AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 20:03   Link #261
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

WB is pretty sick even though he drinks all that beer and shanks is still pretty strong even without his arm.....I wonder how strong he was with both of his arms.....hmmmm
Elemental-Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 07:44   Link #262
sleroux
seigaku substitute

shanks became stronger with the lost of his arm,

he would pobably still lose to whitey 1 on 1

but his crew would help him win the battles

Benn Beckman - him and shanks are like luffy and zoro,
so he may be as strong as shanks

fatty Lucky Roux - suppose to be the fastest on grandline

Yasopp - rumor has it that he could make semi-apocalyptic weapon in lite version
how cool is that!!

And that drooling guy is scary too

the redhair piratecrew is definitely the strongest on grandline
sleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 13:01   Link #263
Climhazard
Funk Freed

The thing that bothers me is why hasnt Shanks or WB crew found one piece yet?

One piece is what all pirates strive for right?
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 16:26   Link #264
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
the 2 strongest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental-Magus
yeah what was it in.....hm i rmember the World goverment gatting really scared cuz Shanks and WB were meeting up for something so yeah shanks must be pretty damn strong, and WB went toe to toe with Gold Roger and tied so yeah WB and Shanks are probably the strongest pirates on the Grandline.

that is not a stupid suggestion when i think about it.
since WB is the strongest man alive and is the man closest to obtain the one piece (as buggy says in a episode) then he must be one of or THE most powerfull
pirate on grandline.

and since the WG fear a meeting between WB and Shanks, then that must meen that Shanks is also very powerfull, maybe one of the most powerfull(not powerfull as WB but still...) just think, the messenger from Shanks named "rockstar" had a 98mill bounty on him, and he seemed very humble before Shanks and he was also a rookie member of his crew.

and i wonder even more why no one has been on Raftel (the last island on grandline) as the legend says...
not even WB or Shanks for that matter.. there must be something really terrible that is on or around that island.
i guess its the weather around the island, an orcano all year around maybe.
cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 18:44   Link #265
S_C_L-1

^ another thing that bothers me, what happened to the rest of Rogers crew?
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 15:25   Link #266
tidus0728

Quote:
and i wonder even more why no one has been on Raftel (the last island on grandline) as the legend says...
not even WB or Shanks for that matter.. there must be something really terrible that is on or around that island.
i guess its the weather around the island, an orcano all year around maybe.
I'm certain there was an explanatio at the beggining of Grandline that raftel is surrounded with huge cyclones and whirlpool(can't remember exactly), I'm thinking anything that prevents from smooth sailing surrounds Raftel so WB or Shanks can't reach it.

Maybe the path only opens to the person who carrys the name D.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 15:44   Link #267
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Maybe the path only opens to the person who carrys the name D.
if thats true then whitebeard should have already opened it since he haded 2 people with D. in thier names, even the marines could done that because they also haded 1 with D. in his name ...

Quote:
I'm certain there was an explanatio at the beggining of Grandline that raftel is surrounded with huge cyclones and whirlpool(can't remember exactly), I'm thinking anything that prevents from smooth sailing surrounds Raftel so WB or Shanks can't reach it.
they only places that the mentioned raftel where in ep 44-47 (not sure which one) when luffy was in the bar and ep 61-65 (not sure which one also) when luffy met the old man at the entrance of the grandline (but he didn't explain anything about raftel other than all route gather togather and go to raftel)

the man on the bar maybe mentioned something like that .. but he was talking about it like story without being sure since no one ever returned from thier and talked about it. and i don't think roger taked about it either.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:30   Link #268
tidus0728

Quote:
if thats true then whitebeard should have already opened it since he haded 2 people with D. in thier names, even the marines could done that because they also haded 1 with D. in his name ...
Mabe there is several condition that has to be met and having a person with name D was one of them.
Old 2006-10-02, 17:44   Link #269
S_C_L-1

^ or maybe it just has nothing to do with it...

im guessing that D is for "Defender"

as in defending the morals of the lost continent or something...

also, just a thought, have we seen any D's with hair of another color than black?

since a pure-blooded japanese always has black hair, it could have been an inspiration of sorts for a characteristic of the ppl of the lost continent.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 22:55   Link #270
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
in the anime and the manga when doctor clover was taking with the WG when he was about to say the name of the ancients civilization that the WG destroyed a long time ago he got a shot without being able to say it ... but i think it will be name D. name

so maybe the name D. is traditional way of naming the people who lived there .. even the clans ..

about raftel when the war 800 to 1000 years ago started between this civilization and WG. their technology and science where more advanced than the WG .. and i think their civilization exited in Grandline, the strong countries at that time gathered and created alliance to destroy that civilization because they where afraid of it science and ideals .. and they won .. most likely buster call was created at that time ..

but the question is where the lived !!? i think they where the ones who created the Gate of justice (most likely it name wasn't that) and eneis lobby .. but i think those islands where there stronghold .. and not the main city .. so what about if their main city was in raftel .. and before the evacuate from their homes in raftel they activated something to protect reftel from falling to WG .. and only a selected clan can open the way to raftel.

so D. can mean:
1- that his clan used to leave in that country ??
2- he belongs to the highest clan in that country ??
3- something else...
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 17:47   Link #271
tidus0728

Quote:
2- he belongs to the highest clan in that country ??
I would think so too.
I'm thinking, name D. was the name of Royal family that ruled ancient country.
and I have a feeling they escaped to another dimention to escape from WG and waiting for a one to carry the will of D. (Since in japanese manga, or game, when ever they have an ancient race with incredible scince, that was destroyed/vanished, almost always they moved to different dimention and waits for te right person.)
Old 2006-10-10, 08:26   Link #272
RonaldC

How can you guys know how Shanks fights? There haven't been scenes that show Shanks fighting, yet.
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:21   Link #273
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldC View Post
How can you guys know how Shanks fights? There haven't been scenes that show Shanks fighting, yet.
True, the only thing we really know is that people fear him in one way or another. The same applies to Sea Kings it seems.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 18:14   Link #274
tidus0728

Appearently Whitebeard and Red Hair Shanks are the most powerful pirates second only to Gold D. Roger. That alone is enough to strike fear into people even if they don't know the fighting style of them. (Look at Whitebeard, he is ill and needs all those nurse to take care of him, but its certain he is still powerful without a doubt.)
Old 2006-10-12, 20:05   Link #275
Undertaker

The menga never mention anthing like that. They only mentioned that when Roger and his crew is still alive, Whitebeard is the only pirate that can go head to head with them and Whitebeard himself is the only one that can fight Roger in a stalemate but they didn't reach the end of the Grand Line like Roger did. Thus, based on that reason, Whitebeard is currently the most powerful pirate in OP world.

As for Shanks, it was never mentioned how powerful the Red Hair pirate is nor how strong Shank personally is. Not to mention Roger most likely died before Shanks even had his own crew.

Is Red Hair Pirate one of the strongest pirate around, yes, based on the way WG want to prevent Shanks meeting Whitebeard. But as for Red Hair to be second only to Roger is absurb. I doubt Red Hair Priate is even second only to Whitebeard at this time based on how Whitebeard thinks so little of Shanks and demand Shanks to personally go see him before he's will to talk.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 23:32   Link #276
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Shanks dueling with Mihawk is sure something
newbie with 95 000 000 bounty
and inviting whirebeard to some busness is pretty enough
I might think that Shanks is Shik... forgot this world, the thing that Crocodile was
Old 2006-10-21, 09:16   Link #277
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Shanks dueling with Mihawk is sure something
newbie with 95 000 000 bounty
and inviting whirebeard to some busness is pretty enough
I might think that Shanks is Shik... forgot this word, the thing that Crocodile was
94mill bounty and its shichibuktai i guess.

but i agree with what many have said that shanks is strong, but not so strong that he is a rival to whitebeard(even thou his getting very old, it seems)

And when the goverment had a meeting with the shibuktai after crocodiles death.
it seemed that mihawk is much stronger than Do flamingo and that guy with the bible, so shanks must be far beyond(correct word ) them too (not faaaar but at least 100 mill highter)

Last edited by cp9; 2006-10-21 at 09:47.
cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 17:06   Link #278
regasatanum

Is Shanks that strong?

I think its time to change the topic to "Is Shanks the strongest? "

regasatanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 21:42   Link #279
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Nope, Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, because it is stated that Mihawk fought Shanks and Whitebeard and yet he still retain's the Title World's greatest swordsman!!!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 22:09   Link #280
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Well, if Whitebeard is someone whose one foot is already in the deads' realm, then two injured swordsman can fight all they want, neither will be stronger than mihawk, especially if they weren't stronger when they were not injured.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote