AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 04:36   Link #26221
Eratas123

Why were they even grown naturally? If they wanted the perfect subjects, why didn't they just splice them to maturity then let them grow from there?
Old 2012-03-17, 04:44   Link #26222
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's no such thing as perfect human. In fact, the whole project fails like this. Also, accelerated aging is not advisable, you simply can't stop it once it began.

Just look at Laura, she WAS supposed to be emotionless, but she radically develop unstable emotion without learning human values to balance it.
Old 2012-03-17, 04:49   Link #26223
Eratas123

Actually, it is possible to do it. The protagonist from Bioshock was grown to about 23 years old while he's just chronologically 3. They managed to stop him from rapidly aging after adulthood by making it stop after his teen hormones.
Old 2012-03-17, 04:50   Link #26224
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wait a minute, let me check my books for a while....
Old 2012-03-17, 04:55   Link #26225
Eratas123

Huh? What do you mean?
Old 2012-03-17, 05:05   Link #26226
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay, I have found it.

It was possible to accelerate the aging process, the problem applies when human body adapt to it, even if the therapy is stopped, human's body function already develop such way.

Prevention therapy has to be done continuously, why? Because human body's adaptive ability slowed down much as soon as they reach adulthood, and even stopped when they reach old age.

And I'm questioning Bioshock's credibility when my sis said you can replace your talent via swapping 'plasmid'...
Old 2012-03-17, 05:09   Link #26227
Eratas123

Here's a theory on his aging.
Spoiler:

Yiu think IS is any more realistic than Bioshock?
Old 2012-03-17, 05:19   Link #26228
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But in the end his life span still few years amirite? The second explanation provides what IF, "if lot 111 affected hormones, it would stop working after Jack fully matured", what if this substance affected cell and genes? Bioshock has Hollywood genetics as it's main shtick, if my sis has to be believed.

I already said I'm trying to justify anything I can, if I can't I'll use it without question or ditch it altogether. We all know I.S. not going to work (thermodynamics, energy requirement etc.) but I still use it, but I'm not going to use plasmid-insertion and whatnot
Old 2012-03-17, 05:24   Link #26229
Eratas123

The Good (Canonical) ending shows him on his deathbed after the Little sisters graduated college and had kids on their own. If he did only have 4 years to live, it would make no sense.

The fact of the matter is: Up to 21 years old, growth is controlled by hormones. After that, the body just degrades till death. Assuming you use the hormone theory, it's possible to age someone to as late as 21 before they start aging normally due to degradation.
Old 2012-03-17, 05:30   Link #26230
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*Headscratch*

Okay, I asked a friend and indeed it was true, hormone affect the growth until maturity.

Problem is: Now we ALSO have Laura's case, shoot.
Old 2012-03-17, 05:34   Link #26231
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

My my my my my myyy~ You guys sure post alot

I go away on a nostalgia journey, come back and see 300 more pages in this thread
Old 2012-03-17, 05:39   Link #26232
Eratas123

@ Flame - Welcome back:3

@ Senpai - How is it a problem? She was never intended to be rapidly aged most likely, and they figured that training her from a young age would allow them to add more upgrades as she grew. I highly doubt she was born with the Hyper sensor eye and VT system in her.
Old 2012-03-17, 06:06   Link #26233
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, since I use Laura as basis, might as well follow that one anyway :|
Old 2012-03-17, 06:13   Link #26234
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Why was Laura the only one? You'd think they would make morethan one.
Old 2012-03-17, 06:15   Link #26235
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: In your case, Silent Zephyrs isn't really something that England wants to keep under wraps. Since its tech is already compromised, would they still want to treat it as their super secret project? I doubt that, and they've found a good pilot match in Madoka who's capacity to use Silent Zephyr is beyond almost every test pilot out there.

Lyon's case is different. He's a boy, he isn't really piloting Silver Gospel and just wants to keep Gospel from being sealed away. Worst comes to worst, he'll break out of ISA after his capture and try to retake silver gospel. I already imagined that scenario but wished it didn't have to be used. Ichika would know exactly how Lyon feels, so he knows Lyon would try to break out so Ichika's the only one who meets Lyon during the escape.

Question. Would Ichika let Lyon go? Considering Ichika also treasures the three AI's inside his own IS. (the ones I mentioned before: Setsura, the second AI I've yet to name, and Katami Sae.)
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 06:26   Link #26236
Eratas123

@ Demi - If only Lyon was piloting somebody other than the Gospel, America would probably let him experiment. He's using a core about to be sealed, so there's no happy ending here.
Old 2012-03-17, 06:29   Link #26237
demino_hellsin
That one guy

deus ex machina Tabane? Wait, Tabane would hate Silver and Lyon since Houki was injured during a capture operation. No lasting damage like that inflicted on Ichika though.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 06:34   Link #26238
Eratas123

Tabane won't help him. Sorry, but you made the choice to use the Silver Gospel, and now you have to deal with it/
Old 2012-03-17, 06:40   Link #26239
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well there's hilarious part where they want to recreate Stellar Maelstorm and Galaxy Vanguard, and failed horribly
Old 2012-03-17, 06:44   Link #26240
Eratas123

Didn't they mean to use her as a soldier? It'd make sense to mass produce her.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest