AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-06, 19:20   Link #1
deaconfry
haseo the pk

Send a message via MSN to deaconfry
naruto trading card game

what do you think of the naruto trading card game and if you have a deck what type do you have i have a chuunin water/thunder deck
deaconfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 19:48   Link #2
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
I think its crap and hope it burns in hell , personally because I have no intention what so ever to see Naruto get turned in to another Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, (Sabaku Kyu) and become a franchises used to brainwash kids into buying video games, cards, and action figures. But lately it seems to be going that way with the fillers / Anime are.
Old 2006-11-06, 19:54   Link #3
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

I think the Naruto card game is misunderstood like Pokemon Trading Card game.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 20:01   Link #4
deaconfry
haseo the pk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
I think the Naruto card game is misunderstood like Pokemon Trading Card game.
your right it is misuderstood sort of like magic the gathering or like you said pokemon
Old 2006-11-06, 22:29   Link #5
Hir0

The game needs strat lol

I reckon the game is alrite
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 22:54   Link #6
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

omg theres a training card game now? -_-
Old 2006-11-06, 22:58   Link #7
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Do they have cards of mi hubby?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 00:21   Link #8
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Do they have cards of mi hubby?
Heh, yea he’s there ;p.

In any case, my curiosity took the best of me and I just had to go check out the card game rule, wise of course. It does not seem to bad, but its really the same age old card game with a twist. Those of you (like my self) that have at one point played Magic the Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh, or still play will have a easy time understanding the rules. It's not too complicated, there is definitely strategy involved, and I would say its worth playing.

http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/game.php

Go there and check it out, they have a online flash tutorial of a simulated game between Kakashi vs Naruto. Its pretty good, you will get some good pointers and understand the game easily.

I guess I would not mind taking this up, as I did use to play Magic The Gathering, and Yu-Gi-Oh at one point, but one of the biggest reasons I stopped was because of lack of players. Living in Brooklyn New York its not exactly an easy to find people who still play these games, so I don’t know exactly how many people will get in to this around here, especially anyone my age , but as far as it goes if it were not for that I would probably consider taking this up.

The only "flaw" I found with this game is, well it may not be a flaw it maybe. It's just something I noticed. Now you wont understand what I'm talking about unless you understand the rules clearly, but I'm talking about the Turn Marker, it seems the person who wins the Rock, Paper, Scissors game and decides he/she will go first. They have a serious amount of advantages. Here are the examples,

Turn Mark 0 Both Players
Player A only has Ninja Cards with a Turn Mark of 1. So Player A ends his turn (Add 1 Turn Mark)
Player B only has Ninja Cards with a Turn Mark of 1. So Player B ends his turn (Add 1 Turn Mark)

Turn Mark 1 Both Players
Player A Deploys a Ninja At the Cost of 1 Turn Mark, Forms a Team, Sends A Team Out to attack receives 1 Battle Reward. Then ends turn.
(Add 1 Turn Mark Now total is 2)
Player B Deploys a Ninja At the Cost of 1 Turn Mark, Forms a Team, Sends A Team Out to attack, Player A sends a team out to block. Battle ends in a Draw. Turn Ends

Turn Mark 2 Both Players
Player A Now can Deploy Ninja's With a Turn Mark Cost of 2 Who have Higher Way Higher Combat and Support points Then Ninjas with Turn Mark Cost of 1.

Now please notice that is a very crude example, there are MANY other ways this can go, the advantage can come in any time either with a 2 Turn Marker, 3 Turn Marker, even 1 Turn Marker. Many situations and it can play out in Many ways.

Ok, that’s basically the advantage I'm talking about, is the fact that each time the player who won Rock, Papers, Scissors and decides to go first, always has the advantage of Deploying a Ninja that’s 1 Turn Mark higher and Attack with it, before the opposing player can do the same thing on their turn. Not only Attack with it, but then he can block with that Ninja once the other player does the same thing and Deploys a Ninja with the cost of the same Turn Mark.

Basically, sure you get to do the same thing I do, but I get to do it first, giving me Battle Reward points, also when you get to do the same thing I just did, I already have my Turn Mark 2 Ninja out, so I have the choice of blocking, and not losing any Battle Rewards.

Of course these are just my speculations, there are Jutsu cards, mission cards which can alter the situation and cause the Deployed Ninja of Player A to die, but Player A will always have that ONE extra Turn Mark, and always be able to use it before Player B, and then be able to do something when Player B can use it.

But yea, hope that was not too confusing that is all. In my opinion that’s a HUGE flaw, unless the creators of the game intended it to be this way, because wining the Rock Paper Scissors and deciding to go first, gives that player a HUGE advantage through out the whole game. Of course as the game progresses this Advantage will slowly dissapear due to the fact that after 5-10 turn's both players have enough Turn mark's to depoly any ninja of nearly any mark. BUT to a player who knows how to utilize this and creates a deck in that way, that player can grab a bunch of Battle Rewards right off the bat.

Last but not least, I would like to say the Card's have great pictures, and even Ninja's like little Hanabi (SO CUTE)

The Fourth Hokage, Jiraiya, Gaara almost anyone you can think of, including clients from the Anime. Also some have seriously funny descriptions.

Example:

Read the Description... Lmao... Notice now it says NOT GENIN (Jiraiya is not a lolicon) w~~

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2006-11-07 at 01:07.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 01:18   Link #9
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Heh, yea he’s there ;p.

In any case, my curiosity took the best of me and I just had to go check out the card game rule, wise of course. It does not seem to bad, but its really the same age old card game with a twist. Those of you (like my self) that have at one point played Magic the Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh, or still play will have a easy time understanding the rules. It's not too complicated, there is definitely strategy involved, and I would say its worth playing.

http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/game.php

Go there and check it out, they have a online flash tutorial of a simulated game between Kakashi vs Naruto. Its pretty good, you will get some good pointers and understand the game easily.

I guess I would not mind taking this up, as I did use to play Magic The Gathering, and Yu-Gi-Oh at one point, but one of the biggest reasons I stopped was because of lack of players. Living in Brooklyn New York its not exactly an easy to find people who still play these games, so I don’t know exactly how many people will get in to this around here, especially anyone my age , but as far as it goes if it were not for that I would probably consider taking this up.

The only "flaw" I found with this game is, well it may not be a flaw it maybe. It's just something I noticed. Now you wont understand what I'm talking about unless you understand the rules clearly, but I'm talking about the Turn Marker, it seems the person who wins the Rock, Paper, Scissors game and decides he/she will go first. They have a serious amount of advantages. Here are the examples,

Turn Mark 0 Both Players
Player A only has Ninja Cards with a Turn Mark of 1. So Player A ends his turn (Add 1 Turn Mark)
Player B only has Ninja Cards with a Turn Mark of 1. So Player B ends his turn (Add 1 Turn Mark)

Turn Mark 1 Both Players
Player A Deploys a Ninja At the Cost of 1 Turn Mark, Forms a Team, Sends A Team Out to attack receives 1 Battle Reward. Then ends turn.
Player B Deploys a Ninja At the Cost of 1 Turn Mark, Forms a Team, Sends A Team Out to attack, Player A sends a team out to block. Battle ends in a Draw. Turn Ends

Turn Mark 2 Both Players
Player A Now can Deploy Ninja's With a Turn Mark Cost of 2 Who have Higher Way Higher Combat and Support points Then Ninjas with Turn Mark Cost of 1.

Now please notice that is a very crude example, there are MANY other ways this can go, the advantage can come in any time either with a 2 Turn Marker, 3 Turn Marker, even 1 Turn Marker. Many situations and it can play out in Many ways.

Ok, that’s basically the advantage I'm talking about, is the fact that each time the player who won Rock, Papers, Scissors and decides to go first, always has the advantage of Deploying a Ninja that’s 1 Turn Mark higher and Attack with it, before the opposing player can do the same thing on their turn. Not only Attack with it, but then he can block with that Ninja once the other player does the same thing and Deploys a Ninja with the cost of the same Turn Mark.

Basically, sure you get to do the same thing I do, but I get to do it first, giving me Battle Reward points, also when you get to do the same thing I just did, I already have my Turn Mark 2 Ninja out, so I have the choice of blocking, and not losing any Battle Rewards.

Of course these are just my speculations, there are Jutsu cards, mission cards which can alter the situation and cause the Deployed Ninja of Player A to die, but Player A will always have that ONE extra Turn Mark, and always be able to use it before Player B, and then be able to do something when Player B can use it.

But yea, hope that was not too confusing that is all. In my opinion that’s a HUGE flaw, unless the creators of the game intended it to be this way, because wining the Rock Paper Scissors and deciding to go first, gives that player a HUGE advantage through out the whole game. Of course as the game progresses this Advantage will slowly dissapear due to the fact that after 5-10 turn's both players have enough Turn mark's to depoly any ninja of nearly any mark. BUT to a player who knows how to utilize this and creates a deck in that way, that player can grab a bunch of Battle Rewards right off the bat.

Last but not least, I would like to say the Card's have great pictures, and even Ninja's like little Hanabi (SO CUTE)

The Fourth Hokage, Jiraiya, Gaara almost anyone you can think of, including clients from the Anime. Also some have seriously funny descriptions.

Example:

Read the Description... Lmao... Notice now it says NOT GENIN (Jiraiya is not a lolicon) w~~
WOW, So long and complicated . I tried to keep clicking to get to end of it i did it for like 2 min and still didnt end. The tutorial is preaty long .
Old 2006-11-07, 01:28   Link #10
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0
Heh, yea he’s there ;p.
Oh yay^^! could you post a pic of a card of him? or haven't you seen any?
Old 2006-11-07, 01:46   Link #11
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Oh yay^^! could you post a pic of a card of him? or haven't you seen any?
Lol sure, I'm still laughing at the Jiraiya Card.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
WOW, So long and complicated . I tried to keep clicking to get to end of it i did it for like 2 min and still didnt end. The tutorial is preaty long .
Haha, yea sort of ^^; It's not too bad, as I said people who have experience with Magic The Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh will pick up on it pretty quick, the stuff I typed up in my previous post, pretty much explains what I think of the game and a Semi-Flaw that I found (Maybe a flaw, just speculations).
Old 2006-11-07, 01:54   Link #12
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Oo *-* pretty ^^. Thanks alot for posting em.
Old 2006-11-07, 12:02   Link #13
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Im very big on card games, having played Magic the Gathering since i was 15. I tried pokemon/digimon, which are massively watered down/simplistic versions of that one, granted its for kids though. I figure Naruto is similiar to pokemon/digimon, so i havnt bothered touching it. I dont want to see my fav anime molested by a bad game =p. Getting a random advantage through paper rock scissors makes the game sound less skill and more random.

I started playing WoW the card game anyways, its very well created, and quite addicting thus far.

Last edited by Dauthi; 2006-11-07 at 12:18.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:37   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

meh, this game isn't able to grab me like Magic and DBZ
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:20   Link #15
deaconfry
haseo the pk

with this game what is your best card mine is fourth hokage
Old 2006-11-07, 19:37   Link #16
deaconfry
haseo the pk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
meh, this game isn't able to grab me like Magic and DBZ
your right it hasnt been able to grab me like magic im a pro at it i go to competitions and stuff but i still play naruto competitions because they are easier

Last edited by deaconfry; 2006-11-08 at 17:34.