AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 11
10: Amazing... 6 14.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 3 7.32%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 17.07%
7 out of 10: Good... 10 24.39%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 17.07%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.44%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 7.32%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 4.88%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-19, 12:10   Link #81
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Seeing how Vargas spends most of his time next to the AGE Builder and Largan standing next to him i'd call it a plothole, or lack of good writing to why they havnt tried to upgrade the Genoace's capabilities and weaponsystems already, lazy writing/plothole, it doesnt make sense when they have such a great oppertunity.
Remember though, it was Grodek who brought up the idea of using the AGE System on the Diva, and Vargas was hesitant to say it'd work; given that, him not considering using the system on the Genoace is more than acceptable. Agreed on not taking any steps at all to improve the Genoace being a flaw, though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:13   Link #82
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Remember though, it was Grodek who brought up the idea of using the AGE System on the Diva, and Vargas was hesitant to say it'd work; given that, him not considering using the system on the Genoace is more than acceptable. Agreed on not taking any steps at all to improve the Genoace being a flaw, though.
Yeah, its such a obvious flaw aswell, thats what bothers me so much.

And Vargas not playing with the AGE Builder/System seems unlikely too, seeing how he couldnt hold himself from playing around with the AGE-1's arm in episode one.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:31   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
and then we have people complaining that other people are voicing their opinions regarding a show in a forum used for discussing? atleast people voicing their opinions are contributing to the discussion instead of flat out bitching

Personally, i don't want the AGE Builder to be used to solve every problem the Diva's crew run into, i do want it to be used in a logic way, like for the AGE-1, titus and spallow parts was built because the AGE couldnt keep up with X UE mobile suits.

That's great, thats the way it should be used.
I agree, the AGE Builder shouldn't just become a pure plot device and they should try to use the concept as best they can to fit and influence the story and mechanics of Gundam AGE.

Quote:
Something screaming " HAX " is more Mardonas making a Dods rifle for the G-Exes without any explanation given at all, like episode 10 for example.
As far as I was aware it's not a Dods rifle but a beam rifle, at least that's what the schematics say. Mardona is an expert mobile suit smith, this is an established fact. He's also been stated by several characters to be the best alive right now, and he's one who was shown to be able to build something that is almost on par with the Gundam. That kind of seals the deal as to the claim that he's one of the best. For this reason I don't see why he couldn't have come up with a beam rifle knockoff design as well to pair with his masterpiece the G-Exes. Were he just some random dude that concocted this out of nowhere I might find myself agreeing with you more, but as it stands I fail to see where the Hax comes from.

Quote:
Louise being the oddball, Soma wasnt a crazy cyber newtype, she was a supersoldier though, but what i wrote was meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner, not nitpicking over small details, but, some people do anything to have a chance to complain
Please don't tell me you're trying to turn this back around on the people that are supportive and open towards the show cause if so then lol.

Quote:
But it is, look at the previous episode and the Diva, why couldnt they use the AGE builder to make one rifle for the Genoace? it has enough combat data from what the AGE-1 has seen.
I don't know, watch the show and maybe stop finding stuff to gripe about for half a second and it'll hopefully be explained. If not then by all means bitch away.

Quote:
They don't need to refit the entire army of allies they have, just make one rifle for one out of the three mobile suits they have onboard don't blow things out of porportion just because you don't agree with it.
Again my suggestion would be to watch the show and find out if they do eventually do this for the final arc or not. I'd be surprised if the Genoace doesn't get at least something to bring it up to being more on par with the Gundam, G-Exes and Gafran cause it would otherwise basically just mean sending Largan out to die. Whether it turns out to be a beam rifle or something else is what I'm more curious about.

Quote:
Seeing how well the G-Exes and the AGE-1 are performing with their Dods rifles alone should motivate the crew into somehow making the Genoace useful, Vargas for example gave it better armor, why couldn't they copy the Dods rifle built for the G-Exes?
See above, they're not even done preparing for the battle at this point keep in mind.

Quote:
Trying to defend a show you like is normal, but trying to defend one of the most obvious and stupid plotholes like this one is with inuniverse mechanics that have no proof is stupid. Its like trying to justify Mwu surviving at the end of Seed, it was a retcon by the author, nothing more, and this regarding the Genoace is just a obvious plothole or miss with the writers, or they don't care.
Wow you're just going to be a darling of a poster for the rest of this show aren't you? I don't even see how the two issues are comparable, Mwu couldn't have possibly survived that event so it was obvious bullshit and retconning at play, this is just something that hasn't been addressed yet as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately some people are so quick to jump the gun to find anything to complain about that they'll allow something that is the result of a show being in mid arc to count as a flaw in the show in their eyes. Now if you want to talk seemingly actual oversights, the one regarding Madorna seemingly just popping in out of nowhere as if no time had passed at Minsry would be a fair one.

Quote:
(parts snipped for repetitive complaining)

People defending this show like it's a virgin maiden needs to stop, of course people are going to dislike certain parts of it, but acting like it's a flawless piece of art while completely disregarding what's being said in the actual show is sad.
Again I'd direct you to see the above response I made to Revolutionist and question how anyone is doing what you claim here. As far as I can tell the only one-sided approach towards this show on this forum is coming from folks like yourself and Wingdarkness. We who are just trying to give the show a chance and enjoy ourselves here have addressed and acknowledged some issues with the show, but we've also just talked about stuff that's happened and are trying to have a productive and positive conversation with regard to the content as well cause frankly Gundam AGE is not the abomination of failed writing that some make it out to be. Some people see framing everything they discuss about a show in the form of a complaint as perfectly normal, others see it as kind of ridiculous and even kind of annoying and to be honest it just makes it look like people have some sort of agenda to bring to the table or something.

Hey though, as far as I'm concerned if the biggest complaint (or at least most repeated complaint that's actual just a nitpick in reality) that apparent haters can come up with is that the show has yet to address why the other suits haven't been shown to be upgraded yet while they're in the middle of running from the Federation, securing financial aid, building an army, fighting the UE and just generally being busy then the show must clearly be doing okay.

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this episode the first time the idea of using the AGE System on anything but the Gundam was introduced? Assuming I'm not mistaken on that, I wouldn't really call it a plothole to have not used the AGE System on the Genoace when the idea of doing so hadn't yet come up. It's somewhat stupid that they made no effort to make the Genoace worth putting on the battlefield (given their limited fighting force), and perhaps stupid that they hadn't thought to use the AGE System on anything but the Gundam before now, but I wouldn't call that a plothole.
Pretty much. Again "plot hole" (barring it being addressed at some point) better fits the whole Madorna just showing up at Minsry colony like he was already there, trying to label the Genoace situation a plot hole however just absolutely reeks of desperation to find fault.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:32   Link #84
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Seeing how Vargas spends most of his time next to the AGE Builder and Largan standing next to him i'd call it a plothole, or lack of good writing to why they havnt tried to upgrade the Genoace's capabilities and weaponsystems already, lazy writing/plothole, it doesnt make sense when they have such a great oppertunity.
No one really said anything about it the first time I mentioned it but let me say it again: Genoace is a piece of junk. The AGE system, as of now, has only provided upgrades to state-of-the-art war machines (Gundam, GN-Exes (which is a copy of the Gundam), and the DIVA). Its perfectly reasonable/possible to believe that the Genoace is already at its operational limit from its normal gear. (Unless, for some reason, the E.F.F. likes to underclock their machines for the lulz, especially something that is on the mass production line like the Genoace. Whereas the DIVA is a brand new unit, unique, and, naturally, can evolve over time.) Hence, the AGE system making anything for the Genoace would be either a waste, entirely impractical, or irrelevant as it would just be reproducing its original gear.

You give the Genoace the DOTS-Rifle, and it blows its own arm off from the recoil.
Great investment.
Old 2011-12-19, 12:40   Link #85
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
You give the Genoace the DOTS-Rifle, and it blows its own arm off from the recoil.
Great investment.
That is what I was thinking too. But the Genoace Custom was able to use DODS/DOTS, so it might not be far-fetched to make the Genoace use one too.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:42   Link #86
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There does seem to be more than an internal power supply at work for the DODS Rifle--it does have to connect to the Gundam from the underarm, so chances are some of its power is from the Gundam itself, and not just whatever power pack. Yes, we saw one Genoace use it safely, but it also used it against a stationary rock to create a diversion, not against an enemy mobile suit. For the rest, see the arguments about the Genoace being a completely different machine; the AGE Builder would need to know more about it and more battle experience to properly design a weapon that it can use, if it is the case that the Genoace can't properly power or wield the DODS Rifle.

And as for the Genoace getting equipped with the Titus wear parts? While that was a nice gimmick for the models, we've seen in the show that at the very least, the arms connect differently from the models. To get that to work, they'd very likely have to partially redesign the Genoace, which I don't see happening, given the lack of resources.
Old 2011-12-19, 12:58   Link #87
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
That is what I was thinking too. But the Genoace Custom was able to use DODS/DOTS, so it might not be far-fetched to make the Genoace use one too.
I'd consider the custom to be well above the specs of your standard mass production model as it was probably not built on an assembly line. And rising dragon brings up a good point about the power supply required.
Old 2011-12-19, 13:04   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

One thing I also think is worth bearing mention is that when it comes to technical specifications and how things work in the Gundam universe, only U.C and A.D really have anything hammered out into specifics and written in fanbooks while the rest of the series various technologies just tend to be defined by whatever is shown or listed in the model kit instruction booklets. In other words in order to find out any major specifics with regard to how AGE mecha work we'll probably have to wait till the details from the model kit booklets leak out and are translated into English.
Old 2011-12-19, 13:05   Link #89
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC, the Genoace Custom was customized by the same guy who made the G-Exes, he mentions it back when Woolf first shows up at the facility.
Old 2011-12-19, 13:30   Link #90
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Vargan went out of his way to at least increase the Genoace's survival rate.

Wolf in his case went out to get a better suit so at least he had motivation.

I'm surprised Largan isn't spending more time tinkering with his suit to improve its perfomance and what not.

Quote:
IIRC, the Genoace Custom was customized by the same guy who made the G-Exes, he mentions it back when Woolf first shows up at the facility.
There is no way in hell the mech would've forseen the Custom utilizing a powerful weapon the gundam uses. On that matter I don't recall him mentioning it was customized by him. He just says "tired with your suit?"

In Gundam Unicorn the Delta, which in itself is a powerful unit, snags and cracks a shot off from the Beam Magum and that damaged its arm (not blow it off) but crippled it.

In Gundam Wing it's stated that if a Leo tries using the Dobergun from the Tallgeese that too would blow its arm off and we know how big a recoil that gun gives.

In Age Gundam Woolf snags the Rifle and fires not one but several shots with just one arm. I don't see where this excuse "oh because it was a rock" has anything to do with the custom not being able to use it. He fired several shots and his suit was fine and those shots actually pierced the rock itself.

Quote:
For the rest, see the arguments about the Genoace being a completely different machine; the AGE Builder would need to know more about it and more battle experience to properly design a weapon that it can use, if it is the case that the Genoace can't properly power or wield the DODS Rifle.
The AGE builder knew enough to create a brand new spanking cannon for the Diva seconds after it was calibrated.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:34   Link #91
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
No one really said anything about it the first time I mentioned it but let me say it again: Genoace is a piece of junk. The AGE system, as of now, has only provided upgrades to state-of-the-art war machines (Gundam, GN-Exes (which is a copy of the Gundam), and the DIVA). Its perfectly reasonable/possible to believe that the Genoace is already at its operational limit from its normal gear. (Unless, for some reason, the E.F.F. likes to underclock their machines for the lulz, especially something that is on the mass production line like the Genoace. Whereas the DIVA is a brand new unit, unique, and, naturally, can evolve over time.) Hence, the AGE system making anything for the Genoace would be either a waste, entirely impractical, or irrelevant as it would just be reproducing its original gear.

Great investment.
The federation is underclocking their mobile suits due to the treaty mentioned in earlier episodes, pretty much for the lulz as you said.

And i fully agree on the Genoace being a piece of junk, but the Diva has 3 mobile suits, it would be smart to have 3 useful mobile suits instead of 2, right? Performancevice the Genoace isnt that bad, it just can't hurt the UE at all, Largan seems to be able to handle his own, but he is pretty much fighting a brick wall with a feather, which is sad.

Once again, the Genoace wouldnt blow its own arm off from shooting the Dods rifle, which Woolf showed in a previous episode when he fired the Dods rifle with nothing malfunctioning at all, the Genoace custom and Genoace use the same basic frame, from what we've been shown nothing is changed except the backpack and the top shoulder armor, its safe to assume the Genoace is capable of firing the Dods rifle aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I agree, the AGE Builder shouldn't just become a pure plot device and they should try to use the concept as best they can to fit and influence the story and mechanics of Gundam AGE.

As far as I was aware it's not a Dods rifle but a beam rifle, at least that's what the schematics say. Mardona is an expert mobile suit smith, this is an established fact. He's also been stated by several characters to be the best alive right now, and he's one who was shown to be able to build something that is almost on par with the Gundam. That kind of seals the deal as to the claim that he's one of the best. For this reason I don't see why he couldn't have come up with a beam rifle knockoff design as well to pair with his masterpiece the G-Exes. Were he just some random dude that concocted this out of nowhere I might find myself agreeing with you more, but as it stands I fail to see where the Hax comes from.
Beam rifle* i stand corrected. it still operates the same way as the Dods rifle from what we've seen animated sofar.

Quote:
Please don't tell me you're trying to turn this back around on the people that are supportive and open towards the show cause if so then lol.
What?

Quote:
I don't know, watch the show and maybe stop finding stuff to gripe about for half a second and it'll hopefully be explained. If not then by all means bitch away.
I've seen every episode, i don't look for stuff to whine about, i enjoy the show and explain why certain parts prevented me from fully enjoying the episode, i'm too lazy to find my earlier post, so i'll say it again.

I don't hate this show, sofar i've enjoyed it. some episodes have been great, while some havent, its the same with every show you watch, you usually don't enjoy every single episode, but overall its a good experience, sofar i think AGE has been mediocre, nothing super good, but not something really bad either.

Quote:
Again my suggestion would be to watch the show and find out if they do eventually do this for the final arc or not. I'd be surprised if the Genoace doesn't get at least something to bring it up to being more on par with the Gundam, G-Exes and Gafran cause it would otherwise basically just mean sending Largan out to die. Whether it turns out to be a beam rifle or something else is what I'm more curious about.
The final arc? i'm going to assume you meant the final episode, If they decide to upgrade the Genoace for the upcoming final battle, i'll be glad, but it feels like they should've done it before arriving to Minsry, or before episode 10.

It seems like Largan is a completely wasted character sofar, except for displaying how kickass the UE is, AGE version of the Worf Effect?

Quote:
Wow you're just going to be a darling of a poster for the rest of this show aren't you? I don't even see how the two issues are comparable, Mwu couldn't have possibly survived that event so it was obvious bullshit and retconning at play, this is just something that hasn't been addressed yet as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately some people are so quick to jump the gun to find anything to complain about that they'll allow something that is the result of a show being in mid arc to count as a flaw in the show in their eyes.
You think Mardorna using instant transmission to Minsry is an oversight, i think the Genoace still being useless with the AGE System/Builder/Madorna there is an oversight.

There is a difference in opionions, i respect that.

I'm not looking for chances to complain, some parts of the show hinders me from enjoying it, this is a place to discuss that.

Quote:
Now if you want to talk seemingly actual oversights, the one regarding Madorna seemingly just popping in out of nowhere as if no time had passed at Minsry would be a fair one.
Get off your highhorse. Your opinion doesnt set the standards, noones do. We all share different views of the show, good or bad.

Quote:
Again I'd direct you to see the above response I made to Revolutionist and question how anyone is doing what you claim here. As far as I can tell the only one-sided approach towards this show on this forum is coming from folks like yourself and Wingdarkness.
Myself and Wingdarkness? i'm expressing my dislikes for how certain parts in the show is being handled, is that wrong?

Quote:
We who are just trying to give the show a chance and enjoy ourselves here have addressed and acknowledged some issues with the show,but we've also just talked about stuff that's happened and are trying to have a productive and positive conversation with regard to the content as well cause frankly Gundam AGE is not the abomination of failed writing that some make it out to be.
Yes, so have i, just because our opinions arent the same it doesnt mean i'm not enjoying the show, which i've explained earlier, i've never said AGE's writing is a abomination, i've said it has bad writing and execution at parts which prevents me from fully enjoying bits in the episode.

Quote:
Some people see framing everything they discuss about a show in the form of a complaint as perfectly normal, others see it as kind of ridiculous and even kind of annoying and to be honest it just makes it look like people have some sort of agenda to bring to the table or something.
And exacly the same thing applies to people not sharing your opinion.

Quote:
Hey though, as far as I'm concerned if the biggest complaint (or at least most repeated complaint that's actual just a nitpick in reality) that apparent haters can come up with is that the show has yet to address why the other suits haven't been shown to be upgraded yet while they're in the middle of running from the Federation, securing financial aid, building an army, fighting the UE and just generally being busy then the show must clearly be doing okay.
Other suit*

How is it a nitpick when 1/3 of the main pilots arent able to do anything in his Mobile suit when the other two has useful ones?

Quote:
Pretty much. Again "plot hole" (barring it being addressed at some point) better fits the whole Madorna just showing up at Minsry colony like he was already there, trying to label the Genoace situation a plot hole however just absolutely reeks of desperation to find fault.
Madorna randomly showing up at Minsry wasnt a big plot hole to me, we don't know how much time went by between him being asked to help and him showing up.

having 1 out of the 3 Mobile suits being useless does bother me though. i don't want the Genoace to get some awesome übercannon that can rip holes in space and time, a Beam rifle or being outfitted with the Titus parts would be fine, just something to make him less useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There does seem to be more than an internal power supply at work for the DODS Rifle--it does have to connect to the Gundam from the underarm, so chances are some of its power is from the Gundam itself, and not just whatever power pack. Yes, we saw one Genoace use it safely, but it also used it against a stationary rock to create a diversion, not against an enemy mobile suit. For the rest, see the arguments about the Genoace being a completely different machine; the AGE Builder would need to know more about it and more battle experience to properly design a weapon that it can use, if it is the case that the Genoace can't properly power or wield the DODS Rifle.
Woolf in his custom didn't let it connect, once again, the Dods rifle has a internal battery/ecap/epack it runs on, from what we've been shown sofar in the show nothing speaks against it

And how is shooting at a rock and shooting at the UE different? your still shooting the same weapon

Quote:
And as for the Genoace getting equipped with the Titus wear parts? While that was a nice gimmick for the models, we've seen in the show that at the very least, the arms connect differently from the models. To get that to work, they'd very likely have to partially redesign the Genoace, which I don't see happening, given the lack of resources.
Seeing how the In-universe mechanics works similar to the Gunpla in AGE, it wouldn't surprise me if the Genoace got the Titus parts .

The AGE builder seem to have scarse resources, we know nothing about the Diva's supplies sofar, they seem to have restocked while they hanged around Mardona's factory(or before leaving Fardain) seeing how the AGE builder managed to build Spallow parts
Old 2011-12-19, 14:58   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy
People defending this show like it's a virgin maiden needs to stop, of course people are going to dislike certain parts of it, but acting like it's a flawless piece of art while completely disregarding what's being said in the actual show is sad.
I honestly only see this from a few people...Most people just come in thread and talk about what they wanna talk about, but then there are those who blow everything out of proportion thinking that 1% of less than 1% of the Gundam fanbase that resides here is really ruining an experience that would be no experience at all, because they would prefer no discussion over discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Sama
Unfortunately some people are so quick to jump the gun to find anything to complain about that they'll allow something that is the result of a show being in mid arc to count as a flaw in the show in their eyes.
This is such crap...You're a smartguy, I know you are...What contextual clues in the style of writing this show has been using so far gives you the idea that mid-arc flaws will be explained well in the end? Are they magically just gonna start writing the show well in the last episode of the arc? It's not always about what gets shown in the end, if it was crap getting there, the end will seem cheap anyway...The show has set a clear baseline for how it's gonna tell this story by now...I know you see this which is why you keep pulling the "we're just trying to enjoy the show" - card...

Enjoy the show, I've read many comments where people ignore both you and me and talk about shipping elements and what have you, so let the dissenters have there voice, because honestly you're like the only person in this forum that can't let it slide...You preemptively (if not passively) strike any essence of bad comments toward the show even when they don't really exist...

Just talk about the show without all of the pre-smilicon passive-aggressive stuff you do every post...You start more $hit than I think you realize...

Quote:
As far as I can tell the only one-sided approach towards this show on this forum is coming from folks like yourself and Wingdarkness.
Lowercase "w" BTW...My approach is watching a Gundam episode, then logging on and talking about what I want to talk about, the way i wanna talk about it...You should try it...Znozzy and some others are certainly talking more specs related stuff than I am...That's not something i even care that much about, I just think the writing on this show is so below par (In explaining so much coherently), that even a smart guy like yourself should understand peoples' normally rational opinion about it highlighting it...

Like people who wanna curl up in a cat-like fetal position thinking about the cuteness of Yurin...Solid, understandable, coherent writing makes me wanna curl up too...
Old 2011-12-19, 15:23   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

This is such crap...You're a smartguy, I know you are...What contextual clues in the style of writing this show has been using so far gives you the idea that mid-arc flaws will be explained well in the end? Are they magically just gonna start writing the show well in the last episode of the arc? It's not always about what gets shown in the end, if it was crap getting there, the end will seem cheap anyway...The show has set a clear baseline for how it's gonna tell this story by now...I know you see this which is why you keep pulling the "we're just trying to enjoy the show" - card...
The implication that the writing is inherently and objectively crap is what makes it hard for me to see your point. Personally I do not see the writing as crap at all. Somewhat lighthearted compared to other Gundam series yes, crappy, full of plot holes and just irredeemably bad, not even close.

Also please stop trying to put thoughts in my head that I for a second buy into this rush to condemn the show. Just because I can see some flaws with it doesn't mean that that is all I can see, that's the key difference between me and some of the other posters here.

Quote:
Enjoy the show, I've read many comments where people ignore both you and me and talk about shipping elements and what have you, so let the dissenters have there voice, because honestly you're like the only person in this forum that can't let it slide...You preemptively (if not passively) strike any essence of bad comments toward the show even when they don't really exist...
Indeed some people want none of the bullshit and just want to have a good time and enjoy themselves.

Quote:
Just talk about the show without all of the pre-smilicon passive-aggressive stuff you do every post...You start more $hit than I think you realize...
We'll try that approach again next week and see how well it goes for the thread, how does that sound? In fact why not try starting right after this post and go until the end of this arc and we'll see how well the threads end up turning out.

Quote:
Lowercase "w" BTW...My approach is watching a Gundam episode, then logging on and talking about what I want to talk about, the way i wanna talk about it...You should try it...Znozzy and some others are certainly talking more specs related stuff than I am...That's not something i even care that much about, I just think the writing on this show is so below par (In explaining so much coherently), that even a smart guy like yourself should understand peoples' normally rational opinion about it highlighting it...

Like people who wanna curl up in a cat-like fetal position thinking about the cuteness of Yurin...Solid, understandable, coherent writing makes me wanna curl up too...
You know this is some pretty douchey stuff as well which is the majority of the reason I try to take a stand here from time to time and try to give folks like you a taste of their own medicine. It's honestly pretty damn insulting how every so often you just completely shit all over people for happening to like the simple things in this show. A little less of that and you'd probably see a little less of the passive-aggressive stance being taken from people like me.

Perhaps Znozzy is just doing his own thing and giving voice to his personal concerns and doesn't have an agenda at all, but you betray yours and wear it on your sleeve and that's why I think we're going to continue to have a rocky relationship going forward at best.
Old 2011-12-19, 15:32   Link #94
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I believe what wingdarkness is trying to say is that there isn't that much depth to the writing. Gundam AGE is very light on the dialogue and quite easy to understand. Then again I do have a degree in Linguistics and Japanese so maybe I'm just biased, but compared to Unicorn, AGE reads like Dr. Seuss.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 15:34   Link #95
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Perhaps Znozzy is just doing his own thing and giving voice to his personal concerns and doesn't have an agenda at all, but you betray yours and wear it on your sleeve and that's why I think we're going to continue to have a rocky relationship going forward at best.
Agenda? once again, what are you talking about?
Old 2011-12-19, 15:41   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I believe what wingdarkness is trying to say is that there isn't that much depth to the writing. Gundam AGE is very light on the dialogue and quite easy to understand. Then again I do have a degree in Linguistics and Japanese so maybe I'm just biased, but compared to Unicorn, AGE reads like Dr. Seuss.
Interesting comparison. I believe that would mean that AGE is doing it's job then seeing as how Dr. Seuss is pretty famous for being someone that could write for both children and adults alike. Personally I think Mr. Geisel was a genius like no other when it came to spinning what otherwise amounted to gibberish into a charming narrative, with deeply rooted progressive themes and ideals that he wanted to pass onto the next generation. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man and hope that Gundam AGE can even come close to achieving what he managed in terms of literature with his books when it comes to execution of it's core themes.

Quote:
Agenda? once again, what are you talking about?
Well I committed already towards trying to do my part to calm the fires that are starting to rage here so I'll post my response to your VM instead.
Old 2011-12-19, 15:49   Link #97
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Jesus Jenkins, I'm saying that YOU unlike many others, are allowing my comments to effect your experience (Like you are doing to boatloads of others)...Other members, each week, ignore my comments and talk about what they wanna talk about...Try it... I mean it's douchey because I watch shows for different reasons than a Moe-attic watches certain shows? That is what it is...I have anime fetishes aswell, just nothing that AGE highlights...I commend the people who just wanna enjoy a show for elements like that because they're getting fulfilled by something when that's all i want...

The only person that gets truly angry (I'm using logic here) probably knows in their heart of hearts I'm right...

When I'm happy about stuff in Gundam (Like I was 85% of Gundam OO) I express that, and have many friends and people I'm cool with here, so your point is severely off...Again when I was on your side I didn't hear non of this $hit (All I heard from you was "I totally agree wingdarkness...", "Great point wingdarkness," now it's all "You suck wingdarkness..." WTFizdis?

Why not ask a mod to let you create a "good times" Gundam Age champagne thread or something like that...I mean that seems to be what you want, some Gattaca $hit...I'm all for that, I'd stay out of it, but whatever my "agenda" may be, understand it comes from my natural reaction after an episode, and my honest inclination to never suppress opinion...

Quote:
The implication that the writing is inherently and objectively crap is what makes it hard for me to see your point.
I've explained it in-depth a million times...You already know, and probably agree with me which is the sad part...
Old 2011-12-19, 16:25   Link #98
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, can you please chill out some?

It's ok to disagree with another opinion, but please try to do it without trowing jabs or looking down on other people. Any more of this "I know better than you" stuff will get some posts deleted or edited.
Old 2011-12-19, 17:49   Link #99
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I must agree! Though episode 11 made somewhat of a stride in improvement in terms of being more subtle. Case in that instead of using dialogue to advance the story, more emphasis was put on the expressions and behaviour of the characters.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 19:43   Link #100
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I'm not buying the whole younger demographic bullshit anymore. This show doesn't know what it wants to be. The gaping plot holes like using the AGE system to upgrade the Diva but not the Genoace are just the result of piss-poor story telling. There a lot more but it's pointless to go over them, you guys already know them anyway.

Flit isn't that much younger than most Gundam protagonists, and AGE so far has dealt with topics like war, loss of loved ones, romantic relationships, sacrificing for a greater cause. You don't see that in shows for 5-9 year olds...

I get the impression that AGE doesn't know what it wants to be; it tries to apply to wide range of audiences and instead ends of being mediocre, if not just utter crap.

Going by the art-style you'd think this is a light-hearted show, perhaps even a comedy if we look at the grandpa, Boyage,his two bodyguards, and the rainbow hair dude. Then the show tries to be serious by having these characters fight in a real war and die. The thing is though, any emotional impact their deaths could've had went out the window the moment they established them as jokes with their dialog and ridiculous designs.

Tags
weekly episode discussion