AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 20:52   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh I'm stupid. I didn't count that amount of actions characters did when they brave in the above video. Turns out using 3 bp gives you 4 actions, resulting in 33% more turns rather than just using your turns one by one.

Now I see the dilemma. You wanna go all-in and risk all your your damage be defended? Or you want to have a wait and see approach, but losing the 33% bonus in doing so? Or do you default if you're anticipating an enemy braving?

So roughly, braving < defaulting < using only 1 bp < braving.

EDIT: JP release date is Oct 11.

Collector's edition sounds sweet (literally life-size poster? me want!), but hella expensive at around 150 bucks plus shipping.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2012-06-28 at 22:23.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:35   Link #22
Iron Maw
Banned

I can see a lot rough fights to coming up with is battle system. Can you imagine how brutal stacking status effects with would be in one turn?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 10:45   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Look like stuff on Job System and the newly introduced Party Chat system is out.
http://andriasang.com/con20h/bravely_default_update/

Here's the awesome looking Collector's Edition:
http://andriasang.com/con20i/bravely...llectors_pack/

Kinda feel sorry for anyone importing, looking at the price though.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:40   Link #24
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Man that limited edition looks beautiful. And the job system sounds pretty awesome, along with the party chat, this game seems to be going all out. Now we only need an english release.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:51   Link #25
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh my, the limited box is Square-Enix store only.
It'll end up costing even more to get a copy of it....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 14:53   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Exactly. I had to shell out a little bit extra for my collector's edition for Tactics Ogre because I couldn't navigate through the Japanese (or was it because S-E store does not ship overseas? I forgot if I got my Japanese friends to help with that part ). Either way I had to get TO:Limited Edition from e-bay, and I'm not sure Bravely Default is gonna be even translated (FF Type 0 was announced to come out in English and where is it?) to be even worth importing the original version.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:54   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

Catching up on some past updates....

4th character revealed:
http://andriasang.com/con22h/bravely_default_update/

New demo details (which is out now):
http://andriasang.com/con22y/bravely_default_demo/

Here is the demo itself. It's a long one so you might want to make some time here.

It's so awesome to see the Mystic Knight/Sorcerer from FFV make a comeback.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-08-02 at 02:07.
Old 2012-08-02, 12:56   Link #28
AnimeFangirl

When I saw the title, I hoped it would be a loan repayment sim.
Old 2012-08-02, 12:58   Link #29
Iron Maw
Banned

Sliconera impressions:
Quote:
While this is technically the fourth Bravely Default: Flying Fairy demo, this is only demo that lets players explore a dungeon and try out the combat system. I’d say it’s the first real demo since the other hands-ons had a small slice of the game.

In this demo, Tiz, Edea, and Lingabel explore a cave filled with monsters like giant beetles and conjurers (with owl heads). I was eager to tryout the new jobs so I made Tiz a Superstar, Edea a Magic Knight, and Lingabel a Red Mage. Instead of the standard red cape and hat, Red Mages look like flamenco dancers with frilly shirts accessorized with roses. Mystic Knights have an Arabian style and Superstars dress like Elvis Presley impersonators. If you make Edea a Superstar she gets a bunny costume.

Now if you pair that with a Red Mage’s ability to use white and black magic… you have a super mage. Like Final Fantasy V you can equip a command ability so you can have a Knight that can cast white magic or a Thief that can sing. Players also have three support ability points to select skills like Aspil Sword, which makes your standard attack deal less damage, but absorbs MP. You have to learn that skill from the Mystic Knight class. Just like in Final Fantasy V, Mystic Knights can enchant their weapons with spells so you can hit enemies with fira, blizzara or negative status spells like fear with each attack.

Magic in Bravely Default is tiered to different levels so when you start with a Mystic Knight you can only use level two sword magic – poison, silence, and sleepel. Mystic Knights have an innate skill to increase magic damage, so if you want thundara to hurt more this is your class. Red Mage has revenge as their class ability, which awards them 1 BP if an enemy strikes them. Knight has cover which automatically protects allies on low HP and Freelancer has "Late Bloomer" an ability that increases your character’s strength depending on how many jobs you mastered.

That’s right, Freelancer has specific skills in Bravely Default. They can learn an ability to restore an ally’s HP, scan (let’s you see an enemy’s HP and weaknesses), endure (you may survive a fatal attack with 1 HP), and an ability to boost the encounter rate. Speaking of the encounter rate, Bravely Default has a lot of random battles, but since you can fast forward animations and overload on brave points it’s possible to finish most fights in 10 seconds. Major enemies like the Land Turtle that blocks you from moving forward appear on the field.

Knights are a tank class with Chivalry skills that let you ignore an enemy’s defense when you use a physical attack. They also have support abilities that allow you to equip a sword in both hands or a shield in both hands. While you can double your physical attack strength with the "Both Hands" ability, dual wielding seems equally as effective.

I think the ultimate magic using class in the demo is a Superstar with Red Magic as a second ability. Overlimit (boosts magic attack damage if your BP is less than 0), Fire Wall (a chance you’ll counterattack with a fire spell), and Aspil Sword are good support abilities. I turned Edea into a super fighter by making her a Knight with the Mystic Sword ability and giving her two swords to wield. Her support abilities are Voltage (boosts defense and attack) and Endure.

Wow, that’s a lot of customization options and we’re just talking about a demo. I think Final Fantasy V fans are going to dig Bravely Default: Flying Fairy when it comes out on October 11.
Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/01...-a-super-mage/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
When I saw the title, I hoped it would be a loan repayment sim.
Yeah most people thought it was something a long those lines when they first hear it too.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:28   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wonder how many jobs they'll have in the game and if they'll balance them for perhaps the first time ever. There's still some jobs I've never used in FF3/FF5/FFT cause there's just no situation in which they are useful or another job did what you needed better.

This continues to sound more and more like the game I've been waiting on from Square that takes things back a little more to how they used to be. I'm really loving the whole art design of the game that looks like a cross between FFIII and IX. Everything about the game that I've seen so far just screams pre-PS2 era Final Fantasy. If this comes out here it might be something I'll pick up alongside my 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening so I'll have more than the latter to play.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-02 at 13:39.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:28   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wonder how many jobs they'll have in the game and if they'll balance them for perhaps the first time ever. There's still some jobs I've never used in FF3/FF5/FFT cause there's just no situation in which they are useful or another job did what you needed better.
It looks like there will be 24 in total.

For job balance, I'm expecting there will still probably be some useless gimmick ones. I'm hoping that overall balance will atleast be like either FFV or X-2 in that regard as every class outside 2 or 3 had their uses. I'm also very happy that the Devs using FFT's auxiliary system where you could mix passive abilities from different classes to iron-out weakness or overpower a primary job.

It also seems "Dual Wield" is a innate ability now that every Job has access to. Wonder what the means for "Ninja" since this was the main reason to touch that class.

Quote:
This continues to sound more and more like the game I've been waiting on from Square that takes things back a little more to how they used to be. I'm really loving the whole art design of the game that looks like a cross between FFIII and IX. Everything about the game that I've seen so far just screams pre-PS2 era Final Fantasy. If this comes out here it might be something I'll pick up alongside my 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening so I'll have more than the latter to play
I think what also helps in this case is the return World Map that pretty nearly every modern RPG has abandoned for either fields or point n' click ones.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:35   Link #32
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm also very happy that the Devs using FFT's auxiliary system where you could mix passive abilities from different classes to iron-out weakness or overpower a primary job.
I think for this reason alone that there won't be any particularly useless classes. I can imagine even the gimmick classes having some skills that would work well added onto a different one.
All wishful thinking on my side, but it would be really neat.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 11:09   Link #33
Iron Maw
Banned

Just found this on Sliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/03...avely-default/

Seems we have a second set of villains and new screenshots. Really loving the art direction in this game.

Spoiler for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I think for this reason alone that there won't be any particularly useless classes. I can imagine even the gimmick classes having some skills that would work well added onto a different one.
All wishful thinking on my side, but it would be really neat.
In theory yeah, but there some classes that seem to suck no matter what you do. *see Calculator Job in FFT*

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-08-03 at 11:24.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:42   Link #34
AnimeFangirl

Wasn't the Calculator job one of the most horribly broken classes ever, if you knew what you were doing?
Old 2012-08-04, 14:06   Link #35
Iron Maw
Banned

It's skillset "Mathskill" was, but only in hands of another Mage class. The Calculator job itself had the worst stats in the game so, it couldn't even take much advantage of the power offered by it's own abilities. This is sort of situation I'm hoping BD:FF avoids.
Old 2012-08-22, 07:06   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

New scans, looks we get even more antagonists!

Stuff:

Quote:
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy gives the game’s bad guys just as much character as the heroes. Main villains have jobs and appear in four person parties like the Eternia Air Force (they have a knight, monk, white mage, and black mage).

Jump revealed (via TaleTale source) a new group of enemies called the Blood Rose Unit led by Fiore de Rosa. He’s a middle aged playboy who lives in Flowell, an entertainment district. The other three members in Blood Rose are the Venus sisters.

Einherjer Venus is the eldest sister and she was trained by Edea’s master. Edea, if you haven’t been following Bravely Default, is a playable character and the girl in the red. Mefirea Venus is the middle sister and a summoner. Artemis Venus is the youngest sister. Jump revealed the Hunter class and confirmed the Valkyrie class we mentioned earlier. Since each main character has one job we’re guessing Artemis is a Hunter and Einherjer is a Valkyrie.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy also has an "abilink" system, which is another way players can strengthen their characters. Abilink (a portmanteau for Ability Link) utilizes the 3DS’ wireless hardware somehow.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy comes out on October 11 in Japan
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/17...od-rose-bunch/

BTW, apparently unlike FFV's Mystic Knight, "Magic Sword" can be used with any weapon including the Monks fists.

Official Box art:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/21...eek-black-box/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-09-16 at 00:45.
Old 2012-08-24, 12:32   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Lots of new screenshots here, showing off the new characters and classes.
andriasang.com/con2cy/bravely_default_screens/
Old 2012-08-29, 20:48   Link #38
Iron Maw
Banned

2 new videos.

Nintendo Direct (Doomtrain is back!):

New Trailer (Old CGs, New Gameplay):

Old 2012-09-12, 17:57   Link #39
Iron Maw
Banned

The final demo is up now, aside from TGS the last thing we have basically have to look forward to is the JP release in October. Hopefully some time around SE will announce plans for international release.

Here is a impression from a GAF member on the demo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
The final demo is out on the Japanese eShop, at 1906 blocks (roughly 244MB) which makes it possibly the largest demo released thus far of any 3DS game.

The demo starts with an event scene, between the group and a leader of a village/city. They've been asked to help rebuild Nolende (Tiz's hometown) but want help due to the monsters becoming more active lately.

This is the special street pass feature that was recently revealed. You're given a map of the village, with numerous points of interest where you can build buildings or clear rocks. Each action takes time, with the only actions you can take at the beginning being to build an item shop (15 mins), cut down trees to make a new path (2 hours) or remove rubble to access a new area (3 hours). The amount of time decreases depending on how many people you put to work (2 people can clear the rubble in 1hr 30mins, 3 can clear it in 1 hour, 6 can do it in 30 minutes), and how many you can put to work depends on the villages population, which increases by 1 each time you street pass someone.

Once a building has been built (such as the item shop, or weapon shop) you may get presents from time to time based on the shops level (upgraded by having people work on the shop). Items supplied by the shops can be bought from any red-clothed adventurer.

Street pass shares information, including your main Mii, equipment, play time, job/ability count, Nolende population, etc.

When you play the full game your friends and Nolende population will carry over, as well as play bonuses. There are 7 play bonuses in all, which are obtained through playing the demo. The demo's scenario is not included in the main game.

The demo includes the Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Ninja, Super Star, Valkyrie and Sword Master jobs. Areas include a small area of the world map, a storage cavern, a forest and a tower.

The job abilities are varied, and some are amazingly useful; one may let you attack twice from a single "attack" command (meaning a possible 8 attacks in a turn from one character) with others increasing BP or counter-attacking when attacked, or ignoring enemy defence when they default. I can't imagine what kind of abilities are being saved for later levels (although they may have changed the order for the sake of the demo, who knows).

I've just finished the cavern and got the second play bonus (healing items and the like) and am at 2 hrs 44min play time; I wouldn't be surprised to end up spending 6-10 hours on the demo, considering how strong the enemies in the tower are.

For those that may wonder, Anies and Idea's Ninja jobs show their pants when they attack, and it seems Anies covers her wonderful legs with tights (or possibly leggings) on her default costume.

Saving can be done much like 4WoL, speaking to the red-clothed adventurers, but you can also save anywhere on the world map with the mini-menu found on the touchscreen (save, wireless features and Nolende Village). The save screen shows the word "save" followed by 2 empty slots and "title-screen"; whether they're extra save slots or something else entirely I don't know.

For Nolende Village, people that can't street pass other game owners and get more people to repair the village may like to know that time passes for the village even when the system is in sleep mode. Obviously you need to leave the game running (and not pause to the Home menu) but it means getting better equipment and the like is easier. The demo and full game can street pass one another too, so if you have more than 1 3DS in the household you can streetpass between the 2 and make it a little easier.

When something's finished in the Village, the mini-menu icon on the touchscreen glows to notify you.

The Friend Summon feature is used by recording a turn. You choose the "Summon Send" option in the battle menu and that character, in their job costume, using the moves you use directly after, are recorded, and that is what is sent to friends so they can summon you. The summon will disappear once used, but can be sent indefinitely, and the point is to send things that may be useful (like healing your party, or using a powerful attack).
Old 2012-09-13, 20:52   Link #40
Iron Maw
Banned

Looks someone recorded themselves playing the demo.
Unfortunately, we get to see many of the things mentioned in the impressions aside from the World Map and some new Classess since the player spends most of his time grinding and doesn't too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRg0QIY7Bh4&feature=plcp
Starts at 1:41

Notably things
-Day and Night cycles
-Ninja, Swordmaster and Valkyrie/Dragoon make their first appearance.
-Equipment generally seems to be pretty freeform (i.e Swordmaster using spears, White Mages holding swords) I guess this means your ol' good insane party of 4 White Mages wielding Katanas like in FFI is viable.
-The player doesn't optimize equipment for the Classes and their abilities (two swords for Ninjas, a sword for a Swordmaster, or Staves on the White Mages) and just spasm the attack command most of the time, so it's hard to tell effective their all are. =/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-09-16 at 00:22.

Tags
3ds, bdff, bravely default, square-enix