AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 08:01   Link #521
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's no reason why the translator needs to follow the volumes in chronological order though

Since the Anime would already cover vol 3, and it'll be months before we'll get to see vol 4, it would be wise to skip straight to vol 4 after finishing vol 1 imo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:14   Link #522
s07195
However,

So being uninformed about volume 4, now that an anime-original character has been confirmed for Michi Random, where do you guys think he will fit into the story? Perhaps as the person who sabotages the club? (Heard this from somewhere before)
Old 2012-09-04, 09:20   Link #523
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's going to be an Anime-Original character 0_0 ?
Old 2012-09-04, 10:37   Link #524
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's no reason why the translator needs to follow the volumes in chronological order though

Since the Anime would already cover vol 3, and it'll be months before we'll get to see vol 4, it would be wise to skip straight to vol 4 after finishing vol 1 imo
We want Dereban though so only skip vol 2 and head straight to 3 :9
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:10   Link #525
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I was just re-reading Volume 2, and I get the feeling that episode 10 is going to be another rushjob. Imo, episodes 7, 8, and 9 should have been compressed into two episodes, leaving two more for the remaining material we haven't covered yet. I don't really see how they can devote sufficient time to the

Spoiler:

without making it feel rushed.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:16   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I was just re-reading Volume 2, and I get the feeling that episode 10 is going to be another rushjob. Imo, episodes 7, 8, and 9 should have been compressed into two episodes, leaving two more for the remaining material we haven't covered yet. I don't really see how they can devote sufficient time to the

Spoiler:

without making it feel rushed.
Actually in my head I had picture the last episode of this arc to be Chapter 7 and 8 together. It's going to be similar to episode 5.

Either way, they only need to get two things right for it to be a success; Inaba-Iori scene and Inaba's confession scene- everything early on is mostly build up and monologues anyway.

And the epilogue is easily ignored or just squeezed into the ending, not much there as well.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:23   Link #527
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

volume .. well next volume title is up, アスランドム 上, look like it will be a split volume.

BTW does アスランドム mean "random future" ? アス from 明日 ?
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:36   Link #528
s07195
However,

Quote:
There's going to be an Anime-Original character 0_0 ?
From what I've read in the bullying incident thread, (according to the latest official apology) basically the whole thing was a plan to introduce an anime-original character voiced by Ichiki, but initially misleading the audience into thinking that Ichiki was only in charge of the PR.

So yeah, an anime-original character in the fourth arc. Whether he fits into the story convincingly will prove, for a lot of people, whether this is just a copout apology or the real deal. That's why I was asking how this character might fit into the story, as I am not familiar with it other than the 'suki suki suki suki' part posted in the forum (I try to support the official translations so rarely check the internet translated ones).

Though, as up to novel 3 the story is focused on the pentagon, it'll be really unnatural to introduce a character only for the fourth arc of the anime, so I have a bad feeling that it'll feel like a copout no matter what. Hopefully the character is implemented convincingly (even if it's most likely a sub-character).

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
volume .. well next volume title is up, アスランドム 上, look like it will be a split volume.

BTW does アスランドム mean "random future" ? アス from 明日 ?
I think 'Random future' would be Yochi random (予知) which is the PSP game. Any other character interpretations?
Old 2012-09-05, 11:59   Link #529
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I think 'Random future' would be Yochi random (予知) which is the PSP game. Any other character interpretations?
明日  mean "tomorrow", it can be either read as ashita or asu , but random tomorrow could a little bit weird and japanese usually refer to tomorrow as future.

予知 - from the dictionary mean precognition or forecast
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:10   Link #530
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Well, personal I think that the translators shouldn't skip anything and we should be patient for continuation of the story after the anime ends when they finally get to it.
Old 2012-09-08, 02:47   Link #531
yu3

Any news about the final volume?
Spoiler:
yu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:30   Link #532
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
So Kizu random seems to over fo the anime. As for the next arc:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-08, 15:32   Link #533
Sumeragi
Banned

Lolis and Shotas. Enough said.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:34   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
So Kizu random seems to over fo the anime. As for the next arc:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And just between us illuminated ones, did anybody else felt something off with the presentation of this episode ? Or am I just tripping again...?
Old 2012-09-08, 15:38   Link #535
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Spoiler:

And just between us illuminated ones, did anybody else felt something off with the presentation of this episode ? Or am I just tripping again...?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-08, 15:43   Link #536
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll be watching the newest episode soon.

That being said, about Kako Random:

Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2012-09-08, 15:50   Link #537
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll be watching the newest episode soon.
Ahh, take your time, sorry if I unintentionally made you wary of it
Old 2012-09-08, 15:51   Link #538
Sumeragi
Banned

It was on the schedule for today. Was finishing up some other things before that.

For people's enjoyment: Summary of Kako Random by Lantern
Old 2012-09-08, 18:28   Link #539
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I'm with you on this one. Something feels slightly off to me.
If I have to point it out, much of the dialogue for the Iori/Inaban confrontation scene as well as the confession scene felt slightly rushed for me due to the necessary lack of inner dialogues, hence the timing (not enough pauses to hint inner struggle), something that cannot be helped in an anime adaptation.

I also felt Toyosaki's voice during Iori's shouting was slightly... off. Not enough of a... burst? But that's just personal preference and she still did a fabulous job (just not perfect for me.) I take that back, I got used to it now

We're also missing an off-screen description of Iori/Inaban's conversation of Iori telling Inaban to confess while the latter admits that she was proud to be Iori's friend etc. This is my biggest complaint.

And I missed some of Inaban's mischievous details they had to cut out due to budget and time constraint during the confession scene.

But whatever, I've refilled my much needed "Inaban factor" gauge this week so I'm a happy panda.

I'll also give them credit for showing Iori's blank stare (not Heartseed's version), a strong hint of her carefully considering "what would 'Nagase Iori' do in situations like this?" and acting out all those words to cover her "blank" personality. Michi Rand foreshadowing.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-08 at 21:34.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:46   Link #540
Sumeragi
Banned

As an enlightened unilluminated one, I find the episode okay. Perhaps once I actually read the novel I might have a different opinion, but within the "limited" knowledge that I have this was a pretty well-done episode.

Tags
romance, shounen