Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 20:43   Link #2501
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Does this sort thing actually happen in Japan?
There are times when a husband can take a wifes name to ensure the continuation of that particular family name. For instance of a noble family only had a daughter the husband could take her name and become the next head, so that the family's status would continue.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 01:21   Link #2502
unameit

When a shinigami and quincy having sex, they lost power because it's some sort of a taboo.. well, i see that coming lol..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 02:39   Link #2503
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Ichigo is the offspring of a necrophiliac relationship
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 04:13   Link #2504
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Does this sort thing actually happen in Japan?
Yes, if the family needs the line to continue or they have a better reputation. One of my coworkers' brothers took his wife's family name. The cultural connotation is that he was "adopted" into the family because they had no sons. My coworker was kinda pissed about it, but whatever.

On to the chapter. I hope your sarcasm meters are on... Masaki was a QUINCY?! Most shocking reveal in Bleach history!

Confirmation that the Kurosaki name came from Masaki almost confirms now that Isshin was a member of zero squad at one point in time.

Can't say I'm looking forward to Ichigo exploring his Quincy side. I could care less about reading a training arc right now.
Old 2013-03-02, 07:58   Link #2505
askara

So far Ichigo power is part hollow,part shinigami, part quincy, part Fullbringer part arrancar/vizard. that dude has potential lol
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:09   Link #2506
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Ichigo is the offspring of a necrophiliac relationship
well...he does like Rukia
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 08:07   Link #2507
Kitsueki
会津

For the guys complaining that sacrificing Unohana for a better Kenpachi is a stupid move, consider this.

In Bleach, numbers do not equal power. A single strong man is much more useful than a group of relatively strong men. Why? That's just how Bleach powers work out. It's not like in real life where Unohana and Kenpachi could team up and close the skill and power difference. The fact is, this new powered up Kenpachi is much stronger than Unohana, despite how strong she was.

Therefore, he is the better asset.
Kitsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 11:22   Link #2508
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsueki View Post
For the guys complaining that sacrificing Unohana for a better Kenpachi is a stupid move, consider this.

In Bleach, numbers do not equal power. A single strong man is much more useful than a group of relatively strong men. Why? That's just how Bleach powers work out. It's not like in real life where Unohana and Kenpachi could team up and close the skill and power difference.
Bleach has never JUST been about power levels. In fact, contrary to your claim, Kubo's one of the only shounen authors I've personally seen who loves to use match-ups, team-ups, circumstances, and skill sets to either level the playing field for a bit or to even bring some "real life" outcomes to battles *at times* (which admittedly is not to say it happens ALL the time).

For instance,
Spoiler for just to save some page space.:

There's other examples I'm sure I can bring up, but it would just get redundant. The point is, even if Kenpachi really is the new strongest Captain, it doesn't make Unohana's sacrifice any smarter of a move. As the best healer, the second strongest and the most experienced Captain left, there's just some things she brings to the Gotei 13 that Kenpachi will never be able to duplicate, no matter how strong he is. And as battles in Bleach have proven, you never know when a battle will require more than just a higher power level to determine an outcome.

Quote:
The fact is, this new powered up Kenpachi is much stronger than Unohana, despite how strong she was.

I still don't think it was a smart move to sacrifice the best healer, kido user, second strongest, and arguably the most versatile captain remaining among the Gotei 13. Especially since there's no compelling reason for why Shunsui couldn't have waited a little bit to get Orihime on standby to deal with the aftermath.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-03-03 at 12:20.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:34   Link #2509
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:

In Bleach, numbers do not equal power. A single strong man is much more useful than a group of relatively strong men. Why? That's just how Bleach powers work out. It's not like in real life where Unohana and Kenpachi could team up and close the skill and power difference. The fact is, this new powered up Kenpachi is much stronger than Unohana, despite how strong she was.

How does it make any fucking sense to sacrifice your best healer? If it weren't for Uno, I seriously doubt Rukia, Renji, Kenny or any of the captains would even be alive after what just happened with the VR.

Everyone knows it's all about who's popular; why do you think Kubo chickened out on killing off Byakuya? And don't give me that 'well, people have had worse injuries' which is true....but they also didn't get set up for what was supposedly a final goodbye THREE times.

Kenny's super popular and has fanboys. Uno, while popular in her own right, doesn't have the fanservice that Matsumoto, Orihime or even Yoruichi have. Rukia's the female MC, so no matter how much Kubo destroys her, she ain't going anywhere...

I"m sure Kubo will wind up having the shinigami win this round...and who knows...it might turn out that Uno gets revived somehow and that her 'death' is more symbolic of her turn as a Kenpachi...which would make a helluva lot more sense...but in the end, it's all about who's popular and who isn't.

And big tits.
Old 2013-03-03, 13:12   Link #2510
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Especially since there's no compelling reason for why Shunsui couldn't have waited a little bit to get Orihime on standby to deal with the aftermath.
of course there is a compelling reason. SS is run by idiots. it always has been and always will be. i dont think there is 1 instance yet where SS has made a logical decision about anything. i dont think kubo did this intentionally, but at least he is keeping it real and not making SS smart all of a sudden
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:34   Link #2511
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
of course there is a compelling reason. SS is run by idiots. it always has been and always will be. i dont think there is 1 instance yet where SS has made a logical decision about anything. i dont think kubo did this intentionally, but at least he is keeping it real and not making SS smart all of a sudden
I think I'm too vexed to appreciate the humor here. Sorry. Unohana was probably my most favorite shounen female character in quite some time. So I'm feeling pretty bitter right now.
Old 2013-03-03, 14:45   Link #2512
Eragon
Still Alive

Kubo was probably pissed at his wife when he wrote the chapter >_>
Old 2013-03-03, 15:16   Link #2513
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Maybe it's me....but damn does the SS seem even more idiotic so far this arc.

Congratulations Shunsui....you've failed as CC already by sending Uno to be trollkilled. Unless Kubo intends on FINALLY making Orihime the powerhouse she's been hinted all along to be.

Maybe since we're actually going into Isshin's arc, maybe Kubo will remember that a couple of good Quincies already existed since the beginning....
Old 2013-03-03, 15:40   Link #2514
itachi-san314

Quote:
I think I'm too vexed to appreciate the humor here. Sorry. Unohana was probably my most favorite shounen female character in quite some time. So I'm feeling pretty bitter right now.
heh sorry. it's a mixture of truth and humor since SS really has made a lot of stupid decisions. more than i want to list. but this in particular is surely one of them. they use inoue only when kubo needs it for whatever story he has in mind. their actions are not dictated by intelligence or logic, merely whatever the future plot holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Maybe it's me....but damn does the SS seem even more idiotic so far this arc.
yes. since aizen mind raped them, they have been getting progressively dumber

Quote:
Congratulations Shunsui....you've failed as CC already by sending Uno to be trollkilled. Unless Kubo intends on FINALLY making Orihime the powerhouse she's been hinted all along to be.
doubtful. her and chad had their chance in the fullbring arc, but it was more of the same nothingness
Old 2013-03-03, 16:03   Link #2515
Kitsueki
会津

Quote:
Bleach has never JUST been about power levels. In fact, contrary to your claim, Kubo's one of the only shounen authors I've personally seen who loves to use match-ups, team-ups, circumstances, and skill sets to either level the playing field for a bit or to even bring some "real life" outcomes to battles *at times* (which admittedly is not to say it happens ALL the time).

For instance, -snip-

There's other examples I'm sure I can bring up, but it would just get redundant. The point is, even if Kenpachi really is the new strongest Captain, it doesn't make Unohana's sacrifice any smarter of a move. As the best healer, the second strongest and the most experienced Captain left, there's just some things she brings to the Gotei 13 that Kenpachi will never be able to duplicate, no matter how strong he is. And as battles in Bleach have proven, you never know when a battle will require more than just a higher power level to determine an outcome.

I still don't think it was a smart move to sacrifice the best healer, kido user, second strongest, and arguably the most versatile captain remaining among the Gotei 13. Especially since there's no compelling reason for why Shunsui couldn't have waited a little bit to get Orihime on standby to deal with the aftermath.
In current bleach, its more power based. When Aizen lost, it was due to a sheer power difference (coupled with a trick with kidou, due to immortality), and now with the Vandenreich, power is becoming all that much more important. The story isn't driven by power, and most fights are as you say. Just.. not the -big- fights, the boss fights. I don't think Unohana brings anything special to the table other than healing abilities, which make up for the power difference. Even if she is the best healer, there's an entire squad of medics, I don't think the full brunt of her ability was -lost-.

Kenpachi hasn't revealed his full power, and yet he killed her, while she was in bankai. We know that..

A) He's apparently back to the same power as a kid, that Unohana could not defeat.

B) Going along with it, he just learned his zanpakutou's name.

Its safe to assume he's even stronger than Unohana remembers him, I believe. Some people say things like, "Wow what a dumb move.", but I disagree

Of course, I liked Unohana as a character, so I wouldn't mind her sticking around.

Quote:
How does it make any fucking sense to sacrifice your best healer? If it weren't for Uno, I seriously doubt Rukia, Renji, Kenny or any of the captains would even be alive after what just happened with the VR.

Everyone knows it's all about who's popular; why do you think Kubo chickened out on killing off Byakuya? And don't give me that 'well, people have had worse injuries' which is true....but they also didn't get set up for what was supposedly a final goodbye THREE times.

Kenny's super popular and has fanboys. Uno, while popular in her own right, doesn't have the fanservice that Matsumoto, Orihime or even Yoruichi have. Rukia's the female MC, so no matter how much Kubo destroys her, she ain't going anywhere...

I"m sure Kubo will wind up having the shinigami win this round...and who knows...it might turn out that Uno gets revived somehow and that her 'death' is more symbolic of her turn as a Kenpachi...which would make a helluva lot more sense...but in the end, it's all about who's popular and who isn't.

And big tits.
Eh, that popular crap doesn't have any place in a story really, thats Kubo's deal. I'm talking about Shunsui's decision to sacrifice Unohana, and unless he's more badass than we think I doubt he has any idea that's he's a manga character and who's popular on the outside world.

Unohana's healing can be replaced by the Squad 0 member.
Old 2013-03-03, 16:41   Link #2516
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Confirmation that the Kurosaki name came from Masaki almost confirms now that Isshin was a member of zero squad at one point in time.
Maybe I'm forgetting something but why can't he have just been a captain?
Old 2013-03-03, 17:19   Link #2517
sayde

Quote:
I don't think Unohana brings anything special to the table other than healing abilities, which make up for the power difference.
I disagree. At the very least, one can easily argue that she's a lot more valuable than most of the other captains in the Gotei 13. Besides, if healing were her only forte, she would've never been a kenpachi in the first place, nor would she have lived to serve as a Captain for as long she did. She's the best Kido user among the entire Gotei 13 as far as we know. So if there was anyone who didn't have to rely on a zanpakuto to fight the Quincies, it would probably be her. Combine that with the fact that she's got better swordskills and more experience than most other captains, and I'd say she had plenty more to bring to the table than just healing.

Quote:
Even if she is the best healer, there's an entire squad of medics, I don't think the full brunt of her ability was -lost-.
Except that there hasn't been a single healer who's been shown to pull off restorative feats that rival Orihime's other than Unohana. I mean, I dont think just anyone would've been able to keep Hiyori alive and mend her and Hitsugaya back together after they both got cut in two.

Quote:
Kenpachi hasn't revealed his full power, and yet he killed her, while she was in bankai. We know that..
He barely killed her...after he technically already lost countless times against her during their duel. In the end, we know that his full potential surpasses Unohana's. I'm not arguing that. But we're never told by how much. Whats more is that, the power he did achieve didn't appear to be so vastly superior to Unohana's to the point where it felt like it was worth killing her over.

I mean look at this way--they both admired each other because they could both push each other to their limits. Zaraki just happened to be the one who proved his ceiling for growth was always a little higher in the end. But its not like he ever seemed as if he was in a league of his own next to Unohana. I mean I could see if the battle ended with him growing so strong, that he was catching her sword with his bare hand or tanking all her strikes with his reiatsu alone, but it didn't happen. He barely won by the time Unohana acknowledged that he regained the strength he used to have.

So I really hope he learns some new OP tricks with shikai. And it better not just be a yellow version of Getsuga Tenshou with a different name.

Quote:
Some people say things like, "Wow what a dumb move.", but I disagree
But how exactly is it not a dumb move when a character like Orihime exists?
Quote:
Unohana's healing can be replaced by the Squad 0 member.
Those guys remain so secluded and separated from the events that go on, that I can't see Kirinji being an effective replacement for Unohana (unless he decides to go back to the Gotei 13).
Old 2013-03-03, 17:26   Link #2518
itachi-san314

Quote:
Those guys remain so secluded and separated from the events that go on, that I can't see Kirinji being an effective replacement for Unohana (unless he decides to go back to the Gotei 13).
gotta disagree here. gotei 13 aside, the zero squad will obviously be partaking in this war against the quincies and his healing skills will certainly replace unohana's in that regard. i assume his character is what gave kubo the ability to kill unohana in the first place. it's a direct replacement of the best healer we knew of, for a new, even more badass healer who trained her who we are just now meeting

Quote:
Why the hell is Chad even still around? Or even Ishida....notice how this is supposedly his arc but yet Kubo pretty much pulled the same shit that he pulled during what was supposedly Chad's arc? And I'm a big Ishida fan...
chad is beyond useless at this point, but i think ishida will have some time to shine and probably very soon. he most likely will help with ichigo's quincy training. of course, he will never be interesting because kubo lacks the writing talent to do it, but if ishida was going to be interesting, he needs to turn bad and join the shitritters

Quote:
It's so obvious that Kubo has no more use for them and even Orihime for that matter....but Hime's got big tits so Kubo will keep her arse around.
haha yes, they are her saving grace. i'm not exactly sure how rukia managed to stick around for so long without them
Old 2013-03-03, 17:27   Link #2519
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
heh sorry. it's a mixture of truth and humor since SS really has made a lot of stupid decisions. more than i want to list. but this in particular is surely one of them. they use inoue only when kubo needs it for whatever story he has in mind. their actions are not dictated by intelligence or logic, merely whatever the future plot holds.

yes. since aizen mind raped them, they have been getting progressively dumber

doubtful. her and chad had their chance in the fullbring arc, but it was more of the same nothingness
Why the hell is Chad even still around? Or even Ishida....notice how this is supposedly his arc but yet Kubo pretty much pulled the same shit that he pulled during what was supposedly Chad's arc? And I'm a big Ishida fan...

It's so obvious that Kubo has no more use for them and even Orihime for that matter....but Hime's got big tits so Kubo will keep her arse around.
Old 2013-03-03, 17:41   Link #2520
Kitsueki
会津

Quote:
I disagree. At the very least, one can easily argue that she's a lot more valuable than most of the other captains in the Gotei 13. Besides, if healing were her only forte, she would've never been a kenpachi in the first place, nor would she have lived to serve as a Captain for as long she did. She's the best Kido user among the entire Gotei 13 as far as we know. So if there was anyone who didn't have to rely on a zanpakuto to fight the Quincies, it would probably be her. Combine that with the fact that she's got better swordskills and more experience than most other captains, and I'd say she had plenty more to bring to the table than just healing.
I wasn't clear, but that's not what I meant. My point was, the loss in comparison wasn't as though she had a long list of things which made bringing out Kenpachi's real power not worth it. She has healing abilities, and kidou abilities. She is a great captain, yes, but it's not as though there was someone else capable of getting Kenpachi to where he is now.

She was the only person capable of removing the limit he placed on himself, and Kenpachi is vital to Seireitei's forces currently, he was the 1 guy who was able to kill the Sternritters in the invasion, despite some captains not contending (Unohana).

To me, it was a good move, because it had to be done. I'm not confident Unohana can beat Juha Bach, and thats likely where Shunsui's eye is currently, he wants Kenpachi to do it. That's what I believe at least

Quote:
He barely killed her...after he technically already lost countless times against her during their duel. In the end, we know that his full potential surpasses Unohana's. I'm not arguing that. But we're never told by how much. Whats more is that, the power he did achieve didn't appear to be so vastly superior to Unohana's to the point where it felt like it was worth killing her over.

I mean look at this way--they both admired each other because they could both push each other to their limits. Zaraki just happened to be the one who proved his ceiling for growth was always a little higher in the end. But its not like he ever seemed as if he was in a league of his own next to Unohana. I mean I could see if the battle ended with him growing so strong, that he was catching her sword with his bare hand or tanking all her strikes with his reiatsu alone, but it didn't happen. He barely won by the time Unohana acknowledged that he regained the strength he used to have.

So I really hope he learns some new OP tricks with shikai. And it better not just be a yellow version of Getsuga Tenshou with a different name.
She was getting him because he still had the limit placed. After looking at the chapters where he won, it seemed pretty clear to me that Kenpachi outmached her, maybe it's just perspective though.

Even if I'm wrong, and he was just a cut above her, the shikai alone -should- have powered him up so much that well, he's on a new level, lol.

Losing Unohana -is- a loss, but it was a necessary one for the benefits gained. I suppose we'll have to wait and see just how far Kenpachi goes with his new powers. Like you say though, I really hope it's interesting.

Tags
bleach, chapter