AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 17:42   Link #21
KoopaTroopa

Right now I graduated with a BS in chemistry, so I'm trying to get a job in the biotech field as a quality control chemist in a pharmaceutical company. Other than that, I'm thinking about applying to the FBI.
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:30   Link #22
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I feel even older than Roots -_-
I can't tell if that's a compliment, or an insult. If it's a compliment, come to Austin and I'll help you find a job in microarch. And if it's an insult, uhhh die.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 08:00   Link #23
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Weeee a nice fun topic. For me, i'm trying to get a associates degree in General Engineering. Then from there i'll go get my Bachelor in probably Industial or Mechnical Engineering. I would like to also get a degree in NanoTechnology, Robotics, and then maybe in/or Stem-Cell Technology or Research.

What a high future huh? but what i hope to be doing in the future is to become involved between Nanotechnology/Robotics/Stem-Cell. If you mix all three, you get " The Study of Energy, its Creation and Manipulations". Let's break the law of thermodynamics. Let's start getting perpetual energy. This goal seems impossible. It'll be like running into a wall. hahahah ^_^

Wow! Alot of things you plan to do :P Hope you can keep up with it all though :O And nanotechnology does sound pretty interesting but robotics doesn't really spark my interest :P
Well Yakult: Nanotechnology, Robotics, and Stem-Cell are some of the smaller study field, that are becoming large, but these fields are so controversial, they can rise and fall like sea weeds, it's rather like stocks. These are are possible but since these fields are still in their infant stages, it's rather expensive to conduct experiments .

It's rather funny how some of the bigger fields today were developed in the Cold War Era, and we're finally catching up with them today, such as the internet. Also with math, we're not really developing up any new math theories/formulas but trying to prove or disprove older theories/formulas.

PS: Well i hope this sparked you guys/gals interests. ^_^

PS: And no class today, my teacher's not here. Gotta kill 2 hours now till the next class. -_-

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:25   Link #24
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Well Yakult: Nanotechnology, Robotics, and Stem-Cell are some of the smaller study field, that are becoming large, but these fields are so controversial, they can rise and fall like sea weeds, it's rather like stocks. These are are possible but since these fields are still in their infant stages, it's rather expensive to conduct experiments .

It's rather funny how some of the bigger fields today were developed in the Cold War Era, and we're finally catching up with them today, such as the internet. Also with math, we're not really developing up any new math theories/formulas but trying to prove or disprove older theories/formulas.

PS: Well i hope this sparked you guys/gals interests. ^_^

PS: And no class today, my teacher's not here. Gotta kill 2 hours now till the next class. -_-
You sure sparked my internet ;P Nanotechnology sounds so cool! Although with that kind of technology maybe bad things can happen too x_x
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 19:52   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For me i went to school for what my parents wanted me to and found later on thats not what i wanted so i left school to figuer out what i wanted and what i wanted to do was staring me right in the face forever which was animation thats what i am working to get into now i may not be there but its nice to know i am doing something for my self even though i had to start from scratch money is a big deal and not at the same time i just want to be happy
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 08:38   Link #26
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
For me i went to school for what my parents wanted me to and found later on thats not what i wanted so i left school to figuer out what i wanted and what i wanted to do was staring me right in the face forever which was animation thats what i am working to get into now i may not be there but its nice to know i am doing something for my self even though i had to start from scratch money is a big deal and not at the same time i just want to be happy

Periods are your friends.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 10:50   Link #27
shiro83

Longest sentence I ever saw...
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 11:45   Link #28
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots

Periods are your friends.

You'll reevaluate that comment when you get married.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 12:08   Link #29
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
If you can use periods you can use semicolons. ^_^ Or was it the other way around?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 16:13   Link #30
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
If you can use periods you can use semicolons. ^_^ Or was it the other way around?
I think it goes both ways. You can only use a semicolon to separate complete thoughts; however, you can't stick them into some random place in a sentence. See my use of the semicolon there? =P (trying to sound smart....eheh heh.)

As to what I want to be....I want to be a...alive. lol.

I'm not sure what I want to be. When I was in kindergarden, I wanted to be a ballerina. XD When I was in grade 2, I decided I wanted to be an author. Things change over time. I guess I realized that maybe writing isn't what I want to do for a living, after all. (I'm a procrastinator, so I doubt I would get much done.) I'm still not sure yet.

But all in all, I'd definitely choose a job that I enjoy over something that pays high. Money doesn't really matter to me, as long as I have enough to feel financially safe, I guess.

Hmm, maybe something to do with the outdoors...

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 00:38   Link #31
pinsher6

i thinkd the career i am aming for is not a very high paying one,of course is not a very low paying one either... my life center will not my caree... home is most important to me... so my aming career will offer me enough time to be with my family...
pinsher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 02:02   Link #32
Vlad Tepes
Child Of Bodom

Send a message via MSN to Vlad Tepes
I´m studying to go and do something with computers, probably creating software.. but I think it´ll take a while before I complete my study..
Vlad Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 05:39   Link #33
real folk blues..

anyone doing a levels here? i just got mine, got 2As and a B. i was aiming for a law/commerce combined degree in uni..but damned G.Paper got an AS C for it..
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 18:07   Link #34
Tabris

Medicine...things aren't going that way since I'm so lazy.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 19:06   Link #35
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
anyone doing a levels here? i just got mine, got 2As and a B. i was aiming for a law/commerce combined degree in uni..but damned G.Paper got an AS C for it..
im doing a levels atm, G.paper? that geography? if want to go into law, you should take the LNAT test.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 19:33   Link #36
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Anyone else just procrastinating their way through and thus screwing up at school?
Old 2006-01-28, 20:31   Link #37
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
Anyone else just procrastinating their way through and thus screwing up at school?
Hell yeah As my dream is to work on a tropical island doing SOMETHING astronomical, my chemistry is lacking importance atm... But I'm having fun, and it's a step to a physics degree, then an astrophysics degree, then tropical island paradise
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 01:30   Link #38
Kurei
おす!

Cool

I'm so simple , I dreamed only of making games since I was a kid.

The game industry (around here anyways) pays well for programmers - 60k+ at one year professional experience. That's more than enough for me as my living is uber cheap.

The work is enjoyable, and it can entirely consume you (weekends and nights). I had to put personal projects on hold. That's a really bad thing, cause my ambition lies in those projects - I don't want to work for the man forever. There's tons of potential for career growth though, and lots of great connections too.

With all the extra cash in hand I actually quit my job to work on my own stuff. If things don't work out there's no shortage of jobs here. Life is good
Kurei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 04:27   Link #39
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I'm currently studying so that in a few (read: quite a few) years, I might become a coumpter security analyst. Brilliant pay, really interesting work...sounds like my dream job. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably just become a programmer. It's A-levels for me too. Latin and Ancient Greek probably don't help my career prospects too much...

My other sought-after job is to join the police force. I've probably watched too much Conan
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 05:41   Link #40
real folk blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
im doing a levels atm, G.paper? that geography? if want to go into law, you should take the LNAT test.
where can i find out more about LNAT?
G.paper= general paper, as it turns out..its not an important subject. o level english is more important.
good luck with you on your a levels
i'm currently applyikng for a university on UCAS
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote