AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-03-24, 17:08   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Attack on Titan - Live-Action Movie Discussion

This thread is to discuss the live-action movies directed by Shinji Higuchi and originally released in Japan by Toho Pictures in 2015, and subsequently released on DVD/Blu-Ray in other markets.
Old 2018-10-30, 11:31   Link #2
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

This is not about the (in my opinion, sub-par) Japanese live-action adaptations, but rather something else quite unexpected:

'Attack on Titan' manga to become Hollywood live-action movie
Quote:
Tokyo (Oct 30, 2018): The popular manga series "Attack on Titan" will be getting a Hollywood live-action film adaptation by Andy Muschietti, the director of the horror movie "It", publisher Kodansha Ltd said on Tuesday.

"Harry Potter" producer David Heyman will be producing the Warner Bros Entertainment film, along with Masi Oka, known for his role in "Heroes", and the director's sister, Barbara Muschietti.

Casting and the release date have yet to be announced.

THE JAPAN TIMES
Frankly, I'm not optimistic. The project may not even actually make it to North American screens. If it really does, well, I hope it does better than the Japanese ones.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 17:19   Link #3
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
This is not about the (in my opinion, sub-par) Japanese live-action adaptations, but rather something else quite unexpected:

'Attack on Titan' manga to become Hollywood live-action movie

Frankly, I'm not optimistic. The project may not even actually make it to North American screens. If it really does, well, I hope it does better than the Japanese ones.
After Alita's performance (barely broke even, will probably make a bit of profit with blu ray, dvd and digital sales), and that's with Rodriguez and Cameron and top of the line CGI work I doubt anyone in Hollywood will be crazy enough to spend money on another manga/anime adaptation.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote