AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 07:27   Link #9301
Stretch5920

Nina hasn't been Geassed yet. Should Geass her into loving Zero and being his #1 fangirl.
Old 2008-05-15, 07:32   Link #9302
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Or to give her some weapons, though I hope Lelouch wouldn't take nukes in the event she has some. Lelouch already doesn't look too good already and I don't think having him use nukes is going to make him more likable like they have been wanting to do.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-15, 09:41   Link #9303
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
yes, well I think it is safe to assume Code Geass is not one of them. The only reason Nina Einstien is in the show is to make a nuke.
In terms of scientific advancement, CG is rather tame. There are no sudden gains in power, for example the Guren is simply an upgrade that uses old technology. Nothing has ever been shown to appear just overnight. The Gaiwann (and Avalon) was the flight-pack project, from it came everything else.

Nina already made a fake-nuke. This however, doesn't mean she'll make the real Manhattan project nuke. In fact, I highly doubt she will. The idea of fission comes from Rutherford and subsequently took near a hundred years to develop into anything realistically powerful. I doubt they'll just have her fabricate fision all on her own in a years time, it doesn't really fit with the show's technological progression.
Old 2008-05-15, 09:43   Link #9304
KrimzonStriker

Sakuradite is the answer to all scientific barriers Var, it even made alchemy possible once upon a time if those old rumors are true
Old 2008-05-15, 09:51   Link #9305
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Sakuradite is the answer to all scientific barriers Var, it even made alchemy possible once upon a time if those old rumors are true
Um... No, its not. Sakuradite is an explosive/unstable energy source. It has no bearing on the physical process of fission. It is akin to the dynamite used in the atomic bombs to start of the chain reaction of fission, nothing more. The actual process of fission requires specific machinery and precise calculations to actually make work. And that machinery, given our world times, cannot be built in a year, especially if its a brand new field of study.
Old 2008-05-15, 09:54   Link #9306
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Um... No, its not. Sakuradite is an explosive/unstable energy source. It has no bearing on the physical process of fission. It is akin to the dynamite used in the atomic bombs to start of the chain reaction of fission, nothing more. The actual process of fission requires specific machinery and precise calculations to actually make work. And that machinery, given our world times, cannot be built in a year, especially if its a brand new field of study.
I wouldn't say it's a completely brand new field of study, just one that didn't get much attention given the Lloyd had known of the process as well.
Old 2008-05-15, 09:58   Link #9307
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Sakuradite could possibly speed up the production of a bomb or at least they could have them explore it in a different way from ours.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-15, 10:03   Link #9308
Var
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's a completely brand new field of study, just one that didn't get much attention given the Lloyd had known of the process as well.
The field is relatively knew, Lloyd knew about the power of the explosive. I'd figure he knew of the driving force being the Uranium and not the sakuradite. They made a fake-fission bomb, as I said. This, however, does not translate into understanding the concept of fission for a power source. It took over a decade to turn the atomic bomb into a controllable energy source. Sakuradite would play no role in the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Sakuradite could possibly speed up the production of a bomb or at least they could have them explore it in a different way from ours.
They already made a bomb, they simply forgot to include Plotonium... hence it being a fake-nuke. Without the plutonium the reaction may not even reach real fission.
Old 2008-05-15, 10:05   Link #9309
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Problems that could potentially be taken care of. They may not, but it's possible.

Old 2008-05-15, 10:07   Link #9310
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
The field is relatively knew, Lloyd knew about the power of the explosive. I'd figure he knew of the driving force being the Uranium and not the sakuradite. They made a fake-fission bomb, as I said. This, however, does not translate into understanding the concept of fission for a power source. It took over a decade to turn the atomic bomb into a controllable energy source. Sakuradite would play no role in the subject.

They already made a bomb, they simply forgot to include Plotonium... hence it being a fake-nuke. Without the plutonium the reaction may not even reach real fission.
Ohhhhh, your talking about nuclear energy. Well sure, I can see why it would take a while before that happened, she is still trying to sort through the bueracracy if Suzaku's words are any indication since she recently defended her thesis before some scientific council. Okay then... BTW how did the subject change from the bomb to the reactor again?

Well, you don't really know the properties of Sakuradite itself or what kind of effect it can have so you can't really say that, can you? >_>
Old 2008-05-15, 10:13   Link #9311
Var
Banned

Quote:
Ohhhhh, your talking about nuclear energy. Well sure, I can see why it would take a while before that happened, she is still trying to sort through the bueracracy if Suzaku's words are any indication since she recently defended her thesis before some scientific council. Okay then... BTW how did the subject change from the bomb to the reactor again?
The original discussion was about energy, since its in question concerning the Ganymede. The bomb was already made, its just not an actual nuke.
Old 2008-05-15, 10:15   Link #9312
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

We still need to know exactly what happened back then. It's clear the bomb didn't go off, but Lloyd and Schneizal must have thought Nina's ideas had some merit if they gave her a position. I think she'll come up with something. I just don't know what yet.

Old 2008-05-15, 10:16   Link #9313
KrimzonStriker

Ah, I see... so why the topic of energy for the Ganymade anyway? I mean, it wouldn't mean much in the long run if Lelouch did steal it as the bomb itself would be more important to him and I would think Sakuradite would still suffice given the recent expansion in energy drives according to the Lancelot >_>
Old 2008-05-15, 10:19   Link #9314
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Is the bomb still there? I know the Ganymede is, but it seems rather stupid to leave a bomb, even a non-working on, there attached to it.

Old 2008-05-15, 10:43   Link #9315
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

i dont think so.. if it was. people at the school would have spotted it. or shld a accident happen gino would have blew himself up =x

however.. regarding nina's box.. hmm
Old 2008-05-15, 10:45   Link #9316
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that wasn't Nina's box. It was C.C.'s. Rivalz just thought it was her's.

Old 2008-05-15, 11:02   Link #9317
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
In terms of scientific advancement, CG is rather tame. There are no sudden gains in power, for example the Guren is simply an upgrade that uses old technology. Nothing has ever been shown to appear just overnight. The Gaiwann (and Avalon) was the flight-pack project, from it came everything else.

Nina already made a fake-nuke. This however, doesn't mean she'll make the real Manhattan project nuke. In fact, I highly doubt she will. The idea of fission comes from Rutherford and subsequently took near a hundred years to develop into anything realistically powerful. I doubt they'll just have her fabricate fision all on her own in a years time, it doesn't really fit with the show's technological progression.
it is tame, because it is not Gundam.

which is why this series is awesome.

Old 2008-05-15, 11:37   Link #9318
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Last time I checked on the official site (with the special notes on the history of Knightmares), sakuradite was suggested to be a supraconductive mineral (like lanthanum or yttrium), which is now used in just about...everything. It can allow the transfer of energy with extremely low resistance, meaning: little is lost throughout the said transfer, in the form of heat or a surrounding magnetic field. The only catch is that it's highly volatile, as the sacrificed crew of that JLF cargo can easily testify. It's unknown as to whether it can be used as fuel for a nuke (and, no, it doesn't mean it can replace plutonium or the two uranium isotopes), like Li6D and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure that on its own it can deal a lot of damage.

...Although I believe this would rather belong to the 'Mechs, Weapons & Technology of Code Geass' thread.

Right now I'd say Nina is merely working on a PWR (pressurized water reactor) or something like that - nukes would be the next step on the agenda but even then it'd need a few years before a working prototype could be fielded and issued to the military.
Old 2008-05-15, 15:12   Link #9319
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Could we please, as I suggested a few moments ago, take this to the 'Mecha, Weapons & Technology of Code Geass' thread before 4Tran, Klashikari or another mod starts a deleting spree for our derailing the discussion? No offence to you two above, but I wouldn't want those folks to go postal here, since it seems certain topics have, as of recently, been prone to off-topicness.
Old 2008-05-15, 15:19   Link #9320
KrimzonStriker

Guys, move you butt to the mech forum already, your going to get deleted at this rate
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers