Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 07:22   Link #81
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can anyone even recall an adaptation where they covered a volume in 6 episodes?
If I trust the japanese wiki there's a volume of Horizon that got covered in 8 episodes (but looking at the page count it seems larger than the average LN)
Old 2014-01-04, 07:25   Link #82
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Both seasons of Spice&Wolf and Higschool DxD New are good examples. Each covered 2 volumes in season. Horizon covered 1 volume per season but it has enormous volumes.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 10:14   Link #83
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
If I trust the japanese wiki there's a volume of Horizon that got covered in 8 episodes (but looking at the page count it seems larger than the average LN)
It usually depends on the length of each novel. Normally, one volume should cover 5-6 episodes. However, there are exceptions where a novel may be so short that that they can cover it in 3-4 episodes.

Anime based out of light novels usually leave out a lot of minor plot points or details as long as they cover the main plot and characterization. I'm not expecting the Black Bullet anime to cover EVERYTHING the light novel does, but at least they should cover the important plot, character relationships/development, and themes. The politics involving the cursed children is something that the anime should able to cover a bit (IIRC, this is discussed in volume 2).

IIRC, Black Bullet isn't just a light novel filled with action, the light novels look into character development and relationships as well as politics and tearjerking dramas (and the author really loves to write these kind of tearjerkers in the series).

Also, the manga toned down some of the darker themes and characterization from the light novel, but added additional scenes that adds more emotional impact.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 10:56   Link #84
Dark Paladin X

Okay, I've checked the official Japanese website and used Google translate. According to the website, they'll hold a special screening of Black Bullet at Tokyo Big Sight at March 23rd, that's all I get from that.
Old 2014-01-25, 16:44   Link #85
Mega27

It was announced that fripSide is to Perform Black Bullet's Opening Theme! They performed the opening theme for A Certain Scientific Railgun S, which ranked #1 on Japan's Oricon singles chart. I can't wait!!!
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 17:01   Link #86
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
It was announced that fripSide is to Perform Black Bullet's Opening Theme! They performed the opening theme for A Certain Scientific Railgun S, which ranked #1 on Japan's Oricon singles chart. I can't wait!!!
Meh, I can rest assured now~ Since fripside is one my favorites (not because of Railgun but because of songs like Trusty Snow, Hesitation Snow, and etc). The op is gonna be really good~
Old 2014-01-25, 17:08   Link #87
BW95
Banned

Awesome. First LiSA doing Mahouka and now this! I am so looking forward to spring.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 17:10   Link #88
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Meh, I can rest assured now~ Since fripside is one my favorites (not because of Railgun but because of songs like Trusty Snow, Hesitation Snow, and etc). The op is gonna be really good~
Heya, nice to meet ya!

I listened to Trusty Snow just now, and I loved it! Hesitation Snow is pretty damn awesome too, but I like Trusty Snow better. Great songs, both! =)
Old 2014-01-25, 17:20   Link #89
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

For me Hesitation Snow is still their best song personally.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 17:39   Link #90
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

If they don't mess up the feel of it, then even the best of critics should not be able to criticize it. Since this novel is on the same level as Fate Zero (as a piece of literature).
Old 2014-01-25, 18:52   Link #91
BW95
Banned

Quote:
If they don't mess up the feel of it, then even the best of critics should not be able to criticize it. Since this novel is on the same level as Fate Zero (as a piece of literature).
Really? What makes you say that?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 19:19   Link #92
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Really? What makes you say that?
First hand experience reading both of them in their original language. The summaries just don't cut it, and the manga..... Wait! I forgot there wasn't any BB manga! Silly me~
Old 2014-01-25, 19:59   Link #93
Mega27

Quote:
First hand experience reading both of them in their original language. The summaries just don't cut it, and the manga..... Wait! I forgot there wasn't any BB manga! Silly me~
You don't like the manga adaptation? Hahaha. I actually really like it. =) But ofc I'll respect yo opinion~!
Old 2014-01-25, 20:02   Link #94
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
You don't like the manga adaptation? Hahaha. I actually really like it. =) But ofc I'll respect yo opinion~!
Like I said, there is no Manga~ If by any chance, you meant that doujinshi out there, then the source is like 1000000000000000.....X Better than that.
Old 2014-01-25, 20:13   Link #95
Mega27

Quote:
Like I said, there is no Manga~ If by any chance, you meant that doujinshi out there, then the source is like 1000000000000000.....X Better than that.
Lol, I see. :3
Old 2014-01-25, 20:27   Link #96
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Lol, I see. :3
The manga actually tones down some of the darker themes mentioned in the light novel. However, the manga also added more scenes and content than the light novel for emotional impact.

Anyways, with the fripSide doing the OP theme, it looks like it seems to be more of a Viz Media title. Then again, who is doing the OP doesn't really matter on who will license this series for simulcast and home release. I'm looking into more on who the sponsors are involved. So far, Kadokawa and Geneon is involved, which means the North American license could swing either Funimation or Viz Media. If Showgate is also involved, then this could definitely be a Viz Media title.

I could create another thread, but I'll leave things to this poll on your thoughts on who will license Black Bullet for home release and simulcast:

http://twtpoll.com/blackbulletlicense
Old 2014-01-25, 22:06   Link #97
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
I hope CR picks it up tbh. The wait to see the show will be much shorter if we're talking about legal options.

Edit: Then again, Aniplex is fine too since their shows usually get on CR anyway. What really matters to me would be the territories it'll be available in that case.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 22:54   Link #98
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
I hope CR picks it up tbh. The wait to see the show will be much shorter if we're talking about legal options.

Edit: Then again, Aniplex is fine too since their shows usually get on CR anyway. What really matters to me would be the territories it'll be available in that case.
Aniplex USA only license stuff that is under Aniplex title. Judging by the looks of things, it doesn't appear to have Aniplex's brand in it. If there is a licensor that usually picks up stuff at Crunchyroll, it's often Funimation or Sentai Filmworks (in facct, both companies are known to simulcasts in their own websites with CR doing the simulcast at the same time). Viz Media, however, is less likely to do simulcast stuff together with Crunchyroll and even if Viz Media wants to pick something up from CR, it's usually AFTER the series finish it's run at CR.

Judging the nature of Black Bullet, it does look like it does have some strong home release and Toonami pontential with a strong dub potential. Let's hope the anime stays true to the light novel series.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:40   Link #99
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post

Yeah, same~ Crunchy better take this one. If it's Crunchy you're referring to.

And let's just wait and see who licenses it for home release.....it hasn't even been stated who will stream it yet, lol.
Old 2014-01-26, 00:09   Link #100
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Yeah, same~ Crunchy better take this one. If it's Crunchy you're referring to.

And let's just wait and see who licenses it for home release.....it hasn't even been stated who will stream it yet, lol.
Funny thing is that there have been some anime that has been picked up for streaming at Crunchyroll AND have another licensor pick it up for streaming AND home release. Case in point, many of the stuff Sentai Filmworks license AND Funimation with Nobunagun.

If anyone asks me, if this anime gets a English dub, I could see a Bang Zoom! dub working here. But that is too early to call.

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen