AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-22, 00:46   Link #3041
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Mystic Gohan was the strongest non-fused character in the Buu arc. SSJ3 Goku and SSJ3 Gotenks were inferior to him.
I said seemingly...I know he was more powerful but it seemed he never was more naturally powerful as he was against Perfect Cell...His special power (The power he would always get when he saw his friends or dad hurt) ran out after that...
Old 2011-02-22, 00:51   Link #3042
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I said seemingly...I know he was more powerful but it seemed he never was more naturally powerful as he was against Perfect Cell...His special power (The power he would always get when he saw his friends or dad hurt) ran out after that...
That's because the mystic form brings out the person's full potential. In other words, they're maxed out. No more room for improvement. So we can say that Gohan had transcended his previous limitations. His power had been perfected.
Old 2011-02-22, 05:08   Link #3043
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Next ep is going to be another great moment, too. Maybe we'll get some new soundtrack action out of it.
Yeah i'm hoping we'll get a new piece for the scene. I still remember how awesome Brue Faulconers piece for the scene was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Then why not blame nearly every character in this series for not getting things done faster.
News flash, i do.
Old 2011-02-22, 09:23   Link #3044
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I sorta enjoy character flaws and arrogance...it makes for a more entertaining watch. You don't have to like Gohan for his newfound smugness, but given the history of DBZ members getting full of themselves after attaining SSJ status and the fact that Gohan has a severe bone to pick with Cell, it is not entirely incomprehensible. Besides, after all of Cell's bastardry to push Gohan over the edge, it's fun to see him get what he asked for.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 11:14   Link #3045
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Oh don't get me wrong i still enjoy it, though that doesn't stop me from having a go at their actions. Vegeta can get away with it because of his character, though not Gohan.
Old 2011-02-22, 18:40   Link #3046
GDB

Quote:
What's crazy about all of this is that Vegeta (my fav character BTW) never reached more than ascended Saiyan in the entire series
Actually, he did. He implies that he was able to go SSJ2 when he watched Goku fight Yakon, and he goes SSJ2 against Kid Buu when they fight on the Kai planet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 20:19   Link #3047
ChronoReverse

Yeah, it's just that he realized that even though he achieved SS2, he would still be inferior to Goku's power.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 23:00   Link #3048
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, he did. He implies that he was able to go SSJ2 when he watched Goku fight Yakon, and he goes SSJ2 against Kid Buu when they fight on the Kai planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Yeah, it's just that he realized that even though he achieved SS2, he would still be inferior to Goku's power.
While I admit it's implied, you could argue from the dialogue alone that Vegeta hadn't achieved SSJ2 yet. He knew how strong SSJ2 was from Gohan and Final Cell's power, so he could compare Goku's level and wimpy teen Gohan's power to that.

In any event, the audience never sees Vegeta go SSJ2 until he gets the power boost from Babidi, which, going by his fight later is presumably permanent.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 00:11   Link #3049
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah, that's what i was saying Vegeta only went 1, ascended, and SSJ4 via Bulma invention...That's it...

He fought Kid Buu at the same level he was when he died supposedly...But more to the point, Vegeta just doesn't have a big bowl to fill his anger in...His bowl is always full, he's lucky he went SSJ at all...Goku and Gohan have mall fountains of empty space in their bowls of anger (so to speak^^)...
Old 2011-02-23, 06:07   Link #3050
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
and SSJ4 via Bulma invention...That's it...
We don't include that for obvious reasons.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:46   Link #3051
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We don't include that for obvious reasons.
Why? I enjoyed GT....

wingdarkness don't follow the crowd^^...

I know the series was made strictly for wulong$, but the premise wasn't that bad IMO...You could have done ALOT worse, then having Goku fight the monster-reincarnations of all the dragonball wishes they had made in DBZ...Plus if you were a Vegeta fan like me, there's an awesome amount of resolution with his character in this series...

The episode where he's taking a shower reminiscing on every fight and encounter he had with Goku and reflecting on the missteps he made is one of my alltime favorite anime episodes...

So sorry, even with Bulma helping him cheat to look like a monkey in hard-ghey leather pants (SSJ4)..I enjoyed it^^...
Old 2011-02-23, 22:47   Link #3052
Alchemist007
*Author

Well it's been a while, looks like I've got about 34 episodes to marathon
Old 2011-02-24, 15:41   Link #3053
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Why? I enjoyed GT....

wingdarkness don't follow the crowd^^...

I know the series was made strictly for wulong$, but the premise wasn't that bad IMO...You could have done ALOT worse, then having Goku fight the monster-reincarnations of all the dragonball wishes they had made in DBZ...Plus if you were a Vegeta fan like me, there's an awesome amount of resolution with his character in this series...

The episode where he's taking a shower reminiscing on every fight and encounter he had with Goku and reflecting on the missteps he made is one of my alltime favorite anime episodes...

So sorry, even with Bulma helping him cheat to look like a monkey in hard-ghey leather pants (SSJ4)..I enjoyed it^^...
We've had this discussion before (I know you weren't there for it) so I won't get into too much detail. But basically, GT isn't canon since it wasn't created by Toriyama. I personally think it was considerably worse than the original but in the end that's just my opinion. Canonwise though, GT being left out is appropriate.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 18:21   Link #3054
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegacy
But basically, GT isn't canon since it wasn't created by Toriyama.
Well I think you know me well enuff to know, I don't go by the rules...If I liked it I liked it...If we're having a strictly canonized discussion (which doesn't take place into the first nerd makes it mandatory), it's up for grabs...DBGT starts off a little after DBZ ends, with nearly all the characters, with a story that encompasses DBZ's story, so I'll choose to adore the awesome episodes I enjoyed, especially the ones that put a good deal of closure on Vegeta's storyline...His closure and reminiscing were lock and key with his DBZ character, so I'll remember it as such...Those who don't want to, I'm fine with it...
Old 2011-02-24, 18:40   Link #3055
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There are a few things I liked about DBGT:

1) A tuffle (Baby) resurfacing after many years to exact his revenge on all saiyans.

2) The Yin/Yang concept of the Dragon Balls. With every wish granted, negative energy had accumulated over time. After overusing the Dragon Balls, all that negative energy manifested into 7 evil dragons. It's ironic seeing as how they've saved our heroes many times, but ended up nearly bringing doom to the entire universe.

3) The soundtrack was good. It really conveyed that feeling of exhilarating adventure, much like the original Dragon Ball series.

Some really interesting concepts, but terrible execution unfortunately.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:04   Link #3056
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I liked the fact that GT brought 17 into the spotlight yet again. Super 17 was pretty awesome.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:19   Link #3057
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Soopa 17 was the $hit! One of my favorite moments in GT is when 17 is beating Vegeta's a$$, he knocks him to the ground, and right before Vegeta loses consciousness he sees chibi Goku all hyped up ready to fight 17 and says, "You, you fool..." and blacks out..., talk about LMMFAO, xD...Man that was a funny moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
2) The Yin/Yang concept of the Dragon Balls. With every wish granted, negative energy had accumulated over time. After overusing the Dragon Balls, all that negative energy manifested into 7 evil dragons. It's ironic seeing as how they've saved our heroes many times, but ended up nearly bringing doom to the entire universe.
Exactly...They may have brought DB back to sell video games, but that was not only and awesome premise, but also a fitting one...I liked how every creature talked about what wish it was that created them...I thought it was cool...
Old 2011-02-24, 21:05   Link #3058
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Some really interesting concepts, but terrible execution unfortunately.
This says it all.
Old 2011-02-24, 23:39   Link #3059
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

finally caught up to episode 94, few more episodes left to wrap this up
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:31   Link #3060
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Any episode 95 this weekend?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote