AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 08:26   Link #1981
Nosauz

[quote]Ya see bro, I'm like this all the time^^...So I lose no credibility talking to you the way I am (I've established more than enuff here)...People who know me know I'll chat it up with them sensibly with good arguments and poke them in the ribs with colorful barbs...Meanwhile I'm effortlessly defining who you are in this thread, and ya can't do a damn thing about it...Go nuclear? Pffft, that's reserved for someone who hasn't already won (Now he's gonna bring his "A" game guys, the game I've created for him^^)...Your next post will prove this, then you can quickly re-edit it... [quote]

Sigh... again you bring obfuscating facts as if their were some how indicative of the power of your arguments. Again you have not answered anything, we have so much access to quality information, why just bring up "number 1 ranked" offense, based on what? Again you show yourself as a self aggrandizing buffoon, who thinks that any he does is "classy" and just a "colorful barb". Really? Talking about people and bjs, calling people "unedumacated" is classy? Really? Again turnover ratio... the Saints aren't reaching their 35 interception bench mark set from last year. Their strength of schedule has been horrendous, they play so many sub 500 teams it's ridiculous. Seriously if you want to pretend that my "hater gonna hate" attitude is unjustified find it for me.

Any way it's really funny how your tomfoolery and buffoonery is somehow "classy" and I'm the one who is "classless". Hate to break it to you, but Neanderthals died out a couple of million years ago, better hurry back to your Smithsonian exhibit.

Hahahahaha

I love the Nascar thing... Stereotypes are for the uncultured, if you stereotype you are lazy, and small minded, that's just that. Individuals can like whatever they like but hey of course if you like NASCAR your a buffoon. Really? Really? I might think many Nascar's fans are uneducated from what is portrayed of them in the media, but I wouldn't say that their all idiots, or gun totting idiots. On the other hand people who think Katrina wasn't avoidable, well they are by fact idiots. Really? Wanna bet? Live on a flood plain. It's like the people of Venice bitching about their city sinking, it's called geography. Really I don't see how you are any bit refined, you put a facade of couth and cultured but you really aren't, I just see no reason to why I shouldn't talk like one of the guys. It's a football thread, I right to the readers, and the demographics for football and the amount of "refined" speech needed is in fact not that much. Also your trash talk is pretty horrendous, is your idol carrot top?

SKY CAKE

You see the thing is I don't give a shit, that's right I don't care what ethugs say about, but I do care about football, so when some talentless hack comes up to me and tells me he got recruited to some no name schools was an all american I just feel like that's an insult to the people who play football, who really do work, and practice after school till 6-7. Who sit in the weight room day after day, who pay the penalties of losing the next day in practice. I resent people who try to portray themselves as something their not, because they are liars and you are just that. Nothing more than a big fat liar broadcasting your lies so that you can "maintain an image" for everybody. You could be the king of spain but I sure as hell am not going to let you trash a game that I love. Declaring the Saints anything more than a contender is belittling the great football played in the NFC, eventhough I hate New England/Boston and Pittsburgh at least their teams show the grit of champions, Saints not so much, and the smack down laid on one supposedly best teams in the league, the Jets, continues to show how good the Patriots are, Also Pittsburghs win over the Ravens was a great win. When the Saints beat some contenders, then I'll be ready to crown them, until then keep your masturbatory language to a minimum or at least take the shit talk like a man because your Saint's have done nothing, beaten 1 good team that has improved more.

Until you start talking about meaningful stats, qualified by how they affect the game like Turnover ratio and 3rd down Conversions or drive length or time of possession, I'm going to take your stats as misleading. Sorry but rankings are pointless if you can qualitatively analyze them. Oh did they not teach you that in Sports Broadcaster school? I guess they did teach you how to suck a teams gonads like Dicky V, you guys must be alum.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2010-12-07 at 08:44.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 10:47   Link #1982
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^LOL, that’s nuclear? Just as I predicted…Like I said you’re still ruff around the edges but if you can continue to post somewhere in this radius you won’t be brining down the thread…Until I stepped in and stopped this $hit (Again what I do) your terrible, vulgar posts were bringing this thread down, now it isn’t as much anymore thanks to me…

It’s not what you say it’s how you say it that determines your class…The guys at the country club are talking about getting some a$$...The guys at barber Shop in the hood are talking bout getting some a$$,…The bum in the alley is talking bout getting some a$$...They’re all talking bout some a$$...Class, in this sense, is how you present yourself, not just your content…That's why before you were a crass circus not even worth a true debate, but you’re coming around, because I was tired of it and decided to stop that $hit…Say what you like, what you will, I’ve put in the work…There’s no way possible you can call me out with credibility…I won long before you ever logged on bro…

Another debate is gonna come up, I’m gonna be apart of it and I’m gonna do what I’ve always done and all the regulars know what that is...I have a million posts to define me, you have close to none…We can kill it here, but as I’ve stated I now expect far more readable stuff from you, and I think I’m gonna get it now, which is what my goal was…

Oh, up until last game against the Bengals the Saints were #1 in the NFL in 3rd Down Conversion percentage, a stat…
Old 2010-12-07, 11:16   Link #1983
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Patriots massacre, they're the real deal people. Brady league MVP and superbowl MVP this year, I'm calling it
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 12:50   Link #1984
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Patriots massacre, they're the real deal people. Brady league MVP and superbowl MVP this year, I'm calling it
Lets not count our chickens yet. Yes it has a nice ring to it, yes that's what I'm hoping for, but one game at a time as the hoodie always says.

Once and for all, I want to put to rest in this league who the best QB is. And it isn't Manning.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 13:28   Link #1985
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Nothing so succinctly captured Belichek's personality more than Brady's comment to Suzy Kolber after the game. "We really take after our coach, who says when you win say little, when you lose say less.”

Like Justin, I'll follow "the hoodie's" recommendation. I need to see the Green Bay and Chicago games before I start to believe the defense has sufficiently matured to mount another run at the Lombardi Trophy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 13:29   Link #1986
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Lets not count our chickens yet. Yes it has a nice ring to it, yes that's what I'm hoping for, but one game at a time as the hoodie always says.

Once and for all, I want to put to rest in this league who the best QB is. And it isn't Manning.
Yeah, it's VICK

Okay, I kid. 45-3...holy guacamole. If the pats didn't lay those two eggs against the jets the first time and Cleveland (LOL WTF?!), we'd be seeing a return to 2007 =X.

Anyhow...right now, increasingly looks like the Pats are THE team in the AFC (go figure...), but the NFC is a crazy tossup.

Bears Packers
Eagles Giants
Falcons Saints

One of those six is missing the playoffs because the NFC Worst--err, NFC West--has to send someone to the playoffs.

Bears and Falcons are the real deal. Packers are tearing it up, and the Saints are the defending Super Bowl Champs.

That leaves Eagles vs. the Giants. And with Philly's D so bad, I'm not liking our chances
Old 2010-12-07, 13:34   Link #1987
Nosauz

I don't see how being condescending indicates you have any class? Condescension, False assertions, lazy stereotyping show your nothing more than an inarticulate buffoon, that can muster no more than meager chicanery. Color me shocked that you think you've "won" you are just like your Saints, All talk no bite, beat ATL at home and then maybe I'll talk about contender status for the Saints, till then you've beaten the nobodies who spent little to no money because they were anticipating a lockout. If you think players are going to play there best with the looming lockout especially on sub 500 teams I beg to differ. They are not playing their best, only teams that are in contention will even play close to their potential because they see the future. You on the other hand continue to flaunt your wins overs sub par teams. Good job you beat 1 contender, but the league isn't just the Steelers.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:34   Link #1988
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

You play the teams on your schedule Nosauz...You were on my schedule and I just beat you and I don't feel any different as if I beat a great opponent...That's the NFL, you win, you survive, you advance...It is what is...Thanks for keeping it classy...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinstrife
Well I gotta give it up to Tom Brady, he’s the best QB in the NFL right now and he deserves the MVP thus far …Am I annoyed by the Pats and their style of play? Yep I am…But it doesn’t matter they are playing the best ball in the NFL right now…Are the Pats the NFL version of the San Antonio Spurs? Yes they are, but it doesn’t matter that I find their style of play visually boring it just matters that they win and win they do…Honestly I don’t see many players on the Patriots that excite the football fan in me, I'm a contrarian by nature so I guess that's to be expected, but they’re still great and a “True Team”, so kudos to them…

/homermode – I’m just pi$$ed that when Drew Brees played this well last season he didn’t get the MVP…Drew Brees is 5’9 with his cleats off, not the statuesque 6’3 – 6’4-6’6…He has to throw the ball from an abundance of different angles and launch points because of his size…He doesn’t throw 5 yard slants and in-routes all game (Brady) …He throws the ball all over the field with every type of pass route imaginable…Brees broke a 25 year record for completion percentage last year, and he throws the ball ALL OVER THE FIELD (Not just 5, 10 yard passes all game)…SO yes, I agree Tom Brady is playing the best at QB right now and he should be awarded the MVP if he keeps this up, but the homer in me still has a beef over last year’s award not being given to Drew Brees...

After saying this and moving the discussion away from Brady, I do offer myself up for a posters’ sacrifice
Old 2010-12-07, 16:05   Link #1989
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:

Give the poor guy a brake . Before the last 3 games he had 20Tds and only 4Ints. I admit the last three games weren't his best but what can he do with all the injuries and the lack of a running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

/homermode – I’m just pi$$ed that when Drew Brees played this well last season he didn’t get the MVP…Drew Brees is 5’9 with his cleats off, not the statuesque 6’3 – 6’4-6’6…He has to throw the ball from an abundance of different angles and launch points because of his size…He doesn’t throw 5 yard slants and in-routes all game (Brady) …He throws the ball all over the field with every type of pass route imaginable…Brees broke a 25 year record for completion percentage last year, and he throws the ball ALL OVER THE FIELD (Not just 5, 10 yard passes all game)…SO yes, I agree Tom Brady is playing the best at QB right now and he should be awarded the MVP if he keeps this up, but the homer in me still has a beef over last year’s award not being given to Drew Brees...

Favre: 68.4 pct 4,202yards 7.9avg 33tds 7ints
Brees: 70.6 pct 4,388yards 8.5avg 34tds 11ints
Manning(who won): 68.8pct 4,500yards 7.9avg 33tds 16ints
Johnson: 2,006yards 5.6avg 50rec 503yards 16tds(combined)

Dude IMO, Brett Favre or Chris Johnson should have won the MVP. Favre put up amazing numbers at the age of 40! Johnson broke the yards from scrimmage record.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:57   Link #1990
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Look Prodigy it’s certainly arguable, but Drew Bress set an NFL RECORD with completion % (A 20+ year record he beat)...He had more TD’s and less INT’s than the guy who won and engineered a similar 13-0 start…He had 3 brilliant National TV games (What really wins the MVP), and his performance verses the Patriots last season on Monday Night Football was a perfect QB rating game head-to-head with Tom Terrific…I read articles by football historians breaking that game down and they posited that his game against the Patriots may have been the single most exemplary performance by a QB in the modern era (Don't take it from me click and see)....I mean he did this to Belichick's Defense!

Now obviously this shouldn’t be the main criteria for giving a guy an MVP, but to put up better numbers than Manning and be a 5’9 Ewok in comparison to Manning’s stature says a lot about the incredible skill set this guy possesses…I know this will be taken with a salt-grain, but he clearly won the MVP last year…Favre was great too, but the Saints 13-0 start with Brees at the helm put him above Favre and Chris Johnson's great year (on an 0-6 start team)...
Old 2010-12-07, 18:08   Link #1991
Nosauz

HELLO!!!!!! Colts are fucking back, all we have to do is get the secret ban against Marvin Harrison cleared by Goodell and the band is back. At this point any addition to the run game is a good thing, fucking Donald Brown. Averaging 1.7 yards per carry and makes it his job to run into his own line men. If they QB sneaked it every down, they'd average more yardage than that fucking scrub.

Maybe the UFL has been the fountain for Rhodes, but then again I'll have to see him suit up. Still Donald Brown, literally the worst "starting" RB ever.
Old 2010-12-07, 19:00   Link #1992
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm not sure the Patriots are the Spurs of the NFL. Sure, they aren't as flashy as some other teams but they're still exciting to watch. Especially with guys like Woodhead, 5'8 and sub 200 lbs charging forward, breaking tackles, and being so damn agile you wonder if he's walking on air rather than turf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Give the poor guy a brake . Before the last 3 games he had 20Tds and only 4Ints. I admit the last three games weren't his best but what can he do with all the injuries and the lack of a running game.
Manning's a great QB, but I agree with JS it's time we realized Brady is the best of this era.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 19:53   Link #1993
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Manning's a great QB, but I agree with JS it's time we realized Brady is the best of this era.
What I love about the debate is that if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl this season and Manning gets back to playing to his normal level, people will be saying Manning is the G.O.A.T.
Old 2010-12-07, 19:57   Link #1994
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
What I love about the debate is that if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl this season and Manning gets back to playing to his normal level, people will be saying Manning is the G.O.A.T.
Dhominic Rhodes man... he will bring the waters of lake minatonka and rejuvenate the colts.
Old 2010-12-07, 21:02   Link #1995
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I'm not sure the Patriots are the Spurs of the NFL. Sure, they aren't as flashy as some other teams but they're still exciting to watch. Especially with guys like Woodhead, 5'8 and sub 200 lbs charging forward, breaking tackles, and being so damn agile you wonder if he's walking on air rather than turf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
The thing about Manning and all of his great stats, up until the last couple years, he's ALWAYS had Pro-bowl HOF receivers. And for the most part, the same ones year in and year out. He's also had the same coordinators and coaches around him. Year in and year out, he knew exactly who he had around him. He also plays in a dome. He doesn't play outside(and we all know he SUCKS if it's raining, it's cold, or it's snowing).

Brady on the other hand, has had to deal with new receiving groups every couple of years. He watches as his Coordinators move away to big coaching jobs every 2-3 years. His defense has gotten steadily worse since their Superbowl winning years. He's also the most winning est Quarterback since he became a Starter. Fastest QB to 100 wins. When he finally had a Hall of Fame Receiver, BAM he put out Record numbers THAT FIRST YEAR. Brady plays well in good or bad weather, as he proves every year. Both of his Tight ends are rookies. Brandon Tate was hurt almost his entire rookie year last year. Welker is coming back from a MAJOR leg injury from last year. Woodhead was cut from the Jets practice squad in September. Deion Branch was with Seattle for the past 4 years until middle of this season. Moss is gone. They're down to their 4th string running back. They didn't have Logan M. on their offensive line until several weeks ago. Their one rookie TE is the youngest player in the NFL who just turned 21 last month. And holy hell Brady is putting on a Clinic this year.

Oh yeah, and all of this two years since he missed an entire season due to that leg injury. I guess he needs to win a couple more Superbowl rings, AND beat Dan Marino's passing yards record to finally get the recognition he deserves.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 21:57   Link #1996
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

First of all, keep in mine that Reggie Wayne has played his entire career with Manning and didn't become the player that he is today until his forth year and that Harrison was a 750-800 yard receiver prior to Manning taking the helm. And Harrison was hardly apart offense in 2007-2008. It's not like Manning was drafted into a dynasty, they were drafting 2nd in the draft for a reason.

But really, none of that really matters when your head coach is Bill Belichick. And all those coordinators (except Todd Haley apparently and Mangini is tbd) that Brady 'lost' failed when they left Belichick. It doesn't matter who the coordinator is, the guy is a genius, and he has the ability to coach players up in his system at a fast rate. That's the reason he is GM as well. The Patriots also has a scouting department that stockpile draft picks and grab solid players. Not hating because I don't dislike the guy, but while I think he would be a solid QB, I really don't think that Brady would be half as good as he is now if he hadn't spend his entire career under the Hoodie.

Manning has had one offensive coordinator in Tom Moore with varying importance, true, but the Colts have gone through three head coaches with Manning at the helm. Dungy was the best easily, but what's most important is that their current coach, Caldwell, shouldn't have been a head coach in the first place. Perfect example, during this three game losing streak, has anyone seen a single Jim Caldwell interview anywhere? I haven't, and it's because everyone knows that he is just playing the role of head coach. And the Colt's haven't had an above average draft in years. And when was the last time Colts' bothered to sign a free agent more than just quick filler?

Behind (or ahead) every great QB, there is a great coach.

And that Manning sucks outdoors thing is a farce. You don't go to the playoffs eight straight years with 12+ wins every one of those years and not have to win outdoors. And Hell, he won the Superbowl in a downpour against a vaunted Bears defense that had been the reason for most of Chicago's victories that year. Of course, that's when the Colts' actually some semblance of a damn about rushing.

So yeah, Brady and Brees fans are going to point to this season as reason to why their boys are better, but anybody who bothers to actually look will easily see that it goes beyond stats and rosters. Manning is going to have to wait until Irsay does what he needs to do and shuffle out some personnel.

Tl;dr version: If want to crown Brady (or Brees for wing) the G.O.A.T. of this decade or the last five years or whatever, go ahead I'm not stopping you. I really don't care any of those team for of those teams. But, I'm going to wait some more. When Polian gets a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Dhominic Rhodes man... he will bring the waters of lake minatonka and rejuvenate the colts.
No.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-12-07 at 22:30.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:14   Link #1997
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Even though I don't give a damn about the Colts, I still think Rhodes deserved the MVP trophy when the Colts won the Super Bowl.

Quote:
The thing about Manning and all of his great stats, up until the last couple years, he's ALWAYS had Pro-bowl HOF receivers. And for the most part, the same ones year in and year out. He's also had the same coordinators and coaches around him. Year in and year out, he knew exactly who he had around him. He also plays in a dome. He doesn't play outside(and we all know he SUCKS if it's raining, it's cold, or it's snowing).

Brady on the other hand, has had to deal with new receiving groups every couple of years. He watches as his Coordinators move away to big coaching jobs every 2-3 years. His defense has gotten steadily worse since their Superbowl winning years. He's also the most winning est Quarterback since he became a Starter. Fastest QB to 100 wins. When he finally had a Hall of Fame Receiver, BAM he put out Record numbers THAT FIRST YEAR. Brady plays well in good or bad weather, as he proves every year. Both of his Tight ends are rookies. Brandon Tate was hurt almost his entire rookie year last year. Welker is coming back from a MAJOR leg injury from last year. Woodhead was cut from the Jets practice squad in September. Deion Branch was with Seattle for the past 4 years until middle of this season. Moss is gone. They're down to their 4th string running back. They didn't have Logan M. on their offensive line until several weeks ago. Their one rookie TE is the youngest player in the NFL who just turned 21 last month. And holy hell Brady is putting on a Clinic this year.

Oh yeah, and all of this two years since he missed an entire season due to that leg injury. I guess he needs to win a couple more Superbowl rings, AND beat Dan Marino's passing yards record to finally get the recognition he deserves.
Like Dilla said, Peyton hasn't always had HOF WRs. Marvin was only in his third season when Manning came into the league so they more or less grew together. Yes, he's enjoyed far more continuity than Brady has but his control and execution of his offense has been phenomenal.

I agree with most of what you said about Brady though, except for the talk of wins--I don't subscribe to theory QBs get wins when it's a team game but I digress. Yes, most of the skill players around him are young and inexperienced and the one experienced guy is an undersized possession WR. Still, they're all very talented and have made plays for Brady many times too. Branch and Hernandez's long catch and runs last night are perfect examples. On top of that, Brady has been afforded some amazing protection this year. To me, Roethlisberger is the only QB in the league that avoids the rush and buys time better than him but so often, Brady has been able to sit back in the pocket and scan the field for days.

I'm pretty sure he's getting the recognition he deserves right now. ESPN slobbered all over him today and so did the NFL Network. I certainly think he's better than Peyton but both QBs are credited with making the players around them look good far too often in my opinion.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2010-12-07 at 22:31.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:34   Link #1998
Nosauz

Really though, Caldwell has been a disaster, he isn't the type to motivate, instead he kills the soul of that team, last year was a perfect culmination of his inept coaching, his will to rest the starters vs the perfect record. The thing is Peyton is a machine that want's to be the best (whether or not he is doesn't change his psyche) and Caldwell only stayed on because Manning has been doing his thing, instead they should have got a strong leader that could give guidance much like Dungy, maybe Ditka or even Cowher who could inspire and lead this team, it just feels like these guys went through the motions expecting to get where they were previously, and it's seen quite well from SD that it just doesn't work, you have to continue to be the best, strive to be the best. Anyway yes this a dropoff year for Manning and the team is in shambles, but maybe some good can arise from this, mostly the firing of Caldwell, and a new Strength and conditioning manager for the team.

@Dilla... Come on, I have nothing to look forward to for the Colts, at least let the UFL master bring some hope in our darkest days, and the reference to Chapelle should have clued you to the facetious nature of my comment. On a more serious note, anything is better than Donald Brown.

To make it more obvious I will tell you Donald Browns game plan:
1. Run into Offensive line
2. Fall Down
3. ????????
4. Profit.
Old 2010-12-07, 22:39   Link #1999
Elo the Blue

Quote:
@Dilla... Come on, I have nothing to look forward to for the Colts, at least let the UFL master bring some hope in our darkest days, and the reference to Chapelle should have clued you to the facetious nature of my comment. On a more serious note, anything is better than Donald Brown.

To make it more obvious I will tell you Donald Browns game plan:
1. Run into Offensive line
2. Fall Down
3. ????????
4. Profit.
Can't believe I'm talking Colts but as a Colts fan, do you consider Brown a bust already?
Old 2010-12-07, 22:51   Link #2000
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Like I said Brady is killing it right now, but I'm not under Aizen Sousuke's hypnosis on this...Brady plays for a GREAT TEAM, a GREAT ORGANIZATION...Bill Belichick (Coach, Manager, Salary cap Guru) has meticulously cultivated this team in a way that allows players to come and go and have minimal downside...Even when he had his "ace" coordinators there is no mistaking who was in control of that team...

In comparison, maybe on paper Brady doesn't have "Great receivers" but he has always had receivers that have been good for the context of that offense (Guys like Jabbar Gaffney and David Givens used to run some of the best in-routes I've ever seen)...Now Wes Welker is a beast and I'm sure there's no one out there that doesn't understand his worth specifically to this offense...That guy is probably the 3rd or 4th best player on that team with an insane ability to come out of breaks as if his legs were pistons...

Deon Branch, less we forget, was a SuperBowl MVP...That guy is no scrub, and while he was completely misused in Seattle (He's an under-route guy not and over-route guy), in this offense he's the bees effin knees...Slants, crosses, hitches, comebacks...That's his game all day with Brady's Super Sayajin level 5yd passing ability...

Ya see the one thing that Tom Brady doesn't do that many of the great QB's in history have done without question and that's throw the 50-50 ball...So I'm not gonna feel sorry for a guy because he hasn't had "Great receivers" when he HAS HAD great receivers for that offense...

When's the last time Tom Brady threw a Digg route or a 9 route (fly route)? How bout a Deep out? The only time he ever did it was with Moss, because Moss is arguably the best 50-50 ball WR in the history of football period...Drew Brees routinely throws 50-50 balls to guys like Dev Henderson and Robert Meachem and they have the worst hands of our WR core (i.e. Takes Chances)...

I'm not saying this does or doesn't have $hitloads to do with trust, but the Patriots don't even attempt putting it on the WR (other than Moss) so I don't know if there's enough info out there to say Brady has ever even wanted to play this style of ball...What he plays is a very nuanced style of small ball, that's extremely effective, and he does it better than anyone I've seen ever do it...He's never been an overtly accurate or consistent deepball QB and I think that has something to do with how that offense is cultivated on the short-passing game...

So yeah, I give him his props but I'm not blind to the facts... Manning had Blair White and Austin Collie geekin people out...The TE Tammy looks like a good player too...I just think these things are deeper than Brady's better because he didn't have Marvin Harrison or whatever...Seems to me Harrison would have been 5-10yd route guy in New England and Welker woulda been a combo-iso guy in Indy...Because that's what fits the skill sets of the QB (which coincides with that team's specific offensive philosophy)...

Tags
american football, sports