AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-07-24, 20:44   Link #81
d-one

There's some Kugimiya role that still running 'till now and it really different from her tsundere role like Kagura in Gintama and Miharu in Nabari no Ou
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:19   Link #82
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Cat Magex
Spoiler for Seiyuu OTness:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 04:30   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes Kugimiya Rie can do a lot more than the tsundere rolls she's "typecast" as, the problem is her most well known female roles are all tsundere characters. It doesn't matter is she was amazing in <insert obscure anime> when she's playing another tsundere in another popular show.

By the time Znt3 finishes Toradora starts up, and by the time that finishes (assuming Toradora is two cours) Hayate no Gotoku 2 might be airing since ZKC (same producers, director and timeslot as HnG) will be finished by Spring 2009. So that's a lot of time with her most prominent character in every season being a tsundere.. and by the time HnG 2 whines down Shana 3 could be starting up... and this isn't counting any new shows where she might play a popular tsundere..

In a way she's unfairly typecast as being tsundere only since she can do so much more but it should be obvious why she is typecast like this.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-07-25 at 08:15.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 05:11   Link #84
kaisama

Rise is not tsundere by any mean, in fact she has cheerful personality and obssess over the MC and the problem is I find her voice unfitting for Rise.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:12   Link #85
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
...Rise? >_>

Also, for some reason I'd seen a note saying that HnG 2 was starting this fall, as well. *shrugs* Dunno whether or not that's valid or not.

And do you mean Shana 3? *is counting the movie as a variation of season 1*

Also, @kaisama: Next to the tsundere/tsunderekko-type role, cheerful/bubbly seems to be another that Kugimiya is typecast for (especially if it's a cheerful/bubbly loli). Examples: Bell, from MÄR; Rizel, from Rizelmine; Kamyu, from Utawarerumono (who definitely is not loli, or at least is no more loli than Mikuru); and Mikan, from Rental Magica. I could probably name more, but I can't think of any at the moment.

...In effect, she's typecast for loli's in general, not necessarily just tsundere/tsunderekko.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:25   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

I haven't heard anything about a new season of Hayate starting this fall, I'm pretty sure ZKC is suppose to be last 4 cours and like I said before it has the same aniamtion studio and director of the HnG. Also yes I mean Shana 3, edited my post to correct that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:03   Link #87
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

oh i read this too! up to chapt 5 from my only lazy source ar . . anyway i keep messing up with tona gura

taiga look a tiny bit like louis from zero no tsukaima isnt it?
Yaoi_Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:32   Link #88
Man0warr

Don't expect Shana 3 for awhile...last season covered pretty much all but the ending of the second to last novel + plus the most current novel. Each season has covered 6-7 novels and I suspect the author will finish up soon, as its at a turning point.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 18:21   Link #89
kaisama

I was refer to DragoonKain3's post but the problem is she use that voice for Rise in Persona 4, and I get to hear her voice every turn in every battle , turn the voice off every time I go to Mayonaka TV is such a bother I don't consider her as good VA with that underwhelming performance.

Last edited by kaisama; 2008-07-25 at 18:40.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 13:03   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It seems there was a change in the voice actors...

Minori, Rie, and Ami stay the same, but Ryuji is now Majima Jyunji.
Also, Yuusaku is Nojima Hirofumi.

Source: Moonphase which says this is correct.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 13:17   Link #91
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It seems there was a change in the voice actors...

Minori, Rie, and Ami stay the same, but Ryuji is now Majima Jyunji.
Also, Yuusaku is Nojima Hirofumi.

Source: Moonphase which says this is correct.
So we're getting the guy who did Daisuke Aoki & Ninomiya Shungo's voices to voice Ryuji... I don't know how to feel about this.
Old 2008-08-07, 04:37   Link #92
cyth
Banned

Arrr, sweet, according to MOON PHASE, Kugimiya Rie, Horie Yui, and Kitamura Eri will be performing the OP together. ED by Horie Yui solo. ToradoRadio! web radio will start in September on Animate.tv.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:11   Link #93
Midonin
Last Engage

Good news.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 22:44   Link #94
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Starchild's Toradora website has been updated.

I like the char designs so far, but Ryuji doesn't look "scary' most likely because his eyes don't have that black outline around them. He looks more 'cool' than anything, but he looks great. Taiga looks really small and mean, its soo cute, I can't wait until this anime premieres!
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 22:47   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

I can easily place Kugimiya's voice in Taiga's body with these designs. They look pretty good.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 22:49   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

I like the char designs so far, but Ryuji doesn't look "scary' most likely because his eyes don't have that black outline around them. He looks more 'cool' than anything, but he looks great. Taiga looks really small and mean, its soo cute, I can't wait until this anime premieres!
Uwah... This isn't as bad as Kyou no Go no Ni's art style, but this is in its own way... *laugh*
*continues laughing after looking at stupid Glasses and Minori* They look worse then Ryuji and Taiga. I feel like I'd go stupid if I stare at them too long for some reason...
Oh, at least Ami looks decent in this art style (better than the novel design).

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-08-09, 00:28   Link #97
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

...Interesting. For some reason, I'm reminded of the Code-E anime style, even though they don't look that similar. Hm...I do agree with the above poster on Yuusaku's appearance, but Minori doesn't look too bad.

EDIT: anybody up for translating the important info on that page?

EDIT #2: Gwah...Just realized that this version of Ryuuji looks like Seo, from Sekirei. XD It's the eyes, I think.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:45   Link #98
Falkor

I was sort of expecting Rie Kugimiya to voice Taiga—more like the most obvious choice, rather than the most fitting for the role, but I’d have prefer somebody else for a change. On the other hand, Horie Yui as Minorin is a welcome surprise because I really love her voice. Not quite sure about Junji Majima and Eri Kitamura, but I’m very hopeful.

Omg… Taiga looks weird… really weird. I think the shock was too much for me, but her manga/novel counterpart did not give me this kind of impression. The rest seems just fine for the time being, even Ryuji with the not-so-scaring look.

I’ve enjoyed both the novel and the manga, so you can expect me to be somewhat biased towards the anime conversion; however, something about the character designs is giving me the wrong vibes. The novel has nice designs; the manga follows suit and stays close to the source material—to be sincere, I’m actually very happy of the manga’s ‘improvement’ over the original. The anime, on the other hand, is displaying ‘something completely different,’ so to speak. I’m not sure how to go about this because it’s only one image from which I’m making this assumption. The way the characters are designed for the anime don’t seem to embody the personalities built in the novel/manga, especially that image of Taiga (I cannot quite point out what is it, but it doesn’t feel right). And yes, this is so absurd, but I want to get it out of my chest.

I’m sorry for sounding so negative, given that all it’s probably due to my attachment of the source material. I want to believe that the anime can do a good job adapting the novel, but certain things don’t seem to go the way I expected them to be (not quite saying here that anime adaptations should always follow the original). All that is left is a trailer to confirm my worries.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:57   Link #99
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
EDIT: anybody up for translating the important info on that page?
The only important info on the page are the voice actors and OP/ED singers, which have already been posted on this thread.

Quote:
I want to believe that the anime can do a good job adapting the novel, but certain things don’t seem to go the way I expected them to be (not quite saying here that anime adaptations should always follow the original).
Ah, don't worry, the anime studio is J.C. Staff. They are famous for novel raping, with their worst victim (from my memory) being Zero no Tsukaima. I think it would be safer to not expect them to follow the novel...

Quote:
All that is left is a trailer to confirm my worries.
I just tried imagining that, and remembered Minami-ke Okawari...
I sense something bad coming...

Old 2008-08-09, 01:26   Link #100
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

That looks, erm, different than I expected.

Yuuji seems more...delinquent?...than his novel counterpart and most certainly his manga counterpart (reminds me of that guy from Midori Days and that other guy from Karin). I'm not sure if this is a bad or a good thing, since the people's around him are supposed to think that he looks like a delinquent while the novel illustrations just make him look awkward, and the manga made him a cute bishie.

Taiga...turned into a loli. Yes, yes, the concept already applied to her etcetera, etcetera -- I mean, I thought of her in the same vein as Yuuji himself in other versions, "like a pretty French doll," but now she's clearly more like an anime loli and all.

Add that up to the Kugimiya trademark tsundere voice, and yeah. Awkward, lol. She might as well be thirteen and has a pretty maid named Maria, and then I'll be disturbed if they actually play the interests "straight"...

As for other characters;

Kitamura and Minori looks waaay too childish for my tastes. He was supposed to be the Hanai-type, not that baby-faced boy! And she, well, err...

Ami is win though. Now she's as pretty as she was lauded to be.

Regardless of my opinions on the character designs, it's still the script that runs the show (this isn't an extreme case like Real Drive or something), so I'll try not to pre-judge it too much. Let's just hope it's not a flop like Shana II or the whole Zero no Tsukaima fiasco, or something like Special A the anime...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen