AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 22.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-18, 12:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2015-07-18, 12:55   Link #2
Dop
Mmmm....

I gave it 7/10 - Good.

Sure, it's nothing particulary remarkable and it does depend totally on familiarity with the Suzumiyaverse (in that last episode I thought "Kyon-kun denwa!' before the phone even rang) but it was an enjoyable show to watch and a nice alternative take on the characters as regular people.

If there's enough unadapted manga and they decide to make more, I'd watch it.
Old 2015-07-18, 22:17   Link #3
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

9/10- Captures the spirit of the manga very nicely and manages to bring this universe to life through audio-visual elements. The story in the manga was faithfully adapted, so the TV series inherits both the good and the bad from the manga. While technically a modest anime from an animation, story and character growth perspective, I give effort points to Satelight for giving the manga new dimensionality, and because the soundtrack fits the anime very nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
If there's enough unadapted manga and they decide to make more, I'd watch it.
Spoiler for Information about the manga, spoilered just in case:
Old 2015-07-19, 00:07   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I have to say, I was pretty surprised.When the first episode started off, I was a bit disappointed over the character designs and all, but as it played out, it actually turned out to be quite a good watch. I guess it helped that Haruhi appeared. And compared to the original story's Haruhi, she isn't overly self-centered, which makes her so much more likeable.
They even did Endless Eight at the end. Oh the trauma of that anime, huh?

The episode number for the anime was weird though, with not 1-cour, but 1 cour + a few more episodes.

9/10

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-07-19, 04:52   Link #5
Draco Spirit

Overall a rather enjoyable series.

For the most part it was cute none offensive romance with a comic flavour. The sort of thing that's meant to be watched with a hot cup of coco and a blanket around you.

Except that's not the full story.

It also did very good and touching drama now and again, with the Disappearance Arc standing out for it's stronger focus on drama, as well as excellent director work.

It's big weakness is that it's a very different show from the original material, but you really need to watch the original to get everything.... reducing the number of people who will really enjoy it.

Overall a 8/10 and a show to rec to people who like things like Tordora and Golden Time.
Old 2015-07-19, 14:30   Link #6
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Gave it an 8/10. Enjoyable. It's not something that I would recommend people who are not already fan of this series though.
Old 2015-07-19, 16:08   Link #7
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fortunately there are already a lot of fans.
Old 2015-07-19, 18:10   Link #8
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

So I dropped this series about two-thirds of the way through. Although there were some funny moments here and there, overall, this series was (to me) exceedingly tedious to watch.

Animation Quality:
This show earns a 7/10 in animation quality. While it is different from the animation and art for its parent show, it's not objectively terrible.

Voice Actors:
If it weren't for Tomokazu Sugita, I would've dropped this show three episodes in. Really, the entire cast is really good, as expected, given that they brought together the original cast for this show. For that, it earns a 9/10

Script:
I wanted to love this show, I really did. The problem is that this show, apart from the tie to the main Haruhi Suzumiya show, is utterly unremarkable. So ... uh ... 5/10

Soundtrack:
Soundtrack is utterly unremarkable, and unforgettable. There are some cute callbacks to the original series, but meh. 5/10

Editing:
I've read much of the manga, and this show seems very true to the manga. 8/10

Enjoyment:
I just couldn't enjoy this show. I could enjoy moments of it. I could enjoy Kyon. I couldn't stand moe glasses chick, whatever her name is, and I couldn't really stand the overall blandness of this show. 3/10

Emotional Involvement:
Obviously, since I dropped the show most of the way through, I had no positive emotional involvement in it whatsoever. 2/10

When adding in half a point because of its tie-in to a series that is very near and dear to my heart, this show's final rating is a 6/10. And, here, I would venture that being tied to a universe as meaty and dense as the Haruhi-verse is this show's greatest weakness; as it is the answer to the following question: "What do you get when you remove everything that made Haruhi Suzumiya interesting?"
Old 2015-07-19, 18:20   Link #9
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Soundtrack:
Soundtrack is utterly unremarkable, and unforgettable. There are some cute callbacks to the original series, but meh. 5/10
Going to have to disagree there: the musical pieces during the disappearance arc fitted very well with the mood and conveyed Yuki's feelings very nicely. In fact, I found the variations of the original themes to be quite unremarkable, but each to their own, I suppose
Old 2015-07-19, 23:23   Link #10
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

I went in knowing exactly what I was going to get, having read the manga extensively. Was not disappointed, and it was nice to hear the old voice cast back together again. The real climactic arc of episodes 11 to 13 was pulled off superbly and was probably a huge shocker who didn't know the source material going in.

Overall, it wasn't anything groundbreaking, but a solid and enjoyable watch. 8/10
Old 2015-10-07, 17:03   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

This series left a sour taste for me..
It is quite late comment but I could sum up my disappointment in few words
Nagato is the main problem here.. Since the first episode, I could not get used to this Nagato since the original Nagato in Suzumiya series left a pretty strong impression
After several episode, I could start to accept this Nagato
BUT! They actually called the Nagato that I know in later episodes.... That is a glorious development and I admit this series become superb after that....

Then, they killed this series by putting back the "weak" Nagato again.. It is a total disappointment for me
I could say the best girls order for Kyon would be Nagato-alter > Haruhi >>> Nagato

I feel bad for Haruhi though... She is not annoying at all in here..

8/10 from me
Closed Thread