AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 05:29   Link #21
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Rika-lookalikes are popping out everywhere.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 06:46   Link #22
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
"He keeps developing." Hmmm… his art style certainly has changed over the years.

Y'know, the Higurashi art style is still my favourite.
That's why I wrote "bad". Just because I consider it bad doesn't mean that everyone else have to.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:40   Link #23
Joly
モエカステル

People are really just calling them "Rika-look-alikes" because the characters have long, dark/blue hair...
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 15:40   Link #24
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
^ I think this might look better if you could find a better picture of the long dark blue-haired girl that shows up during the Higanbana OP.
Yeah, she does look more like Rika, but I don't have a sprite of her unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Rika-lookalikes are popping out everywhere.
Haha, I deliberately chose characters from each series that look similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
That's why I wrote "bad". Just because I consider it bad doesn't mean that everyone else have to.
Of course. You consider it bad while I love that art style!

EDIT: Oh, I found the jacket image for Higanbana: The First Night:

Considering it doesn't actually say '第一夜' (The First Night) on the cover, I'm assuming The Second Night will also contain The First Night (similar to Higurashi and Umineko).

There's also some technical specifications (that I've put up on my blog 07th Update), but I'm guessing most people on these forums will be using ONScripter(-EN), so they don't really apply.

Last edited by Yirba; 2011-07-26 at 20:38.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 14:09   Link #25
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

DVD size packaging from the get-go, huh. But it still has a resolution of 640x480 like Higurashi and Umineko did. That's so low compared to the current VN standard
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 19:18   Link #26
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

640x480 is the NScripter default, although it can actually support 800x600. Considering Ryukishi07 has high-resolution versions of the sprites and I'm sure the photo backgrounds are taken at a much higher resolution… it wouldn't be too difficult to create the game in mode800.

Ah well, at least stuff can be upscaled in ONScripter.
Old 2011-08-08, 15:34   Link #27
ThousandKakeras

I dont know if it is appropiate to post this. but i am a new user here and i am currently gathering people to translate the higanbana sound novel in english. if someone knows japanese you can send me a private message.

Last edited by ThousandKakeras; 2011-08-08 at 16:26.
ThousandKakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 12:51   Link #28
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThousandKakeras View Post
I dont know if it is appropiate to post this. but i am a new user here and i am currently gathering people to translate the higanbana sound novel in english. if someone knows japanese you can send me a private message.
Hello and welcome!

Indeed you are allowed to start a translation project. I cannot speak for them, however there is the possibility that Witch Hunt may choose to translate this game after their translation of Umineko. There are no official plans to do so, but they have voiced interest.

Anyway, should you wish to translate the game, I wish you the best of luck!
Old 2011-08-11, 13:53   Link #29
Joly
モエカステル

Sprite images floating around...
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 14:41   Link #30
ThousandKakeras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Hello and welcome!

Indeed you are allowed to start a translation project. I cannot speak for them, however there is the possibility that Witch Hunt may choose to translate this game after their translation of Umineko. There are no official plans to do so, but they have voiced interest.

Anyway, should you wish to translate the game, I wish you the best of luck!

Some things happened, and I am not available for translation......I am sorry if this caused problems to Witch-hunt.

Last edited by ThousandKakeras; 2011-08-11 at 15:46.
ThousandKakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 17:20   Link #31
moichispa
Endless witch

Anybody knows if there is going to be any interesting spoiler post for higanbana like the ones that used to be for umineko in lj, 4chan or 2ch?

Last edited by moichispa; 2011-08-11 at 17:49.
moichispa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 19:56   Link #32
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

The final version of Higanbana's OP has been released. There are a few minor differences to the one released earlier. Can you spot the changes (they're towards the end)?

The Higanbana BBS has opened on the official website. There's a general discussion forum as well as an imageboard.
Old 2011-08-14, 01:24   Link #33
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'm really interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about this that has had a chance to check it out. There doesn't seem to be any discussion anywhere beyond a 15+ post 4chan thread, which is kind of depressing.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 02:25   Link #34
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I am wondering if this will be based on one protagonist then switching to another protagonist and story or if there will be one over arching story. I've read the manga and knowing what happens to the first I'm kind of confused as to what it will be. Or if someone knows please tell me lol.
Old 2011-08-14, 07:20   Link #35
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I'm really interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about this that has had a chance to check it out. There doesn't seem to be any discussion anywhere beyond a 15+ post 4chan thread, which is kind of depressing.
They were saying that Ryukishi's booth was..empty Many people assumed that almost no one bought the game ._.

Please tell me it's not true

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:21   Link #36
moichispa
Endless witch

Don't believe 4ch too much. There are even contradictory statements about that. Somebody said too on that place that the game was sold out on the morning.

I have been searching for a while and I can't find anything really I found just the 2 4chan threads that are more a ragging against it that a informative place. there are a few screenshots really and most probably fake. Even the places of umineko spoilers post in lj does not have any info about higanbana.
Old 2011-08-14, 12:24   Link #37
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

The first review of the game was posted on 07th Expansion's Higanbana board a little while ago. It's a really interesting response:

Spoiler for Review by banban (translated):
Old 2011-08-14, 12:56   Link #38
TW25

Thanks for the translation.

I'm not surprised by how that person reacted to Higanbana. Higanbana is a dark story because it talks about real issues. Horrible problems that people have to face. Problems that might be uncomfortable to discuss.

Of course I'll have to wait to read it myself, but I applaud Ryuukishi for writing stories like this.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 14:33   Link #39
moichispa
Endless witch

I'm wonder, there will be more higanbana?

since it seems that this volume contains 7 stories or more.
Old 2011-08-14, 15:02   Link #40
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by moichispa View Post
I'm wonder, there will be more higanbana?

since it seems that this volume contains 7 stories or more.
Yeah, a second one has already been announced for winter here. Unlike with Higurashi and Umineko it won't contain the stories from the first one though.

Also most of the serious impressions I've seen around of the game have been pretty positive to be honest. No one seems to be gushing about it, but people generally seem to be enjoying it. It seems to be fairly short, though.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote