Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 01:38   Link #201
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
As a swordsman? We have seen how a high-level swordsman can perform against Enel! And compared to Luffy and other DF users, Mihawk seems to be a rather normal but strong person just like Zoro. Also, I guess you are mistaken the word normal with strong. By normal I refer to a human that is not externally modified (e.g., eating devil fruit).
First of all Mihawk is not Zoro so you could stop right there! I would not call Zoro a high level swordsman. There is a huge difference between those two.

Second Where does it state or who said that only devil fruit users are the absolute strongest? If I am not Mistaken Whitebeard controls a logia user known as Ace. So please do not feed me that garbage about a swordsman or normal humans without a devil fruit can not beat Ener becasue that is a bunch of crap.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 01:50   Link #202
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
First of all Mihawk is not Zoro so you could stop right there! I would not call Zoro a high level swordsman. There is a huge difference between those two.

Second Where does it state or who said that only devil fruit users are the absolute strongest? If I am not Mistaken Whitebeard controls a logia user known as Ace. So please do not feed me that garbage about a swordsman or normal humans without a devil fruit can not beat Ener becasue that is a bunch of crap.
There was a huge difference between those two. And Zoro is a high level swordsman whether you like it or not!

Enel is not a normal devil fruit user; he carries one of the strongest devil fruit powers, as indicated by Robin (if I remember it correctly). Hence he is one of the strongest devil fruit users. Luffy was lucky since Enel's powers did not have any affect on him. And if I am not mistaken Whitebeard is not a normal human - he seems to be closer to the giant family than to the human family.

If you do not wish to be fed by garbage, please tell us the way you see on how Enel can be beaten by Shanks in a typical fight? And if you cannot find any, please try to look at the quality of your argument before stamping others' as garbage.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 09:41   Link #203
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Well Shanks was so confident enough in his abilities that he casually asked Mihawk for a "Match" as if he does not miss a beat. I still believe he is strong enough to rival Mihawk otherwise he would not have asked so casually for a duel. Shanks is still powerful and will defeat Ener.
Look at the episode, he was Drunk.
it is up to you , to provide the evidence to show Enel would loose to Shanks.
Shanks only has a sword, which cannot defeat someone that is made of Lightning. Lightning is INVINCIBLE. I only gave Mihawk a chance because he is the best. And that there must be something that sets him apart from all other swordsman.

Enel will own him. No doubt about it.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 10:12   Link #204
dabigkrunch

Okay if we assume Shanks sword is made of that sea-mimicking mineral (the name escapes me), then he would probbaly kick enels ass no?

Considering his assumed strength level he should be able to dodge/avoid enels initial blasts and get close enough to thwack him with the enhanced sword.
dabigkrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 15:06   Link #205
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigkrunch
Okay if we assume Shanks sword is made of that sea-mimicking mineral (the name escapes me), then he would probbaly kick enels ass no?

Considering his assumed strength level he should be able to dodge/avoid enels initial blasts and get close enough to thwack him with the enhanced sword.
Nothing is Guaranteed. That all depends on weather Shank's could ever hit him. Enel's lightning fast speed would make him untouchable.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:38   Link #206
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
There was a huge difference between those two. And Zoro is a high level swordsman whether you like it or not!
There still is a huge difference between Mihawk and Zoro. If he faced Mihawk he will get crushed. You act as if Mihawk is not getting stronger himself.

We will have to see Shanks fight. Since he is able to rival the best swordsman he has to be considered one of the strongest.
Old 2006-04-16, 02:14   Link #207
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
There still is a huge difference between Mihawk and Zoro. If he faced Mihawk he will get crushed. You act as if Mihawk is not getting stronger himself.

We will have to see Shanks fight. Since he is able to rival the best swordsman he has to be considered one of the strongest.
I believe it is typically the case that the weaker characters improve faster than the stronger characters, especially if we are talking about the main characters. Also, I do not argue against the fact that Mihawk is currently stronger than Zoro. But the gap between them should have decreased by a non-negligible amount which, as a possibility, might have reduced that huge difference to a much smaller amount. We have observed Zoro's power ups but we haven't seen anything regarding Mihawk. If he is already sitting at the top of the swordsman world, I don't think there is much room for his improvement. Anyway, without seeing them fight again, I don't think we can state a factual amount of difference.

Also, being the strongest in one area does not guarantee your survival in all of your fights. Your strength might provide advantage to you in some cases, whereas in other cases, it may not help you at all. As an example, Robin's powers might help her defeat a very strong swordsman by disabling her opponent, but her powers would not have any effect on an elemental power user(fire/ice/lightning). I do see this a rock/paper/scissors case. As long as Shanks does not have the power to stop the lightning, on which we currently have no information, it is difficult ot make a claim that he can be able to beat a lightning/electric devil fruit user.
Old 2006-04-16, 18:42   Link #208
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Mihawk. If he is already sitting at the top of the swordsman world, I don't think there is much room for his improvement.
There is always room for improvement. Gaining more expereince is always key to being the best. I justdon't beleive that Zoro is even close, He has had power ups but he has shown no skills except for his "Breath" technique.

Quote:
Also, being the strongest in one area does not guarantee your survival in all of your fights. Your strength might provide advantage to you in some cases, whereas in other cases, it may not help you at all.
Being the "Greatest Swordsman In The World" means that you are one of the top fighters in the world of One Piece. Only two men have World Class Titles Whitebeard and Mihawk. Also being a swordsman does not mean you are just strong enough to defeat Swordsman, it all depends on the skills of the swordsman. Skills that allow the swordsman to battle anything including elements. Zoro can basically cut anything or nothing at all with one of his special skills, it is very possible for a swordsman to be that dominant. We have to see Shanks fighting skills and Mihawk's just to see how good they really are.
Old 2006-04-16, 19:20   Link #209
dabigkrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Nothing is Guaranteed. That all depends on weather Shank's could ever hit him. Enel's lightning fast speed would make him untouchable.
Actually thinking back on it, isnt part of Mihawk being the greatest swordsmand, and Zoro wanting to be, is that he can cut ANYTHING.

In this case they mean anything as literally anythings, including substances without matter (cutting light etc). If SHanks can rival this then he should be able to cut lightning no?
Old 2006-04-16, 20:54   Link #210
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

And the circle continues.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 20:56   Link #211
dabigkrunch

Such sharp and scathin wit, its so dry I think I need some water.....brb
Old 2006-04-17, 19:49   Link #212
Phenomenal
Banned

Yes indeed. We just have to wait and see him in action.
Old 2006-04-18, 07:48   Link #213
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Regardless of if we see him in action, we will never know if he'd beat Enel. They aren't ever going to face-off.
Old 2006-04-18, 14:51   Link #214
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Never say never. But I don't blame you for having your doubts.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 14:39   Link #215
Uh_huh

Yeah, they need to get Enel to fall from the sky and start rampaging the sea. Seriously. (There's no competition up there.)
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 22:11   Link #216
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, they need to get Enel to fall from the sky and start rampaging the sea. Seriously. (There's no competition up there.)
Of course not, it's Skypiea.

Quote:
Regardless of if we see him in action, we will never know if he'd beat Enel. They aren't ever going to face-off.
Yes you can tell. By the skills and abilities that he demonstrates alone will be enough to tell that he can smash Ener or not. Hell You think Ener can beat him based off what you saw MihawkXGP!
Old 2006-04-21, 15:48   Link #217
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Yes you can tell. By the skills and abilities that he demonstrates alone will be enough to tell that he can smash Ener or not. Hell You think Ener can beat him based off what you saw MihawkXGP!
How can you tell whether his skills are sufficient to kill lightning? I mean, as an example, his skills of using a sword (if he is), what will it tell you about killing someone who can convert himself to lightning/electricity? Ability, what do you mean by ability here, a devil-fruit based ability or a non-devil-fruit based ability - such as Sanji's legs? I would be glad if you can share a non-devil fruit based ability that can allow a person to kill a lightning-convertible-human.
Old 2006-04-22, 00:45   Link #218
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
How can you tell whether his skills are sufficient to kill lightning? I mean, as an example, his skills of using a sword (if he is), what will it tell you about killing someone who can convert himself to lightning/electricity?
To see if his sword skills and abilities in terms of speed and strength are faster than lightning. Possibly he could have techniques that could cut through anything, hell who knows.
Old 2006-04-29, 04:35   Link #219
Friendless

Send a message via MSN to Friendless
Quote:
Dude, I think you totally missed the point. That if the guy is that strong he should have been able to save Luffy and not lose his arm. Not being able to multitask in someothing so simple, especially when the monster in question wasn't even of a sea king level, comes off a bit strange. Really, I would rather be strong enough to save someone's life without losing my arm rather than lose my arm and scare a weak creature away with a badass look.

This act of him losing his arm rather than destroying the beast can show many things about his character... Also guessing from how he didn't fight the pirates who attacked him in the bar. He could simply have compassion for all living things that he refuses to hurt something without a proper reason to his perspective. Sure, the creature may have tried to eat Luffy, however it's in that creature's nature to survive and feed. Perhaps he refuses to demonstrate his power with such a simple-minded task... Perhaps it was a method of obtaining more loyalty from his fellow companions through respect rather than fear... Perhaps he was showing luffy that a real pirate would sacrofice him/herself for one he cares for therefore he'd have this lesson for his future adventure.

Whatever the reason, it's reasons you don't know how to comprehend. Calling someone weak when they sit there and get beat up and humilated when they have the power to destroy everyone there? I consider that a strength.
Friendless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 12:58   Link #220
dabigkrunch

I would call sitting there and getting beaten up for no other reason than to prove a point pretty stupid tbh.

Its meant to be courageous, honourable and even sensible. Well if you believe when you are a Grandmaster Kung Fu martial artist and someone starts at you in a bar, you should sit there and get beaten shitless, then no matter what your reasoning in my opinion your just stupid

I can see why Luffy/Zoro do it in the story. Its still stupid though.