AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 16:06   Link #241
Chaosaga

Fansubs are now terrorism?

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/sep...orturebill.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonplanet
A change of the definition of "pillaging" which turns all illegal occupation of property and all theft into terrorism. This makes squatters and petty thieves enemy combatants.
Chaosaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 09:09   Link #242
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

France did it at last. The French parliament has adopted a bill that is completely against the freedom of speech. Anyone who will deny a historically unproven genocide will be assumed to have committed a crime, and will be put in jail for 1-year in addition to being forced to pay huge fine (45000 Euro).

At a country that used to be proud of freedom of speech they have, that criticizes strongly any country,which passes laws to limit that freedom, this is completely unexpected. And it is beyond the silliness level.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 03:23   Link #243
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home

Jaw dropping, that's all I got to say.

Maybe they might find WMD's in Mars...
Old 2006-10-25, 10:50   Link #244
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
No this thread cant die!

I give you love, hamster love that is.

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overl...guinea_pig.jpg
________
Buy Silver Surfer

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:41.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 11:43   Link #245
ImClueless
Rawr

The guinea pig one is pretty funny. Heres my contribution

Toddler gets stuck in vending machine
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 12:22   Link #246
Gibilterra

Finally,Toshiba developped Full Face HMD!

Look!The Great Step!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ ・・・・・・・・・・
Gibilterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 13:47   Link #247
Kensuke

That is one of the weirdest pictures I have ever seen...

Finland makes Latin the King

Quote:
Finland is one of the quieter members of the EU. But now its turn at the EU presidency has thrust it into the spotlight - and exposed an unusual passion.

Like the boy at the party with cheese straws stuck up his nose, it has been caught doing something vaguely disturbing - indulging a penchant for Latin.

It is the only country in the world which broadcasts the news in Latin.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 21:57   Link #248
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

What's seen in the article below (which just came out two days ago) is probably one of the world's most expensive drunk-driving accidents ever. The infamous defendant of several embezzlement charges, Bo Stefan Eriksson, gained infamy for smashing up a $1 Milllion Enzo Ferrari due to drunk driving back in February along the Pacific Coast Highway in California. Just look at the state of that Ferrari! I mean, we've seen cars and other very hard and durable objects easily sliced in half on a regular basis in anime (usually by swords), but this is ridiculous. And just who would be stupid enough to go on a driving spree in a car that normally retails over $600,000 (and has a very complicated buying process in the first place, as in you order it now, then get it a year or more later) and has a top speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) while under the influence?

Ferrari Enzo trial isn't as flashy as the car
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 22:05   Link #249
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
What's seen in the article below (which just came out two days ago) is probably one of the world's most expensive drunk-driving accidents ever. The infamous defendant of several embezzlement charges, Bo Stefan Eriksson, gained infamy for smashing up a $1 Milllion Enzo Ferrari due to drunk driving back in February along the Pacific Coast Highway in California.
You might be interested in this detailed Wired.com story about that accident:
Quote:

Gizmondo's Spectacular Crack-up

Directors of the game device company went on living large long after their handheld flopped. Then a high-speed Ferrari crash blew their world to bits.

THE BUMP IN THE ROAD that ended Bo Stefan Eriksson's fantastic ride is practically invisible. From 10 feet away, all you can see is the ragged edge of a tar-seamed crack in an otherwise smooth sheet of pavement. Only the location is impressive - a sweet stretch of straightaway on California's Pacific Coast Highway near El Pescador state beach, just past the eucalyptus-shaded mansions of the Malibu hills. On that patch of broken asphalt, there's barely enough lip to stub a toe. Of course, when you hit it at close to 200 miles per hour, as police say Eriksson did in the predawn light last February 21, while behind the wheel of a 660-horsepower Ferrari Enzo, consequences magnify.

(More at the link above...)
The story is six pages long, but it's quite interesting and good view into the l33t and wealthy Tech sector. On a related note, this guy was caught having sex with a dead dog in full view of a day care center.
Quote:
A 44-year-old Saginaw man remains jailed today on charges of bestiality after he was seen engaged in sexual acts with a dead dog, Michigan State Police troopers said.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-10-25 at 22:22.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 22:27   Link #250
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
You might be interested in this detailed Wired.com story about that accident:
The story is six pages long, but it's quite interesting and good view into the l33t and wealthy Tech sector.
Geez, the details of the accident almost make it seem like an anime scene, as in the car launched into the air by something seemingly harmless, then totalled, with one of the passengers standing next to it seemingly unhurt in the aftermath (I'm reminded of Seta from Love Hina and his various accidents in that van of his).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 11:22   Link #251
Green²
It's bacon!

And with the next oddball roundup, Elmo!

-Not known if what appeared to be just a routine traffic stop of a car in Barstow, California, heading out to somewhere in Chicago, and/or, maybe perhaps a planned raid of a year-long investigation at the city of Greeley, Colorado, of an alleged drug ringleader.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=4137
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...a/15846564.htm

Quote one official from the video, while holding up an "Tickle Me Elmo" doll,

"This a toy. And in the hands of innocent people, it's just a toy. But in the hands of sinister people, it's a concealment device to smuggle methamphetamine from California to Colorado. When you picture this toy with four pounds of methamphetamine in it, it gives it a little bit of a different context."

Needless to say, should you have ever wondered what made a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll tick, and why eager parents would climb over each other just to get one this Christmas season...
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 11:30   Link #252
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Some weeks ago a little town water supply in La Mancha (Spain) was cut down because someone mistaked the gasoline pipe with the Water one. Now, that's weird.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 11:40   Link #253
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Here's some random and some politcally slanted stuff. Some of it's not. Whatever. Enjoy.
Hmmm...I think you might have posted these in the wrong thread. I think they are better suited for the "A Laugh A Day" thread. This thread is really for Odd/Funny News items. Not funny pictures. I moved your two posts over here:

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=1774&page=60

If it's a funny picture with a news item attached to it, it's okay, but random funny pictures/graphics should probably go in the othe thread. Cheers.

/Edit: Hmmmm...now that I look through this thread a bit, there are a few funny pictures/images without any news attacted to them. Hmmm...maybe we need a separate funny pictures thread.

*scratches chin & purrs*

That might cause problems...flame wars....hmmm....
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:19   Link #254
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Richard Perle, the former Pentagon adviser regarded as the intellectual godfather of the Iraq war, said he now believes he should not have backed the U.S.-led invasion and he holds President Bush responsible for failing to make timely decisions to stem the rising violence.

source: Los Angeles Times

You have to wonder what he was thinking (or doing) when he was proposing the plan. Was he assuming it was going to be a walk in the park? Anyway, another example of planning or proposing ideas without thinking and then backing out and putting the blame on the others.
Old 2006-11-11, 09:07   Link #255
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This just came in from China.

http://en.ce.cn/National/Local/20061..._9250633.shtml

I particularly liked this line:

Quote:
On one-third of the poster is a picture of a "nurse" in a pink uniform, holding a large syringe in her hands. It has attracted many people's attention. Some passers-by even said they might have seen the "nurse" before.
This HK blog managed to get some photos of the said posters.

Spoiler for link contains NSFW pics:

I'll let the pictures do the talking, I'm not going to say anything else here, besides wondering just what did these "passers-bys" watch?

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2006-11-11 at 09:30.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 14:34   Link #256
Kensuke

Ouch!

Backside firework prank backfires

Quote:
A man suffered internal burns when he tried to launch a rocket from his bottom on Bonfire Night.

"And also the body naturally produces methane gas, so combine that with the firework and the exploding effect with methane's flammability - it certainly could have been a lot worse than it really was."
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 15:20   Link #257
Kyomi
What do I know?

When you just don't know when to quit >.>
Some people will try anything, but wasen't that one obviously going to end in a bad way.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 18:07   Link #258
Ziv

a pretty old article, but here's some pics of Sam, the three time winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition.

WARNING: not for the faint of heart
http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=10958

Unfortunately, he died november 2005 and so was unable to participate in the 2006 competition.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 20:55   Link #259
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
a pretty old article, but here's some pics of Sam, the three time winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition.

WARNING: not for the faint of heart
http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=10958

Unfortunately, he died november 2005 and so was unable to participate in the 2006 competition.
After seeing the picture, the first thing that came to my mind is that I would have liked to see the family who was taking care of that dog, maybe a relative of the family in Texas chainsaw? Still, it requires a lot of courage to take care of such a dog.

Another news (From Turkey - it is real and disgusting): A man who raped a woman offered his daughter to the husband of his victim so that he can avoid a blood feud (that usually results in the death of both the victim and the offender, and sometimes, also the relatives of the offender, so that the victim side can end up with a plus in the offense). And the other side has accepted the offer. Luckily, all of those related people are in custody right now.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-11-12 at 21:10.
Old 2006-11-16, 12:37   Link #260
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

America on the No Fly List for Next Year... !!?

From Wake Up from Your Slumber

Basically, the USA Department of Homeland Security (or HSA for short) is making attempts for the American Congress to pass legislation of laws that will require that ALL airlines and cruise lines be requested to obtain clearance for each and every passenger moving in and out from USA.

To put in simple words, let's say that law is passed. What happens next? Every USA native and citizen that wants to go in and out from US America will have to first obtain a clearance to travel. However, the catch is if the agency says "NO" to said request or fails to answer it, then the people would be allocated into the 'NO Fly' list, thus being barred by Uncle Sam either to enter or leave the country.

If said law is passed, it will take effect starting January 14th, 2007.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! (**This is sarcasm**)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor