AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-19, 20:52   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Lucky Star - Requests for new threads

Since the Lucky Star forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Lucky Star thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-04-20, 07:20   Link #2
Kyaa the Catlord

How about a Lucky Star cross-reference thread where people post primarily what anime/manga/rangershow/cultural references are played with by the four horsemen?
Old 2007-04-20, 07:31   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'll definitely second the above suggestion, and would like to add a "favourite quotes" thread since as of episode 2 we've already had quite a bit of them.
Old 2007-04-20, 07:33   Link #4
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
I agree with the two above
Old 2007-04-20, 07:35   Link #5
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord View Post
How about a Lucky Star cross-reference thread where people post primarily what anime/manga/rangershow/cultural references are played with by the four horsemen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I'll definitely second the above suggestion, and would like to add a "favourite quotes" thread since as of episode 2 we've already had quite a bit of them.
I like the idea, but some guidance will be needed if it is ever going to be useful. A post would need to be updated so that the information is not scattered in a haphazard way.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-20, 07:57   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Favourite Quotes thread created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord View Post
I like the idea as it's most likely a topic that can be discussed. How about a more generic Cultural References in Lucky Star thread?

Or did you intend the thread to be more of a reference thread than a discussion thread?

Either way, any suggestions for what the first post should contain would be welcome (since this needs to define the purpose of the thread).
Old 2007-04-20, 12:20   Link #7
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems I'm the gamer here.

What about the games released on D.S. and others? They say it has math games them and in the games they used different voice actors the for the Lucky Star girls.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:11   Link #8
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Due to the Hare Hare Yukai madness, I'm expecting the same from Sailor Fuku! Motte Ike. In the general discussion thread new videos are starting to get posted, so I'd suggest, as a prevention, a thread dedicated to Sailor Fuku parodies

(If I remember correctly, there was a Hare Hare Yukai parodies thread in the SHnY subforum).

EDIT: For correction, the thread in the SHnY subforum was about music videos. So it'd make sense to have something like this in the Lucky Star subforum, this way, it'll cover more possibilities (other than OP parodies).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:54   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Favourite Quotes thread created.

I like the idea as it's most likely a topic that can be discussed. How about a more generic Cultural References in Lucky Star thread?

Or did you intend the thread to be more of a reference thread than a discussion thread?

Either way, any suggestions for what the first post should contain would be welcome (since this needs to define the purpose of the thread).
I'd like to second/third such a thread -- items like the archeological references Konata makes ("change getter" ,all her favorite old anime series themes from before she was born --- probably shown to her by her dad when she was little)

When Animaniacs! was on the air, I belonged to alt.tv.animaniacs where a group of us generated the Cultural Guide To Animaniacs (with the show's myriad cross-references. Some of the group even visited the show's staff and their episode "Please please pleese Get A Life" was generated from some of the nonsense (the third one is intentional just so someone would tag it).

Hopefully, it would also reduce the number of "false positives" (culture-wide bits that people mistake for being from a particular show) and such... so it wouldn't just be a reference ... obviously some people might dispute entries
Old 2007-04-22, 02:43   Link #10
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd like to second/third such a thread -- items like the archeological references Konata makes ("change getter" ,all her favorite old anime series themes from before she was born --- probably shown to her by her dad when she was little)

When Animaniacs! was on the air, I belonged to alt.tv.animaniacs where a group of us generated the Cultural Guide To Animaniacs (with the show's myriad cross-references. Some of the group even visited the show's staff and their episode "Please please pleese Get A Life" was generated from some of the nonsense (the third one is intentional just so someone would tag it).

Hopefully, it would also reduce the number of "false positives" (culture-wide bits that people mistake for being from a particular show) and such... so it wouldn't just be a reference ... obviously some people might dispute entries
I certainly wish for a reference thread. Perhaps someone, preferably thread creator or whoever can edit the content of posts, can compile all the references and sort them in spoiler tag by episode. That way, we can enlighten ourselves with reference gags that we may have not spotted when watching.

As for new references, members can contribute by posting it in same thread before being added to main post by the person in charge.
Old 2007-04-22, 09:58   Link #11
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Ep 3 has aired in Japan. Please set up a new thread for it.
Old 2007-04-27, 15:24   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Might I humbly request a separate image thread for all these Lucky (Insert Character or Series) pictures that are coming out. I think there are enough of them alone, that they can easily fill a good number of pages by the end of the shows run.

Maybe a Fanart Thread for paying tribute to the actual characters and then a Parody thread for pictures that are meant to pay tribute to the parodying nature of the series?
Old 2007-04-27, 16:07   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm hoping the "cut'n'paste" attack of the cross-series clone pics will die off after a few more days (week?). But if it doesn't, it might be a nice thought to separate parody pics into its own thread as Kaioshin suggests.

I keep browsing for more fan-art and alternative interpretation art.... little luck so far.
Old 2007-04-27, 17:17   Link #14
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

A problem I see with a second image thread is the confusion this could create among people around here.

At one point or another, several folks are bound to post pics in the wrong place, wich would kill the porpuse of the second thread all together.

Better to just ignore the pics you dont want see in the image thread IMHO.
Old 2007-04-27, 20:32   Link #15
Skane
Anime Snark

Besides... if you think searching for specific images is hard in the "LS Image Thread"... try sieving through the say... SHnY one, or the Rozen Maiden one.

The image thread for Lucky Star is small in comparison. It serves its purpose just fine.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-04, 15:02   Link #16
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't believe there is a need for another image thread, nor that there will be one anytime soon. The size of LS image thread isn't that big, and just because it is "hard" to find specific stuff isn't a good enough reason to create a new image thread for specific images. Take a look at Nanoha images thread for example - that thing is 9 times the size of LS image thread, and people manage just fine
Old 2007-05-07, 14:06   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

What about a character voting poll? Since the manga readers know all the characters and soon enough in the anime they will appear. So what about it? Only problem here are the non manga readers though...

Spoiler for cast of characters:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-05-07 at 14:10. Reason: added an image
Old 2007-05-07, 15:01   Link #18
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
What about a character voting poll? Since the manga readers know all the characters and soon enough in the anime they will appear. So what about it? Only problem here are the non manga readers though...
I am sure there will be one...... eventually.

A little too soon now though.
Old 2007-05-07, 15:08   Link #19
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am sure there will be one...... eventually.

A little too soon now though.
Yup, agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
But don't worry, we will have a poll in a little while. And thanks for the image, it would be a good idea to include that as part of the first post to help remind us who is who

Does it contain all the major characters BTW?
Old 2007-05-07, 15:45   Link #20
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Yup, agree.

But don't worry, we will have a poll in a little while. And thanks for the image, it would be a good idea to include that as part of the first post to help remind us who is who

Does it contain all the major characters BTW?

Ah yes the images contain the major characters. There are only 2 missing the short black haired girl and the orange haired girl, I dunno their names since I've only read the 1st vol. manga scantalation. I'll edit this and put up their images here later.

EDIT: DONE!!!

Spoiler for Ayano&Misao:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-05-07 at 16:58. Reason: added the new upcomming girls of Lucky Star
Closed Thread