AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 22:41   Link #22221
maknaedik

Coming from a southeast Asian country, I can pretty much testify how popular gunpla is. There local contests, not official and not Bandai's, which are held about every quarter, in my estimate.

When a new kit gets released, we can get that by about 4 days, based on my experience. I can smell the freshness of it, lovely
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 00:45   Link #22222
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
When a new kit gets released, we can get that by about 4 days, based on my experience. I can smell the freshness of it, lovely
Heh. Singapore usually gets them on that day or a couple of days early. I got my Exia R2 a week early, simply because the retailers don't give a damn about release dates.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 02:05   Link #22223
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Heh. Singapore usually gets them on that day or a couple of days early. I got my Exia R2 a week early, simply because the retailers don't give a damn about release dates.
For some odd reason, I really don't get why does it take 4 days before a shipment arrives in our country I'm guessing that the reason is our customs. Most likely yours is good. I envy you.

Anyway, I've made a review of a kit, which I think is rare to see. Presenting, HGUC 1/144 Bawoo (Glemy Toto) review: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com/2...y-toto-review/
Old 2011-09-28, 05:08   Link #22224
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
For some odd reason, I really don't get why does it take 4 days before a shipment arrives in our country I'm guessing that the reason is our customs. Most likely yours is good. I envy you.

Anyway, I've made a review of a kit, which I think is rare to see. Presenting, HGUC 1/144 Bawoo (Glemy Toto) review: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com/2...y-toto-review/
Awesome, I was actually thinking of getting that model but never could find any reviews for it.
Most places only ever showed images of it, never a write up.

Great review btw, certainly did alot to show me if it's worth it or not and I think I'll pick it up before the end of the year
Old 2011-09-28, 05:19   Link #22225
pumpkins

Quote:

nice and detailed review! i've snapfitted the green variant recently. the age of the kit really shows, not sure about yours but mine have a few parts with flash and some parts don't seem to align very well.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 05:38   Link #22226
Appel

yup, very nice review indeed!^^ many photos and very informative!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:10   Link #22227
maknaedik

I'm glad that my review was able to help. I was looking all over the net for its review, but had no luck. So I thought, why not make mine? And there it is. Now I'm thinking of what to review next, I have like 7 unbuilt kits here, but two are MGs which I want to review for later and there are already tons of reviews for them. Anyway, I thank you all for visiting

@pumpkins I don't remember about the flashes because I really don't find them not until I sand the nubmarks . For misaligned parts, I think I only experienced it in the head area. The seamline just screams to me, "SEAL ME UP!". But, I'm still enjoy playing with it. I transform it back and forth whenever I had nothing to do, LOL!

Last edited by maknaedik; 2011-09-28 at 06:18. Reason: grammar errors
Old 2011-09-28, 09:51   Link #22228
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I'm glad that my review was able to help. I was looking all over the net for its review, but had no luck. So I thought, why not make mine? And there it is. Now I'm thinking of what to review next, I have like 7 unbuilt kits here, but two are MGs which I want to review for later and there are already tons of reviews for them. Anyway, I thank you all for visiting

@pumpkins I don't remember about the flashes because I really don't find them not until I sand the nubmarks . For misaligned parts, I think I only experienced it in the head area. The seamline just screams to me, "SEAL ME UP!". But, I'm still enjoy playing with it. I transform it back and forth whenever I had nothing to do, LOL!
LOL

I have these unbuilt...

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser
SD 00 Qan[T]
SD Exia R2
SD 00 7 Sword G (coming from Gundam Guy)
SD 0 Gundam (Type ACD) --> I had 2, but I made one for Gundam Guy's G-Shot thingy...

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 7 Sword G (coming from Gundam Guy)

NG Astraea

Old 2011-09-28, 10:49   Link #22229
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
LOL

I have these unbuilt...

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser
SD 00 Qan[T]
SD Exia R2
SD 00 7 Sword G (coming from Gundam Guy)
SD 0 Gundam (Type ACD) --> I had 2, but I made one for Gundam Guy's G-Shot thingy...

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 7 Sword G (coming from Gundam Guy)

NG Astraea

yould finally build one of them XD like the NG astraea or an SD kit. even if you dont have a lot of time, those can be completed in like an hour at most.
did you even ever build a model kit like that before?
and if you dont have time at all then you might want to ask yourself if this is the right hobby for you. because otherwise you just pay a lot of money for unfinished kits that will collect dust but never get built!

personally i have one armored core model lying around unfinished right now :P and i dont see myself finishing it any time soon^^
Old 2011-09-28, 11:39   Link #22230
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yould finally build one of them XD like the NG astraea or an SD kit. even if you dont have a lot of time, those can be completed in like an hour at most.
did you even ever build a model kit like that before?
and if you dont have time at all then you might want to ask yourself if this is the right hobby for you. because otherwise you just pay a lot of money for unfinished kits that will collect dust but never get built!

personally i have one armored core model lying around unfinished right now :P and i dont see myself finishing it any time soon^^
I made the SD O Gundam like I mentioned.

=P

I had purchased 2 of them.

And yea I know that I don't have much time, but I sometimes get a day or 2 off during the week. I usually work 7 days a week, 12 hours a week....

Tiring, but whatever money I can get, ya know? I'm looking for a better job though.

ANYWAY~~

=P

I will finish them one day. I'm sure. I don't plan on GunPla'ing for that much longer. The 00 series of kits is pretty much all I wanted. I might get from the AGE series, and maybe the Unicorn ones, but that's it.

I have made model kits before...

I used to have:

SD Freedom
SD Justice
SD Exia
SD 00 Gundam
MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG God
HG Exia R2
HG O Gundam (Type ACD)

I made those, built it, tried painting but failed horribly, and sold them after I got mad...LOL

So as you can see from the list of kits I currently have, I did re-buy a lot of them.
Old 2011-09-28, 11:44   Link #22231
Appel

ah ok^^
its a shame that you sold them because of a failed paintjob. how did you try to do it?
Old 2011-09-28, 11:44   Link #22232
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
ah ok^^
its a shame that you sold them because of a failed paintjob. how did you try to do it?
Gundam Marker only... no masking tape, no primer, no top coat... >_>
Old 2011-09-28, 12:26   Link #22233
Appel

Quote:
Gundam Marker only... no masking tape, no primer, no top coat... >_>
yeah, i can see how that went wrong :T painting stuff with a marker only is a giant pain in the butt for me as well, especially without a primer. the paint just doesnt stay on in an even manner.
this DOES work well with metallic markers though! metallic paint has real metal pigments in it and metal doesnt let through any light. thats why metal paints are usually pretty easy to apply and they stick very well even to smooth surfaces^^
thats why i was able to paint my HG avalanche exia' in gold, silver and copper without using a primer. i also love to use fine gold, silver and copper markers to apply some details to kits. works like a treat!
Old 2011-09-28, 12:29   Link #22234
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ahh. I finally finished my NT-1 Alex with some minor painting.

Spoiler for you really want to see?:

I love those gatling arms. They're little but deadly.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:11   Link #22235
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ahh. I finally finished my NT-1 Alex with some minor painting.

Spoiler for you really want to see?:

I love those gatling arms. They're little but deadly.
I'd rather have Gundams that have ridiculously huge haxorz weapons & abilities that are equally deadly and broken in balance...

Example?

Quantum Bust Mode - GN Buster Sword (Trans-Am Mode)
Wing Zero Custom's - Twin Buster Rifle
Strike Freedom - mega rainbow beam haxorz
Old 2011-09-28, 13:23   Link #22236
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quantum Bust Mode - GN Buster Sword (Trans-Am Mode)
Wing Zero Custom's - Twin Buster Rifle
Strike Freedom - mega rainbow beam haxorz
Yeah, but those weapons are near fantastical .

Alex is a UC Gundam that took more real approach in its weapons (beam sabers notwithstanding).
Old 2011-09-28, 13:34   Link #22237
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, but those weapons are near fantastical .

Alex is a UC Gundam that took more real approach in its weapons (beam sabers notwithstanding).
exactly, and thats what i love about the early UC gundams and the UC grunt suits so much. they actually have a militaristic feel to them because their weapons arent that insanely overpowered!
i really like the ReZEL for example. or the RX-79(G) ground type gundam.

you also did an awesome job on that alex by the way!^^ thats how its supposed to look!
Old 2011-09-28, 14:04   Link #22238
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
you also did an awesome job on that alex by the way!^^ thats how its supposed to look!
Thanks. It’s really been a while since I assemble an MG. Oh yeah, Alex comes with its armor too. I haven’t build it coz it seems like once you put the armor on, it’ll be kinda difficult to take off. Alex looks good this way, but it also look good with its armor on. Damn, I really hope that Bandai would make Ver. 2.0 of Alex with better articulation so that I can put the armor on this one!

Ok, my next assembling victim is.... I don’t know what to choose. 1/100 Chaos Gundam, MG Ingram 1 ‘Alphonse’ or HG Gundam Aesculapius?

Yup, UC mechas are the most real of them all. They have LOOoong history and the newer mecha designs looks cool (even the grunts and cannon-fodders). I love’em.
Old 2011-09-28, 17:35   Link #22239
maknaedik

@xxnike629xx Your kits didn't surprise me knowing that you're a 00 die hard fan

As for me, my unbuilt kits are:
MG Sinanju ver KA
MG Zaku II 2.0 (Char's)
HG 1/144 Sinanju
HG 1/100 Leopard-D
HG 1/100 Virsago
HG 1/100 Maxter
NG 1/100 Nebular Blitz

And next month, I'll be getting the limited version Trans-Raiser MG and HG Genoace. That's why I think I should start and build 2 kits per month so at least they'll be lesser.

It's true, UC is the universe that tried to be as real as possible. Unfortunately, it doesn't appeal me that much. I like weapons that are far from the real thing.

About the Alex, I actually haven't watched that OVA yet, even the MG IGLOO. I'm planning on watching them, but have no such time at the moment. I think that Duel's Assault Shroud was based on Alex's armor right?
Old 2011-09-28, 17:42   Link #22240
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
@xxnike629xx Your kits didn't surprise me knowing that you're a 00 die hard fan

As for me, my unbuilt kits are:
MG Sinanju ver KA
MG Zaku II 2.0 (Char's)
HG 1/144 Sinanju
HG 1/100 Leopard-D
HG 1/100 Virsago
HG 1/100 Maxter
NG 1/100 Nebular Blitz

And next month, I'll be getting the limited version Trans-Raiser MG and HG Genoace. That's why I think I should start and build 2 kits per month so at least they'll be lesser.

It's true, UC is the universe that tried to be as real as possible. Unfortunately, it doesn't appeal me that much. I like weapons that are far from the real thing.

About the Alex, I actually haven't watched that OVA yet, even the MG IGLOO. I'm planning on watching them, but have no such time at the moment. I think that Duel's Assault Shroud was based on Alex's armor right?
LOL

My back log is pretty bad isn't it...

And to think that Bandai might (I hope) get us a MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, SD Astraea, etc.

>_<

I hope they give us a few more 00 series kits.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy