AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 02:07   Link #1301
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well...if they're going to add something new into the game and answer some of the mystery left then I would definitely buy it

....it's too bad that it's for X360 though.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 04:37   Link #1302
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Ever17 has earned rank #3 out of all VNs on vndb.org, with an average score of 9.05/10
It was ranked 1# for some time (as did Fate/Stay Night) - that stuff is changing often. I would suggest something like "constantly holding its place in top3 on vndb.com".
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 08:47   Link #1303
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Amalgamation of everything said so far, plus some additions

Hmm... Is this too much like an advertisement? I know if I were to read something like this (without prior exposure to the game), I'd take the claims with a grain of salt.

I have an ImageShack account; will upload screenshots to it. Which ones should we take? I vote for one of Tsugumi in action ('cause she looks awesome), and either Sora or You (for the bishoujo fans). The new LeMU corridor looks great, but 3D Sara's face looks... blank. :-/ Should we throw in a bus advert for good measure? I later found out that it's common practice for games in Japan, but as a gaijin, I was floored when I first saw it.
Hmm... it does sound a bit ad-like, you're right... perhaps we need more facts or statistics? Mention the series' devoted fanbase, possibly, or how much gameplay time this game has (it's almost twice as long as 999), the sheer number of endings, two protagonists, the number of paths, its release history, stuff like that.

I vote for the Tsugumi image, the You image, and the bird's-eye-view of LeMU. Bus advert sounds like a great idea.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-02-20 at 09:06.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 09:18   Link #1304
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
I would suggest something like "constantly holding its place in top3 on vndb.com".
I like the sound of that better as well.

Quote:
Title candidate
Ever17: A remastered VN from the creators of 999 and Myself;Yourself
(Need a more poll-ish title for a poll topic)

Poll candidate
Would you like to see an Aksys localization of Ever17?
*Yes
*No
*Not fussed, either way

Body candidate
One of the classics by Uchikoshi (999) and his colleague Nakazawa (Myself;Yourself) is getting a remake: 5pb is set to revamp Ever17, a story about 6 people trapped in a collapsing underwater theme park, and their fight to save their lives and to bring down the powers behind the 'accident.'

Fans can expect to see new features such as:
* New scenarios and endings
* Redesigned backgrounds
* 3-D animated characters
* New CGs and clothing designs

For the newcomers, Ever17 has been consistently voted by many Visual Novel fans as the greatest VN of all time, both in Japan and in the West. Almost all who played it have been blown away by the story, which is of a similar style to 999, but but with even more twists. Fans frequently argue over whether Ever17 or 999 is better.

Ever17 has constantly held its place in the Top 3 on vndb.org, with a current average score of 9.05/10

The teaser site is at http://5pb.jp/games/ever17/. Stay tuned for updates!

So what do you guys think? Existing E17 fans, would you buy the remake? Newcomers, would you be interested in playing this VN if it were available in English?
Made a few suggested changes here and there.

As for it sounding advertisy... I feel that's a good thing. We are trying to sell the game after all, not only to users, but to the Aksys people reading as well.

And for the pictures, you should probably resize them to 400px width when you rehost them, so that they fit comfortably on the Aksys boards.

I too put up a vote for those 3 pictures.

Quote:
(To include: )
Voice actors, e.g. Asakawa Yuu (list works), Ueda Kana (list)
I suppose we can pick and choose from ANN. Yuu and Kana. Anyone got any favorites?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 09:26   Link #1305
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Soichiro Hoshi? I know I may be biased because he's my favorite voice actor, but he's done some famous stuff (like Higurashi and Gundam Seed)
Old 2011-02-20, 11:23   Link #1306
StarFox117

I heard that this is an open ended game that never actually "ends" is this true or just trolling?
StarFox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 11:28   Link #1307
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox117 View Post
I heard that this is an open ended game that never actually "ends" is this true or just trolling?
That would be Remember11. Ever17 is the exact opposite of that.
Old 2011-02-20, 11:29   Link #1308
StarFox117

Oh, alright thanks.
StarFox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:53   Link #1309
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
That would be Remember11. Ever17 is the exact opposite of that.
Is that a big spoiler for Remember11?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 15:39   Link #1310
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Other than the link itself and the list of new features, it doesn't mention clearly to me that it's a new version for Xbox360 of the old Ever17. In fact, it doesn't really mention the 360 at all.

Quote:
Soichiro Hoshi? I know I may be biased because he's my favorite voice actor, but he's done some famous stuff (like Higurashi and Gundam Seed)
I vote yes on that as well. Try to lure the fangirls in.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 16:13   Link #1311
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Oh yes! He is one of my favorites too.

Quote:
Fans frequently argue over whether Ever17 or 999 is better
Now that I think about it, I dont like this. Maybe Im biased because I think Ever17>>>999 ;p but I would just say that Ever17 is spiritual father to 999, but with no puzzles and more story and just leave it at that.
Old 2011-02-20, 18:26   Link #1312
VDZ

The problem with 999 is that it stole some things from Ever17, and as a result, Ever17 became much more predictable to people who read 999 first. If one were to read Ever17 first and 999 second, the same decrease in enjoyment would apply to 999 (I personally thought some of the twists were lame because I'd seen them before in Ever17).
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 04:55   Link #1313
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Is that a big spoiler for Remember11?
Not at all, since that line told me nothing about the story!
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 04:56   Link #1314
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Title candidate
Ever17: A remastered VN from the creators of 999 and Myself;Yourself
(Need a more poll-ish title for a poll topic)

Poll candidate
Would you like to see an Aksys localization of Ever17?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Not fussed, either way

Body candidate
One of the classics by Uchikoshi (999) and his colleague Nakazawa (Myself;Yourself) is getting a remake for the XBox 360: 5pb is set to revamp Ever17, a story about 6 people trapped in a collapsing underwater theme park, and their fight to save their lives and to bring down the powers behind the 'accident.'

Fans can expect to see new features such as:
  • New scenarios and endings
  • Redesigned backgrounds
  • 3-D animated characters
  • New CGs and clothing designs

For the newcomers, Ever17 is the spiritual predecessor of 999, and has been consistently voted by many both Japanese and Western fans as the greatest visual novel of all time. Almost all who played it have been blown away by the story, which is of a similar style to 999 (albeit without the strong puzzle component), but with even more twists and an intricate storyline that's almost twice the length of 999's.

Ever17 has a devoted fanbase, allowing it to constantly hold its place in the Top 3 on vndb.org, despite being nearly 10 years old. It currently has an average score of 9.05/10.

The teaser site is at http://5pb.jp/games/ever17/. Stay tuned for updates!

So what do you guys think? Existing E17 fans, would you buy the remake? Newcomers, would you be interested in playing this VN if it were available in English? If not, which aspects of the game are holding you back?

(Images from Famitsu)

=====================
(Other text candidates: )
*more facts or statistics
  • its release history

*explain (with as much few details as possible) why it's considered so great; its reputation
  • the sheer number of endings/the number of paths?
  • two protagonists?

*About the Infinity series in general
  • voted as one of the best in the infinity series as well as an ADV in general.
  • mention the general positive reaction to the Infinity series in general, and how all of the Infinity series has been popular.

*Image captions

*Voice actors, e.g. Asakawa Yuu (list), Ueda Kana (list), Soichiro Hoshi (Higurashi, Gundam Seed)

*why we're so interested in this version, and why it's in their interests to localize it.

=====================
I'm not familiar with seiyuu culture; could someone else write that part?

=====================
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
The problem with 999 is that it stole some things from Ever17, and as a result, Ever17 became much more predictable to people who read 999 first. If one were to read Ever17 first and 999 second, the same decrease in enjoyment would apply to 999 (I personally thought some of the twists were lame because I'd seen them before in Ever17).
Mmm... that would be an issue. Replacing "collapsing underwater theme park" with "sinking cruise ship" could make the opening paragraph sound like a spiel for 999... What does E17 have, that 999 does not? (I haven't played 999 myself)
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 05:37   Link #1315
4as
ForUs

This is looking great. Some info about the seiyuus and Id say its done.
Maybe something like: contrary to 999, Ever17 is fully voiced by famous seiyuus and singers including: Asakawa Yuu (Sakaki in Azumanga Daioh, Rider in Fate/Stay Night), Ueda Kana (Toosaka Rin in Fate/Stay Night, Fukuzawa Yumi in Maria-sama ga Miteru) and Hoshi Souichirou (Kira Yamato in Gundam SEED, Maebara Keiichi in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni).

Oh and Ever17 is easily 3 times longer than 999 (999 is around 20 hours, while Ever17 is around 60).
Old 2011-02-21, 10:10   Link #1316
Rag

Quote:
So what do you guys think? Existing E17 fans, would you buy the remake? Newcomers, would you be interested in playing this VN if it were available in English? If not, which aspects of the game are holding you back?
Newcomer here. I might buy it if it gets decent reviews since i've been planning to read a new VN anyway.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:05   Link #1317
OnFire331

I played Ever17 some years ago, it was one of my first VNs and I'm also interested in how 5pb. will do the remake.

I've some suggestions to make to the request:

1. Put the new logo in the body.

2. Remove the "Not fussed, either way". It's better to keep it as a simple yes and no, and not having an ambiguous answer that Aksys won't be looking. And most if not all votes that would vote for that answer will go to "Yes".
OnFire331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:55   Link #1318
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnFire331 View Post
I played Ever17 some years ago, it was one of my first VNs and I'm also interested in how 5pb. will do the remake.

I've some suggestions to make to the request:

1. Put the new logo in the body.

2. Remove the "Not fussed, either way". It's better to keep it as a simple yes and no, and not having an ambiguous answer that Aksys won't be looking. And most if not all votes that would vote for that answer will go to "Yes".
I agree here.

**Release history candidate**

Quote:
Ever17 was originally released on the PS2 and Dreamcast in Japan in 2002, then was later ported onto the PC in 2003 as "Ever17- Premium Edition". It was translated and released into English in 2005 by the now defunct Hirameki International. The game has been ported onto several other consoles in Japan, but this is the first time it's receiving a remake.
**Infinity series candidate**

Quote:
Ever17 is part of the well reknowned Infinity series. Lauded for their interesting plots and seamless blending of science fiction with mystery and suspense along with colorful casts and unique set ups, the Infinity series is one of the most popular Visual Novel series of all time, both in Japan and in English speaking circles. Ever17 is the most popular in this series, heavily acclaimed for its fascinating characters and stunning twists, featuring a plot so complicated that it keeps you guessing until the very end.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-02-21 at 18:37.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:56   Link #1319
winkel

Agree with all the changes above ^

Though I kinda feel that might be enough... we don't want a long and overwhelming OP! With the seiyuu info, GundamAce's description, the logo pic, plus everything Polarem has put up so far, I would also perhaps emphasize that if one enjoyed 999, they'll definitely enjoy Ever17, or something.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 20:01   Link #1320
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I think that's enough as well. If we think there's anything else we need to add, we can just post it in later, right? So let's combine everything we have and add winkel's suggestion, then post it up on Aksys!

Tags
visual novel