AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-24, 15:36   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly, that was done pretty darn well . A complete story, a happy ending, and extremely satisfying journey. They worked well within their budget. Obviously couldn't do that much in terms of action, but thankfully the show didn't need to most of the time.

Heck, it even was allowed to go full isekai at the end. I suppose when you have a Goddess as an ally...that kind of thing is definitely possible. Obviously she had to take some time to figure it out, but makes sense that she could do it.

Just a really nice and happy ending. Only one losing out is evil god Kuon, but he put himself into this position. I kind of doubt the optimism that sealing him away for untold amounts of time will...make him not evil anymore. But hey this is the Goddess that one-sidedly decided her other half was her husband so...yeah. But considering all the acts that guy committed he did this to himself.

Sweet ending and I'm pretty happy with it. Just a good show .
Old 2023-03-24, 17:09   Link #162
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Just a really nice and happy ending. Only one losing out is evil god Kuon, but he put himself into this position. I kind of doubt the optimism that sealing him away for untold amounts of time will...make him not evil anymore. But hey this is the Goddess that one-sidedly decided her other half was her husband so...yeah. But considering all the acts that guy committed he did this to himself.

Sweet ending and I'm pretty happy with it. Just a good show .
That's a perfect yandere ending. Sealing her "husband" inside herself and not letting him out for eons until he understands that he loves only her .

Yeah, the show was pretty good. It's also a rare case where everything gets resolved and has a happy ending. The only loose thread is Leon x Elizabeth. And obviously, it had a mediocre budget, but since the fight scenes don't really matter the rest was done pretty well. I don't think it would get significantly better even if the animation budget was significantly increased.

Btw., does the anime cover both books or is this only the first one?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-24, 18:17   Link #163
Lex79

Anime covers both volumes of the LN. Actually,
Spoiler for more details about the source material and the ending:
Old 2023-03-24, 18:45   Link #164
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Anime covers both volumes of the LN. Actually,
Spoiler for more details about the source material and the ending:
That's not correct, it most definitely was in the LN. Its possible things changed from WN to LN though.

And yeah the anime adapted 2 volumes but there's also a fandisc volume that came out in December. J-Novel licensed Disc EX but only a couple weeks ago so it'll be a while.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-24, 19:18   Link #165
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was truly was the happy ending to end all happy endings. There were no lies. Kobayashi and Endo never being able to speak to the game characters again would have added some bittersweetness to it, but Lirenna came through and allowed them to actually cross worlds to attend Sieg and Liese's wedding! And I see no reason why they can't spend their vacations in the MagiKoi world if they want to from now on, it didn't sound like it was a one time thing. Imagine becoming best friends with your favorite game character... Kobayashi's living the dream.

I know that wasn't the intention but the reveal the Liese doll was handmade by Kobayashi because no Liese goods were ever made feels like they were breaking the fourth wall, as I doubt any figures of Liese will be made in our world as well given how unpopular this show is. I actually have no clue why that is. It wasn't outstanding or anything but it had an original premise and likable characters. I certainly enjoyed it.
Old 2023-03-24, 21:35   Link #166
Alchemist007
*Author

The whole story in one cour, outstanding. Had the humor, even bits of action amongst the drama.

8/10

One last kawaii Lise:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-03-25, 09:01   Link #167
Ghostfriendly

One of the better recent series on Hidive. Liselotte is a flatter character than Bakarina in a similarly conventional series, and her associates don't have any such strength as the unfulfillable love that made us care for the Hamafura gang. It was the way Lise effectively involved herself in everything from Fiene's family troubles to the boss fight that saved her from being a one-note devoted love interest. Episodes like the grovelling goddess, the keychain, Kuon as a hilariously vague back-alley stalker gave the show a touch of zaniness, despite the essentially conventional though wholesome characters and plot, that made it rather worth watching.

The conclusion was satisfactorily worked out, though the maids with Lise in her wedding dress suddenly disappeared; possibly they fainted at the appearance of a goddess, to the concern of nobody? A whole show about the broadcasting club seniors might be worth watching too.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 13:28   Link #168
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was truly was the happy ending to end all happy endings. There were no lies. Kobayashi and Endo never being able to speak to the game characters again would have added some bittersweetness to it, but Lirenna came through and allowed them to actually cross worlds to attend Sieg and Liese's wedding! And I see no reason why they can't spend their vacations in the MagiKoi world if they want to from now on, it didn't sound like it was a one time thing. Imagine becoming best friends with your favorite game character... Kobayashi's living the dream.
This series is basically like the surreal dream of a fangirl .
Quote:
I know that wasn't the intention but the reveal the Liese doll was handmade by Kobayashi because no Liese goods were ever made feels like they were breaking the fourth wall, as I doubt any figures of Liese will be made in our world as well given how unpopular this show is. I actually have no clue why that is. It wasn't outstanding or anything but it had an original premise and likable characters. I certainly enjoyed it.
I wonder if this would've done better if this wasn't a packed enough season as it is...
Old 2023-03-25, 15:38   Link #169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Lirena can send Endoh and Kobayashi home, right? 'cause I'm not sure I entirely trust her competence...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 20:51   Link #170
Wandering Soul

Title promised a happy ending that would deliver and it delivered. It's just a shame this series wasn't more popular
Old 2023-03-25, 22:54   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I wonder if this would've done better if this wasn't a packed enough season as it is...
I think the show was just destined to just not be that popular. Not that Winter was dead, but I think it would have ended up there even next season. Visuals being a bit "eh, ok" might have turned enough people away to other shows. Nothing else makes sense to me. The premise was pretty clever and the characters likeable. Tried to hype up the show in my own way, but obviously that couldn't do much.

It's too bad. The show was nice. Got a really satisfying happy ending though and I'm good with that. And since it was a pretty complete story there's no worrying about a second season that probably wouldn't happen.
Old 2023-03-26, 08:29   Link #172
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Lirena can send Endoh and Kobayashi home, right? 'cause I'm not sure I entirely trust her competence...
They actually toned her down a bit she was even more Aqua-like in the book.

As far as popularity I'm happy the reception has been mostly positive even though it is a bit obscure. This is still only the 3rd villainess/otome isekai to be animated.
Old 2023-03-26, 08:32   Link #173
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
They actually toned her down a bit she was even more Aqua-like in the book.

As far as popularity I'm happy the reception has been mostly positive even though it is a bit obscure. This is still only the 3rd villainess/otome isekai to be animated.
Which is a good thing for it. I am sure that with the recent massive popularity of this genre on Narou it will slowly spill over into anime. By the hundredth series, people will be more sick of it than they are currently of isekai (then again, I still like isekai series, so maybe not everyone).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 12:08   Link #174
magnuskn

The series started out strong, but became waaaaay too saccharine by the end of it. Sadly only a 4/10, the first of the villainess series I haven't liked.
Old 2023-03-26, 12:15   Link #175
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The series started out strong, but became waaaaay too saccharine by the end of it. Sadly only a 4/10, the first of the villainess series I haven't liked.
At least we got a full kiss on the lips, which is one thing that bummed me out about the wedding ending of "I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss" .
Old 2023-03-26, 14:37   Link #176
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
At least we got a full kiss on the lips, which is one thing that bummed me out about the wedding ending of "I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss" .
Aileen's adventures are ongoing so maybe they saved it for S2? In reality its probably more of a "go read the source" kinda thing...

TsunLise was sort of unique but there's a bunch more villainess series on deck including The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior this summer -- which could make things confusing in terms of 'last boss' series -- and I'm Love with the Villainess for top tier yuri villainess action.
Old 2023-03-26, 22:00   Link #177
Strahan

They wrapped that up nicely. I was expecting either E+K to go to Magikoi or for Lirenna to send some people to our world to help them. I was definitely not expecting a Liese keychain to become animated, lol. It was nice that they were able to go to the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
lol no doubt. Of course, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Well, it'd suck to lose your family but in the Magikoi world they're viewed as deity like figures by the people who will become the rulers, so if they DO get stuck there I imagine they'll be set up for a comfortable life

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The series started out strong, but became waaaaay too saccharine by the end of it.
Yea, after watching the last episode I thought I may need to grab my insulin pen heh
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-27, 01:17   Link #178
SamCurt

But then, I know the otome isekai genre is built on the so-called Villainess archetype... but nobody really got "isekai'd" in Tsunliese. Does it still count as otome isekai?

Really, this series's popularity (of its lack thereof) doesn't bug be as much as some other cases (my current beef is with Bocchi the Rock! getting too popular while I'm not enjoying its type of humor). Otome isekai is generally counted as josei, a demographic I usually see as relatively niche.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-27, 02:12   Link #179
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Wonder if the show would have been better with at least one more episode. The finale felt a bit cramped I guess. And some better foreshadowing and build up, specifically with Kuon. He was not built up that well as the secret boss until the last episodes. The part with Kobayashi's darkness with her sister also came out of the left field and it disappeared just as quick. Maybe her jealousy with her sister could have been built better throughout the season, with this episode ending with Liese appearing from the doll as the cliffhanger for the episode. Then the defeat of Kuon plus the wedding could be episode 13 as the last episode.

That said, I'm really happy with almost everything we got. Happy endings all throughout. Maybe with some more TLC and more budget, it really could have been even better. But it still worked within what it had and delivered it pretty well. Liese is such a top tier tsundere. The bigger the tsun, the bigger the dere and she knocks me out every time she goes full dere.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-31, 17:36   Link #180
Magewolf

This turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. It was a bit overly sweet at times but it is fun to have a show that really runs with having good ends for everyone.

I do wonder after looking at the ending pic if the playboy priest ends up with the Goddess since everybody else paired up is in some form of relationship.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote