Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-12, 12:59   Link #1281
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Just to make something clear. Eris leaving is direct consequence of their encounter with Orsted. If that didn't happen, she wouldn't feel inadequate and wouldn't ever even consider leaving to seek strenght protect Rudeus.
But I don't get how someone can feel inadequate after being defeated by a dragon god. Like, what did she expect? Did she expect to hold him off at her current level? It's not like anybody would complain. Does she really have such giant ego that doesn't allow her to accept that she lost to a Dragon God?
Old 2021-12-12, 13:01   Link #1282
magnuskn

Well, then. Good for Rudy and, then, bad for him as well. At least he legit got laid, so I think that goes in the plus side of things overall. And he was very considerate of Eris emotional state as well.

I kinda guess from the interaction between Rudjerd and Eris that she thinks she needs to train herself to stand up to Orsted. I hope we get some insight into her thought process. That her letter wasn't exactly, uh, well written pretty much is quite like her personality overall, since she's just so bad at expressing her feelings and compensates with blunt statements.
Old 2021-12-12, 13:33   Link #1283
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But I don't get how someone can feel inadequate after being defeated by a dragon god. Like, what did she expect? Did she expect to hold him off at her current level? It's not like anybody would complain. Does she really have such giant ego that doesn't allow her to accept that she lost to a Dragon God?
Yes, she has that big ego. Did you forget she thought hunting S rank dragon could be fun just few hours before? And even if we put aside her alone, she probably thought there is nothing they can't face as long as they are together.

That said even if she was rational creature instead of, well...Eris, Rudy almost died there and nothing make you realise how weak you are then being pitted into situation where you are completely helpless.
Old 2021-12-12, 13:49   Link #1284
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yes, she has that big ego. Did you forget she thought hunting S rank dragon could be fun just few hours before? And even if we put aside her alone, she probably thought there is nothing they can't face as long as they are together.

That said even if she was rational creature instead of, well...Eris, Rudy almost died there and nothing make you realise how weak you are then being pitted into situation where you are completely helpless.
Yep. Giant ego confirmed. That's all I need.
Old 2021-12-12, 14:07   Link #1285
Frontier

I think it's "warrior's pride" than a giant ego, but I guess pride is an ego thing .
Old 2021-12-12, 16:06   Link #1286
Tenzen12

I think Eris still had inflated ego and that she got wake up call.
Old 2021-12-12, 16:18   Link #1287
Frontier

Quote:
Maybe not just that. After how she almost lost Rudeus she might not think she can be around him if she's not able to protect him 100%.
Old 2021-12-12, 16:34   Link #1288
VDZ

Quote:
Just to make something clear. Eris leaving is direct consequence of their encounter with Orsted. If that didn't happen, she wouldn't feel inadequate and wouldn't ever even consider leaving to seek strenght protect Rudeus. Eris and Rudeus separating and impact it left on him is what made "Turning point 2" a turning point.

Anime didn't really made it clear and there were lot people who called that previous episode inconsequential, which to be fair there indeed wasn't any obvious consequences until this one.
That still makes this episode the turning point, not the previous one. One could argue the Orsted defeat was a turning point for Eris, but from Rudeus' and the audience's perspective this episode was where things collapsed. From last episode, things could've still gone in various directions (she could've talked about it to the party (and possibly gotten convinced not to leave), she could've done it before Ruijerd left leaving Rudy not completely alone, etc). Only now did the story hit a point where a change of direction is inevitable.

It almost feels like the episode titles were swapped, with the episode in which their dreams were crushed and they had to face reality being 'Turning Point 2' while the episode where everything collapsed and the story suddenly changes direction is called 'Dreams/Reality'.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 16:34   Link #1289
Tenzen12

Not maybe, that's definitely true, but it's also separate matter. She doesn't have inflated ego now, but she still want be able protect him next time this level of opponent shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
That still makes this episode the turning point, not the previous one. One could argue the Orsted defeat was a turning point for Eris, but from Rudeus' and the audience's perspective this episode was where things collapsed. From last episode, things could've still gone in various directions (she could've talked about it to the party (and possibly gotten convinced not to leave), she could've done it before Ruijerd left leaving Rudy not completely alone, etc). Only now did the story hit a point where a change of direction is inevitable.

It almost feels like the episode titles were swapped, with the episode in which their dreams were crushed and they had to face reality being 'Turning Point 2' while the episode where everything collapsed and the story suddenly changes direction is called 'Dreams/Reality'.
That's distinction without a difference. If you feel that way, then feel free keep at it.
Old 2021-12-12, 16:41   Link #1290
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Hmmm... I'm not sure I'd call it an inflated ego. I mean, Ruijierd just complemented her on how far she'd come and that she shouldn't get complacent just because she improved a little. Like the dragon in last ep, I felt it was less "I can beat that dragon" and more "I want to test my strength against the dragon.", but that might be me.

Honestly, I don't see any difference outside of maybe having a higher goal to reach. She always strived to improve herself, and was never complacent in her training, as she still wanted to reach Ruijierd's level. Even if she didn't encounter Orsted, would have still needed to get away from the whole marriage thing and would have left with Ghislaine anyway, since she'd be the only one to help her get stronger.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 16:44   Link #1291
magnuskn

It's not like she couldn't have gone with Rudeus to search for his mother or something like that. Ah, well, "improving yourself for the one you love" is a common trope as well.
Old 2021-12-12, 16:45   Link #1292
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmmm... I'm not sure I'd call it an inflated ego. I mean, Ruijierd just complemented her on how far she'd come and that she shouldn't get complacent just because she improved a little. Like the dragon in last ep, I felt it was less "I can beat that dragon" and more "I want to test my strength against the dragon.", but that might be me.

Honestly, I don't see any difference outside of maybe having a higher goal to reach. She always strived to improve herself, and was never complacent in her training, as she still wanted to reach Ruijierd's level. Even if she didn't encounter Orsted, would have still needed to get away from the whole marriage thing and would have left with Ghislaine anyway, since she'd be the only one to help her get stronger.
I don't think that's the case. If that battle never happen then she would leave with Rudeus instead. They might even get married with Ghislain help. Either way Eris would never willingly separate from Rudeus if she didn't feel pressure to get stronger for any cost
Old 2021-12-12, 17:27   Link #1293
Tenzen12

Previous episode was Turning point 2. This episode is called Dream and Reality and Turning point 1 was 8th episode of previous season and it was when mana disaster that transported all people happened
Old 2021-12-12, 17:37   Link #1294
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not just the ego thing. But with how Rudeus reacted afterwards.

Anyone else, they would pray to never run into the dragon god again.
But Rudeus instead is thinking of what to do the next time they might have to fight him again.

Every step of the journey, to Eris, Rudeus has always been one step ahead of her. And this was the closest she's ever been to losing him. So she feels she will never get to his level if she just sticks with him.

Eris set GET!
Sex scene was a bit awkwardly animated, but I guess that's the point.
Wonder how much people still hang on Rudy's 'soul' being older in all this. In this situation, its Eris that 'pushed him down' in the first place.
Old 2021-12-12, 17:52   Link #1295
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Ruijerd found out about the curse and was happy to know that it was disappearing (I wish they explained more about the spears in the anime, like in the manga, but that's okay), Ruijerd said goodbye to Eris and Rudeus and These They met Ghislaine and Alphonse, who gave them bad news, and then Eris and Rudeus became adults and she went on a trip, I know what happens because I read the novel, but this was a big blow for Rudeus, to see that they will animate the next chapter.
To ask; Will the anime have another season? how has it been in sales?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 17:57   Link #1296
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Previous episode was Turning point 2. This episode is called Dream and Reality and Turning point 1 was 8th episode of previous season and it was when mana disaster that transported all people happened
Odd, when I watched it on Hulu this morning it was Labeled Turning Point, but oh well, thanks.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 18:37   Link #1297
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Wonder how much people still hang on Rudy's 'soul' being older in all this. In this situation, its Eris that 'pushed him down' in the first place.
After years of transparent hinting that he wanted to do her. When an older guy does that to a 15 year old (younger when they met) in our world, the guy tends to get arrested for it.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 19:15   Link #1298
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
After years of transparent hinting that he wanted to do her. When an older guy does that to a 15 year old (younger when they met) in our world, the guy tends to get arrested for it.
Granted she had no way of knowing how mentally older he is.
Old 2021-12-12, 20:08   Link #1299
Tenzen12

That makes it arguably worse, but let's be honest, Rudy never get to became proper adult in his previous life and this one he came from brat to young man in relatively natural way, through process of experiencing hardships. His relationship with Eris also isn't predatory in any way.
Old 2021-12-12, 20:17   Link #1300
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There's going to be a serious misunderstanding from the socially inept Rudeus isn't it?

Tags
drama, isekai