AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-04, 17:06   Link #1281
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What I personally believe this to be is Seven Arcs taking a step back. They've always liked keeping things vague, and most fanservice isn the former two seasons was shared between the various pairings, giving all sides an equal chance to say 'yes, this pairing is what I see'

In StrikerS though, they leaned too far to NanoFate. Sure, the two of them sleeping in the same bed, most could handle (it was a rather large bed after all) but then the double-mommy thing? That caused the NanoFate fanservice to skyrocket so much that the Yuunoha, NanoVita and Fatenum fanservice was sort of... blotted out. Seven Arcs was having trouble making people believe that Nanoha and Fate were 'just friends', they couldn't give people equal chances anymore.

So they decided to take a few steps back, retrace their steps to a point where they could twiddle their fingers and say 'married? of course they're not married' And when people ask if they are a pair, they could still twiddle their thumbs and say 'well, what do you think?'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 17:08   Link #1282
ramunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
.... which means I'm missing the Megami Vol 68 Christmas special thingy.

Anyways according to this:

http://nanoha.julynet.jp/?DVD%2CCD#d1c8742e

is what CDs have come out for sound stages and albums and stuff.

Yeah Japanese Nanoha wiki!
Sweet, that page has every soundtrack and sound stage.

Ok. Now I see what is going on

魔法少女リリカルなのはA's サウンドステージM
SSM-001 学習研究社/メガミマガジン2006年1月号(Vol.68)2005年11月30日発売号の 付録

M1 is the "Sound Stage M - Christmas Special Version" from A's

魔法少女リリカルなのは StrikerS サウンドステージM The StrikerS
SSM-002 学習研究社/メガミマガジン2007年5月号(Vol.84)2007年3月30日発売号の付 録。

Sound Stage M The StrikerS is considered SSM-002 or M2

(I don't know why they just called it M if it is indeed M2)

魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS サウンドステージM3
SSM-003 学習研究社/メガミマガジン2008年9月号(Vol.100)2008年7月30日発売号の 付録。

Sound Stage M3 would be SSM-003.

Now it all makes sense.
ramunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 19:32   Link #1283
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What I personally believe this to be is Seven Arcs taking a step back. They've always liked keeping things vague, and most fanservice isn the former two seasons was shared between the various pairings, giving all sides an equal chance to say 'yes, this pairing is what I see'

In StrikerS though, they leaned too far to NanoFate. Sure, the two of them sleeping in the same bed, most could handle (it was a rather large bed after all) but then the double-mommy thing? That caused the NanoFate fanservice to skyrocket so much that the Yuunoha, NanoVita and Fatenum fanservice was sort of... blotted out. Seven Arcs was having trouble making people believe that Nanoha and Fate were 'just friends', they couldn't give people equal chances anymore.

So they decided to take a few steps back, retrace their steps to a point where they could twiddle their fingers and say 'married? of course they're not married' And when people ask if they are a pair, they could still twiddle their thumbs and say 'well, what do you think?'
I think you're giving too much importance to a minor detail ^^U

Of course things will be always ambiguous, because as I said I think that no one can state something as a irrevocable fact in a open scenario (even if we, the fans, proclaimed NanoFate as canon with the release of the second MegaPack ^^U), and that's fault of Ivory and 7 Arcs for an awful plot development since StrikerS, everything was fine in the first two seasons ¬¬ Well, at least we have some good characters in StrikerS

About the NanoFate fanservice, I think this is misinterpreted by some people. More than fanservice, I see it more as a plot device. Even if the plot development was terrible, the new bonds between Fate and Nanoha played a role, it wasn't just your random "pantsu shoot" to have your average teenager interested in the series, but something that one in another way helped the series to be directed to a certain conclusion.

About the "steep back", we were discussing here with my friends a long time ago about how in a tv series you shouldn't "kill the cow" until the end of the story (sorry, I don't know the English equivalent to this expression, maybe it's the same, otherwise I think you will deduce it by context), but taking this to the Nanoha story line we have that they have an agonizing, with all the happy family/married couple thing and considering the kind of show this is, there have almost nothing more they can make to satisfy the fans, isn't like if they could show something explicit, so what they can do? If they keep doing the same over and over again no one can guarantee that it will keep working, so if you seriously consider this SS as a declaration of a "steep back", then it would be the perfect chance to "heal their cow" and have the fans happy one more time with more bonding moments, and hopefully with Satashi-like drama as she did nicely with her recent short ^^

About this same cow thing, I think that we have 2 cows for the 2 niches that this franchise is pointing. We have a practically infinite cow for the 'beamspam' niche, almost infinite because you have unlimited elements to create more fighting scenarios and power levels, and the 'yuri' niche for the people who watches this for the romance. The niches in most cases, and in this one in particular are complementaries, meaning that there are people who only want to watch girls fighting against each other and other shonen elements, and don't care about anything more, and people who only want to see Nanoha and Fate kissing, even if they know that they can show that in this series, so it's an obligation for the producers to take care of the two niches. Through my experience in the anime communities of different cultures, in Spanish, my main lenguage, and also in English and Chinese, I have learned that Nanoha has one of the biggest yuri fandoms I have seen (we have shared some numbers in this board I think) probably only suppered by 'Shiznatsu', but even if it's big even outside of Japan, the main niche will be always the wider one, in this case and the one looking for the standard shonen elements. The good thing is that it seems like both sides tolerate each other easily, so the producer can get a good synergy in this show as they did in StrikerS. The result wasn't very good but it wasn't a pointless try, so let's see what they will do for future seasons of their franchise ^^

And Preston, is nice to see that you're still here, that was a nice post, it's good to have basis on the Japanese culture. I think I don't need to see that I completely agree with you

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 21:04   Link #1284
Nagumo
Random Translator

Greetings, this is the very last last drama left in my translation to do list for StrikerS SS01.

I shall be posting the entire StrikerS SS01 translation in order latter on...

But first a request! Does anyone have the Megami Magazine Nanoha A's SSM1 ~Christmas special~ or whatever it's called. PM me if you do! Then I can start translating it!

20 – Shi-ringu Faito
20 – Sealing Fight

Rein: The battle field has been fixed/located on the ground of the riverbed. (bad translation)
Fate: Stars, head towards Lightning. Engage!
Teana: What is this? A squishy slime?
Caro: It looks… kinda cute.
Erio: Are these all part of its main body.
Hayate: It appears to protect itself it divides into many pieces and multiplies into more dummy pieces but in reality, it only has one true body.
Rein: If you manage to seal its true body, the dummies will all disappear.
Signum: If you leave them be the dummies separated from the true body will spread throughout/into the city.
Vita: The air team will gather the dummies spread out through the city. You guys do something about the true body.
Nanoha: Quickly think it through; quickly act/move on it.
Fate: You should be able to do it like we did in practice.
Teana: Yes ma’am! The attack went over there? (bageki? Bad translation)
Erio : The finishing blow (zangeki = beheading blow) went over there also!
Teana: The magic flames and multiple magic bullets had no effect on it.
Caro : As one would expect from a Lost Logia. It looks cute, but it’s really
Subaru : Erio, you think you can collect/assemble them, set your Strada into the ground and use lots of crackling lightning to blow it up?
Erio : Shall we try it?
Teana: We don’t know if we can stop it with electricity. And it appears that it’s invulnerable to electricity. Attacks that are hard to damage control are strictly forbidden. Subaru and Erio, you guys make sure that the enemy doesn’t spread any further. Me and Caro will search for its true body and seal it.
S+E: Yes ma’am.
Shamal: The recruits are doing quite well. If you compare them from before, they’re like completely different people (bad translation).
Hayate: It’s probably the result of Nanoha-chan’s teamwork training.
Rein: Viita’s also been working on her teamwork lately as well.
Teana: The readings on this one is different. Is this it’s real body?
Caro: I’ll catch it. Summon Wrought Iron ~ Alchemic chain!
Teana: The barrier expanded?
Caro: It’s unexpectedly… powerful/strong.
Subaru: Erio, coordinate attacks with me!
Erio: Roger, Subaru-san!
Strada: Explosion!
Subaru: Mach Caliber.
Mach Caliber: Load cartridge.
Erio: Strike Driver!
Teana: The barrier has been destroyed. Cross Mirage, Barrett F! (hard to hear… what the heck did she say exactly?)
Cross Mirage: Load cartridge.
Caro: I request/call for a cage to capture. From the celestial archer (Sagittarius?) arrow, the power to seal. (我が乞うは、捕縛の檻。流星の射手の弾丸に、封印の力を wow this is a lot fancier than I thought)
Kerkyion: Get set.
Teana+Caro: Sealing~! Shoot!
Erio: Sealing, successful!
Signum: Hm, not bad.
Hayate: Okay then, the action has been confirmed. Let’s prepare a complete seal for this thing… Shamal?
Shamal: Yes.
Caro: Um, excuse me Commander Hayate, Dr. Shamal. Could I try to a complete seal on it? I want to practice.
Rein: Hm, now that’s the spirit/right attitude!
Shamal: Okay then, we’ll be watching from here, so try it.
Caro: Thank you.
Fate: It looks like Caro’s back up spells/skills have gotten better/grown/more varied.
Nanoha: Yeah, she’s really doing/trying her best.
Fate: You know, sealing Lost Logia’s, it reminds me of the past.
Nanoha: Hahaha. It really does.
Caro: Let’s see… alright, I’ve done it!
Rein: Well then, I’ll just confirm then.
Caro: Please do!
Nanoha: I think I’ll mail Yuuno-kun latter about today.
Hayate: Okay then, sealing has been completed, that means our mission is over.
All: Yes ma’am.
Old 2008-08-04, 21:06   Link #1285
Nagumo
Random Translator

01 - Seiou Kyoukai
01 - Seiou (Holy King) Church

Old Man: Today is such a good day.
Old woman: Yes, a wonderous day. Truly, thanks to the Holy King. (bad translation)
Schach : Excuse me, Knight (Sir) Carim.
Carim: Oh Schach .
Schach : It's time for a break, I've brought some tea.
Carim: Thank you, Schach .
Schach : The urgent message from before, was it something serious.
Carim: Oh it's nothing like that. It's a confirmation about a lost logia.
Schach : On an supervised world.
Carim: It's a request from HQ. It seems they don't have enough people to dispatch a team to investigate and retrieve it. (bad translation)
Schach : Is that why Division 6 is being called in? They specialize in relics. (Badly translated)
Carim: That's because they're only ones who can handle relics. (bad translation) To be truthful, I don't want to move Division 6 from Mid. There isn't anyone in the knighthood that can be dispatched right now.
Schach : I see. Where is the dispatch too? Is it a far away world?
Carim: Oh, I haven't checked that yet. Huh?...
Schach : This world...

02 - Haken Ninmu no Ikisaki wa
02 - The dispatch mission is to...

Subaru: A... dispatch mission?...
Teana: More over, to another world.
Nanoha: Yes, a private decision. If there are no emergencies, in the next two hours we're departing. Subaru. Teana.
S&T: Yes.
Nanoha: After you clean up the equipment here, prepare for departure.
Subaru: Yes, Nanoha-san.
Teana: Roger!

Caro: Is it because of a relic or gadgets?
Fate: We don't know yet. But it appears to be connected to a lost logia.
Erio: Yes.
Fate: Well, everyone is being dispatched. So it isn't different from any other mission. So Erio and Caro, don't worry about it. (Bad translation: eejyoushin)
E&C: Yes.
Fate: Get ready then. We'll be meeting at the heliport outside.
E&C: Yes, Fate-san.

Subaru: Erio! Caro!
Erio: Subaru-san, Tea-san.
Caro: Sorry to keep you waiting.
Teana: There's still time and besides the Captains haven't arrived yet.
Hayate: Oh, everyone's here.
Teana: Huh, Commander Yagami and sub commander Viita.
Viita: Hey.
Caro: Subcommander Signum and Doctor Shamal.
Signum: Yes.
Shamal: Hey~!
Rin: I'm here too!
Teana: Master Sergeant Rin as well?
Erio: It can't mean... that we're all dispatching.
Hayate: Yes, I've left Griffin in charge of the division and Zafira will be guarding the base while we're gone.
Nanoha: Not only is our target a mystery, it's a lost logia as well. So we're dispatching all the members.
Fate: And... the place we're heading to...
Teana: Where are we going?
Hayate: #97 non administrated world. Current Planet name: Earth. On that world, there's a small island with a small city called Uminari city, Japan. It seems that the lost logia has been detected there.
Caro: Earth, you mean where Fate-san used to live.
Nanoha: Me and Commander Hayate were born there.
Hayate: Yup.
Signum: We lived there for six years about.
Shamal: It's been awhile since we've returned home.
Hayate: To a certain extent, it's also a educational investigation, so commanding officers are necessary.
Viita: Now that that's said and done. Are you ready?
Everyone: Yes!
Nanoha: Okay then, we're departing.

03 - Riin Souchou!?
03 - Master Sergeant (Sergeant Major in the JSDF apparently) Rin!?

Erio: We were only just talking about our homelands yesterday, and now this, what mysterious timing. (bad translation)
Subaru: It sure is!
Caro: Let's see, #97 supervised world. Culture level B.
Teana: Magic culture level: nonexistent. Dimensional travel means/methods: nonexistent. What, there's no magic culture?
Subaru: Nope, my father's magic ability is zero too.
Caro: You got yours from your mother right?
Subaru: Yup!
Teana: No, what I mean, is how can such a world be the homeland of over rank S mages like Captain Nanoha and Commander Hayate.
Hayate: I guess you can call it a sudden fate or an accident.
Teana: Wha... Sorry!
Hayate: Oh don't worry about.
Nanoha: Me and Captain Hayate discovered magic accidentally.
Everyone: Really?
Shamal: Okay~, here is Rin-chan's clothing.
Rin: Oh, thank you Shamal!
Caro: Huh? Rin-san what's with those clothing.
Rin: These hand me downs are from Hayate-chan childhood.
Erio: Ah, that's not what we meant.
Caro: It's just that it looks like a normal sized person's clothing.
Rin: Oh yeah, I've never shown the Forwards before have I. System Switch. Out frame, Full size! I can also become this size too. (odd translation)
Teana: You're huge...
Subaru: Well no, you're still small.
Caro: You're about the size of a normal girl.
Viita: In the other world, there aren't little Rin-sized humans normally floating about.
Teana: ... Um I don't Mid has them either.
Viita: Yeah...
Rin: Hm... It seems I'm about the same size of Erio and Caro.
Erio: So it seems.
Caro: Rin-san is very cute.
Teana: Master Sergeant Rin wouldn't it be more convenient to remain in that size?
Rin: In this form my magic consumption and efficiency isn't that good. If I remain in my flying compact form, it's better.
Caro: I see!
Signum: Commander Yagami, it's time.
Hayate: Very well. Captain Nanoha, Captain Fate. Me and my second in command have another appointment to go to.
Nanoha: We'll be going on ahead then.
Everyone: Thank you for your hard work!
Hayate: Thanks.

04 - Genchi Touchaku Sono 1
04 - Arrival Spot Part 1

Rin: We have arrived!
Subaru: This is...
Caro: Nanoha-san's homeland.
Fate: That's right!
Nanoha: It's not that much different from Mid.
Teana: The sky is blue and there's only one sun too.
Caro: The mountain, the water and smell of nature is exactly the same.
Erio: The lake is beautiful too.
Teana: Say, where is this place anyways? It feel's a cottage. (bad translation)
Rin: It is the villa of the person who owns the land. She let's us use it to disguise our arrivals. (Bad translation)
Teana: Owns the land? A car? This world has them too.
Arisa: Nanoha! Fate!
Nanoha: Arissa-chan!
Fate: Arissa.
Arisa: Really, it's been way too long.
Nanoha: Ahaha, sorry about that.
Fate: We've been really busy.
Arisa: I've been busy too! I'm a university student now!
Rin: Arisa-chan! Hello!
Arisa: Oh, it's been awhile.
Rin: Yes it has.
Fate: I'll introduce you. This is my, Nanoha's and Hayate's childhood friend.
Arisa: I am Arissa Bannings! Nice to meet you.
Everyone: Nice to meet you.
Arisa: Oh, where's Hayate and the others?
Rin: They'll be arriving latter. They'll be using a different arrival spot somewhere else.
Fate: Most likely at Suzuka's place.

05 - Genchi Touchaku Sono 2
05 - Arrival Spot Part 2.

Hayate: Ah, sorry about that kitty cats.
Shamal: Oh kitty cats! It's been awhile.
Suzuka: Hayate-chan!
Hayate: Suzuka-chan! It's been awhile. Are you doing all right?
Suzuka: Yes, I'm fine.
Hayate: Thanks for all the emails, oh and the pictures of the cats!
Suzuka: Oh no, thank you Hayate for worrying about me.
Hayate: What are you saying. Your allowing us to use your home's backyard for teleporting after all.
Suzuka: It has been awhile everyone.
Signum: It has truly been a long time since we met. (lit: (polite) We have neglected to see you.)
Viita: It's been awhile.
Shamal: Suzuka-chan. You've become quite the beautiful.
Suzuka: Because of your work, you can't stay for very long can you?
Hayate: Yeah, but it's only to look for a missing item.
Suzuka: Good luck then. If you have time, let's have dinner together.
Hayate: Of course.
Suzuka: Your going to use the car right? I'll go get the car out from the garage.
Hayate: Oh, I'll go with you. Okay everyone.
Viita: Okay, go ahead.
Signum: We'll waiting at the entrance for you.
Suzuka: I was planning to head on over to Arissa's place as well, can I go with you?
Hayate: Of course!

06 - Ninmu Kaishi!
06 - Commence Mission!

Nanoha: Well then, I guess I'll start explaining the basic details of our mission.
All: Yes ma'am.
Nanoha: This is our search area. The entire Uminari City. This is where we detected a reaction. Here, here and here.
Teana: It's moving around.
Fate: That's right, we aren't sure if someone is moving it around or if it's moving independently.
Nanoha: We still haven’t confirmed how dangerous the Lost Logia is either.
Fate: However, even if it is a relic, there aren't a lot of people on this world who can use magic so the chances of it activating (or going berserk) is very low.
Nanoha: That being said, our target is a Lost Logia, we don't know what could happen and we don't know where it is. We can't be careless, so let's properly search for it.
Fate: Now then, the lieutenants (sub commanders/sub captains) will be supporting us latter.
Nanoha: All hands, prepare for departure. (bad translation)
Nanoha: Rein, we’ll be leaving mid range scans to you okay.
Rein: Leave it to me!
Nanoha: Cross Mirage also has search magic modifications set up on it. So let’s split up into pairs between the two and search away from each other a little.
T+S: Okay.
Fate: Also for the places in the city, set your searcher and sensor. I think that’s all for our equipment settings.
C+E: Yes.
Signum: Captain, sorry I'm late.
Fate: Signum! Don't worry we were about to begin.
Hayate: Long Arch is also prepared/ready.
Viita: I will be setting up my search and sensor magic as I travel to meet up with Stars.
Fate: Roger.
Hayate: Well then, Mobile Section Six official mission: Lost Logia search, begin (mission)!
All: Roger!
Nanoha: Rin, how does it feel to be back in Uminari after so long?
Rein: Hm, hee hee. It’s brings back a lot of memories! What about you Nanoha-san?
Nanoha: For me it’s not that it brings back a lot of memories but rather ‘I can’t believe I came here on business’ sort of feeling.
Rein: Ha ha ha.
Teana: You know, this place looks exactly/ a lot like Mid’s countryside. Even the city buildings and people’s clothings…
Subaru: Hm, but I kind of like how it feels/looks.
Teana: Well, it does feel/seem really relaxed here.
Subaru: Oh Tea! Is that an ice cream shop?
Teana: Hm, yeah it looks like one. Er, stop right there. Don’t think of food/eating while we are in the middle of a mission! It’s embarrassing.
Subaru: Ohhh....
Viita: Oh Captain Nanoha, I will be moving under Long Arch’s direct control/command. I’ll be scanning/covering from high altitude/the sky.
Nanoha: Roger, I'm relying on you Lieutenant (sub commander) Viita.
Rein: Are you sure that Rin doesn't need to help?
Viita: I'll be fine! Rin should just help Nanoha. Rin's detection/probe magic is the best there is.
Rein: Okay then, Viita-chan!
Nanoha: Well, see you later then.
Viita: Yeah.
Shamal: Search probes operation confirmed. It looks promising.
Hayate: If this keeps up, we’ll have searched most of it by nightfall.

Arisa: It looks like Nanoha and the others are working hard as usual.
Suzuka: Let’s prepare dinner for them. Since we’re at the cottage, we should have a barbeque.
Arisa: Sounds good. Nanoha’s students look like they’re able to eat a lot too. Let’s go all out and buy food.
Suzuka: Yes.

07 - Nanoha-san no...
07 - Nanoha-san's...

Shamal: This is Long Arch to Stars and Lightning. We just got some new information from the Head Church. The Lost Logia's master/owner has been identified, it was lost during transport and there doesn't seem to be any risk of a dimensional rift.
Hayate: The property simply got lost, there isn't any combat. However, it's a very valuable item so they want us to try and capture it without any damage. So let's just do it by the numbers. (bad translation)
All: Roger.
Nanoha: I guess that takes a load off our shoulders eh.
Rein: Yup.
Subaru: I feel relieved.
Rein: It's starting to get dark now, so it's time for dinner right?
Nanoha: Lightning, how's it going over there?
Fate: This is Lightning, everyone over here is tired. So we'll be heading back to the arrival point. (bad translation) Long Arch, should we buy something on the way back?
Hayte: This is Long Arch, thanks but it seems like our civilian collaborators are preparing a meal for all of us.
Fate: Roger, I'll pick up the Star's team with the car then.
Nanoha: Thanks, Captain Fate. Hm, but going back empty handed just seems... Oh hey, mom! It's me Nanoha!... Yeah, because of my job we came back... Yup... We're really close by... So I was wondering if I got bring back some cake for everyone... Yeah, (can't hear over the other's voices, but I guess "enough cake for about fifteen people")... Okay, We'll be at the store in ten minutes... Well, then we're going to be taking a small detour
(Subaru: Nanoha-san's...)
(Erio: Mother...)
(Teana: I know... she existed but...)
Rein: Yup, yup!
Teana: Um, by store do you mean?
Nanoha: Yup, my family runs a cafe.
Rein: Cafe Midoriya! It's very classy and delicious place.
S+T: EH?!!

08 - Kissa Midori ya
08 - Cafe Midori

Nanoha: Mom, I'm back.
Momoko : Oh Nanoha, welcome home.
(Teana: Whoa, her mom's so young!)
(Subaru: Yeah...)
Rein: Oh Momoko-san, it's been awhile!
Momoko : Oh Rein-chan! It's so good to see you!
Shirou: Oh Nanoha, welcome home.
Miyuki: Welcome home Nanoha.
Nanoha: Dad! Sis!... Oh, these two are my students.
Shirou: Oh, hello and welcome.
Subaru: Ye... Yes!
Teana: Hello.
Momoko: I was just about to pack the cakes into a box.
Nanoha: Thanks. We're planning to meet up with Fate latter, so you don't mind if we hang around here for a moment do you?
Momoko: Of course!
Shirou: Oh, there's some tea and coffee in the pot. Take some with you.
Rein: Thank you very much!
Momoko: Why don't you have some tea and take a break?
Subaru: Um ... Oh! I'm Subaru Nakajima!
Teana: Teana Lanscaster.
Momoko: Subaru-chan and Teana-chan...
Shirou: Would you two like some tea or coffee?
Teana: Um, sure. I like either one of them.
Momoko: For Rin-chan, it's almond cocoa right?
Rein: Yup!
Nanoha: Oh Subaru, Teana, why don't you come over here.
T+S: Yes ma'am!
Momoko: I'm sure you two have a hard time with work, so here's some milk tea to perk you up.
Subaru: Yes!
Teana: Thank you very much.
Shirou: Hey you two, how's my Nanoha doing as a teacher? I'm not quite sure I understand what you guys do over there.
Subaru: Ah... Um, she's a very good teacher
Teana: She's extremely famous in the bureau. All the younger mages admire her.
Family: Really?
Nanoha: Ur... Hey that reminds me, how's onii-chan (older brother) and Shinobu-san doing well?
Miyuki: Yup. They came home yesterday but though they already went back to Germany.
Nanoha: I see. They're both busy with their jobs aren't they?
Shirou: Are you keeping touch with them by email?
Nanoha: Yeah.
(Subaru: Um, ya know... )
Momoko: Here you go Nanoha. There's twenty cakes (she means slices) in here.
Nanoha: Thanks.
Momoko: They're all different types as well.
(Teana: ... Nanoha-san ... looks/acts like a normal girl. (in the context of the situation... They never expected Nanoha to act like this.))
Rein: I look forward to eating them!
(Subaru: ... Yeah...)
Shirou: Oh, would you like to have to a cookie. It's our proud new addition to the menu.
Teana: Oh, please don't trouble yourself.
Subaru: Ye... Yeah...
Rein: But they look so delicious!
Nanoha: Okay, then here's one for Rein.
Rein: Ittadakimasu! (lit. thanks for the meal!)

09 - Ichidou Shuugou in Cottage
09 – Everyone assembled at the Cottage

Nanoha: Thanks for the ride Fate-chan.
Caro: Oh, I can smell something really good.
Fried: Ku ku~le!
Erio: Yeah…
Fate: Hayate and the others must have started making dinner for us.
Arisa: Welcome back!
Suzuka: Nanoha-chan! Fate-chan!
Nanoha: Suzuka-chan!
Fate: Suzuka.
Nanoha: It’s been a real long time!
Fate: Have you been doing well Suzuka?
Suzuka: Yeah.
Nanoha: We’ve only contacted each other through mail and pictures all the time, so we didn’t get to hear each other voices.
Suzuka: Tell me about it.
Fate: How’s university life, same as always?
Suzuka: Schoolwork is a big pain!
Subaru: Tea, the Captains really are normal girls...
(Arisa: What are you talking about? Hey listen, this girl is getting great marks and chased by all sorts of guys and is having the greatest time of a maiden’s life! - hard to hear -)
Tea: Agreed. How does Lightning think?
(Suzuka: Wha-! That, that’s not true at all!)
Erio: Um, well to me, Nanoha-san and Fate-san are both normal women…)
(Arisa: When we went on campus it was terrible! –hard to hear-)
Caro: Oh I see, Erio, out of all of us, is the one who’s known them both before the longest.)
(Fate: It looks like you’re having a lot of trouble.)
Erio: Yes.
Subaru: Huh?
Teana: That car…
Ami: Hi.
Arf: Hey everyone, doing your job?
Miyuki: The onee-chan’s arrive (the older sisters make their entrance!).
Erio: Amy-san?
Caro: Arf?
Subaru: And… Miyuki-san?
Tea: But we just saw each other a little while ago.
Miyuki: Well, Amy said she really wanted to go and see Nanoha-chan and the others. And I was just about done with my shift.
Caro: I see.
Amy: Erio, Caro, you been well?
E+C: Yes!
Arf: Oh you two, have you gotten taller?
Erio: Hahaha, what do you think?
Caro: I guess we’ve gotten a little taller.
(Subaru: Hm, is that someone’s familiar?)
(Tea: Dog ears and tail… Puppy form?)
(Subaru: Looks around ten years old? She’s so small and cute!)
Fate: Arf!
Arf: Fate! Fate! Fate! Fate!
Fate: Arf, you look good.
Arf: I’m am!
Amy: Oh, I really owe Arf one. She’s the small ones/kids play partner and baby-sitter/minder.
Nanoha: I see.
Arf: I am Harlaown family’s familiar and it’s pretty fun to look after the kids.
Amy: Oh, Nanoha-chan, Yuuno-kun’s not here with you?
Nanoha: No, I’m here on official Mobile Section Six business.
Fate: Oh Amy, where’s Carol and Liera?
Amy: Oh my mother’s looking after them, I thought about bringing them over but it’s almost bedtime for them.
Fate: I see.
Caro: Hm, this sound…
Teana: This smell…

Hayate: Oh, hey everyone, welcome back!
Shamal: Welcome home~!
All: Section Commander Yagami?!
Tea: Why are you personally cooking on the teppanyaki?
Caro: What are you… we’ll do that ourselves!
Hayate: Ah, well you see we had some time to kill and besides it’s my hobby to cook.
Vita: Section Commander Yagami’s cooking is giga-delicious. You should be thankful she’s cooking.
Signum: Shamal… you didn’t try to help (cook anything)… did you?
Shamal: Oh, Signum you’re terrible.
Hayate: She only helped a bit, right? Like cutting the vegetables.
Vita: Well, if you only cut the vegetables. (Well, if it's just cutting vegetables.)
Signum: We should be all right/safe. (It should be all right.)
???: Dr. Shamal, could it be that you’re terrible at…
Shamal: No, Dr. Shamal is not terrible at cooking!
Tea: Um…
Nanoha: I’ll help out.
Fate: I’ll help out too. Forwards, could you bring out the plates/cutlery and set the table up?
All: Yes ma’am
Arisa: Heh, they’re so energetic.
Suzuka: Everyone’s so cute.

10 - Kazoku no Omoi, Tomodachi no Omoi
10 – Feelings of Family, Feelings of Friends

Hayate: I guess everyone’s done eating and drinking now.
Amy: Yes, seems like it.
Hayate: Well everyone, despite this being a mission and all, it feels like it’s turned more into a break.
Fate: And it’s almost time for the results of the search spell and wide area analysis too. So we have a little more time to relax.
Nanoha: Members of Mobile Six, now that we’ve regained our strength, let us do our best on the rest of the mission.
Arisa: Take it easy everyone.
All: Yes!
Hayate: Since we have the time, why don’t we have our local collaborators and Mobile Six members introduce themselves to each other.
Nanoha: Okay then, starting from that end first please.
Arisa: Er, I’m a normal local, Arisa Bannings. I’m the one who ownd/prepared/provided this place for you. I’ve been friends with Fate, Nanoha, and Hayate for the last 10 years. Even now we’re good friends. Okay, you next Suzuka.
Suzuka: I, too, am a normal local and a friend of the three as well. Tsukimura Suzuka. I’m currently a university student. I’ve been in Nanoha-chan’s, Hayate-chan’s and Fate-chan’s good graces for a very long time.
Arf: From Midchilda and Fate’s familiar, I am Arf. Actually, the only people who’ve never met me before is… er… only Nanoha’s two students?
Teana: Yes.
Subaru: That’s correct.
Arf: Ahaha, aw you guys don’t have to be so polite. Erio and Caro talk to me normally/casually.
E+C: Yes.
Arf: Let’s see, long ago I used to run around here with Fate but since Fate’s situation/circumstances have changed and all. So instead of sticking around her, I figure I’d go do a job protecting her family and her home. So the last four years, I’ve pretty much retired from active duty/service. So right now, I’m helping Amy-chan at the Harlaown house doing housework and stuff.
Amy: She’s a really great help with the housework.
Erio: When I was small, she used to play with me a lot.
Caro: Me, too.
Subaru: I see.
Arf: Well, I might come and pay a visit to ya at Mobile Six one of these days (bad translation). Nice ta meet ya.
Amy: Hm, I guess I’m the only one here who has very deep ties with Midchilda, I am Amy Harlaown. I used to be a Dimensional Navy communication officer, commanding/commissioned officer/captain aide (bad translations), was posted on the Asura and ended up meeting Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan and Hayate-chan while I was serving there. It’s already been ten years since then. After that, lots of things have happened. I’ve become friends with Miyuki over here and ended up marrying Fate-chan’s older brother Admiral Chrono Harlaown, right now I’m raising our children.
Arf: I’m with the mother.
Amy: And that’s it.
Subaru: Huh? That means…
Teana: It means she’s the wife of our patron Admiral Chrono Harlaown (bad translation… koukennin?)… and also Fate-san’s sister in law.
Subaru: Oh, I see…
Nanoha: Okay, you’re next onee-chan.
Miyuki: Right then, I’m a local as well. I’m Takamichi Miyuki, which means I’m Captain…?
Nanoha: Yup.
Miyuki: Captain Takamichi Nanoha’s older sister. Ten years ago, Nanoha managed to have a chance encounter magic and then was invited to join the TSAB and got a job with them. It seems like she found a great post/position and went off to Midchilda. Without giving us any time to recover from surprise or bewilderment, Nanoha had already went off on her own path. Nanoha’s been through a lot, and listening to Fate-chan and Hayate-chan she’s gone through more things since then. Even though it’s a job dedicated to maintaining peace and safety, it’s a job that has a lot of dangers. Even now we worry about her a lot. But I heard that Nanoha’s found her dream: to have a job that let’s her use magic properly as a mage, to teach and guide people in all sorts of things. So we’re patiently waiting for her safe return to this world. Ha, ever since she was little, she’s been so stubborn and wilful. Even if try to tell her it’s impossible, whatever she puts her mind to (decides), she’ll do whatever it takes to make it happen. Er… I guess I’m acting like an overly proud (ane-baka) older sister? (bad translation at some places)
Amy: It’s all right, all right.
Arf: You’re exactly like Amy to Chrono.
Miyuki: That being said… students!
All: Um, yes?
Miyuki: I’ve heard that (or I know that) Nanoha-sensei is a very strict teacher but please try to help her out the best you can. A request from her older sister.
Nanoha: Onee-chan! Um, you do know that as a superior officer that I have to maintain my dignity
Miyuki: Wha~? Oh don’t be like that!
Amy: It’s important to be personable/affable (the nuance of shitashii is friendly/close/intimate) as well. Right?
Caro: Hm? Tea-san?
Teana: What is it?
Caro: Oh, nothing.
Fate: Okay then, let’s have the Forwards introduce themselves. Subaru please start.
Subaru: Yes ma’am. Stars Squad 03, Front Attacker, Subaru Nakajima! When I was eleven years old, I was caught up in an accident at the airport when I was rescued by Nanoha-san. Ever since that encounter, I’ve been…

11 - Subaru to Tiana
11 - Subaru and Teana

Subaru: I wonder if there’s any juice left…
Arissa: There’s about five or six bottles left.
Suzuka: We left them in the lake to cool.
Teana: Oh, then we’ll go and get them.
Subaru: Erio, Caro, come and help us.
E+C: Okay.
Subaru: It’s really bustling in there, isn’t it?
Caro: It really is.
Subaru: Both Master Sergeant (sergeant major) Rin and Sub Commander/Captain (Second Lieutenant) Vita are both being treated so affectionately by Arisa-san and the others.
Erio: Yeah.
Caro: You know, looking at such a heart warming, bustling scene of friends and family really makes you want to protect them all with your body and soul/all your might/everything you got.
Teana: I suppose.
Caro: Um, you know…Eh…
E+T+S: Hm?
Caro: Lately, I’ve been thinking that Mobile Six is starting look a lot like a family to me.
Teana: Really now?
Caro: Even though I got along with my fellow battalion member when I was part of the nature/wildlife conservation/preservation battalion/division but when I’m with Mobile Six it feels a bit different
Subaru: Hm, well the commanders/captains get along great and Shirley-san and Master Sergeant (S.Major) Rin seem really open hearted/good humoured with us.
Erio: Alto and Lucino and the maintenance staff are all very kind as well.
Caro: Of course, Subaru-san and Tea-san too.
Teana: Hn, thanks,
Caro: Yes.
Erio: Oh, so this is the juice right?
Caro: Wow, there’s so much. Eh, ah, the water is so cold!
Teana: Hey you two, try not to fall in.
Caro: Don’t worry about it~! AH!
Erio: Caro, watch out!... *Sigh* Phew (thank goodness)…
Caro: I’m so sorry.
Teana: Oh, really you two. Take those and go ahead, we’ll bring the rest ourselves.
Subaru: Tea… Tea!
Teana: What?
Subaru: Aren’t you glad we joined Mobile six?
Teana: We don’t know about that. During training all we’ve done so far is repeat the basics a bit. We’re still not sure if we’ve really/truly gotten stronger at all.
Subaru: We have! Your strength/power and accuracy has definitely gone up.
Teana: That’s because my Cross Mirage is so superior/excellent.
Subaru: Cross Mirage is a device that was born for Tea’s sake. Rin-san and the others said so. Just like my Mach Calibre…. Hey Tea.
Teana: What?
Subaru: Erio and Caro have started to like you/warm up to you… so you’re not alone anymore.
Teana: I see…
Subaru: Though we’re partners now, should we part one day… Remember that I love (daisuki… WHOA Subaru, loaded word you’re using there, at least you didn’t use ‘ai’) you, Tea…
Teana: Don’t say something that invites misunderstanding! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BY ‘LOVE’ (daisuki), YOU IDIOT!
Subaru: OW! OW! ACK!... I’M SOWWY! I’M REALLY SOWWY!
Teana: You don’t have to be so worry about me. I am not lonely. I’m fine, even with you wearing/tiring me out.
Subaru: Urg…
Teana: Having no relatives, being alone, or seeing happy families and feeling jealous. I’m used to it all now.
Subaru: … Even so, I’m by your side Tea. We’ve worked so hard together as partners after all.
Teana: Right, right, I got it already. Let’s go, everyone’s waiting for us.
Subaru: Um… Sure!

13 - Souin, Sentou Taisei!
13 - All hands, Prepare for the Public Bath!

All: Thanks for the meal!
Hayate: Well then I'll go contact Schach-chan to start her surveillance and we can go and take a bath. (bad translation)
All: Yes.
Shamal: Well, even if we did that, as long as we leave our devices on, we can confirm anything we sense.
Nanoha: Lately it's gotten really convenient.
Rein: The progress of technology!
Arissa: The problem is there's no bath here and it's not exactly warm enough to bath in the lake...
Shamal: I guess...
Arissa: It has to be...
Shamal: You mean there?
Miyuki: It's gotta be there.
Nanoha: Well then, all hands of Mobile Six and prepare a spare change of clothing and be ready to leave.
Fate: We shall be heading towards the city's Super Baths.
Subaru: Super...
Teana: Baths?
Woman: Welcome to Uminari Sparkle Spas! How many today?
Hayate: Let's see, ten adults and...
Fate: Four children.
Teana: Erio and Caro and...
Rein: Me and Arf!
Arf: Yup!
Subaru: Um, Vice-Captain Viita is...
Viita: I'm an adult!
Woman: Um, sure. Please come in.
Hayate: I'll pay for everyone, you guys go ahead.
All: Okay.
Erio: Phew, good. The mens are seperate.
Caro: I heard the baths are really big. I'm looking forward to it, right Erio.
Erio: Um, yeah that's right. So please enjoy it with Subaru and the others.
Caro: Huh, what about you, Erio-kun?
Erio: Huh!? Me?! Um, well I am a boy.
Caro: True but take a look at that.
Erio: Announcement? (Bad translation) Um, only children under the age of 11 are allowed into both the female and male baths please.
Caro: Erio-kun is ten years old.
Fate: It's been awhile, so let's take a bath together.
Caro: Fate-san!
Erio: Um, er, um, um well, um I don't think, um Subaru and the Captains, oh and Arissa and the others are present so...
Arissa: Huh, I don't particularly mind.
Teana: Besides, we offered to wash your hair for you before.
Subaru: I'm fine with it. Right?
Nanoha: I'm sure it's fine if we go in together.
Fate: That's right, it's been awhile since I've taken a bath with Erio-kun. I kinda want to go in together.
Erio: Um... Er... Um... I appreciate the feelings but... I respectfully decline your offer.
C+F: Oh~...
Erio: I'll be waiting here for you after I get out. Sorry. Please excuse me!
Fate: Oh, now he's gone.
Shamal: We paid for everyone in Mobile 6 now. Let's go in.
Caro: Well then...
Old 2008-08-04, 21:07   Link #1286
Nagumo
Random Translator

14 - Sentou Joukyou 1 Taichou Tachito Yuujin to
14 - Public Bath Situation 1: The Captains and their friends.

Subaru: W~o~w~... It's so beautiful...
Teana: You can say that again.
Nanoha: Subaru, Teana. Come over here, I'll show you how to use the hotwater and what to do.
S+T: Okay.
Viita: Wow, it's changed quite a bit.
Signum: The number of baths have multiplied as well. Since we're on the job, we can't take our time to enjoy it.
Shamal: It's all right as long as we're prepared to move out on a moment's notice when we detect something.
Signum: Not while we're on duty.
Viita: And we are the vice-captains...
Shamal: Very well then.
Rein: Hey everyone!
Hayate: You were waiting for us?
Shamal: Since it's such a long time, we thought we should go in together.
Hayate: We shouldn't soak for too long but try to relax a bit.
Signum: Yes.
Arissa: Anyways Nanoha, your sense of style and balance is excellent/great as always. (badly translated?... is she talking about nanoha's body? O_O
Nanoha: Uh, really? It must be because I work out all the time... (bad translation)
Suzuka: And Fate-chan's skin is, hah,... smooth as expected.
Fate: Heh heh, Suzuka, that tickles.
Subaru: Tea, let's go into that bath over there... It looks really good/nice!
Teana: Yeah, it sure does.
Miyuki: The kids are so energetic and happy.
Shamal: Truly...
Rein: We should lay back and relax.
Miyuki: Yeah.
Shamal: Lay back and relax.
??? (Arf? Rein?): Hey, that reminds me. Carol ain't here.
Teana: Huh? Hey, you're right.

15 - Sentou Joukyou 2 Erio to Caro
15 - Bath House Circumstances 2: Erio and Caro

Man: This is how you close it. And you do this to open it. Got it?
Erio: Yes, thank you very much. That helped alot.
Man: Okay then, see ya.
Erio: Thank you very much... Well then...
Woman: ... Here ya go...
Caro: Thank you very much... Erio-kun~....
Erio: C... C... Ca... Caro... Caro... Er... Y.... Yo... Your... Your clothin-
Caro: Oh, I took them off in the woman's changing room. Hee hee.... So you see, the towel is...
Erio: You don't have to show me!!!
Caro: Oh... Heh, sorry.
Erio: Wait a second, um, you know that this is the men's side right?
Caro: Girls who are under the age of 11 are allowed in the men's side, [just like boys on the woman's side (this part is implied in Caro's explanation)]. The manager told me so.
Erio: Er... Um... Well... That is...

16 - Erio to Caro in Rotenburo
16 - Erio and Caro in the Rotenburo (rotenburo is an Japanese bath that is outside, usually under the sky)

Caro: Oh... Amazing. You can see the sky while you're in this bath.
Erio: Er... Um... Yeah, you can. Children only rotenburo, boys over the age of 12 are not allowed. In any case, both me and Caro are... how do I say it... safe (fine) ... Probably...
Caro: Um... Erio-kun, your face is completely red. Am I bothering to you?
Erio: Ah, no! No! You’re not!
Caro: Okay... Soak the towel in cold water ... And put it on Erio's forehead... There!
Erio: C~o~l~d...
Caro: Doesn't it feel nice and cool?
Erio: Yeah it is!
Caro: When I was getting lightheaded at the onsen with Fate-san before, Fate-san did this to me.
Erio: I see... It really feels nice.
Caro: And now a little more water. There!
Erio: Caro, it's cold.
Caro: I'm so glad. Erio-kun finally laughed.
Erio: Huh? Oh... Sorry about that.
Caro: No. You know, we're so busy with training and Erio-kun is very serious. You never chat/do small talk when you’re working. I wanted to say this ever since our first meeting (??? Mission? Bad translation). Thank you very much Erio-kun for alway saving and protecting me.
Erio: Um, ah... Er... That's my line. Caro is always protecting and rescuing me. If it's anyone who owes someone, I owe you and Fried my life.
Caro: Me and Erio might have different circumstances and pasts (bad translation) but we were both rescued by Fate-san and want return the favor to Fate-san. So we came to Mobile Division 6. Right?
Caro: Since we know each other now (since we got to meet) as comrades and partners I thought it would wonderful if we could get along even better.
Erio: Yeah. So do I! (Of course!)
Caro: Really?
Erio: Um, you see... Nanoha-san and Fate-san... Subaru-san and Tia-san... They're wonderful friends and partners... But they're both girls... So I thought me and Caro would... um, would have problems...
Caro: There are no problems are there.
Erio: I hope there won't be any problems... I'm sure there are none... I believe that, now. (lit: I just thought that right now)
Caro: Yeah. I wonder if me and Erio, from now on, will become even better partners.
Erio: We will. As forwards for Lightning squad.
Caro: As wing guard and full back! Hee hee. I'm so glad.
Caro: Somehow taking a bath let's us talk more honestly. From now on, let's occasionally take a bath together.
Erio: Um, that's a bit too much...
Caro: Really?
Fate: Erio, Caro. Here you are.
Arf: Together in the roten? (outside bath). How nice. (there seems to be a nuance to it... Don't know... Like "How fortunate")
Erio: Fate-san. Arf...
Arf: You two sure get along well, I'm happy for you two.
Caro: Yeah, our relationship got a whole lot better.
Arf: I see.
Fate: After your done, come over here. I'll wash your hair (head) for you.
Caro: Okay!
Fate: Don't act so embarrassed Erio. During times like these I'm just hoping you act like a child for a little while longer. (poor translation)
Erio: Um... That... okay...
Caro: I'll go with you!
Arf: Those two look so happy. I should play with them sometime.
Fate: Yes, please do Arf.

17 - Hayate no Omoi
17 - Hayate's Thoughts/Feelings

Subaru: Ah~… Baths on this world are like entertainment.
Teana: Yeah, tell me about it…
Caro: Subaru-san! Tea-san!
Erio: Hey, Caro, don’t pull!
Subaru: Hm? Oh, it’s just Erio. You came after all.
Teana: You wanna join us?
Caro: Yes.
Subaru: Erio, you don’t have to be so nervous. Forwards should be naked together (HUH? O_O; er. The implication being, as Forwards they should be used/naturally seen/go naked together… er…)
Teana: You’re still a kid, so you mind as well take/have a good look.
Subaru: She’s right. Well then, get Tea’s towel like so and… OPEN!
Teana: What the hell are you doing!
Subaru: OW~… But you said he mind as well get a good look so…
Teana: SHUT UP, YOU IDIOT/MORON! IDIOT! IDIOT!
Subaru: OW~! AH~! OUCH! OWIE, OWIE!
Erio: Ah, it’s all right! It’s all right!
Nanoha: Hey you guys don’t make such a racket.

Hayate: It looks like all the members of Mobile Six are getting along splendidly.
Signum: Though they are a bit too boisterous.
Vita: But they’re doing their jobs at least.
Suzuka: You know, instead of being like a unit… they’re more like classmates or something like that.
Arisa (???): I see it that way too. (bad translation, can’t hear)
Shamal: It’s fun.
Hayate: Even so, I really want to wrap this up quick and enjoy some peace. It’s been so busy lately; I can’t even sekuhara the rookies.
Alisa: Hayate! What the hell are you saying right now!! (or You just said something completely unbelievable!)
Shamal (Suzuka?): Hayate’s sekuhara isn’t that way… it’s more of a fun skinship between girls…
Hayate: Subaru and Teana are just right for groping now and it looks like Caro’s going to develop quite nicely.
Shamal: Yup!
Arisa: So… is Hayate still a groping maniac?
Signum: Er, well…
Vita: She won’t do it at the workplace as you might expect but…
Signum: To underlings who been with her a long time and associates… sometimes…
Shamal: At our division/headquarters/place Shirley, Alto and all the communication members have all been felt up. Thought it looks like Shirley returned the favour and had some fun.
Arisa: Well, me, Nanoha and others got felt up quite a bit by you before.
Hayate: Personally speaking, I brag how I contributed to the development of everyone’s healthy bust. (Jap: kojinteki ni ha minna no kenzen na bust up kouken shita to jifu shite iru.)
Arisa: Er, well… Ah, well your boob mania is tolerable (okay, fine), but try to keep the sekuhara (sexual harassment) to a minimum.
Hayate: Oh, it’s all right. I only do it to people who don’t mind/who’ll forgive me.
Fate: Hey, Erio, Caro, come on over.
C+E: Okay~!
Subaru: Ugh… I think I’m overheated. Master Sergeant Rin, you okay?
Rin: Urgh… I’ve been hit too~…
Teana: Hey you, cool down with some cold water soaked towels. You too Master Sergeant Rin.
Hayate: Our dreamed of division/unit. Starting out so fitfully. I hope that we can solve this incident without any problems and continue our tomorrows peacefully. (Jap: Konna no fisuto no katachi de hajimareta. Kono mama massugu nani goto ga naku Konkai no jiken wo kaiketsu shite, Sorezore no ashita ni tsunagete iketara ii na.)
Signum: I am confident it will.
Vita: Yeah.
Suzuka: I’m think it’ll be all right. Hayate-chan, Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan, if you three are together, you’ll be completely invincible.
Arisa: Those other kids seem like they’re capable too.
Hayate: Thanks a lot.

19 - Mokuhyou Hakken!
19 - Target Confirmed!

Subaru (Who?): Wow. I feel completely satisfied.
Nanoha: Some of the exhaustion from your usual training is gone, hasn't it?
Subaru: Yes.
Caro: Kerykeion is reacting...
Shamal: So is my Klarwind. Rin-chan!
Rein: Area scan!... Caught the Lost Logia's presence! (Lost Logia's presence, confirmed!)
Miyuki: Oh, your job. Do your best everyone!
Arf: Fate, Erio, Caro. Be careful okay?
Suzuka: We'll go on ahead and return to the cottage.
Arisa: Right, don't get distracted now.
All: Understood.
Nanoha: Teana, Shamal Sensei (doctor) and Rein, go into optic hide with Captain Yagami.
Teana: Yes ma'am.
Shamal: We'll ascend and seal it with a barrier. Get in and hold on!
All: Yes ma'am!
Hayate: Well then, Stars and Lightnings, move out!

20 – Shi-ringu Faito
20 – Sealing Fight

Rein: The battle field has been fixed/located on the ground of the riverbed. (bad translation)
Fate: Stars, head towards Lightning. Engage!
Teana: What is this? A squishy slime?
Caro: It looks… kinda cute.
Erio: Are these all part of its main body.
Hayate: It appears to protect itself it divides into many pieces and multiplies into more dummy pieces but in reality, it only has one true body.
Rein: If you manage to seal its true body, the dummies will all disappear.
Signum: If you leave them be the dummies separated from the true body will spread throughout/into the city.
Vita: The air team will gather the dummies spread out through the city. You guys do something about the true body.
Nanoha: Quickly think it through; quickly act/move on it.
Fate: You should be able to do it like we did in practice.
Teana: Yes ma’am! The attack went over there? (bageki? Bad translation)
Erio : The finishing blow (zangeki = beheading blow) went over there also!
Teana: The magic flames and multiple magic bullets had no effect on it.
Caro : As one would expect from a Lost Logia. It looks cute, but it’s really
Subaru : Erio, you think you can collect/assemble them, set your Strada into the ground and use lots of crackling lightning to blow it up?
Erio : Shall we try it?
Teana: We don’t know if we can stop it with electricity. And it appears that it’s invulnerable to electricity. Attacks that are hard to damage control are strictly forbidden. Subaru and Erio, you guys make sure that the enemy doesn’t spread any further. Me and Caro will search for its true body and seal it.
S+E: Yes ma’am.
Shamal: The recruits are doing quite well. If you compare them from before, they’re like completely different people (bad translation).
Hayate: It’s probably the result of Nanoha-chan’s teamwork training.
Rein: Viita’s also been working on her teamwork lately as well.
Teana: The readings on this one is different. Is this it’s real body?
Caro: I’ll catch it. Summon Wrought Iron ~ Alchemic chain!
Teana: The barrier expanded?
Caro: It’s unexpectedly… powerful/strong.
Subaru: Erio, coordinate attacks with me!
Erio: Roger, Subaru-san!
Strada: Explosion!
Subaru: Mach Caliber.
Mach Caliber: Load cartridge.
Erio: Strike Driver!
Teana: The barrier has been destroyed. Cross Mirage, Barrett F! (hard to hear… what the heck did she say exactly?)
Cross Mirage: Load cartridge.
Caro: I request/call for a cage to capture. From the meteoric gunman's bullet, the power to seal. (我が乞うは、捕縛の檻。流星の射手の弾丸に、封印の力を wow this is a lot fancier than I thought)
Kerkyion: Get set.
Teana+Caro: Sealing~! Shoot!
Erio: Sealing, successful!
Signum: Hm, not bad.
Hayate: Okay then, the action has been confirmed. Let’s prepare a complete seal for this thing… Shamal?
Caro: Um, excuse me Commander Hayate, Dr. Shamal. Could I try to a complete seal on it? I want to practice.
Rein: Hm, now that’s the spirit/right attitude!
Shamal: Okay then, we’ll be watching from here, so try it.
Caro: Thank you.
Fate: It looks like Caro’s back up spells/skills have gotten better/grown/more varied.
Nanoha: Yeah, she’s really doing/trying her best.
Fate: You know, sealing Lost Logia’s, it reminds me of the past.
Nanoha: Hahaha. It really does.
Caro: Let’s see… alright, I’ve done it!
Rein: Well then, I’ll just confirm then.
Caro: Please do!
Nanoha: I think I’ll mail Yuuno-kun latter about today.
Hayate: Okay then, sealing has been completed, that means our mission is over.

21 - Kikan
21 - Returning

Suzuka: Oh, so you’re going back already.
Arissa: You should stay over for the night at least... but I guess you can't.
Fate: Eh heh heh, sorry.
Nanoha: Next time when we have a break we'll come visit again.
Miyuki: Okay, we'll be waiting then. Next time, come and visit us too. Karere and Riera is waiting for you.
Arf: So am I.
Nanoha: Okay.
Hayate: Signum will be transporting the sealed lost logia to you this time.
Schach: Good job Hayate. The speedy resolution of the situation is a very favorable achievement for your division. Sir Signum, I will be meeting you midway.
Signum: Yes, thank you very much Sister Schach.
Schach: Hayate, it's all right if you want to take break and go to places you want to go to.
Hayate: Oh don't worry about it. If I want to go, I'll go and besides I got to see my friends. My home now is our division, Mobile 6.
Fate: Oh, we got a message from Command/Headquarters.
Rein: Hey, you're right.
Fate: An investigative report concerning Scagglietti and a new mission dispatch. It's addressed to me and Hayate.
Subaru: Hey Tea, we just successfully accomplished our mission but why are you so angry/in such a bad mood?
Teana: Oh nothing. This time around I wasn't really that great/good.
Subaru: I didn't think so...
Teana: If it were the Captains and vice-captains, they would have gotten it done in an instance.
Subaru: Hm... that might be true but Tea,you're getting better/improving. It's all right!
Teana: Hm...
Nanoha: Oh everyone, are you done packing?
Viita: And cleaning? Yup, it looks good.
All: Yes.
Nanoha: Your teamwork today was pretty good.
Viita: Though there's still a lot places to work on.
Nanoha: But you did very well.
All: Thank you very much.
Nanoha: Tomorrow morning there's more practice, so let's work hard.

23 - Jikai Yokoku
23 - Next Time on!

Subaru: Typical and busy (or alternatively "full of events") days at Mobile Division 6.
Teana: On such a day, a story of a small young girl who came (has a 'accidental' nuance to it as though she had no choice) to Mobile Division 6 and Nanoha-san.
Subaru: Next on Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Strikers Sound Stage 02.
Teana: Episode 14.5 is... the title is still a secret.
Subaru: Coming out in July, 2007.
S+T: Take-off!

Last edited by Nagumo; 2008-08-05 at 17:25.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 22:40   Link #1287
princessnanoha
Ready Take Off!!!!!

But first a request! Does anyone have the Megami Magazine Nanoha A's SSM1 ~Christmas special~ or whatever it's called. PM me if you do! Then I can start translating it!

So, answer this to me, you refer to the sound itself or do you want it in paper, i only got the SSM1 in mp3, let me know if it help you
princessnanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 04:47   Link #1288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wow.... that's a lot of translations.

Thank you so much Nagumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
I think you're giving too much importance to a minor detail ^^U
We all do, dear. Otherwise there wouldn't be any romance in Nanoha in the first place. And two characters atually stating their views on a relationship in words rather then suggestive scenes is the most accurate thing we ever got. That's hardly a 'minor detail'

I'm going to transfer the rest of this to the romance thread, if you don't mind. We might be getting a little of tangent here.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-05 at 05:17.
Old 2008-08-05, 07:55   Link #1289
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Just what the doctor ordered Nagumo. Great work!

Even more material to work on... But... No... Time...!
Old 2008-08-05, 09:43   Link #1290
Nagumo
Random Translator

No worries, I now have the hot and shiny SSM1 in my computer now. I haven't listened to it yet, it amuses me that three of the tracks are commercials for Nanoha projects, might not do those translations.

But yeah, StrikerS SS01 was boring as hell. No Numbers which sucks because I rather like Tres, Nove and Cinque... this despite never watching much of StrikerS except for the first three episodes >_>;
Old 2008-08-05, 10:53   Link #1291
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Caro: I request/call for a cage to capture. From the celestial archer (Sagittarius?) arrow, the power to seal. (我が乞うは、捕縛の檻。流星の射手の弾丸に、封印の力を wow this is a lot fancier than I thought)
流星の射手 is a direct reference to Teana, just like how she used 若き槍の騎士 when buffing Erio up in ep5. Source is from their individual official character webpages.

I'm thinking that it's actually trying to say "the meteoric gunman", presumably referring to her multi-projectile capability, or her reflexes.

Aside from that, +1. I can never do something like that.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 13:19   Link #1292
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Many thanks for your translation Nagumo
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 21:51   Link #1293
Nagumo
Random Translator

Presenting Nanoha A's SSM1

I won't be translating any of the CM (commercial) tracks, all it does is advertise the MSLN anime, MSLN A's anime and various sound stages. Not particularly entertaining or particularly informative.

Starting with the easiest/shortest track...

8 – Epilogue

Fate: Okay.
Nanoha: So that concludes things.
Fate: It’s almost time for us to part from Megami Magazine Presents Sound Stage M.
Nanoha: It’s sad that we have to part, but we can see each other again any time.
Fate: See you next month… is what I want to say but it doesn’t look possible. (looks impossible)
Nanoha: Is it possible? (Is it impossible?)
Fate: Um, yeah, it doesn’t look possible… (Um, yeah, it looks impossible…)
Nanoha: Aw, that’s too bad. But we might meet once more, so for now let’s just part with a ‘see you again’.
Fate: Yeah, with a ‘see you again’.
Nanoha: Well then, thank you for listening to us.
Fate: All right then, a one and a two…
N+F: See you again!
Old 2008-08-08, 22:15   Link #1294
Nagumo
Random Translator

MSLN A's SSM1

4 – Message from Fate (To everyone who reads Megami Magazine)

Fate: To everyone who reads Megami Magazine, we encountered/meet/got involved with this magazine last year’s fall. Ever since Nanoha first became a magic user/mage.

How about everyone else, when did you start? Those who say “I just started reading the magazine”, if you please I will be relying on next time we meet.

I’m sure there will be many more meetings in the future from now on. All of our seniors (sempai) and the juniors (kouhai) we shall inevitable meet/make; the various girls who pass through our lives and names that will leave their marks on us from meetings and contact/acquaintance. I pray that from these important meetings, many precious companions/partners who will remain dear in our hearts forever.

I suspect in the near future we will be planning to rely on (the pages of) this magazine. If you can, could you please watch over/support us. Well then from Fate Testarossa of MSLN A’s. Lyrical Magical, I will do my best!
Old 2008-08-08, 22:43   Link #1295
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nanoha A' SSM1

5 – Message from Nanoha (To everyone who reads Megami Magazine)

Nanoha: Hello to all readers of Megami Magazine. It’s been a year now since we began bothering/imposing on this magazine. Our amazing seniors (sempai) and new fellow heroines were truly beautiful and fun to be with. It was amazing, wasn’t it?

Knowing that, we’re conspicuously younger than most other heroines. We also didn’t do a lot of very heroine-like stuff either (alternative translation “We didn’t get to act in a very heroine-like manner either”). It seemed all we did was desperately shout, fly around in the night sky and fight each other all the time. *… what are you talking about Nanoha-chan! That’s why 50% of the people were watching you in the first place; at least that was why I was watching*

But you, the viewers/readers, kept on watching over and supporting us. We even got introduced to each other little by little. After that, thanks to your many enthusiasm/cheers and acts of support we are able to remain here/where we are now. So truly thank you very much, and I hope that we can rely on your future support too. Because of that, this is from Takamichi Nanoha of MSLN A’s. To your heart, Drive Ignition!
Old 2008-08-09, 03:20   Link #1296
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I wish this wasn't so 4th-wall smashing... I can't tell if its Fate/Nana, or Nanoha/Yukari speaking! This characterization data is confounding!
Old 2008-08-09, 04:26   Link #1297
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Really? It's rather easy for me. Nanoha is talking how she and the others are 'younger then most heroines' for example. Clear sign of IC to me.
Old 2008-08-09, 04:47   Link #1298
DKboy

i hope you all enjoy this XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-yx...eature=related
DKboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 04:45   Link #1299
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Question about megami M3, which track is the one talking about Vita and what she is doing?
Old 2008-08-13, 06:01   Link #1300
Jimmy C

Vita is in the training group, it's in tracks 1 and 8. But only brief lines each.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music