AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 11:14   Link #7401
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for chapter 268:

Good chapter filled with pleasant surprises.
Old 2012-01-27, 11:25   Link #7402
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I loved this chapter. Haha
Old 2012-01-27, 11:31   Link #7403
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I haven't felt like saying this about FT in a while but...This is Bullshit!

Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly happy that Juvia, Luxus and Gajeel are participating as they are in my top 5 favorites (JUUUUUVVVIIIIIIAAAAAA!!!!) however the way Mashima played this out actually had me raging.

I was actually expecting, at the very least, Natsu to get pissed (not the "Derp we are rivals now grrr" but actually, evil glare and few aggressive words) that, to me, would have actually salvaged it a bit but no...
Also what's with master? If I were in Natsu's position I would totally call him out on the fact that he didn't trust them enough to tell them there was a second team. I mean what did he think? That if he had told Natsu that LUXUS AND GAJEEL were also participating that he would take it easy? NATSU!? He would even push it more, same goes for Gray and possibly Erza.

I cheered when I saw 3 of my favorite characters competing but then I felt like punching my computer screen. So much trolling rage...

Now I'm just split between wanting Luxus, Gajeel and Juvia to everyone ass and wanting Natsu's team to win because of the bullshit troll move.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 11:56   Link #7404
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly happy that Juvia, Luxus and Gajeel are participating as they are in my top 5 favorites (JUUUUUVVVIIIIIIAAAAAA!!!!) however the way Mashima played this out actually had me raging.

I was actually expecting, at the very least, Natsu to get pissed (not the "Derp we are rivals now grrr" but actually, evil glare and few aggressive words) that, to me, would have actually salvaged it a bit but no...
Also what's with master? If I were in Natsu's position I would totally call him out on the fact that he didn't trust them enough to tell them there was a second team. I mean what did he think? That if he had told Natsu that LUXUS AND GAJEEL were also participating that he would take it easy? NATSU!? He would even push it more, same goes for Gray and possibly Erza.

I cheered when I saw 3 of my favorite characters competing but then I felt like punching my computer screen. So much trolling rage...

Now I'm just split between wanting Luxus, Gajeel and Juvia to everyone ass and wanting Natsu's team to win because of the bullshit troll move.
Or maybe Gajeel, Luxus, and Mira weren't back yet, like the Master said when Team A was formed. The other arrived after Natsu and co. left and Jellel comes to make his request. Fairy Tail now has enough strong members back to form another group, so Team B is formed.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:22   Link #7405
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 268:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 12:30   Link #7406
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mashima respects the opinions of AS members.
Spoiler for 268:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 12:33   Link #7407
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 268:
Spoiler for spoiler:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 12:39   Link #7408
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

imo that would be out of character for Natsu and co to say that. It has already been show that Natsu and co has absolute trust in the master. It would be more out of character for them to start questioning the master then just accept it.

And Jellal will be a FT member by the end of the this arc. Somewhere down the line Jellal is going to be force to show he is a member of FT and Mavis will put the Guild Crest on him.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:41   Link #7409
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Jellal's fighting with a Mavis seal of approval, and she's been gathering fans these past few chapters
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:03   Link #7410
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
imo that would be out of character for Natsu and co to say that. It has already been show that Natsu and co has absolute trust in the master. It would be more out of character for them to start questioning the master then just accept it.

I said "If I was in Natsu's position" not that Natsu himself would do it...
Old 2012-01-27, 13:06   Link #7411
Rahan

Hehe

Told you Jellal only need to put on a Mystogan outfit to appear in public ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:09   Link #7412
ShiroiRyu

HAHAHA !
So fucking good.
Second team ... Badass team !
Old 2012-01-27, 13:10   Link #7413
richardtengcy

Power level of Team B:
1: Mystogan (S-Rank)
2: Laxus (S-Rank)
3: Mirajane (S-Rank)
4: Gajeel
5: Juvia

Power level of Team A
1: Erza (S-Rank)
2: Natsu
3: Gray
4: Elfman
5: Lucy

No doubt about it...Team B is the stronger team.
By the way Juvia looks refreshing in her new appearance, same clothing but different hair style. Looks good on her.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:37   Link #7414
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

The question is .... Who the hell is masked man in RT ? Maybe .... Zeref ?
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:40   Link #7415
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
By the way Juvia looks refreshing in her new appearance, same clothing but different hair style. Looks good on her.
It's the best hairstyle she's had thus far, with the most recent being a close runner up. She should keep it but that's not likely to happen, unfortunately.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 14:04   Link #7416
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

The girl in Sabertooth reminds me of Angel.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:00   Link #7417
orangejuicetang

Quick question, wasn't Gajeel and Juvia considered S-class when they were part of Phantom Lord? or am I remembering that wrong?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 16:07   Link #7418
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Quick question, wasn't Gajeel and Juvia considered S-class when they were part of Phantom Lord? or am I remembering that wrong?
Yes and No, only Juvia and the other 3 were S-class while Gajeel was just highly regarded like Natsu is for example. But seeing as the concept of S-class differs from guild to guild, it's not a transferable title. Phantom Lord's S-Class were rather weak compared to Fairy Tail's S-Class Not only that but when they joined, they weren't trusted enough to get the title and gain access to high profile missions.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:09   Link #7419
Slayerx

You see, when kubo trolls, its annoying and troubling. But when Mashima trolls, it just feels a whole lot more fun XD

While on the plus side this will allow for screen time for the non-mainstream characters, it does irk me a bit. First the lengths it went to to keep it a secret... Like makarov not mentioning he was putting in a second team. The other being the idea including Jerral. I mean i can call it right now that he is gonna get discovered and it will result in team B being disqualified... Frankly it would have made more sense for makarov to have placed Elfman on the second team instead... there was also no mention of Fried who could have also been a contender; he was training with laxus, so unless he has something important to do, he should have returned in time for the tournament.

Hell knowing that fairy tail gets to have a B team, kinda makes me wish mashima had had levi take wendy's place instead (with elfman on the B team)... It annoys me that she was played up as a potential S-class in the previous arc yet has NEVER done anything to prove it. Hell, she was handing around the A team so she might have had the chance to join them when wendy came went missing... Kana is probably another one that could have been used (though i find her less likable); played up as a potential S-class but always failing to prove it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The girl in Sabertooth reminds me of Angel.
Funny considering how i think one of the Raven Tail members reminds me of Midnight
Old 2012-01-27, 16:12   Link #7420
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yes and No, only Juvia and the other 3 were S-class while Gajeel was just highly regarded like Natsu is for example. But seeing as the concept of S-class differs from guild to guild, it's not a transferable title. Phantom Lord's S-Class were rather weak compared to Fairy Tail's S-Class Not only that but when they joined, they weren't trusted enough to get the title and gain access to high profile missions.
Jubvia was one of the S-class candidate

Gajeel was trusted enough to be sent to Raven Tail as a double agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
You see, when kubo trolls, its annoying and troubling. But when Mashima trolls, it just feels a whole lot more fun XD

Though granted, it does irk me a bit. First the lengths it went to to keep it a secret... Like makarov not mentioning he was putting in a second team. The other being the idea including Jerral. I mean i can call it right now that he is gonna get discovered and it will result in team B being disqualified... Frankly it would have made more sense for makarov to have placed Elfman on the second team instead... there was also no mention of Fried who could have also been a contender; he was training with laxus, so unless he has something important to do, he should have returned in time for the tournament.
This will also be when Jelly becomes a member of FT when Mavis will save his butt by putting the FT guild crest on him so he can pass as Mystogen.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen