AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 12:25   Link #161
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405325/

Coincidence? Or intentional reference?
That would be one awesome referrence but I doubt a fairly obscure movie like that would be mentioned. Unless the creators are hardcore superhero fans.

Episode three was fun. Was I the only person who thought that Barnaby and Legend (the superhero they built the statue of) have some kind of connection? Maybe I was imagining it.
Old 2011-04-20, 07:30   Link #162
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genten View Post
Episode three was fun. Was I the only person who thought that Barnaby and Legend (the superhero they built the statue of) have some kind of connection? Maybe I was imagining it.
I assumed that he was the man who told him that he's not alone in the flashback, but then I noticed that the two had a different build.

I think they Barnaby might've been an apprentice of Legend at some point, though he didn't really have much of a reaction to the statue when they visited the building so ...

I do think that there might be small connection between the two, but it won't play on it that much. After all, him and Tiger seem to be bonding quite well without Legend being a common area to connect the two.

Episode 3 was very fun as usual, though I laughed a bit at the implication, both the intentional (up or down?) and the unintentional (so the average bad guy to Tiger looks like a middle aged black man?) what I liked the most was how much Barnaby was hiding his discomfort from being followed around by cameras everywhere.
Old 2011-04-21, 10:47   Link #163
TAKOYAKI

I'm Japanese.
牛角(gyukaku) is my favvorite store!!
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:21   Link #164
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i can't believe that this series is attracting A LOT of fujoshi, i mean look at all these fanarts.... really?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:34   Link #165
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ the Agnes ending being written out since the fujoshi's came aboard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:59   Link #166
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Episode 3 was very fun as usual, though I laughed a bit at the implication, both the intentional (up or down?) and the unintentional (so the average bad guy to Tiger looks like a middle aged black man?) .
I thought it was funny that he stated he was "too clean looking". I thought it was too obvious that he was up to no good, though. Whatever happened to him, though?
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:23   Link #167
Tangowr

Old 2011-04-23, 13:13   Link #168
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for ep 4:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 08:27   Link #169
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Very nice episode. Tiger is really an amazing father.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 08:35   Link #170
Tangowr

Spoiler for Ep.3 spoiler+speculation:
Old 2011-04-24, 11:30   Link #171
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The BEST dark horse series of the season.
This show needs more support.
Old 2011-04-24, 11:36   Link #172
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Nah, at this point there doesn't seem to be a larger plot unless someone is already planning a Xanatos Gambit. And I'd honestly expect Bunny to notice it first, Koetetsu is a little idealistic, as weird as that seems, and Bunny seems to be deliberately trying to draw out/find out more about (presumably) a group of villains.

Any word yet on how long the series will be/how many DVDs have been announced?
Bunny may be more cynical, but he's also more naive. Tiger is more idealistic, but he's been around the block a few times. I certainly got hints that there is a bigger plot going on behind the scenes, and that Tiger senses that something is going on, but doesn't have any solid idea on what it is.

This is really a classic buddy cop show. Barnaby is the fresh, new, and by the book cop. Kotetsu the veteran cowboy cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i can't believe that this series is attracting A LOT of fujoshi, i mean look at all these fanarts.... really?
Every buddy cop show attracts them. It's just that anime also happens to have a whole public community ready to promote it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 12:28   Link #173
TrueKnight

Just ignore the fujoshis and enjoy the show like it is. Ep 4 got some fanservices for them to consider. Additionally Tiger is married...well maybe 'was', speculating that his wife died or something.

Another very good ep. I really like the character development they're showing us so far. Karina wanting to become a singer before a hero, before finally Kotetsu snap her out of it. Decent action scene. Can't believe the armored car is considered as civilian made. Poor Kotetsu gotta pay for any damage made on public property, why don't they just insured any collateral damage the heroes made? Let the insurance guys bear all the liabilites lol..
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 12:52   Link #174
lordshadowisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Poor Kotetsu gotta pay for any damage made on public property, why don't they just insured any collateral damage the heroes made? Let the insurance guys bear all the liabilites lol..
If I were to run an insurance company there's no way I'll insure someone like Wild Tiger! It's a sure way to go bankrupt.

I mean, can you imagine the moral hazard if he's sure that someone else is paying the damage bills?
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 13:28   Link #175
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-24, 13:41   Link #176
ujiuji

Good episode, I hope they flesh-out the other heroes besides Karina, it seems that Nathan is more than a stereotype at least.

Quote:
And this episode seems to be a strike against the producer being a villan..She won't allow the Heroes to go into dangerous situation that put their life at risk.
She could just be protecting her shows "assets" out of self-interest. Not that I think she is a villain, Kotetsu, while he ignores her directions, doesn't seem to distrust her. My instincts tell me that his instincts are generally going to be correct.

I was amused by Barnaby's transparent attempt at cynicism:
Spoiler for Oh really?:

Last edited by ujiuji; 2011-04-24 at 13:46. Reason: Spoiler added
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:07   Link #177
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
This episode's story of unappreciated tough life of a hero has been pretty often in superhero stories (spider-man just off the to of my head), so the end is predictable, but it's still a good episode to flesh out Karina's character and it's pretty rarely done in anime anyways. It also puts in a nice bit about Fire Emblem's background showing him as owning the company that sponsors him. Sure, he's a very flamboyant and camp gay, but it's nice to see that he's still very competent behind that, and can get serious when the time comes.

But really, the thing I like the most of this show is just how cool and likable everyone is. Maybe this comes from the anime being focused on adults rather than the usual teenagers, but seeing the parents (like Kotetsu or Karina's) being genuinely caring and loving their daughter is a very refreshing change than the usual absent or dysfunctional families.

I now look forward to see other character getting the spotlight like Karina here too. If I remember correctly, the preview in the website says that that ep 6 is about Fire Emblem, would be nice to see him developed further. Next ep seems to be focused on Tiger and Bunny relationship again though (and if you think the fujoshi-bait was high last ep, this one will blow it out of the water), although with Sky High organizing the birthday party I hope to see more of the arigatou-catchphrase no.1 hero as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler:
Totally missed that, nice catch. It really shows that despite the cynical take the world is based on by having reality show of heroes and grading their performances for popularity contests, the people and the heroes are still idealistic and friends with each other despite the competition, and still prioritize saving lives above all else.
Old 2011-04-24, 17:36   Link #178
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-04-25, 01:19   Link #179
ReddyRedWolf

Lol Tiger & Bunny betting whether Blue Rose will come or not.

Heh Blue Rose's company president saying those demands are not his but the sponsor. Her sponsor being Pepsi.

Kotetsu and Barnaby are more alike than they care to admit. Karina see the two as annoying but that doesn't mean she doesn't like them. Like an annoying father and older brother.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 03:25   Link #180
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Really liking this series a whole lot. The character's are likable especially Kotetsu who's my favorite main character for this season. Episode 4 was good. Getting some background on Karina was nice. Hope to see more of the backgrounds of the other characters. This is my favorite show this season by far.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere