AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-07, 20:59   Link #21
kasimmorathi

Simple, to the point, and interesting enough characters where none of them quite came off as stereotypical. Our main character doesn't completely panic while on a "date" with someone he doesn't know, a bit rudderless but apparently relatable. Kuroda seems to border more upon the ice queen trope, however she doesn't try to step on or belittle anyone and has a passion for something. I'll definitely keep an eye on this for a more relaxing show this season.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 22:21   Link #22
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this seems like anther play by the numbers game making anime
Old 2016-01-07, 22:43   Link #23
aakun4

Considering this show has a generic setting with generic character designs and average visuals, the episode was fine. It did a good work introducing the characters. I'll give the show more episodes.
aakun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 23:21   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As usual with Satou Takuya shows (particularly Ichigo Mashimaro and Steins;Gate), I felt comfortable in the director's hands right from the start. There was just something smart about this. Even though I agree that we may have seen all these elements before, the way they were presented made them fresh and interesting.

Strong actor-acting by Hanazawa Kana in that play scene. And Chisuga Haruka was good with the passionate but affect-less Kuroda. Yamashita Seiichirou is a fairly new name to me, but I liked the character he created, and he is with the prestigious agency Office Osawa (like HanaKana).

We'll see what direction they take this situation. In any case, I liked the flow and the direction of things.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 00:08   Link #25
Chosen_Hero

Episode one and I already feel like I know where each character is going to be by the end, I'll give it a try but if it goes the way i'm expecting it to i'm dropping it without a second thought.
Old 2016-01-08, 01:42   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Come to think of it, I never finished playing Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai...
As for the episode, I came in blind and was surprised at the end. It's okay for now, though whether it will get entertaining from here... I'll take a look.
Too many anime today...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 01:52   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Well I can say that compared to Saekano's premier which this show emulates, I liked this a lot more. It feel a bit more honest with itself since relies a lot less on meta humor and irony to be interesting then most shows of this type. Characters in general appear to be less stereotypical then they would seem at first glance too, Bunta and Kuroda in particular. The former feels well balanced in terms of traits without feeling bland thus needing to have some extreme personally quirks to be interesting, which nice. The later is who one would mistake for a typical Ice Queen/Tsundere turns out to be really just an eccentric person, who however holds a sense of rationally behind her actions and logic.

I'm also happy that childhood friend for once show no signs of romance interest in MC and didn't get jealous when he was talking to another. Heck she even helped him out in getting some advice for his um 'date".

So while this can certainly still go south, for now sits pretty positively with me.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 05:20   Link #28
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Interesting first episode. Can't help but compare this to Saekano, which is unfair though because both shows are completely different. Just a similar premise.

Kuroda is a really interesting character. She kind of has that "Haruhi" influence in her, but with less force. Soft spoken but really driven to make a dent into the dating sims realm.

Buntaro is also another interesting character. Works a lot for his classmates and for himself. Although everyone praises him for his superior writing of dramas, which we have yet to see. But that's pretty much the big trait that attracted Kuroda to Bunta. They dynamic plays off of each other surprisingly well!

Oh and we can't forget about "Bitch Queen". Might be the best nickname for an anime character!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 05:46   Link #29
IceHism

Ahh that was mostly setup but I still had a lot of fun watching this. As long as they basically copy Romeo's script, this should be very good. Can't wait to see more.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 06:12   Link #30
Draco Spirit

I'm liking Kuroda's general impression of being a eccentric and crazy werirdo, but a eccentric and crazy werirdo you could actually meet in reality. Tricky balancing act, but it seem to be working. I do hope they have some scenes latter on were her eccentricity causes her difficulties (and likely give Bunta a chance to shine).
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 06:54   Link #31
Tsukishima Starrk

This anime feels so calming and refreshing...
Tsukishima Starrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 10:06   Link #32
MCAL

Any thing that can cameo both Sharin no Kuni and G Senjou no Maou is A-Okay in my book, but KOYA has more to offer than that.

If I were to describe the premiere it would be pleasent. There was nothing here that was original for the VN medium (So far at least), it was all presented in a plesently low key and diginified manner. I look forward to how Romeo Tanaka gives us his version of Saekano.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 10:06   Link #33
ookamigirl

Bunta sure is a popular guy.
It's slightly amazing how he manages to do so much.
Anime that feels like slice of life.
*sigh* skipping this.
Sadly, 1st episode didn't provide enough to interest me.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 12:00   Link #34
nojay
Scanlator

The last bit of this first episode makes me want to back to Akihabara again [Sigh]. I mean, it was practically photographic in places showing the road crossing under the railway bridge at the station, the maid cafe girls, the giant posters for games and anime... the only thing missing was the crowds, it's never as quiet as that.
Old 2016-01-08, 12:17   Link #35
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was so HHHNNNGGG about Yuuka, as it's been a while since HanaKana voiced an osananajimi character, and I loved how the trio is so close. Then I was flabbergasted that Yuuka doesn't seem to mind MC going on a date, and even though she followed him around, she got bored since they weren't doing anything special. If anything, she's more attuned with the other childhood friend, thinking a lot of the same things and doing the same things as he. Like sure, it seems she's being written to be with her other childhood friend, but dammit, I want my love triangle! :'(

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 13:09   Link #36
Marina2

This one is the surprise for me. I finally found the first show in this season that I really forward to see it every week. (I am a bit dissappointed with Phantom Word and HaruChika)
Old 2016-01-08, 17:00   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Why Kuroda reminded me so much about Yukinoshita Yukino?
oh well, I like the protagonist's personality
He is definitely a mature one

promising story but why is it only ~18 minutes?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 17:02   Link #38
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I was so HHHNNNGGG about Yuuka, as it's been a while since HanaKana voiced an osananajimi character, and I loved how the trio is so close. Then I was flabbergasted that Yuuka doesn't seem to mind MC going on a date, and even though she followed him around, she got bored since they weren't doing anything special. If anything, she's more attuned with the other childhood friend, thinking a lot of the same things and doing the same things as he. Like sure, it seems she's being written to be with her other childhood friend, but dammit, I want my love triangle! :'(
well that is where this show can hook me, i'm really tired of harems and love triangles and specially childhood friedns which are unable to express they feelings before the "race for the love" start, I really tired of that cliches and this show can be another refreshing serie like rakudai where the "cliche sides where minimum and more like "gags" than something serious or important to the plot, i really hope this serie really avoid that flags.
Old 2016-01-08, 17:37   Link #39
Arya

As everyone I was pleasantly surprised by this first episode. I really liked the MC. The show did a good introduction of him. And as already pointed out Kuroda reminds me of Yukino, some spots during the date seemed similar to the last episode of Oregairu 2.

I was sceptical about the premise and I still am, mostly due to the risk that kudoka will turn into some otaku girl that doesn't fit with the image I'm expecting from her. I want both of the MC to stay as simple and natural as they seems to be.
But all in all I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Glad that the childhood friend is not all over the MC, but that's something that I'll believe when I actually see it. Childhood friends have this ability to come out from nowhere any time

Honorable mention to the Bitch Queen, what an insightful row of advices she gave to our MC, calculated innocence And the explanation to why she didn't look like a Bitch Queen was even better and generally true, real bitches are the ones you can't tell apart. But I don't expect that for our Bitch Queen.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 18:21   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Dont be too surprised by that episode - this is Romeo Tanaka we're talking about. He's very, very talented and if anyone can manage to get past the cliches inherent in the format and make something out of the self-aware satire being set up, he can.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote