AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 19:06   Link #161
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Production value was pretty good and the first episode has exceeded my expectations (which was very low), so I'll at least watch another episode of it.

Though I'm completely sold just on Hideyoshi himself. His body pillowcase is starting to look great now.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:14   Link #162
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Production value was pretty good and the first episode has exceeded my expectations (which was very low), so I'll at least watch another episode of it.

Though I'm completely sold just on Hideyoshi himself. His body pillowcase is starting to look great now.

ah yea just like with Mako-chan from Minami-ke, this is one of them times where I see a image where I forget or just completely ignore the fact its a "he" and think its a "she"
Old 2010-01-08, 19:40   Link #163
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:

It's funnier because the series completely unsubtly piles on the man love. The novel makes it even more explicit on Akihisa's part.
"To have such appearance is our Kinoshita Hideyoshi. He is part of our class, and is the reason why I start to disregard gender when it comes to love."

So the fact that he has such a deep voice weirds me out. Basically my image had Hideyoshi's and Kouta's voices switched.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:57   Link #164
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

I think his hips are a bit too feminine, lol. It would be amusing if Hideyoshi is one of those change-body-appearance-at-will traps.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:58   Link #165
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Man, there's something about this anime that feels like im being pulled into a v***** and I don't wanna let go.

(Other words it's awesome!)

As a side note, I really wanna meet a "proper" trap in real life. I wonder how that would turn out.

And lastly if anyones played any Fire Emblem games, if they start pulling out special attacks like that in this anime (because it's so suited for it) i'd collapse from the epicness. I wish the main character wasn't a mental retard though because it's hard to relate to him at all. Well with how stupid he is anyway I wouldn't want to. D=

I wish that class rep guy was the main character! Or the trap!
The main character is kinda irritating for me too. No not kinda his surely is irritating. Its funny and fun that his comedic and all but when the time is right. Please put your act together and not make a fool of yourself.....

its kinda irritating if it just being.......

Quote:

OKAY I FORGOT THAT HIS A HE AND NOT A SHE

Are you sure that's hideyoshi or its just his sister.

I think in the novel the way they describe it. I would have imagine his sister to have deep voice and him have a soft one. But not to girlie. But then again I kinda like his voice now. It differentiate from his sister. Which is very hard to tell apart.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:59   Link #166
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

In terms of appearance, can we tell the siblings apart?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:17   Link #167
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
I dont have much free time right now so let me ask..... is this any good so far?
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:20   Link #168
Midonin
Last Engage

There's the past three pages of this thread.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:29   Link #169
babohtea

Question: Is this meant only to be a comedy?
Are the "summoner fights" basically "higher scoring class auto wins"?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:53   Link #170
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
So the fact that he has such a deep voice weirds me out. Basically my image had Hideyoshi's and Kouta's voices switched.
A higher voice might have worked, but not like Kouta's, man. Kouta's voice fits him way too well. Kinda like if you zapped a dirty old man with an age reduction beam.

Plus Kouta's actually voiced by a guy and Hideyoshi's actually voiced by a girl. XD

EDIT: In the meantime, fanart is starting to trickle in. Not much so far, but there are some pretty epic main cast images.

Excess of Himeji is purely because I didn't find any great images of other characters... except Hideyoshi but someone else can post those, I'm on a trap-free image diet at the moment.

Still waiting on some good Minami-chan art...
Old 2010-01-08, 21:47   Link #171
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Question: Is this meant only to be a comedy?
Are the "summoner fights" basically "higher scoring class auto wins"?
if you have good tactic you can win against higher class. Class F is not totally worthless because they also got some good member beside Mizuki (including Yoshii)

I won't tell more detail but you can read the novel if you want to know
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 22:40   Link #172
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This was one of my most anticipated series going into the season, and I wasn't disappointed. Just enough Shaft influence but not over the top, which is how I prefer it. A nice combination of dumb and really smart humor. Really great ED, best of the season so far. Unusual and really eye-catching character designs. A trap. What more could anyone ask from a comedy series, really? Believe it or not, I think there's even some validity to the social commentary the premise is based on, too.

Edit: Best moment of the season so far for me was, "Why was I the only one with a transformation sequence?" However, based on said sequence, one would almost be forced to conclude that Hideyoshi is actually the rarely-sighted Double-Reverse Trap...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 22:52   Link #173
Azuma Denton
~AD~

There is something bugs from eps 1...
Yuuji says "I wanna prove to the world that grades arent everything"

In the end, he still relies on Himeji that scores high grades on recovery exam to win the battle...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 23:20   Link #174
Xacual

The only problem with the first episode was that it really kind of disrupted the whole strategy that Yuuji had going in the novel. There was a lot more to the wars in the novel but I assume they want to do the A class fight to introduce that other character...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:03   Link #175
Fandal

Is Hideyoshi a trap who doesn't really want to be a trap but the entire cast has other plans for him and are forcing him to be a trap?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:52   Link #176
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
A higher voice might have worked, but not like Kouta's, man. Kouta's voice fits him way too well. Kinda like if you zapped a dirty old man with an age reduction beam.

Plus Kouta's actually voiced by a guy and Hideyoshi's actually voiced by a girl. XD
I thought Emiri Katou tried too hard. XD

Quote:
EDIT: In the meantime, fanart is starting to trickle in. Not much so far, but there are some pretty epic main cast images.

Excess of Himeji is purely because I didn't find any great images of other characters... except Hideyoshi but someone else can post those, I'm on a trap-free image diet at the moment.
Himeji's voice breaks my ears. I can't imagine a girl so high-pitched in regular conversation.

Anyway, I soften my stance and will give ep2 a try. Intros never really make good impressions on me.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 01:21   Link #177
Nosauz

main frustration with the series is that although the psuedo sprites fighting is funny/cute/cute/cute the battles themselves seem fairly simplistic 'march down a corridor' and really don't freature any real wiggle room for tactics or anything that could make "grades" be not as valueable. Since it seems to be a simple attacker deals damage first things.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 01:25   Link #178
typhonsentra

I really wish they'd of gotten the explanation of Yoshi's special ability out of the way in the last episode. The heavy exposition explaining how the battles work really slowed this episode down. I think I might've been a little bit confused had I not already been familiar with the source material going in.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 02:01   Link #179
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Well, that's some interesting information. I understand that many of the male characters in anime are voiced by female seiyu. But a girl character voiced by a man? And I didn't even notice a bit? Wow, why did they do it?

I don't quit get why so many people are concerned with the technical details of the fights. Well, I am no novel reader. But I guess the gist of the show is that the main male will gradually build his harem through defeating other classes in those summoning wars, not defeating other classes while building harems. The premise of the whole show is ridiculously enough already. I don't quite see why something built upon that very premise is going to make whole lot sense.

I actually hope they don't get too much details into those summoning wars because they are kind of boring.
Old 2010-01-09, 02:47   Link #180
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Classroom wars reminded me so much of School Rumble....

Pretty okay-ish, but still waiting for this show to break out of the pack. And what was up with the old Grand Theft Auto style viewpoint? lol. Still, it was easily the most fun first episode of the new anime season for me.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen