Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 13:41   Link #201
Fr_Bernkastel
Lost in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
barely related, what ahs ryukishi been doing lately ? last thing i eard of him was the first rose gun days vn.
Four season RGD and then will maybe WTC5

The most intricate thing to find in this world.
Is it a crow's feather that you lost in the darkness of the night?

The most intricate thing to find in this world is,
Realizing your own erroneous contemplation.
Fr_Bernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 16:35   Link #202
Mike Correa

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/12/31/m...g-summer-2014/
Mike Correa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 17:38   Link #203
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

That "article" is kinda rubbish. If they had actually done their research, they'd know that the inside of that booklet reveals that the new Higurashi project is a visual novel, not an anime (which wouldn't even make sense, tbh). Anyway, there's also an illustration of a new character from that new visual novel in that booklet. All rather intriguing…
Old 2014-01-02, 17:40   Link #204
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

We already been discussing it in Game Qs as well as other parts of the forums >_<
Old 2014-03-23, 16:50   Link #205
Meeka
Graphic Artist/Translator

Send a message via Yahoo to Meeka
Do we know if yoigoshi-hen is actually going to be made into an actual episode?

Because I've read so many different things, from its still be animated, to it was just a teaser, etc...
Old 2014-03-24, 02:33   Link #206
SpiritofTheNaiker

Actually there are only some random scene inside their dedicated pachinko. No news about making a real episode.
Old 2014-03-30, 09:16   Link #207
SpiritofTheNaiker

Here is the scene I was talking about in the other post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Q8Agq-MXs&t=6m30s
Old 2014-04-07, 03:34   Link #208
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Correa View Post

any new info on this?
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:15   Link #209
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
any new info on this?
There's still a fair amount of time until August, so you can probably expect a lot of new info closer to then. Until that time, enjoy Rose Guns Days: Last Season~? ;-P
Old 2014-08-04, 15:16   Link #210
Mike Correa

So how is it going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm8skBieGeQ

http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/Main.htm

Spoiler for Any news?:
Mike Correa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 21:13   Link #211
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
That "article" is kinda rubbish. If they had actually done their research, they'd know that the inside of that booklet reveals that the new Higurashi project is a visual novel, not an anime (which wouldn't even make sense, tbh). Anyway, there's also an illustration of a new character from that new visual novel in that booklet. All rather intriguing…
This is somewhat veering into off-topic, but man, do I hate Seventh Style. That blog is so barren of anything resembling good journalism. That combined with the horrid overly-verbose writing style makes it just painful to read. Especially the comments section.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 21:34   Link #212
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
This is somewhat veering into off-topic, but man, do I hate Seventh Style. That blog is so barren of anything resembling good journalism. That combined with the horrid overly-verbose writing style makes it just painful to read. Especially the comments section.
Jesus Christ, yes. The thing that annoys me the most is how badly they want to be seen as smart. This is really evident in regards to anything they've written about 07th Expansion. Like how they deemed Rose Guns Days utter garbage just from the opening song. And as you said, in the comments, they talk about how the artwork doesn't look like it's improved since Higurashi, and how, despite not having read (Or should I say "watched,") anything past Umineko, comments that all post-Umineko works have been terrible. And of course, their absolute cynicism towards any future Higurashi/Umineko anime, that completely contradicts their absolute excitement towards any future Higurashi/Umineko anime.

Also, it's not surprising that they've deemed it another OVA episode, because they've established (In the comments, once again!) that they think the anime is near-perfect and they don't give a flying fuck about the source material: "Frankly, no one cares about the source material here, the anime was great enough as it is, if the SN was greater than that for you, good for you, that’s the SN.

That said, I doubt the source material surpasses the anime in visual presentation and application, for one thing that’s sure."

And I love how the article also says that the OVA wasn't successful, and that's why they changed the website into an ad for a pachinko game, when the OVA was only made to market the pachinko game. (If my memory isn't failing.)
Old 2014-09-20, 08:13   Link #213
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I just rewatched this hoping that this time I'd like it but I still have no idea what to think of it. What exactly is Higurashi Kaku Outbreak? What is this world? Does it have any relation to the original Higurashi and Kai? What's up with the parasites? Why is the end of the world happening? Is this Rika and Hanyuu the same Rika and Hanyuu from the original Higurashi? I've no idea.

I mean, I can explain this world as a kakera Bernkastel visited just for fun. But expect for the characters, literally nothing connects to the real Higurashi. Hanyuu is what, an allien now? Seriously, is that what she really is in this OVA? Is Higurashi really taking such a...completely different route?

It's one thing to bring back an old favorite series but to completely change its genre and turn in into ...an apocalypse. Why? How can a Higurashi fan watch this and enjoy it? I guess it was kinda cool how Rena and Keiichi killed people and the animation was also top notch but that's now why we are Higurashi fans, right? At least I'm not.

This is a perfect example. When a series is done you should either remake it with modern animation or completely forget about it. It leaves such a terrible after taste that I feel guilty for not liking something related to Higurashi.

I think I enjoyed the perverted disgraceful hentai Kira episode more than this.

And one final question, was this written by Ryukishi and is Higurashi Hou really going to have this story? Has he made any comment about this world? Maybe I'll like this more in a VN version but... Ugh. Just let Higurashi end x.x
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 11:22   Link #214
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I just rewatched this hoping that this time I'd like it but I still have no idea what to think of it. What exactly is Higurashi Kaku Outbreak? What is this world? Does it have any relation to the original Higurashi and Kai? What's up with the parasites? Why is the end of the world happening? Is this Rika and Hanyuu the same Rika and Hanyuu from the original Higurashi? I've no idea.
Higurashi Outbreak is nothing more than an Alternate-Universe sidestory. I'd say that you should consider this an actual existing Fragment, but theseRika and Hanyu are not the same as the ones from the original series.

Quote:
Hanyuu is what, an allien now? Seriously, is that what she really is in this OVA? Is Higurashi really taking such a...completely different route?
No, I don't think that's it. She's still a God, I think, considering Outbreak in Hou is called the "God's Cruelty Arc," and it contains another god-being.

Quote:
It's one thing to bring back an old favorite series but to completely change its genre and turn in into ...an apocalypse. Why? How can a Higurashi fan watch this and enjoy it? I guess it was kinda cool how Rena and Keiichi killed people and the animation was also top notch but that's not why we are Higurashi fans, right? At least I'm not.
Honestly, I despised this OVA, but not for it's genre or whatever. I just really hated the way it portrayed the events and characters. It was overwhelming cynical, unlike the rest of the series, and all the character's were horrible out of character. Rena slaying hordes of bodies without having shed a single tear for her father, the man who led her to murder in Tsumihoroboroshi? I call horseshit. The animation was nice, but if the plot is shit, it's shit.

Quote:
And one final question, was this written by Ryukishi and is Higurashi Hou really going to have this story? Has he made any comment about this world? Maybe I'll like this more in a VN version but...
You probably will. Outbreak should never have been animated without Hou's conclusion, anyway. It was written by Ryukishi as a little short story to come along with preorders of Daybreak. It wasn't meant to be a full story, or something big and important to the WTC universe. In fact, I think it appearing in Hou, with a second half, is probably mostly due to people seeing the OVA version and wondering what the hell was going on.

Quote:
This is a perfect example. When a series is done you should either remake it with modern animation or completely forget about it.
On that note, why the hell didn't they remake the original series with modern animation? They really missed out on an excellent opportunity there- Hell, they could have even marketed it as Higurashi Hou - The Animation, to tie it in with the VN. They could pull it off as a big budget remake that follows the original VN much better, and I'm sure that a lot of fans of the series would totally buy into that.
Old 2014-09-20, 11:56   Link #215
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Higurashi Outbreak is nothing more than an Alternate-Universe sidestory. I'd say that you should consider this an actual existing Fragment, but theseRika and Hanyu are not the same as the ones from the original series.
I figured x.x Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
No, I don't think that's it. She's still a God, I think, considering Outbreak in Hou is called the "God's Cruelty Arc," and it contains another god-being.
Didn't she mention something about the planet when she talked to Rika? Planet rejecting them or something.

Quote:
Honestly, I despised this OVA, but not for it's genre or whatever. I just really hated the way it portrayed the events and characters. It was overwhelming cynical, unlike the rest of the series, and all the character's were horrible out of character. Rena slaying hordes of bodies without having shed a single tear for her father, the man who led her to murder in Tsumihoroboroshi? I call horseshit. The animation was nice, but if the plot is shit, it's shit.
Oh yeah, I completely agree. When Keiichi and Rena had to kill in the original Higurashi it was always about them being super paranoid and in huge stress. It's not something they could do everyday. And in Kaku they're like soldiers slaughtering people around. I admit I kinda enjoyed the action but as you say if the plot is silly then nothing can save it.

Quote:
On that note, why the hell didn't they remake the original series with modern animation? They really missed out on an excellent opportunity there- Hell, they could have even marketed it as Higurashi Hou - The Animation, to tie it in with the VN. They could pull it off as a big budget remake that follows the original VN much better, and I'm sure that a lot of fans of the series would totally buy into that.
I have wanted a remake of the original Higurashi for years now xD Umineko remake too. Kai was great but Umineko and Higu S1 were... not as good as they should have been.
Old 2014-09-20, 12:13   Link #216
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Didn't she mention something about the planet when she talked to Rika? Planet rejecting them or something.
Did she? I don't remember, but then again, I haven't watched Outbreak since it first came out.

Quote:
I have wanted a remake of the original Higurashi for years now xD Umineko remake too. Kai was great but Umineko and Higu S1 were... not as good as they should have been.
Oh my god, yes. Especially the Umineko remake part. Higurashi Season One was terrible, but anyone who hasn't read the Visual Novel or the manga wouldn't know. Umineko needs a remake, because the vast majority of people who've seen it hate it, and so it's overall reputation is tarnished. However, I feel like the popularity of a well-done Higurashi anime would more than generate enough popularity and buzz to make a Umineko anime look like a possibility- Or at the very least a Chiru anime. At this point, I'd accept a Chiru anime, even if it were the same quality as the first anime, as sad as that is. And really, it's the same for Ryukishi's other works. I would do anything for a Higanbana or a Rose Guns Days anime, even if they were average DEEN slop.
Old 2014-09-20, 12:16   Link #217
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

DEEN has screwed over so many adaptations. I'm surprised they can still get their hands on VN adaptations. They've ruined Umineko, Higurashi, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime xD... Who can trust these guys after these.

Honestly I'd accept crappy Chiru too -_- But as you say, Umineko's popularity was destroyed by that Anime. DEEN rushed in into making another When they Cry without the actual source material even being done. I bet their thinking was like this - "It's When they Cry, it will sell"
Old 2014-09-20, 17:17   Link #218
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
DEEN rushed in into making another When they Cry without the actual source material even being done. I bet their thinking was like this - "It's When they Cry, it will sell"
That's almost exactly what they were thinking- You can tell, too, by looking at the official merchandise. The official artwork almost entirely focused on the young girl characters, despite the fact that Jessica wasn't exactly the most important character, and you weren't supposed to know how important Shannon was until Chiru. And of course, they tried to make them carbon copies of the Higurashi cast- Jessica was basically Mion 2.0, Shannon was basically the calm and motherly Rika, and they tried so hard to make Maria just like Rena. All the crossover merchandise might be interesting, though. If only I knew Japanese, so I could listen to the Higurashi/Umineko crossover Drama CDs.
Old 2014-09-22, 08:46   Link #219
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
DEEN has screwed over so many adaptations. I'm surprised they can still get their hands on VN adaptations. They've ruined Umineko, Higurashi, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime xD... Who can trust these guys after these.
The Tsukihime anime was done by J.C. Staff not Deen.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:42   Link #220
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
The Tsukihime anime was done by J.C. Staff not Deen.
You're right : O My bad.