AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-08, 14:29   Link #1
scarl43

big sis/ younger bro anime?

i want to see this kind of anime? any good recommendations?

the latest anime im watching is infinite stratos.

u guys know any anime where the sister and brother is very close?

no incest
Old 2011-03-08, 15:05   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Inuyasha comes to mind. Though Sango and Kohaku aren't the main characters, they do have a very compelling relationship.

Blood + has a very good big sister/younger brother relationship, though both characters aren't present in every episode.

The currently airing (and great) Hourou Musuko has a very prominent sis/bro relationship.

Kamichu has an interesting one, though the brother doesn't have as large a part in the series as many of us fans would have liked...

Needless is another one with a very important sis/bro relationship, though she's absent for large chunks of time.

Lastly, Shinryaku Ika Musume has a nice family vibe with two big sisters and one otouto.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:38   Link #3
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Not close at first, but they are in the end so to speak. Anime is largely based on the relationship between the too, I'd say it's THEE #1 anime for your recommendation. O rather, the whole anime is about them two.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2011-03-08, 22:55   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I knew there was a thread about this once before.

I'll reiterate my recommendation of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

Enzo surprised me by not recommending Seirei no Moribito again so I will. Balsa falls somewhere between a sister and a mother to Chagum, twelve eighteen years her junior, though her role as bodyguard almost always takes precedence. (I think he sensed that you're looking for a different type of show than Moribito.)

Sometimes younger male characters have older female mentors that play the role of an older sister. I'm thinking about Juuzawa Benika in Kure-nai or perhaps Balalaika in Black Lagoon. Family reunions might be a bit difficult with either of them, though. There's always a chance there'll be guns blazing sometime before dessert. (Revy, too, starts off as Rock's mentor and "sister" at the outset of Black Lagoon, though I don't think that's how either of them sees their relationship by the end of the second season.)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-03-09 at 00:08.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:22   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I did consider it, Sensei, but I thought I'd stick to actual biological relationships. As well, I really consider the Balsa/Chagum relationship (which is perhaps my favorite in all anime or manga) to be closer to a mother/son, though you can make a case for siblings. She's actually 18 years older than he is and especially in a medieval setting, that implies a parent more than an onee-san.

As for "Ore no Imouto" I did consider it - I like the series a lot and the sibling relationship is at the very heart of the show - but the OP specifically requested that the brother be younger. I also inferred from the last line that it'd be best to steer clear of even implied siscon or brocon material...
Old 2011-03-08, 23:46   Link #6
Nemuru

i can assume you mean actually siblings rather than childhood friends who has a big sister and little brother relationship.

I would had recommend kekkaishi

Even Negima would suffice

as for real siblings ........... I will get back on that one.
Old 2011-03-09, 00:06   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
She's actually 18 years older than he is and especially in a medieval setting, that implies a parent more than an onee-san.
I was thinking 18 and typed 12, which is, of course, Chagum's age Maybe it's time for bed?

I'd also lean toward the parent end of the spectrum in their case. Indeed I can think of ways where her behavior toward Chagum might be characterized as paternal, reflecting her own childhood experiences being raised by Jigoro.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:51   Link #8
scarl43

I have watched Seirei no Moribito and tokyo magnitude 8.0 and the latter i would say was very touching. I've also finished watching blood + and it was not that great (Kai / saya relationship is by far closer than the riku / saya relationship)

I'll watch Hourou Musuko for the time being.

oh yeah, another anime i would like to recommend is gilamesh
Old 2011-03-14, 17:06   Link #9
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Recommending oreimo is pretty dumb when the OP specifically asked for older sister and younger brother...

... not the other way around.

Plus, oreimo isn't exactly a good series, either...
Old 2011-03-14, 21:25   Link #10
mecharobot

-Katanagatari has this and the elder sister is rather important too.

-Tamayura is a short slice of slice, which I recall held such dynamics.

-The heroine of My Hime has a younger brother.

-Last Exile has this on the antagonist side.

-They Are My Noble Masters has an elder half sister, but I can't remember if there were some funny business going on. Probably nothing too creepy, I guess.

-One of the main trio in Gintama has an elder sister who is a frequent character in the show.

-The protagonist of Heroman has an elder sister who is a somewhat prominent character.

-Then there is of course Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, where their relation is indeed close but they rarely ever get the chance to speak to each other.

I hope you find something.
Old 2011-03-14, 22:47   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Soredemo had some nice episodes based on the older sister younger brother relationship.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-03-15, 04:56   Link #12
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by haquti View Post
It's sorta ecchi-ish but I persume it wasn't listed ,
kiss×sis
2 older sister and 1 young brother

pretty enjoyable
There is this fine print of 'no incest'
Old 2011-03-15, 15:09   Link #13
kitten320

Inuyasha
Mai HiME
Maria-sama Ga Miteru
but they are not the main topic.
Rozen Maiden, also not main topic but sister cares a lot.
Shiki, also has two siblings but not main topic again.
Working!!, same story.