Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 00:52   Link #1821
Azenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Oh come on how many different ways are there to kill god?
I can't remember if god killing was their contract, but if it isn't, it could be that V.V and Charles believed that it was the best possible way to achieve their goal.

If "killing god" is their contract, then they could kill it with kindness

It's just that recently, in the sound episode, C.C mentioned how she didn't approve of Charles's method. The translations of that part is a couple pages back.

Edit: Just checked, it looks like killing god is all their contract is.
Old 2008-07-01, 00:57   Link #1822
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azenn View Post
I can't remember if god killing was their contract, but if it isn't, it could be that V.V and Charles believed that it was the best possible way to achieve their goal.

If "killing god" is their contract, then they could kill it with kindness

It's just that recently, in the sound episode, C.C mentioned how she didn't approve of Charles's method. The translations of that part is a couple pages back.
Okay seriously but then it falls into that same argument we get between Suzaku and Lelouch and how they have the same goals but different methods in achieving it.

In this case it's Lelouch and his Dad who will have the same goals but different methods in achieving it (With Lelouch's method probably parallaling Suzaku's slower methods).
Old 2008-07-01, 01:06   Link #1823
Azenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Okay seriously but then it falls into that same argument we get between Suzaku and Lelouch and how they have the same goals but different methods in achieving it.

In this case it's Lelouch and his Dad who will have the same goals but different methods in achieving it (With Lelouch's method probably parallaling Suzaku's slower methods).
Yeah it would, which kinda mirrors reality (gasp! CG pertaining to reality!)

It would also continue with the idea of how people with same goals walk such different paths. (The writing doesn't seem to highlight this between Suzaku and Lelouch in R2 anymore)
Old 2008-07-01, 01:13   Link #1824
Biskoff

Is it possible that the Sword of Akasha is some kind of altar or temple, where people like C.C. and V.V. are capable of dieing permanently?

For some reason, that idea makes sense to me. And could the "gods" be other people like C.C. and V.V. I think it's possible that Charles and V.V. plan on killing all the other immortals capable of giving Geass.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:18   Link #1825
Azenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskoff View Post
Is it possible that the Sword of Akasha is some kind of altar or temple, where people like C.C. and V.V. are capable of dieing permanently?

For some reason, that idea makes sense to me. And could the "gods" be other people like C.C. and V.V. I think it's possible that Charles and V.V. plan on killing all the other immortals capable of giving Geass.
It would make sense in why Charles wants to capture C.C. Also did anyone else notice (it could be because of the sub I watched) that when Charles was talking to Suzaku in the temple, they talked as if C.C. was just one of the possible biters for the Lelouch bait.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:38   Link #1826
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Translation for 30sec preview of Turn 13:

I must liberate Japan.
And I must plan the date route with Shirley at the same time.
I have 18 patterns in mind for the route.
I've also planned gaps where I can response to urgent communication from C.C. and Kaguya.
Arrangement for preparations for Kallen's rescue is also possible.
The only thing is I don't know what Shirley likes.
Is there someone I can ask?
In addition, I feel like I made a wrong choice somewhere.

He's got too many things at hand.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-07-01 at 01:50.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:40   Link #1827
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
Wait. If CC and Marianne are twins like Charles and VV are, then Marianne wouldn't me immortal since Charles is also aging. CC would be immortal, just like VV.

Wasn't Clovis involved with the research/experiments conducted on CC? Charles said he was conversing with Clovis. It almost sounds radical to think Clovis is still alive. At least Marianne still being alive sounds like it could work. They're probably both dead, I would think.

Charles talks with Clovis.... who knows who else, Marianne? CC talks with VV, Marianne, and a 3rd person we don't know who yet. It is almost confusing. Maybe they can talk to the dead, or maybe talk to those who had died through their memories of them.
Clovis is dead. Official site. There's no room for consipricy for his death. He was killed in an accident in a faraway island. There were like dozens of people examining over his body and would do anything to keep him alive if possible (example: Bartley). There's no way for that to be a double either, for he recognizes Lelouch.
When Charles's servent tells him Clovis's body arrived Britannia, he's already done talking to Clovis. These pretty much tells us Charles can talk to the dead.

I'm thinking maybe they (C.C. and V.V.) stay young and immortal after becoming the leader of the Cult. That explains why one of the twins stays young while the other becomes ol' Curly.
And if it's only for the leaders, we won't have an army of immortals suddenly pop out from their underground hideout. Actually, looks like Cornelia already killed a number of them on her way inside.

BTW there's Marianne's hidden line.
Spoiler for from storyboard of Ep.22:

It appears that she had a chance to choose becoming immortal or not.

I suspect Marianne was killed because she refused to become the Cult leader. Or, judging from how young V.V. is when he stopped growing, she refused to let them take one of her children. She knew she'll be in danger. Therefore she sent the guards away so she can meet someone (C.C.?) without being seen, or even have this person take away her children. But assassins seized this chance and killed her.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-07-01 at 01:50.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:48   Link #1828
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
BTW there's Marianne's hidden line, "Eternal life isn't what I'm hoping for". (From storyboard of Ep.22. The writing was too illegible to make out when the storyboard was out. But when the same line appears in DS game, this line is confirmed.)

I suspect Marianne was killed because she refused to become the Cult leader. Or, judging from how young V.V. is when he stopped growing, she refused to let them take one of her children. She knew she'll be in danger. Therefore she sent the guards away so she can meet someone (C.C.?) without being seen, or even have this person take away her children. But assassins seized this chance and killed her.
Interesting......

I know that some of Marianne's lines talk about how C.C. has "feelings" for Lelouch, but I didn't know that particular line.....
Old 2008-07-01, 01:53   Link #1829
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Clovis is dead. Official site. There's no room for consipricy for his death. He was killed in an accident in a faraway island. There were like dozens of people examining over his body and would do anything to keep him alive if possible (example: Bartley). There's no way for that to be a double either, for he recognizes Lelouch.
When Charles's servent tells him Clovis's body arrived Britannia, he's already done talking to Clovis. These pretty much tells us Charles can talk to the dead.

I'm thinking maybe they (C.C. and V.V.) stay young and immortal after becoming the leader of the Cult. That explains why one of the twins stays young while the other becomes ol' Curly.
And if it's only for the leaders, we won't have an army of immortals suddenly pop out from their underground hideout. Actually, looks like Cornelia already killed a number of them on her way inside.

Hmm, that's interesting information.
I really like lines for 30sec preview. Wonder where Lelouch made that mistake *going into oracle mode*
That's an interesting view on things. Sure, that it's the way things are.
Old 2008-07-01, 02:41   Link #1830
yamibakura

"Eternal life isn't what I'm hoping for,". I wonder what she was hoping for...

It looks like plans to save Kallen are already being prepared. ^^
Old 2008-07-01, 02:59   Link #1831
KallenMiki
~=Live for Existence=~

I have a feeling that Kallen will join Nunnally, so that Lelouch will be relief, because Kallen is on Nunnally's side. And yet Lelouch will have a great plan to save both of them....I think...
Old 2008-07-01, 03:07   Link #1832
yamibakura

I'm not sure what will happen, but maybe we will see an invasion of japan, technically Lelouch would be able to take both Nunally and Kallen. That sounds too simple. Unless Kallen told Nunally the truth and Nunally found she was in danger. Its counting on a lot of things to happen though. If anything, Nunally and Kallen will talk I don't know what about, but Lelouch has some kind of plan for her rescue. So he must know where Kallen is being held..
Old 2008-07-01, 03:12   Link #1833
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I'm not sure what will happen, but maybe we will see an invasion of japan, technically Lelouch would be able to take both Nunally and Kallen. That sounds too simple. Unless Kallen told Nunally the truth and Nunally found she was in danger. Its counting on a lot of things to happen though. If anything, Nunally and Kallen will talk I don't know what about, but Lelouch has some kind of plan for her rescue. So he must know where Kallen is being held..
Well, being Lulu, he probably figured out that Suzaku will at least let Nunnally see her (which is so blatantly obvious that out conspiracy theories missed it for its simpleness).
Old 2008-07-01, 03:21   Link #1834
yamibakura

^^; Conspiracy theories are a good way to describe a lot of the speculation going around. Also I think Nunally's status as governor general of Area 11 overrides Suzaku's position. So Nunally went on her own to go see Kallen. We did see Ms. Rosmeyer(sp?) there too with Nunally. But I think she is just an adviser/council to Nunally as governor.

After looking at the new chart, Ms. Rosmeyer is in all blue along with Gulford and the Glaston Knights. I think Guilford and the Glaston Knights are decent people, but just going by factions and light blue's lack of connections to other factions including gray, except for Nunally.. What do you make of her? Ms. Rosmeyer. She seems pretty bad I think, considering she was ready to start shooting at the mass of zeros in episode 8. On the other hand she probably would have vehemently opposed Nunally visiting Kallen in prison. I suppose it doesn't matter, since Nunally would have wanted to see Kallen no matter what anyone said and she has the power to do so since she is royalty and govenor general.

http://geass.jp/correlative.html
Old 2008-07-01, 03:28   Link #1835
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
^^; Conspiracy theories are a good way to describe a lot of the speculation going around. Also I think Nunally's status as governor general of Area 11 overrides Suzaku's position. So Nunally went on her own to go see Kallen. We did see Ms. Rosmeyer(sp?) there too with Nunally. But I think she is just an adviser/council to Nunally as governor.

After looking at the new chart, Ms. Rosmeyer is in all blue along with Gulford and the Glaston Knights. I think Guilford and the Glaston Knights are decent people, but just going by factions and light blue's lack of connections to other factions including gray, except for Nunally.. What do you make of her? Ms. Rosmeyer. She seems pretty bad I think, considering she was ready to start shooting at the mass of zeros in episode 8. On the other hand she probably would have vehemently opposed Nunally visiting Kallen in prison. I suppose it doesn't matter, since Nunally would have wanted to see Kallen no matter what anyone said and she has the power to do so since she is royalty and govenor general.

http://geass.jp/correlative.html
Well, Miss Rosmeyer is voiced by Watanabe Akeno (minor role after Villetta). So, I gathered that she can be ruthless if she wants to. But, she'll usually defer to her superiors' wishes.
Old 2008-07-01, 03:41   Link #1836
Elicit

Quote:

That is an interesting theory, though, if that were the case, C.C. must have held leadership for quite some time, and, even though she's been succeeded, still has that immortality carried over. How old does V.V. look if we're going along with this? Just to find out how many years apart from his (supposedly) and Charles' age to how long he must have been the head.

Still wondering how one becomes a leader of the Cult (C.C. then V.V.) and leaves being leader of the Cult (C.C.).
Old 2008-07-01, 03:49   Link #1837
yamibakura

For a long time CC was wondering the Earth. I have a feeling sometime long ago VV forced her out of the leadership position and into exile. It doesn't make sense though since VV and Charles are twin brothers.

Hey at least we know the capital of Britania now. Pendragon. ^^
Old 2008-07-01, 03:51   Link #1838
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
For a long time CC was wondering the Earth. I have a feeling sometime long ago VV forced her out of the leadership position and into exile. It doesn't make sense though since VV and Charles are twin brothers.

Hey at least we know the capital of Britania now. Pendragon. ^^
No, Pendragon is the name of palace. Capital is New-Wales.
Old 2008-07-01, 03:53   Link #1839
Dream_Traveller
Banned

That's in the novel, which is to be taken with a notable grain of salt.
Old 2008-07-01, 03:56   Link #1840
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
That's in the novel, which is to be taken with a notable grain of salt.
Well, either way Pendragon is the name of Palace.
And i think they wouldn't mess with capital's name at least
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories