AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 17:15   Link #2021
Mimi-Senpai

Chibi Himeko-chan reminded me of Ushio......Bloody cute ~
And the only person who can proclaim Inaba is Taichi. Sorry guys, you were too late.
Spoiler for Comparasion:

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
Mimi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 17:25   Link #2022
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Thank you #2
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 17:29   Link #2023
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Man it was really weird watching these last two episodes back to back. At first I was filled with tons of rage about how the concluding episode of the last arc totally whiffed on me, then this episode somehow draws me back in.

I think this show is probably in the end just going to be more interesting than good. It has interesting premises, so-so execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's interesting that by the structure of the arc, KC is effectively acknowledging Taichi as an avatar and not a true character. And not only that, acknowledging his "white knight" persona, quite literally. It's irritating that we're again robbed of potentially seeing what might have made Taichi the way he is by his exclusion from the reversions, but perhaps there's an outside chance that his outsider status will enlighten his character in a different way.
Well it is possible this goes deeper than what is presented on the surface. For one thing it would make logical sense that we can't have all of them transform to kids because if they all became kids it could become a disaster. However this could have been circumvented with the idea that not all of them would be a kid at the same time. So why Taichi?

It's been my sneaking suspicion all along that Taichi's ultimate development is being saved for the last arc. Perhaps if Taichi became a child it could reveal too much about why he is the way he is?

I just hope I'm right because if it is just as you think it might be, his only role will forever being a sort of avatar for the show, then that would ultimately be disappointing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 17:39   Link #2024
Sphire

Okay, so, above everything else, Yui and Aoki's relationship just got interesting. I've already forgotten the love triangle. The part with Aoki was good though, and looks like he may like Yui simply because she looks like someone he knew (or at least, be part of the reason). He asked himself 'when' did he get over that other girl, but maybe he never stopped, it instead transferred over to Yui.

That would be good, although I'm not sure KC can pull it off well. At least it looks promising.

As for the 'other' love, well, the fact that Iori and Taichi have truly fallen back to allow Inaba in is pretty pathetic in my eyes. Looks like it'll be milked for comedy purposes until it's resolved too. Inaba's fallen in my eyes (although her younger version is cute!!!11!!). I don't think I care about their 'love' issue anymore. At least Yui and Aoki brought something new (well, mostly Aoki, but it's implied it affected Yui).

Love seems to be the main theme from this show, seeing how it was prevalent in the endings of arc 1 and 2, and we're getting more in this arc from Aoki. Like I said before, HeartSeed is just a romantic at heart.

Also, I never considered that Yui didn't tell anyone she nearly got raped. I mean, to family. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Or maybe the Karate thing isn't related at all. I have to admit too, seeing Iori manipulating others (with her personality changes) was a bit unnerving personally.

The whole 'oh no this gimmick will cause ZERIUS issues!' is also becoming a tired mechanic.

As for Taichi being reaffirmed as a knight, well, I've ranted on that long enough. Seeing more of it will be 'meh' though. The writer calling it out doesn't make it any better, just like the Aoki 'useless' comment.
Old 2012-09-15, 17:46   Link #2025
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakanaka Shouko View Post
...now I understand why Heartseed loves to watch them....
Lol. Me, too. Moreover, these heartseeds (or more literally "balloon vines") may have no human emotions -- and no "motivation, tenacity, courage, and spirit," as heartseed 1 said in ep2. So it is both enjoyable and good research to watch how these humans behave. They have more health, emotion, and social ability than any heartseed does, it seems.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 17:52   Link #2026
Belgaesh

This episode was full of win, chibi Inaba was just so bloody cute.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 18:53   Link #2027
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They cut short some of the verbal jokes but overall definitely the best opening episode to date Other then that and a few QUALITY animation at the beginning, there's not much negatives for me this week.

Also, a badass rock song is the best ED to end the entire Anime airing episodes with
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:03   Link #2028
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They cut short some of the verbal jokes but overall definitely the best opening episode to date Other then that and a few QUALITY animation at the beginning, there's not much negatives for me this week.

Also, a badass rock song is the best ED to end the entire Anime airing episodes with
Makes me wonder what kind of song they are gonna be using for That Arc.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:06   Link #2029
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

This is such an interesting show. Frustrating, but enjoyable at the same time. Like a few others, I'm not entirely sold on the love triangle situation. I don't really think either Iori nor Himeko are in a good place to actually be in a romantic relationship, especially one with a guy known to have a "white knight" personality.

The new premise is interesting though, it's got my mind boiling over wondering what Heartseed v2 is up to. It must really be eating Taichi up not being able to explain the situation to the others, especially when they are displaying confusion or worry over it (like the last scene).

I liked that Aoki got a bit more depth, though I'm really feeling for Yui. Not only has her past come back to haunt her, but the guy that's chasing her was in love with a girl very similar to her. Maybe it's his 'type', but nobody wants to hear that they're just like an ex. It can really lead to a lot of insecurity.

Finally I found it really interesting when Himeko was young and hiding away from Yui and Iori. That she was a shy child isn't that surprising, but the fact that she hid behind her "big bro" Taichi was interesting to. As soon as I saw it, I thought of the scenes in earlier episodes when Himeko was leaving the house and her interactions with her own brother. Big contrast.

Anyhow, I enjoyed this one aside from the usual rolleyes inducing female anime character over-reactions. I hope the writers show a bit more subtlety with the conclusion to this arc, what ever it is happens.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:13   Link #2030
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Makes me wonder what kind of song they are gonna be using for That Arc.
Is it too much to ask for something just as 'exciting' as this ED ?

Once I get a taste of it, I can't go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
I liked that Aoki got a bit more depth, though I'm really feeling for Yui. Not only has her past come back to haunt her, but the guy that's chasing her was in love with a girl very similar to her. Maybe it's his 'type', but nobody wants to hear that they're just like an ex. It can really lead to a lot of insecurity.
I thought that was an interesting twist as well, now Aoki would question how 'everlasting' would this love be to him.
Old 2012-09-15, 19:18   Link #2031
Mimi-Senpai

Quote:
Is it too much to ask for something just as 'exciting' as this ED ?

Once I get a taste of it, I can't go back!

I thought that was an interesting twist as well, now Aoki would question how 'everlasting' would this love be to him.
My vibes are telling me we might get a LiSA song.....

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
Mimi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:19   Link #2032
Sumeragi
Banned

*Hides behind Chaos2Frozen Onii-chan and peeks*

Hi, Himeko thinks this episode could have been better..... Himeko was not mature enough. Himeko knows more about chuu than that.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:27   Link #2033
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Yes, that's a good point too. We saw a little of that in the episode- hopefully we'll see that point expanded on.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:43   Link #2034
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Like a few others, I'm not entirely sold on the love triangle situation. I don't really think either Iori nor Himeko are in a good place to actually be in a romantic relationship, especially one with a guy known to have a "white knight" personality.
Seems like (as feared) it's going to be back-burnered for another time while the new gimmick takes the focus and Taichi's character is examined. It's a questionable choice, because it cools off the drama, and I don't know how they're going to get it back if they ever return to it. Right now, I'll be impressed if they even bother to resolve it rather than go with a safer, more ambiguous ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I think this show is probably in the end just going to be more interesting than good. It has interesting premises, so-so execution.
Kokoro Connect has always been a million times better when asking questions than it is when resolving them. An example: While I admit that Nagase's chameleon act is unnerving, and interesting to me, it will never leave me as fascinated as I was when she (in Aoki's body) first began positing questions about the nature of individuality, and what constitutes the self. Likewise, Inaban's frantic cover-up of her crush at first seemed to hint at a profound inferiority complex that had given rise to an outward persona of a supremely confident and controlling individual. When it turned out she was just scared that she'd be lonely if her feelings isolated her from the club, it made sense, but it also wasn't a very juicy problem.

On another note, I was surprised to hear people saying that Taichi is doomed to remain a cypher after this episode. Honestly, I took the exact opposite message. I was fairly certain before I hit this thread that he is intended to be the focus of the arc, as Nagase and Inaban were before. It seems that HS (and presumably HS2) starts these games because he enjoys the havoc it plays on all of them, but he also wants something specific from one individual, and the game ends only once he gets it. I think Taichi is in his sights this time.

Consider what we know so far: Taichi is the odd man out, and (probably) the only one who has been visited so far to learn the exact rules of the new game. Taichi's little sister showing up again also seems important when you realize that while HS2 tells him to be a "knight" (derisively?), his real role when the club goes mini is that of the big brother. Maybe his sister plays a larger role in who he has become than has been revealed so far.

In the past, these games culminate in a way that forces someone to realize something about themselves. While everyone will get some development, Taichi stays lucid, and his state remains constant. I can see a situation where he'll need to help more than one of them at once, and be forced to make a choice. But perhaps that's just my own irritation with his carefree white knighting coming through and making me voice what I hope will happen.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 20:14   Link #2035
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Okay, so, above everything else, Yui and Aoki's relationship just got interesting. I've already forgotten the love triangle. The part with Aoki was good though, and looks like he may like Yui simply because she looks like someone he knew (or at least, be part of the reason). He asked himself 'when' did he get over that other girl, but maybe he never stopped, it instead transferred over to Yui.

That would be good, although I'm not sure KC can pull it off well. At least it looks promising.
I agree. I'm not usually one for romantic drama, but I'm really liking this development. It reminds me of how much I try to forget I felt a certain way about some things (not romance, but still).
I especially didn't expect it with a character used mostly for comedy. The gimmick basically forces Aoki to doubt his own feelings by not only reminding him, but by making him re-live what he though he put behind him. Now he can't say he truly loves Yui anymore when he can so easily feel the same way about another girl.
Yui was obviously enjoying Aoki's attention so it must not have been good for her self-esteem to realize it was all just because she reminded the guy of some girl from his past. Aoki also needs to consider the possibility that he's just using Yui as a replacement for the girl he never got over. It definitively puts a strain on their relationship and it's a very unfortunate reminder of how people's feelings are subject to change.
I doubt the conflict will be developed properly, but it's an interesting idea at least. That's really what KC is best at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
As for the 'other' love, well, the fact that Iori and Taichi have truly fallen back to allow Inaba in is pretty pathetic in my eyes. Looks like it'll be milked for comedy purposes until it's resolved too. Inaba's fallen in my eyes (although her younger version is cute!!!11!!). I don't think I care about their 'love' issue anymore.
I'm with you there. Inaba gets in the way and the two just let her as if it doesn't concern them. Iori acts as if she's on the same ground as Inaba and everyone seems to have forgotten one tiny detail regarding Taichi's say on the matter. The scene that really bothered me was the one where Inaba pulled Taichi's ear for looking at Iori, as if he's cheating on her.
Still, I have some hope for Inaba and Iori's development as individuals. We'll see more of Inaba before she became so cold and hopefully Iori will get closer to understanding who she really is (come one, she can't sit through another round).
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:31   Link #2036
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...hope that there is some reason or purpose that Taichi is being singled out...
...hope to see what they will do about this white knight persona...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:35   Link #2037
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Inaba stole this episode.

I loved the way she nonchalantly complimented Taichi (that's certainly a fresh approach; it shows romantic affection while maintaining the "cool beauty" image).

And kid!Inaba was just fantastic. It truly was adorable how she was clinging to Taichi's pants leg, and hiding behind him for protection.

The comedy in this episode was also pretty good - It was executed pretty smoothly.

It's also good to discover some interesting details in both Aoki and Yui's personal backgrounds, while also raising a real challenge to the Aoki/Yui relationship.

I find the whole Inaba/Taichi/Iori love triangle kind of weird - I'm surprised how the three seem to be largely comfortable with it stuck in this strange status quo where everything is out in the open but Taichi is just being indecisive I guess.

But aside from that, I really liked Episode 11!
Old 2012-09-15, 21:38   Link #2038
Snuffle
likes cute things

This was the greatest episode for me for this show, 9/10

I'm really glad Yui is back with getting proper screen time, I enjoy seeing her design, she really stands out. And is it me or has the quality on her overall appearance increased? I'm expecting all this revert to childhood gimmick will remind her what that promise was to her rival and possibly help her with her trauma.

Iroi, you're such a monster when you are using your perfected(?) act based on situation persona.

And then there's Inaba. Oh... my... gosh... I just could not stop smiling to how adorable she was as a loli! Inaba... I bow down to your cuteness.

This arc seems to be very interesting, I just hope it's not wasted potential again.
Btw, if Taichi is not going to revert to childhood, then why is there a younger version of himself in the new OP/ED?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:46   Link #2039
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Btw, if Taichi is not going to revert to childhood, then why is there a younger version of himself in the new OP/ED?
It could simply just be for completion sake- I mean it would look weird to have him left out.

Or quite possibly he would naturally remember something about his past through this incident, his inner child so to speak.
Old 2012-09-15, 21:47   Link #2040
Sumeragi
Banned

Or maybe Second changes his mind and actually does change Taichi also.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life