AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 10 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 34.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 21:02   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
*looks around thread*

Has it become this interesting between Misaki and Nanami? I fell behind 4 episodes, so I guess it's about time I catch up. In the mean time, take it easy good fans!
Compared to other series? Not really It's just getting more focus as we enter the second half.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:08   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Compared to other series? Not really It's just getting more focus as we enter the second half.
Good! At times, I just want to rip my hair off when I watch this series. In one episode, I rolled my eyes so far back that I thought I lost one of my eyeball. Fortunately for me, that wasn't the case, so I voted the episode a 6. I'm done derailing this thread.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:23   Link #63
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
So you mean that she should accept other people confession eventhough she doesn't love him?
Sorry, but i don't agree with this kind of logic.

Regarding Nanamin vs Mashiron, it all depends on the author decision to plot the story. But in my opinion, i wish that Sorata choose Nanamin, because from the start until now, they both have benefit each other.

But unfortunately, as other point out. It is a sinking ship.
Old 2013-01-30, 23:20   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I'd be completely happy with either a Mashiro ending or a Nanami ending -- they are both highly attractive as females and as humans. And Sorata likes them both. But Mashiro is the one who turns him on, it appears.

As for this episode (and the previous one): what a great show this is. The time just flies by, with every character contributing.

Quote:
The way she rejected the classmate which name escapes me few episodes back, makes Nanami deserving her sinking ship.
Sorry, pal. Guys are not the center of the world. She has the right to accept who she wants to and reject who she wants to. I mean, even you who are defending him can't remember his name. Maybe she'll accept him later. He seems like a good guy. But for now she is totally fixated on Sorata.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2013-01-30, 23:28   Link #65
Ridwan

People, I said "the way" she did it. No matter how nervous you are, manners matter. It can probably be rather difficult to tell him politely that she already has someone she likes but that's what she should've done, instead of running away from confession like she would do a midnight ambusher.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:18   Link #66
larethian

This episode felt like it's a calm before a storm *shrug*. Rita is coming back next week for Valentine's? Nice.
Old 2013-01-31, 05:16   Link #67
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So you mean that she should accept other people confession eventhough she doesn't love him?
Sorry, but i don't agree with this kind of logic.

Regarding Nanamin vs Mashiron, it all depends on the author decision to plot the story. But in my opinion, i wish that Sorata choose Nanamin, because from the start until now, they both have benefit each other.

But unfortunately, as other point out. It is a sinking ship.
For someone who's here for MisakixJin I'm just eyerolling myself to death, again.

For everything that Nanami might have done, the biggest change in Sorata is that he now actually fights for his dream of creating a game/becoming a game designer now. That change has nothing to do with the rest of the cast because the change happened when he met Mashiro.

Before that he was just drifting through his high school years. Also the romantic feelings developed after that change, which suggests that he isn't trying so hard because of those feelings.

Also leaving out that they're in high school, who in their right mind goes for the person which is the "better/rational" choice. You pick the one you love damn it. If it doesn't work, tough luck. It's also pretty disrespectful towards Aoyama if he picks her although he wants to be with Mashiro. How would you feel in her shoes, cause she will know how he really feels. Would be strange cause she seems like a person with healthy self-respect and she would be throwing that out of the window if he accepts him like that.

Both have their own merit in being a "good" choice, but considering how the story is written picking Aoyama would just be wrong in so many ways imho.

Last edited by kivredia; 2013-01-31 at 06:26.
Old 2013-01-31, 07:56   Link #68
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It matters little that Nanami would clearly be the best choice for a successful long-term relationship. The MC is your typical boy character who falls for the typical girl character who uses sex appeal to get her man (mainly since she has nothing else to offer).
Agreed to some extent. While it's obvious that Mashiro cares about our clueless MC, I feel that Nanami is a much better (and safer) choice for a normal, stable relationship.
But hey.

Quote:
Timing is everything... the guy (the fact that we don't even remember his name says a lot about him) clearly picked the worst possible time to confess.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:03   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Agreed to some extent. While it's obvious that Mashiro cares about our clueless MC, I feel that Nanami is a much better (and safer) choice for a normal, stable relationship.
But hey.

One question, what's so unstable about a relationship with Mashiro?
Old 2013-01-31, 08:04   Link #70
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
One question, what's so unstable about a relationship with Mashiro?
The fact that she feels more like a newborn child than an actual teenage girl ?

Quick edit:
I'm not looking to start any shipping wars or anything. Either way the story goes, I'll be happy with it. I just saw a comment I agreed with and voiced my own feelings about it, that's all.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:05   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The fact that she feels more like a newborn child than an actual teenage girl ?
Why would that make things unstable?

EDIT:

Quote:

Quick edit:
I'm not looking to start any shipping wars or anything. Either way the story goes, I'll be happy with it. I just saw a comment I agreed with and voiced my own feelings about it, that's all.

That's fine and all, but people have been using this 'stable relationship' reason for the longest time so I'm just looking for clarification as to why would Mashiro not be a stable relationship as well.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:14   Link #72
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

How can it be a stable relationship when one's side completely dependent on the other for the most basic things? Mashiro can't handle herself when it comes to the simplest things such as getting dressed (and not forgetting her pants) or cooking a meal.

Just look at when Sorata's busy with his own projects... he has no time to look after Mashiro. And she can't look after herself. Which means that a) they'd need a third wheel to sit him for him while he's busy or b) Mashiro tries to do something by herself and destroys the kitchen/cooks something inedible/etc

Either way, I just can't see how such a relationship can survive in the long term.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:25   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How can it be a stable relationship when one's side completely dependent on the other for the most basic things? Mashiro can't handle herself when it comes to the simplest things such as getting dressed (and not forgetting her pants) or cooking a meal.

Just look at when Sorata's busy with his own projects... he has no time to look after Mashiro. And she can't look after herself. Which means that a) they'd need a third wheel to sit him for him while he's busy or b) Mashiro tries to do something by herself and destroys the kitchen/cooks something inedible/etc

Either way, I just can't see how such a relationship can survive in the long term.

But isn't the mark of a stable relationship the strong bond between the two people that would care for and understand each other?

If the issue is about dependency then what you're implying is that people that aren't completely independent, like those that might have disabilities or special needs that they require physical support can't be in a stable relationship?
Old 2013-01-31, 08:31   Link #74
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
a) they'd need a third wheel to sit him for him while he's busy or b) Mashiro tries to do something by herself and destroys the kitchen/cooks something inedible/etc

Now besides the fact I know a few couples where one person is quite dependent and so there's an aid that's hired to help out and the couples are doing just fine.There's something else.

you forgot outcome C) Mashiro learns

She isn't braindead,if she genuinely tries something she can learn,give her some time in the kitchen and she'll learn, she knows how to use a computer just fine,why?Because she needed it to draw manga so she was motivated to learn.

And as far as I can tell, Sorata doesn't have to dress her up every morning anymore.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:58   Link #75
bastek66

Quote:
If you are using already factors like "stable relationship" or her trying doing other stuff why do you forget that she is rich and always can employ someone to help. In her adult life ofc.
Old 2013-01-31, 09:23   Link #76
kivredia

Quote:
Why would that make things unstable?

EDIT:

That's fine and all, but people have been using this 'stable relationship' reason for the longest time so I'm just looking for clarification as to why would Mashiro not be a stable relationship as well.
Because somehow people have the impression that she's brain dead, handicapped or has autism. When in fact the reason why she isn't able to do every day chores is that she simply never had to do anything but draw.

Just take someone from a wealthy family who has butlers or servants who do everything for them and never had to deal with average human relationships and responsibilities, living a completely sheltered life. Put them in a situation where they have to get by on their own. They would fail just as badly as Mashiro.

But here's the thing, you can teach almost anybody how to take care of every day life stuff especially if they're willing to learn. Which Mashiro for the sake of Sorata clearly is, it isn't rocket science. You cannot teach someone to be a genius though. Someone just needs to sit her down and tell her that she needs to learn those things and help her out at the start.. If Sorata, for whom she cares a lot about would do that, and not in a half assed manner like up until now. Anyone can guess how hard she would try to change and learn those things. No third party, no "social" help or other stuff. Just something that you could describe as tough love.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure most guys at the age of 16 can't cook(and no shoving a pizza into the oven doesn't count), clean a household, take care of their laundry and stuff while going to school and everything. They mostly reside at hotel Mama who takes care of them. So why should their girlfriend do all of that and be that dependable person for that "stable and normal relationship".

This "stable relationship" argument is being brought up every single episode cause it's clear´who will win in the end. Even though people pointed out, on several occasions now, that it isn't even half true.

For Christ's sake, you do remember the title of the anime right? You do realize that Aoyama has been a supporting character from the start? And on top of that, Sorata has been spending most of his time in this story together with Mashiro since she has basically taking up residence in his room. So yeah, the shy girl who has never even asked him out to a real date. Who has not been living with him. And even after moving in maybe spent about 20% worth of time compared to her rival with the guy. And who basically behaves like a good buddy instead of a love interest should CLEARLY win now cause she is the perfect waifu.

I don't care who wins, cause I'm way more intrigued about Jin's decisions cause I can relate to him(apart from the several girlfriend stuff). But clearly it's way more important which shipping army wins when the outcome is most likely predicted with the name of the anime.
Old 2013-01-31, 14:03   Link #77
Itlandm
Porcupine

I agree, the name implies that Shiina-chan is at least as much the main character as Sorata is. If there is a romantic resolution, she is the winner before she started. The interesting and impressive thing is that Aoyama has such a large place in our hearts even though she is a hopeless case. She has made her crush painfully obvious from episode 1 onward, but even when others point it out, the two of them slip back into the comfortable friend zone pretty quickly. Basically, she has already lost, but we love her anyway. Not really because she is the perfect wife (although she comes pretty close), but because we understand her feelings. Loving oblivious people is a very familiar sight in this world.
Old 2013-01-31, 14:04   Link #78
prF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post

Also leaving out that they're in high school, who in their right mind goes for the person which is the "better/rational" choice. You pick the one you love damn it. If it doesn't work, tough luck. It's also pretty disrespectful towards Aoyama if he picks her although he wants to be with Mashiro. How would you feel in her shoes, cause she will know how he really feels. Would be strange cause she seems like a person with healthy self-respect and she would be throwing that out of the window if he accepts him like that.

Both have their own merit in being a "good" choice, but considering how the story is written picking Aoyama would just be wrong in so many ways imho.
Finally someone said it. Love is not just a rational choice. There's no algorithms.
Old 2013-01-31, 15:36   Link #79
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I'm quite aware that nothing I say here will change the show's storyline, but that can't stop me from voicing my thoughts...right?

Yes, a simple look at the show's title will reveal what it's about and who is the main character. But do I have like the main characters? Sorata's not all bad (even though he has his bad moments...like any person) but Mashiro just isn't my cup of tea. Which is why I said that, in my opinion, Nanami would be a much better match.
That is all. My opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Aside from that, I'm pretty sure most guys at the age of 16 can't cook(and no shoving a pizza into the oven doesn't count), clean a household, take care of their laundry and stuff while going to school and everything. They mostly reside at hotel Mama who takes care of them. So why should their girlfriend do all of that and be that dependable person for that "stable and normal relationship".
Because I'm talking about this anime, and not real life.
Sorata can do chores.
Nanami can do chores.
Mashiro can't. Hence my example.

All I wanted to say is that, to me, Nanami feels like a "normal" choice, you know? I don't think Mashiro's braindead or anything. She's a work in progress, and while she's been showing progress, she still has a long way to go.

Both are real nice girls, no doubt about that, it's just that I prefer the normal one.
I don't expect this show's storywriters to read this forum and go "Oh my god, he is right! We should change the story!" or anything. Afterall, I am only a viewer. And I'm well aware of who the main characters are, who the supporting cast is and what's the (extremely) likely romantic pairing.

I like this show. I just don't like Mashiro because I feel like the writers have been shoving her in my face since episode one and going "LOOK AT HER! ISN'T SHE CUTE! JUST LOOK AT HOW SHE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HERSELF! D'AWWWW!". Regardless, I'd still recommend this to others.

Saying you prefer someone in these forums can turn into a scary experience O.o
Old 2013-01-31, 15:39   Link #80
Lota

Agree with the posts above. Love is not rational, so choosing someone who is "better" for you... it just doesn't work that way. If we chose our partners with our minds and not with our hearts, romance would be dead

And besides, while we're on the topic, everyone's talking about how Mashiro needs Sorata to... well... survive the day, but I think she's evolved a lot from the start of the series and she's pretty much capable to (sort of) take care of herself. I'm sure she'd be able to blow dry her hair, but Sorata's been spending a lot of time with Nanamin, and Mashiro realised that she can spend some time with Sorata like this (at least that's how I see it, I may be wrong ). And it's not like he minds it (if anything, he seems to be enjoying himself a little). I don't think it troubles him anymore. Maybe it did at first, but now I think he has less work, perhaps?

And, even though I got a little distracted, my point was that Sorata needs Mashiro too. Let's not forget, the man ran to the airport begging her not to leave him.