carpet pictures. She has done nothing of note to earn our wrath, or even our interest. We created Megan Fox the superstar. It's not her fault that it occurred before she had the chance to become Megan Fox the actress.
---

That being said, it appears that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is in the front-running to replace Megan Fox for the third film. This is unconfirmed (as I post), and could be based on the fact that she recently appeared in a Victoria Secret ad he made, but if true, at least Bay will be living up to our low expectations of him...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-24 at 10:23.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 11:04   Link #65
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if your in a movie for nothing but fanservice, thats pretty sad. and its her fault for not wanting to be that kind of actor. But its too late now.
Old 2010-05-25, 00:03   Link #66
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Here's a fun article that kind of explains my own annoyances with this fan hoopla over Megan Fox's dismissal...
I don't particularly like/hate MF but that guy has a point.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 00:34   Link #67
Kudryavka

Quote:
if your in a movie for nothing but fanservice, thats pretty sad. and its her fault for not wanting to be that kind of actor. But its too late now.
Sucks that she's been typecasted as a sexy teen with more body than acting. But she's still young, I bet she'll break out of that box before her acting career is over.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 01:19   Link #68
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Doubt someone's gonna miss Megan Fox at the upcoming Transformers movie.

Maybe Ema Watson would be a nice replacement. :/
Old 2010-05-25, 05:17   Link #69
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

If only Americans can get that:
Hot and Sexy = Good.
Pleasant and Nice = Better.
Old 2010-05-25, 05:26   Link #70
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I suppose I should feel sorry for her for having to act in two horrendously shit movies in a row. A shame.
she was acting? she's Nicholas Cage with boobs.

Queen Latifah has better acting chops than Megan Fox and her movies are pretty mediocre too!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 05:36   Link #71
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

why would you want to kill emma watsons career?
seriously after staring in a micheal bay movie it takes years to get the stench off.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:17   Link #72
Zeyroth
I am God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Goodbye, your fired Megan, have a nice day.
I literally laughed when i saw this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
I for one would go for Emma "Hermione Granger" Watson. Mean and sassy wrapped in a sexy body is getting SO old.
I would have to agree that Emma Watson would be a good choice. However, linking Emma Watson and Transformers together just didn't seem to link for me. Well, it might be just me, but somehow or the other, Emma Watson seems to radiate the aura of innocence, whereas in Transformers, it's mostly about war, fighting, clashing of metal parts, so on and so forth.

But honestly, what in the world does the people these days see in Megan Fox? I myself hardly find her hot. No offense meant though.
Zeyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:04   Link #73
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
why would you want to kill emma watsons career?
seriously after staring in a micheal bay movie it takes years to get the stench off.
it did wonders for Will Smith and he's a fantastic actor.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:14   Link #74
Gin
*Artist

Why do so many people want that Harry
Potter girl? She's so plain, and she's totally ugly compared to Megan Fox. Also, the acting in HP movies is pretty shitty so she wouldn't bring any talent to the movie.

*prepares to be neg rep'd yet again for speaking out against that ugly HP chick and against the HP movies*
Old 2010-05-25, 18:35   Link #75
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'd say it's great that she won't be in the third film, but it if its as disappointing as the second, it won't really matter.
Old 2010-05-25, 18:48   Link #76
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Why do so many people want that Harry
Potter girl? She's so plain, and she's totally ugly compared to Megan Fox. Also, the acting in HP movies is pretty shitty so she wouldn't bring any talent to the movie.
I've only seen one HP movie (the first) and in it she's quite cute, she really has that girl next door look, but to claim that meghan fox has any iota of acting skill is just absurd.

Still I wish they would get the director of D9 to just remake the entire franchise. On a shoe string budget he made one of the best scifi movies of the past decade, so i have to say either abrams or bloomkamp would be a great pick.
Old 2010-05-25, 18:51   Link #77
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

No way they'll redo it anytime soon. Maybe in like, fifteen to twenty years since that seems to be the trend (The Karate Kid, wtf?), lol.
Old 2010-05-25, 18:54   Link #78
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No way they'll redo it anytime soon. Maybe in like, fifteen to twenty years since that seems to be the trend (The Karate Kid, wtf?), lol.
technically Jackie chan said that the karate kid really is the kungfu kid, it's just the studio wanted to capitalize on the brand due to the karate kid movie prior to it.

GOD I HATE JADEN SMITH, why does jackie chan need to suck off will smith, it's just ridiculous, I know I know this is not the karate kid thread, but OMG there are "some" actors that I just hate.

P.S. Will Smith please do a good movie in the near future? Pretty Please.
Old 2010-05-25, 21:47   Link #79
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'd say it's great that she won't be in the third film, but it if its as disappointing as the second, it won't really matter.
Well since Megan Fox was the only saving grace of #2, I think its safe to say that #3 will blow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I've only seen one HP movie (the first) and in it she's quite cute, she really has that girl next door look, but to claim that meghan fox has any iota of acting skill is just absurd.
Wasn't that girl like 11 in the first movie?
*looks at your avatar*

I never said Megan Fox was anything special in the acting department, (Although she has never shown any especially bad acting either) I just said that the HP didn't have any talent. At least Megan Fox has talent in the looks department. (Yes, I consider looking as good as Megan Fox to be a talent)
Old 2010-05-25, 21:50   Link #80
ChainLegacy
廉頗

She's not that good looking dude.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote