AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-15, 00:30   Link #761
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Side note: I really miss Nakahara, I want her in a main role...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... all that talk about inferiority, losing and stuff was about who's the bottom?
I dunno, ask the fujoshis...

If we are seriously speaking though, I'm glad you asked this question actually. Coming from a non-novel reader for this season at least? As I said in my post before, I really do think he feels inferior to Hachiman because Hachiman got through to Yukinon. That's why he felt he has 'lost' despite Hayama winning by every kind of stick you can measure the two against.

But does he really feel REAL animosity at him? I highly doubt it. IMO Hayama feels guilty from not 'saving' Yukino from before, and now he sees someone who can do it. So while he's sad it's not him besides her, he still cares a lot about Yukino that he can appreciate what Hachiman has done for her that he himself couldn't have done.

Well either that, or you take the non-shipper approach in that OUT OF ALL PEOPLE who has known him all his life or he has hang out, it's the miserable loner who has no 'friends' that understands him. Haruno mentioned that maybe Hayama was also 'hoping for someone to find him as well'. And since no one but Hachiman even got close to finding out the reason why he has been withholding his decision to study, this establishes that Hachiman is 'on top' of him. (Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist )

Which of course Hayama 'hates', but considering he was actually hoping for someone to 'find' him, it's only lip service at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
So, I don't understand what's with Hayato. He's going to social sciences because he has no choice as all of his friends are going there and he wants to be with them? But at the same time he doesn't want to tell his friends so they can make their own choices or what? What's with him?
So while I'm still sorting out my thoughts on what I really think happened in the anime, my current understanding would be...

1) Hayama actually hasn't firmly chosen which course he will take when Miura asks the question in the beginning of the episode.

2) Reason for this is because either:
a) he really is saying the whole truth that you need to spend a lot of time of thought for this life changing decision
or
b) he feels trapped by their open-ended question, not knowing what is expected of him

3) Hachiman makes the decision for him by saying 'pick the sciences'. Well, considering that Hayama doesn't like being 'trapped' by anyone, he says to Hachiman that he will not do what Hachiman says. It's at this point he is forced to pick liberal arts

4) In the after party, Hachiman asks why Hayama hasn't told his friends what course he will take. This is pretty vague, so my initial understanding was 'why didn't Hayama tell his choice in the first place?' Upon review, it might be asking why Hayama STILL hasn't told his friends what his decision is, even though Hachiman already knows. The reason why I say this is because in the epilogue, Miura still doesn't know and Hachiman has to say it outright to her. So Hayama still hasn't personally said his decision to his friends then

5) So in essence, the final exchange between Hayato and Hachiman could be read as...

"Just because you move a grade, pick a course, or go to college, that doesn't mean relationships reset."
"Why then haven't you told your friends YET about your decision?"
"Well, it wasn't my decision in the first place since you forced me to pick liberal arts, you sunofabitch!"

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 09:10   Link #762
Arya

Count me among the ones a bit confused by the skip of Yukino mum subplot. I was ready for it so much and we got Hayama instead. Even the PV of the previous episode didn't match with the current one, that also did't help.
Luckily the glasses first and the infirmary later lightened up the episode, that was good anyways as usual.

As this was expected I won't comment much on how sweet the infirmary scene was, even because I have to admit that the idea of Yui being there behind the door all the time saddens me a bit (what the heck anyways, in this show there's a common habit to eavesdrop, isn't? ).
Prop to her that didn't interrupt them stepping in for some random excuse. She is a bro.

Honestly I'd prefer they hadn't drag the previous arc to have more time for this one. Also considering that the previous one was rushed anyways and didn't bring anything relevant in the end.

Oh, I also didn't get perfectly all the talking going on between Hayama and Hikki, but if it is as it seems, that Hayama did it to let his friends to make an objective decision on their future without being influenced by him, prop also to him!

Last, about Hayama and Yukino past, I agree taht something was going on between them, but never blossomed due to Hayama being stupid or something of the like. If that is even remotely close to be true ... stupid stupid stupid But Miura is cute as well. He shouldn't let escape her too.
I have been hoping for Hayama to have a crush on Haruno, and Haruno hidden reciprocating his feelings, but at this point no way. Well, Haruno's is still in the air, but all considered probably the chances are really low.

This is the first show of which I'm tempted to go and read the source material. Depends on how they will handle the end I could give it a try.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 18:21   Link #763
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingwalls View Post
Basically Hayato doesn't want his decision to influence other people or be influenced by other people if i'm understanding the situation correctly.
This clears up everything. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
As this was expected I won't comment much on how sweet the infirmary scene was
I'm not comfortable with the sudden defrosting of Yukino though. I find it too fast, so I cringe on that scene. Especially because Hayama hints that Yukino loves Hachiman and doesn't realize it yet in this episode. Way too sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Last, about Hayama and Yukino past, I agree taht something was going on between them, but never blossomed due to Hayama being stupid or something of the like. If that is even remotely close to be true ... stupid stupid stupid But Miura is cute as well. He shouldn't let escape her too.
I have been hoping for Hayama to have a crush on Haruno, and Haruno hidden reciprocating his feelings, but at this point no way. Well, Haruno's is still in the air, but all considered probably the chances are really low.
In the first season, Haruno said that "once again Yukino was not chosen" when talking about Yukino's love life. So my understanding is that in the past, Yukino had a crush on Hayama, who had a crush on someone with initial Y, most likely Haruno.

As for the love triangle situation now, Yukino's feeling has turned into strong hatred because at one point in time he didn't help her. From this season we find that Hayama is not sure if his crush was real or was just admiration because he finds himself unable to fall in love. Also, it's clear that Haruno doesn't like Hayama because he's too perfect in handling people, which makes him boring in Haruno's eyes.

That's my understanding of the whole situation.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 19:34   Link #764
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone have data with stalker points for BD/DVD sales of this season?
Old 2015-06-16, 07:46   Link #765
Arya

Quote:
I'm not comfortable with the sudden defrosting of Yukino though. I find it too fast, so I cringe on that scene. Especially because Hayama hints that Yukino loves Hachiman and doesn't realize it yet in this episode. Way too sudden.
That's why I mentioned how they could have shorten the previous arc in favor to expand this one. The previous one didn't bring much on the main route, if that's the route the show is gonna take.
I'm comfortable since it was long expected, but yea, it's also near making do with what the show reserved for us kind of thing. They wasted the full potential of it. But on the other hand this is not that kind of series either.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 09:02   Link #766
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I always had a hunch and took it for granted that the reason Hayama "can't" choose is because his parents are pressuring him and he already has his career set up for him.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:08   Link #767
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I don't think it's that sudden, really.
They have known each other for more than a year. They had highs and lows but they are comfortable with each other now.
They had a big falling after the student council president fiasco but Hachiman managed to patch things up with his "genuine" speech.
After that, there was the amusement park date where Yukino was shown to be closer to Hachi and even asked him to "help her someday".
In conclusion, I think that the level of dere shown by Yukino in the infirmary is perfectly in line with their current relationship.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 10:54   Link #768
Sasukeuzi

Does Yukino have feelings for Hachiman? Yes and no. It's hasn't been made apparent in the recent episodes that Yukino really relies on Hachiman, because he can do things that are near impossible for Yukino. Could feelings rise from that dependence or is that dependence being confused with love? Problems from this can arise, because Hayama and Haruno have seen the signs of her "depending" on someone once again, and they are, in a way, trying to warn Hachiman.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 04:10   Link #769
Kakurin
大佐

Anime website celebrating Yui's birthday with this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-18, 13:03   Link #770
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Does anyone have data with stalker points for BD/DVD sales of this season?
Late April -> 17 May -> 8 June

25.5k -> 20.1k -> 33.6k Uta no prince-sama S3
10.9k -> 12.8k -> 16.9k Yahari S2
*6.8k -> 19.6k -> 15.6k Kekkai Sensen
*2.3k -> *6.0k -> *6.8k Hibike! Euphonium
*5.7k -> *5.9k -> *5.8k Gintama(new series, S?)
*6.8k -> *5.4k -> *5.5k High School DxD
*4.0k -> *4.1k -> *5.3k Kiniro Mosaic S2
*4.8k -> *3.3k -> *5.1k Arslan Senki
*2.8k -> *6.5k -> *4.7k Show By Rock
*5.7k -> *4.3k -> *4.7k DanMachi
*3.1k -> *4.5k -> *4.3k Tesagure! S3
*3.8k -> *2.9k -> *3.7k Nisekoi S2
*3.2k -> *3.5k -> *3.7k Yuki-chan
*5.7k -> *3.9k -> *3.3k Seraph of the end.
*0.0k -> *0.0k -> *2.1k Ninja Slayer

Credit to redroin...
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2015-06-18, 14:08   Link #771
R.LocK
My turn

This. Goddamn. Episode.

Yahari just keeps on rolling and, argh, I reaaaally would've been satisfied with a simple filler episode, but... I'll go rewatch it.

Spoiler:
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 09:25   Link #772
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol Iroha is such a tattletale. I'm trying to think of who else could've told Haruno (only Iroha, Yukino, and Yui), and Iroha is the only one who regularly speaks with her.

Well, at least the anime brings up my biggest beef with Yukino's character. Haruno was saying that it's not trust Yukino feels towards Hachiman, but something more sinister. So, dependency?

I think I have a lot more to say, but I'll wait for another translation. Hachiman who can't cook to save the life of him is way too strong, because one of the things volume 1 tells us is Hachiman wants to be a stay-at-home dad and he is proficient with cooking and cleaning because of that. (Even later on he admits he did all of the cooking and cleaning until Komachi became older) So considering the previous blunder, I'm not sure if this was an translation error or the anime is skipping over 'To Work is to Lose' Hachiman. But with doubt in the translation, I can't go into too much detail with my analysis.

Old 2015-06-19, 09:36   Link #773
Windows X

If Yukino told Hachiman because she's fawning over for him, yeah a trust would sound a lot more genuine.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:07   Link #774
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, once I saw Haruno show up, I knew this whole thing would ended...bitterly.

And it fuckin did. She killed the mood, but I'm guessing it was because this is something that J Batman isn't looking for when it comes to genuineness.

On the bright side, it was nice seeing Saki again.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:25   Link #775
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay I really need someone to explain this shit to me because I am not getting it.

What is all this talk about saving Yukion and shit? Why is Haruno such a cunt and can't leave her sister alone? Why is Yukion living by herself anyways?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:40   Link #776
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol Iroha is such a tattletale. I'm trying to think of who else could've told Haruno (only Iroha, Yukino, and Yui), and Iroha is the only one who regularly speaks with her.
Hayama comes to mind.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:40   Link #777
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The trip to the amusement park was when Yukino said something like 'save me someday'.

Haruno is being a bitch because she wants Yukino to be independent. Frankly, so do I so I'm in the Haruno camp.

Yukino living by herself... this one is more speculation. It might be part family problems, part because they saw Yukino to be too dependent and this would be a good way for her to learn.

Sorry for the short explanations, but I'll elaborate once we've got a second translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Hayama comes to mind.
Hayama was not shown or even implied to have heard that Hachiman wants something 'genuine'. Or have I missed something?

Actually, it was my mistake. I meant to type Iroha tattletaled to Haruna that Hachiman wants 'genuine', so I guess that's the confusion.

Old 2015-06-19, 10:41   Link #778
Windows X

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Okay I really need someone to explain this shit to me because I am not getting it.

What is all this talk about saving Yukion and shit? Why is Haruno such a cunt and can't leave her sister alone? Why is Yukion living by herself anyways?
What is all this talk about saving Yukion and shit?
: She lives to answer her family's expectations. Like family's circumstances. And hope some days Hachiman would save her from family's mess.

Why is Haruno such a cunt and can't leave her sister alone?
: Because her mom is scary. Joking aside, she acts like mediator and watching how Yukino in her mom's place. They're trying to reform Yukino to be refined elites.

Why is Yukion living by herself anyways?
: That's probably related to her past events like with Hayama making her decided to never rely on anyone. Her family allowed her thinking it might be good for her growth to be independent as a person. Lately she's becoming like weak woman relying on a man and Huruno and her mom don't like this change.

Personally, I'm on Haruno's side. It's really getting boring like she said.
Windows X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:44   Link #779
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hayama was not shown or even implied to have heard that Hachiman wants something 'genuine'. Or have I missed something?
I am wondering the same thing about iroha and Haruno, tbh , thats why I suspect Hayama.

I fully understood what you meant there btw.

The course of action would imho be Iroha --> Hayama --> Haruno.
Or either of them heard it themself in a similar fashion Iroha has heard about it.

Edit: Saw what you mean: Didn't Hikigaya tell her in an earlier episode himself?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-06-19 at 11:11.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 10:53   Link #780
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

So Haruno was calling them out for hiding their true feelings? They were pretending to be dense? And Goddamn it Iroha, I can't tell if you're still in love with Hayama or you've moved on to Hikigaya. Make up your mind girl!

Things are definitely getting interesting since we're heading towards unknown territory. My interest on the anime has been renewed.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote