AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 108 61.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 14:45   Link #101
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

im confused? its not like minorin knew the pic in taigas wallet was kitamura and her?
so why did ami say "Are your feelings of guilt gone?"? Ami knows they wont work out with that whole different vibe thing? and if she does know about the pic it just means she can go after ryuuji...but ryuuji will be to busy building taiga back up from depression...
Old 2009-01-23, 14:48   Link #102
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Still no AmixRyuugi shipping. :[
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
Thank God - shipping isn't a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Quote of the century!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Come on, it can be fun to speculate on the relationships, so long as it doesn't devolve into a knife fight.... which it almost always does.
Quote:
no further questions your honor...
Instead of bringing a gun I'd bring a tactical nuke to that fight. The only real fun is trolling all sides of a shipping war, like Macross Frontier. (which I watched for the mecha action)

But back on topic!

Aside from a few things cut, it followed the novel pretty well. Didn't even really need to subs after all, but it's nice to understand what's being said.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:57   Link #103
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
im confused? its not like minorin knew the pic in taigas wallet was kitamura and her?
so why did ami say "Are your feelings of guilt gone?"? Ami knows they wont work out with that whole different vibe thing? and if she does know about the pic it just means she can go after ryuuji...but ryuuji will be to busy building taiga back up from depression...
Minori overheard other classmate talking about Taiga picture cause they found her wallet...

I dont think taiga is depress right now.. i mean she kinda let out all her emotion fighting Kanou. IF anyone lost for words rite now i would think it would be Minori and Ami since both of them clearly rite now in the anime have a thing for Ryuuji. Minori doesnt know Ami likes Ryuuji too soo it would be intresting how those two act between each other now.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:57   Link #104
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ah, that episode was good.

Good moments were Sumire climbing onto the roof to convince Kitamura to join the Student Council, Ryuuji swearing to beat the shit out of Kitamura, and the entire fight sequence, (and afterward) and the scene after the credits.

And now we enter into the Vol. 7 arc, which from what I've heard should be very interesting indeed.

9/10 for me.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:02   Link #105
typhonsentra

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that the next episode will be the first where I'm totally in the dark on the events. I hope the novel people will let us in on the stuff that's skipped.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:05   Link #106
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

From what I understand the only really important part is the ending of that arc.

So expect them to spend almost an entire episode on it.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:05   Link #107
Clarste
Human

The wallet just confirmed what everyone already knew by that point. I mean, it is the simple explanation to "why did Aisaka fight with the Student Council President about Kitamura?" not to mention the rumors that apparently existed after the school festival (that Aisaka was blushing over).
Old 2009-01-23, 15:06   Link #108
Caster13
=^_^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Minorin doesn't know that Maya and Nanako are talking about a photo of Taiga and Kitamura. Ami says to give the wallet to Takasu which Minorin hears.

Looking at the photo of Kitamura, Maya says "she really does love him", referring to Kitamura. But since Minorin doesn't know they're talking about Kitamura, she presumes they're talking about Takasu who was mentioned just a few seconds earlier and gets emotional.

Ami figures out what Minorin just misunderstood and makes the comment about guilt to Minorin who's in turmoil over having feelings for Ryuuji.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:10   Link #109
typhonsentra

In the novel the whole class saw the picture of Taiga and Kitamura, Minori included.

They change things around sometimes but I'm pretty sure we the audience are supposed to accept that Minori understood that the picture was of Taiga and Kitamura dancing.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:16   Link #110
Caster13
=^_^=

Really? Hmm.

I guess in that case Ami's telling Minorin to not feel guilty about having feelings for Ryuuji because Taiga's sort of out of the way.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:24   Link #111
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

hey guys, i thought that was a great episode, but i wasn't fully paying attention as i was watching it, don't really feel like going back and watching it but...what exactly was that last scene with minorin and ami about? had to rush to class so didn't bother rewinding (was eating lunch at the same time haha)...i'm not really following what some of you are saying...someone said a part of it was taken out of the novel or something
Old 2009-01-23, 15:34   Link #112
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
what i like about this show is how the characters interact with each other and the roles they play in the show. Plus i love the writing of the script cause its not one of those typical high school anime. Minori is just dam funny all the time too i cant stop laughing everytime she does something silly
Old 2009-01-23, 15:40   Link #113
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Your age is listed as 12. That alone makes you a troll.

In other news, us trying to find hidden meanings that are clearly there "ruins" the show for other people? We're attempting to help the less perceptive people understand a deep and complex show.

I will put it to you now that the final scene IS important and WILL have impact on later events. And then your idiocy will be proven. =P

And yes, they are teenagers. They're still relatively complex teenagers even though their motivations are definitely very teenage.

And this really isn't "harem". Go watch Asu no Yoichi or ToLoveRu for harem. Nor is it a comedy, really. "Tragicomedy" or "dramedy" would be a better term...
yep what he said.

on a more serious note...i was really surprised by this episode. I didn't LOVE the last episode, it wasn't bad, but i liked how the characters were brought down to "our level", or a more "human" level.

and anyone else have this problem? or is it just me...i feel like sumire(sp?) really frigging looks like ami...like after the credits, with her hair tied up, i could've swore it was ami for a second...
Old 2009-01-23, 15:43   Link #114
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
on a more serious note...i was really surprised by this episode. I didn't LOVE the last episode, it wasn't bad, but i liked how the characters were brought down to "our level", or a more "human" level.
There's a balancing effect here though... creating characters that are too "human" will end up making them very normal and boring (See: Persona 4).

(The above statement is subjective.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
and anyone else have this problem? or is it just me...i feel like sumire(sp?) really frigging looks like ami...like after the credits, with her hair tied up, i could've swore it was ami for a second...
The key is the bangs. Also, Sumire has much darker hair.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:51   Link #115
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

The key is the bangs. Also, Sumire has much darker hair.
yeah i mean i've noticed those two things, im just saying, they really look alike...a LOT imo.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:54   Link #116
typhonsentra

You know I knew this episode would stir up a lot of discussion but I had no idea this thread would be moving so quickly. I just left for a few minutes and we're already knee-deep into a new page? The last thread only moved like, 30 posts over the entire weekend?

And yeah this new guy is definitely just looking for a reaction. He has virtually no posting history before this thread.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:18   Link #117
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You know I knew this episode would stir up a lot of discussion but I had no idea this thread would be moving so quickly. I just left for a few minutes and we're already knee-deep into a new page? The last thread only moved like, 30 posts over the entire weekend?
That always happen when characters show they true feelings. Epic was the week when Toujo Aya FINALLY told her feelings to Manaka Junpei, shippers flaming all over the place.

The difference here is what makes Toradora so lovable to me: Toradora is not about an Harem, and how the author of the novel wrote, this is purest slice of life ever... you can feel it in the books and the anime keep that feeling also.

Ryuuji is one of those characters that are really rare to see, he is not a moron but is still pure and innocent. I expected something like Kenji Harima, but this one has some Kyon, some Harima, but in the end, Ryuuji is unique in his own way. He loves Minori, he cares Taiga, he is amazed by Ami, but untill now, he loves Minori, period.

So, shipping here has no room.

But you can have some preferences about what girl fit Ryuuji the most, but besides that, the books are already write, the anime is following a course...
Old 2009-01-23, 16:20   Link #118
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
That always happen when characters show they true feelings. Epic was the week when Toujo Aya FINALLY told her feelings to Manaka Junpei, shippers flaming all over the place.
You're talking about the manga, or there actually was a shipping war about the anime? God, that was one awful production... Going back to Toradora!, I find the shipping here actually mild, compared to other shows' threads.

Old 2009-01-23, 16:22   Link #119
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster13 View Post
Minorin doesn't know that Maya and Nanako are talking about a photo of Taiga and Kitamura. Ami says to give the wallet to Takasu which Minorin hears.

Looking at the photo of Kitamura, Maya says "she really does love him", referring to Kitamura. But since Minorin doesn't know they're talking about Kitamura, she presumes they're talking about Takasu who was mentioned just a few seconds earlier and gets emotional.

Ami figures out what Minorin just misunderstood and makes the comment about guilt to Minorin who's in turmoil over having feelings for Ryuuji.
That was a perfect explanation...Thanks
Old 2009-01-23, 16:25   Link #120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Going back to Toradora!, I find the shipping here actually mild, compared to other shows' threads.
Probably because people are beginning to understand that people here get very offended. Easily.

That, and the mods are surprisingly dedicated. Good job, guys.
Closed Thread