Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 22:12   Link #10841
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Oh don't worry I know, I know. My college dorm was a huge mess with the anime products. I reached that critical mass years ago. When I had to ship the stuff back home the shipping on my anime stuff alone was 400 dollars.

That explanation actually makes enormous sense. Paying for the experience. I never really thought about it that way. Now I know I can blame it on you when I decide to burn money on wot.
Yikes. Makes me glad my move was within driving distance. I still have stuff I never unpacked and it has been over 3 years since. Don't even want to imagine what my shipping would have been.

Glad I was able to....help? Be gentle.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:30   Link #10842
Sumeragi
Banned

Achiuakuna-chan, you can ask Onee-sama for gifts.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:42   Link #10843
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Achiuakuna-chan, you can ask Onee-sama for gifts.
Kyaaa~

You have done plenty already And I am always thankful. I'll try to not overstay my welcome, onee-sama
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:47   Link #10844
Sumeragi
Banned

Mind you, I can only give as much as my beloved allows me to

Still, I should be able to shell out a bit
Old 2013-11-28, 00:28   Link #10845
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

So close to getting my kt very excited such a sexy looking tank.. Anyone have tips for playing it? I'm coming from the panther
GirlsScareMeOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:48   Link #10846
Pen3

Nothing but shitty teams all day for me...

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 05:22   Link #10847
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I've seen a lot of horrible players, obnoxious players, and stupid players on my teams, but I rarely get to see someone as much of a massive scumbag as this guy.

Basically, our team was winning and there was only one enemy left. Our arty had 5 kills and was asking if he could kill the last enemy (the T26E4). I shot the T26E4 once and was reloading to finish him off, but I was team killed by the T-34-3 on my team (his name is Stelek), who thought it would be "nice and courteous" to break the cardinal rules just to give someone Top Gun.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Link to replay.

Just reporting this douche wasn't enough for me. I reported him ingame, but I also sent a personalized complaint ticket straight to WG with a description of the event along with screencaps and an upload of the replay. Maybe I'll even contact his clan commander sometime about this. I want this piece of trash to get as much punishment as possible, and preferably removed from the game.

I don't "steal kills", I just do as much damage and take as many kills I can get. It's called playing fair. If you can't get Top Gun before me, it's your own damn fault for not hitting them first, and you really don't deserve that virtual medal.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:49   Link #10848
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I've seen a lot of horrible players, obnoxious players, and stupid players on my teams, but I rarely get to see someone as much of a massive scumbag as this guy.

Basically, our team was winning and there was only one enemy left. Our arty had 5 kills and was asking if he could kill the last enemy (the T26E4). I shot the T26E4 once and was reloading to finish him off, but I was team killed by the T-34-3 on my team (his name is Stelek), who thought it would be "nice and courteous" to break the cardinal rules just to give someone Top Gun.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Link to replay.

Just reporting this douche wasn't enough for me. I reported him ingame, but I also sent a personalized complaint ticket straight to WG with a description of the event along with screencaps and an upload of the replay. Maybe I'll even contact his clan commander sometime about this. I want this piece of trash to get as much punishment as possible, and preferably removed from the game.

I don't "steal kills", I just do as much damage and take as many kills I can get. It's called playing fair. If you can't get Top Gun before me, it's your own damn fault for not hitting them first, and you really don't deserve that virtual medal.
SEA is worse. Many reds everyWHERE, unicums are rare breed lol.

Well I`m near yellow
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 09:05   Link #10849
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsScareMeOK View Post
So close to getting my kt very excited such a sexy looking tank.. Anyone have tips for playing it? I'm coming from the panther
KT is amazing. It's very solid and dependable with very no real exploitable weaknesses. What you see is what you get. It's a decent all rounder for its tier and class. It's a bit slow (IIRC) but the gun is dependable and quite fantastic (all of them), it's armor is decent if you hide the lower plate.

It's better used as a defensive tank that holds the line rather than lead a charge. Never lead a charge in a KT unless you have plenty of cover to hide your lower plate. Even your upper plate is not invincible, but the KT is where you really need to learn to angle your tank. Keep your enemies far away so they can't hit your weak spots but you can still pick them off.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 09:55   Link #10850
Newhope

KT is garbage no armor what so ever, pure camping tank.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 10:15   Link #10851
Sumeragi
Banned

I would say you're not adapting yourself to the panzer, but imposing your own thoughts. Not the way to do things.
Old 2013-11-28, 10:50   Link #10852
Newhope

If I wanted to camp I'd play a TD.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 11:03   Link #10853
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

You're not listening to what Sume is telling you. She knows her King Tigers and she can handle them quite well, and she isn't a camper.
Old 2013-11-28, 11:20   Link #10854
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I have not played the KT so I can't comment, but stat wise compare to its peers, which, other than IS-3, is better?

as for armor, IS3 rule no question, but KT is pretty much the second best armored non-prem t8 heavy, Caernvaron is paper, KV4 is made of flat armor plate, T32 only hard on its turret, and lol french "heavy".

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-11-28 at 11:42.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 11:30   Link #10855
Gravitas Free Zone

I used the KT for 209 games and came out at 51.67%, though that was entirely before the engine/terrain resistance changes in 8.8. I played it mostly middle distance, since I never felt it was fast enough back then and preferred to not get too close unless I was top tier. If you do get close, you have to wiggle and angle.

Noobmeter Tier 8 HT figures of late:

But yeah, if you want to get close and punch people in the face, you need an IS-3 or IS-6, which have their weak spots (top of turret is paper, don't facehug something tall with a good gun dep) but overall can survive the charge long enough to overcome their longer aim time and average accuracy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 13:34   Link #10856
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I have not played the KT so I can't comment, but stat wise compare to its peers, which, other than IS-3, is better?

as for armor, IS3 rule no question, but KT is pretty much the second best armored non-prem t8 heavy, Caernvaron is paper, KV4 is made of flat armor plate, T32 only hard on its turret, and lol french "heavy".
KT is the generalist of the heavies at tier 8. It's not the fastest, most armored, nor with the most firepower or accuracy, but it's "good enough in a pinch" in every category except speed, really. It's downsides (awful lower plate, frontal transmission, lolcamo) are attributes you can work around or minimize and it's got plenty of strengths you can use to your advantage.

The way I see playing a generalist tank is to identify the weakneses of the tanks you are fighting and use your lack of disadvantage as leverage against him.

Fight IS-3? Use your accuracy against his lower plate and your better gun depression. Avoid brawling.

Fight T32? Keep at a long distance so even his APCR will have trouble against your upper plate and turret. T32 cannot snipe well and his regular AP is lol.

Caernarvon? Be the IS-3 against him. Caernarvon is like a KT but even more extreme. Better sniping gun, better accuracy, better upper plate. Weaker lower plate, weaker alpha damage, fatter, worse side armor. You can probably force him to brawl, since he's even worse than you are in close quarters. Caernarvon only has strong armor in one direction, and paper everywhere else.

KV-4? Snipe him to pieces. He's even fatter and slower than you.

Etc. KT is, I think, a good preparation for E-75. While not particularly amazing by itself, high tier German tanks require that you know who you are fighting, what their weaknesses are, and require you exploit them. They are not a club you use to hammer every nail. You need the right tool and tactic for the job.

Of course this applies for all tanks but when I used the KT I really thought it teaches that well.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:15   Link #10857
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
T32 only hard on its turret
This alone is more than enough.

If you're only hard on the turret and can expose it by itself more than the majority of the time(with the -10 gun depression), weak hull is irrelevant. Also, paper stats isn't everything. T32's hull can still give surprising bounces like soviet tanks do(it's not even a bit like the T29 hull), if you angle awkwardly.

If Tiger II could hide its lower plate/huge hull the MAJORITY of the time, I would rate it higher than the T32. But no.

There are simply not enough flat city maps in this game to make T32 cry.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 14:27   Link #10858
Gravitas Free Zone

When we did that first Team Battle and we hadn't gone full IS-3 yet, I would have had a Steel Wall (except it was a Team Battle and they don't give those out) when we reached the enemy base (Lakeville) and my T32's hull was simply hidden below the relatively gradual slope in the terrain. Those IS-6s and IS-3 were just bouncing off of the turret and mantlet.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:58   Link #10859
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
This alone is more than enough.

If you're only hard on the turret and can expose it by itself more than the majority of the time(with the -10 gun depression), weak hull is irrelevant. Also, paper stats isn't everything. T32's hull can still give surprising bounces like soviet tanks do(it's not even a bit like the T29 hull), if you angle awkwardly.

If Tiger II could hide its lower plate/huge hull the MAJORITY of the time, I would rate it higher than the T32. But no.

There are simply not enough flat city maps in this game to make T32 cry.
The hatches on the T32 are actually weak now. They're not invincibleium like they used to be, and the gun of the T32 is not exactly amazing. T32's been nerfed so many times the turret is really all it has left.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:10   Link #10860
Gravitas Free Zone

So far grinding the AT 8 to the AT 7 has been much more straightforward than grinding the SU-100 to the SU-152. Still too slow to do a lot of things, but enough ROF with enough armor behind it to bully things.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks