AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-25, 12:52   Link #61
Tenzen12

I think it's entirely possible Wein wouldn't rush so much to sell his kingdom if he could marry whoever he wants. That said given circumistances selling kingdom might be simply better for everyone involved.
Old 2022-01-25, 12:55   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This does seem to further cement the idea of why Wein would like to sell off the Kingdom. As things stand he can't marry Ninym without some huge issues rising up from it. Thankfully Ninym realized that threatening to end herself in front of the Princess was taking it a bit far .

It does seem like Ninym is willing to hold the position she has. That being Wein's heart is enough for her. But, yeah I'm really not comfortable saying that Wein feels about that the same way. While I'm sure getting rid of all the weighty responsibilities on his shoulders is a factor. It does seem like there's a lot more to his desire to leave it all behind.

At least the moves at play here are a bit more obvious by the end of the episode. Lowa is taking Wein's suggestion at face value. Clearly she's making moves to drag Natra into a war with the Empire. The battle will be whether or not Wein can slip out of it. Obviously the guy that has his eyes set on Lowa and Antgatal will be key. I'm just not sure which way this is going to go. Certainly would make things tougher on Wein to get out of his plans to sell off the Kingdom if it is both at war with the Empire and actually does well at that. But Wein finding a way to win and slip out of this situation before it gets out of hand seems possible.

Funny enough though that Wein kind of has created his own path to ending up with Ninym. Selling off his country and leaving it all behind is an option. But he could simply take his suggestion to Lowa. Start a war and change the customs. If Ninym's heritage is an issue then do some crazy stuff that will change that. I think that's a more likely result for the story than the guy ever managing to actually sell off his country.
Old 2022-01-25, 14:40   Link #63
grecefar

Well you reap what you sow, but then again he didn't imagined she was the princess of the empire, now it's a game on how he can slip away of this, looking foward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 16:34   Link #64
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I expected more of a gag series but this is getting kind of interesting. Their continent looks like a Rorschach test inkblot though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 16:39   Link #65
Random14

Guess they are keeping up this crazy pace of one volume every two episodes (and no opening or ending song this time even). Too bad, there are several lines I wish they had kept in for the sake of greater detail and insight. Like Wein is a big fan of that last king of Antgatal, since he succeeded at what Wein's trying to do (sell out his kingdom), not that he can say that in front of his sister. Although the late king had different probably better motives than Wein (or at least what Wein says are his reasons).

Lowa sure shakes things up and threatens to drag Wein into even more trouble, but then that is what he advised her to do, though he didn't realize the level she was playing at. There are lots of comparisons between them, Wein and Lowa, how both are schemers but also both are in their ways fighting against the culture of the continent. Officially Wein is lazy but he doesn't sound like he's happy with the way things are either.

Poor Falanya, feeling left behind. She'd love to have Ninym as her official big sister-in-law (though she's already that in all but name), but yeah, Ninym knows politics prevents that. Natra's location doesn't help, since it has to pull off a balancing act between the two sides of the continent, and the racism against the Flahm is much worse in the western half.

I'm never quite sure how much Wein and Ninym have told each other, they're obviously the most important person to each other but there are also lots of circumstances involved. Ninym's resigned to how things will play out (as a prince Wein was always most likely to marry another noble), and it is part of her duties as his aide (and bodyguard). They exchange a lot of barbs, and even when he's alone with her, hard to tell if he's hiding some ideas even from her.

Too bad we only get a glimpse of their academy days, looked like they all enjoyed it, but then that was before they had more responsibilities. Well, Lowa probably means well (considering who she targeted back in the day), looking forward to Wein and Lowa playing off against each other (and Ninym acting as referee).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 17:19   Link #66
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This constant point of the Flahm race being lesser/lower class than normal people needs to be brought to the table. I was okay with it in passing, but every episode seems to address this as an plot point in some way, yet they have not put into perspective anything regarding the reason for their persecution. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, but it feels like its hard to understand the full gravity of it without some kind of background information. I expected to get at least a glimpse of something, but nothing as of yet.

Also, a bit late, but I always smh when fighters are able to cut through metal armor(Wein cutting the general in ep2). Gotta thank Maria the Virgin Witch for highlight that discrepancy for me every time =0v...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 19:53   Link #67
leongsh
Daijoubu!

After the 3rd episode, it is conclusive to me that they are really speeding through the material. That said, there appears to be some depth to it despite what seems comedic in most parts so far. I'm now curious how this series shapes up and thus, will be following to the end of the season.

It looks like Wein may have been initially setting up to "sell off" the country to the Empire so that he would not need to bear the responsibility of ruling an impoverished country. In this episode however, if Lowa was really serious about the marriage proposal, this would have put paid to Wein running away from the responsibility of ruling as it would tie him down with the Imperial family.

Ninym has revealed what is probably one of the key reasons why Wein wants to ditch his role as successor to the throne, other than wanting to laze about and have a comfortable life (if not luxurious), it's that if Wein becomes a private citizen, he can get to marry Ninym - his heart. Even if he had to continue as the ruler of Natra and would be required to marry politically, she will always be the one that he loves.

Now with Lowa entering back into his life, she will be trouble for him - yanking him into the Empire's succession troubles that she is involved in. Life is going to get complicated and interesting for Wein, Ninym, and Natra.

p.s. Curious whether Nanaki, the Flahm bodyguard of Princess Falanya, is male or female. Was it mentioned before? Nanaki has androgynous looks. I am presuming male on the assumption that they assign Flahms of opposite gender to the one they are protecting.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 21:07   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
p.s. Curious whether Nanaki, the Flahm bodyguard of Princess Falanya, is male or female. Was it mentioned before? Nanaki has androgynous looks. I am presuming male on the assumption that they assign Flahms of opposite gender to the one they are protecting.
Seems female to me...
Old 2022-01-25, 21:09   Link #69
grecefar

the voice of nanaki sounds male to me.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 22:57   Link #70
moridin84
Custom User Title

The past conversation was really forced.

There are all sorts of ways to enact social upheaval. Him suggesting to start a war doesn't make sense since he thinks she is a normal noble, and even as a princess it's only viable because of the potential civil war.

And him saying "I won't help you unless you forced me to do so" is also nonsensical.

It's like the author thought "people will hate the princess for making him to help her, so I'll throw in this conversation that makes it justified".

Last edited by moridin84; 2022-01-26 at 00:12.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 23:56   Link #71
Tenzen12

I disagree. While social change can take many forms, violence is always easiest way.,especially as establishment tend to suppress new thoughts.

As for "I won't help you, unless you force me" is perfectly in line with his character as well as with relationships they had.
Old 2022-01-26, 03:02   Link #72
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I disagree. While social change can take many forms, violence is always easiest way.,especially as establishment tend to suppress new thoughts.

As for "I won't help you, unless you force me" is perfectly in line with his character as well as with relationships they had.
How would a normal noble have the ability to start a war and use that to enact social reform?

Even if the solution to MY problem was to start a war, you'd be stupid to recommend it to me because I don't have the ability to start wars.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 06:53   Link #73
Tenzen12

Historically even slave were able start war. You don't need really status for that. Also you are not Lowa what it matter if YOU could> She in other hand were proven quite charismatic and capable roping multiple talented people take part in her small wars against crimminals and such.
Old 2022-01-28, 10:31   Link #74
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 04:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 11:06   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Her arm is covering the side boob, but we've still got the thigs and black stockings .
Old 2022-01-28, 20:39   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Historically even slave were able start war. You don't need really status for that. Also you are not Lowa what it matter if YOU could> She in other hand were proven quite charismatic and capable roping multiple talented people take part in her small wars against crimminals and such.
That's certainly fair. While the advice lands even better considering her position, it didn't really matter. The lower her position the more might be required to kickstart a war, but she's got the talents to do it regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Ninym has a nice character design for sure . Plus hey, a pretty fitting picture. Getting her work done while ready in a perfect pose.
Old 2022-01-29, 01:59   Link #77
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The past conversation was really forced.

There are all sorts of ways to enact social upheaval. Him suggesting to start a war doesn't make sense since he thinks she is a normal noble, and even as a princess it's only viable because of the potential civil war.
I figured he was speaking metaphorically; I'm pretty sure that what he meant is that the revolution should be started by the one desiring change. Using the word 'war' for it just provided great irony when it ended up involving an actual war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And she's still seemingly doing what she feels is best for the kingdom as she tells Wein that she wants his help to take the throne for herself and calm the kingdom down between all the infighting amongst her brothers...although there might even be more to it than just that .
It's the Empire, not just a kingdom. We're talking about an empire stretching half of a continent here. Which makes it unlikely she genuinely wants control of the entire empire; with no backing in the Empire there's no way she could pull it off (let alone maintain her position) and she doesn't seem like an idiot. I'm also seriously doubting she's doing what's best for the Empire, rather she seems to chase her own ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At least the moves at play here are a bit more obvious by the end of the episode. Lowa is taking Wein's suggestion at face value. Clearly she's making moves to drag Natra into a war with the Empire. The battle will be whether or not Wein can slip out of it. Obviously the guy that has his eyes set on Lowa and Antgatal will be key. I'm just not sure which way this is going to go. Certainly would make things tougher on Wein to get out of his plans to sell off the Kingdom if it is both at war with the Empire and actually does well at that. But Wein finding a way to win and slip out of this situation before it gets out of hand seems possible.
There's also the matter of the foreign weapons getting smuggled into the country. I think Lowa might be preparing a false flag attack supposedly from Antgatal to make Wein crush it to protect Natra. If Antgatal (acting alone) is the aggressor, a war with the empire as a whole can be avoided.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 03:11   Link #78
Marina2

Do we have any official age info on characters?
Old 2022-01-29, 03:12   Link #79
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

The addition of a new character, a partial explanation for his relationship with Ninym, and a hint that this merely isn't a story about some prince who always fails upwards makes me very very interested in this series, or at least this episode, hope everything after this holds up was well
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 10:31   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Do we have any official age info on characters?
They come off as probably 18-20 to me.

Tags
comedy, fantasy