AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-19, 02:54   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Another - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Another, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:33   Link #2
konart

Best episode so far.
I didn't have so much fun since Zombieland
Old 2012-03-19, 12:42   Link #3
Utsuro no Hako

Oh man, that was freaking awesome. Not only do we finally get a death more awesome than the umbrella-impalement, we get three of them in five minutes.

But note to Sakakibara: In the future, when you're in a burning building and the fire alarm won't work, perhaps instead of visiting each and every room individually, you could try running down the hall shouting "FIRE!" Or even find the room with the PA system and use that.

Also, looks like we can eliminate Mikami-sensei and Twintails as suspects (assuming that when Misaki ran off at the end she was going to kill the Another).
Old 2012-03-19, 12:52   Link #4
Horse

Pretty Good TM. Far fetched but pretty good. I was amused with how they were in no rush to check if Kazami was still alive.

I'd switch the OP and ED around this time to keep the energy pumping at the end though.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:04   Link #5
EroKing

Now that wasn't so scary, just a bunch of high school kids trying to kill each

I'm also glad they are keeping the suspense till the last episode and should be one hell of a finale.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:13   Link #6
minhgurluver
Visual Novels Reader

ZOMGWTF that was awesome. so fast-paced and exciting from start to end... feels like the producers tried their best to build up and hold back till last two eps and then... ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!

so yeah, coming back to the plot. Misaki is going to kill the Another... who is that? suspects list now only includes Teshi, Mochizuki and random guys though...
but wait, they didn't show Mikami-sensei in the screencaps reviewing the 3 deaths. so she could be alive and a suspect still.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:25   Link #7
Hakuromatsu

Well, there's nothing quite like turning junior high students into psychopathic murderers.

Old 2012-03-19, 13:26   Link #8
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgurluver View Post
ZOMGWTF that was awesome. so fast-paced and exciting from start to end... feels like the producers tried their best to build up and hold back till last two eps and then... ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!

so yeah, coming back to the plot. Misaki is going to kill the Another... who is that? suspects list now only includes Teshi, Mochizuki and random guys though...
but wait, they didn't show Mikami-sensei in the screencaps reviewing the 3 deaths. so she could be alive and a suspect still.
Knox 1st: The culprit must bee someone mentioned in the early parts of the story.
The Author is a mystery writer, so yes it applies here.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:31   Link #9
Yvese

This ep just went all Higurashi which is AWESOME.

I'm still thinking Mikami is the 'another'. One more week and we'll find out!
Old 2012-03-19, 14:00   Link #10
minhgurluver
Visual Novels Reader

back on the suspects list. Kazami and Maejima are both not confirmed to be dead... yet and might still play a part. Chibiki and the asthma dude are still away... Reiko is not here.
hell, the first time we saw that Ogura girl we all went 'omg so cute' 'poor thing'. Everybody can go batshit crazy and scary.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:20   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was incredible. I had already figured a long time ago this would happen, but this was even more intense and ugly than I expected. They've all lost their mind. Damn that Mochizuki! Couldn't he keep his mouth shut!? To be fair, I can't really blame him since he was smart enough to share the information with only the head of countermeasures and her assistant, and not with everybody.

I never thought Misaki and Mei's resemblance would be what would lead to such a tragic turn of events. From Ogura's standpoint, her theory does make perfect sense. Unfortunately, explaining to her the Misaki she is talking about was Mei's twin would have been useless. Other than Kouichi, who would believe her story?

The only other solution to end this nightmare is to kill the extra person. Mei was reluctant to do it, but she has finally made up her mind at the end of the episode. We can rule out Izumi since she was right in front of her: if she was the extra Mei intends to kill, she wouldn't have run upstairs.

My money is still on Ms Mikami. Did you notice the look on her face when that student asked who the extra was? That was pure fear. Her death was not confirmed: she was hit by a mop, it's not unlikely at all for her to have simply been knocked unconscious. If Kazami can survive a two story fall, I think she can survive a mop.

Actually, let me correct what I said earlier: killing the extra may not end everything, as there is another killer roaming around. I initially thought the killer was Kazami, until SUDDENLY, KILLER GRANDMA! (I definitely like killer lolis better by the way) What the actual fuck? Is she being manipulated by the phenomenon? But if she is, why did she kill her husband -and in such a gruesome fashion too- who as far as we know is unrelated to anybody in class 3? I don't know what to think anymore. At any rate, that was definitely an unexpected development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
Well, there's nothing quite like turning junior high students into psychopathic murderers.

Not so cute anymore. I liked her

The only ray of sunshine in this dark episode was Mei and Kouichi holding hands. Dawwww. They're definitely the couple of the season for me. Funny how I care more about that pairing than the pairings in an actual romances series like Ano Natsu.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:23   Link #12
Goggen

So what I want to know is (other than the obvious questions), what the hell possessed that old lady to murder the host and a bunch of kids all of a sudden? And in such brutal fashion, too...

EDIT: Ah, ha ha, Kanon beat me to it.

Last edited by Goggen; 2012-03-19 at 14:26. Reason: There's a snake in my boot!
Old 2012-03-19, 14:25   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Works for me. The slow reactions to everything are a bit off-putting -- like run down the friggin' hall and shout "fire!" somebody -- but they got the suspense and doubt going, and certainly found inventive ways to slice and dice the cast. However, my favorite moment was Mei holding the MC's hand to tell him not to attack. Romance among the ruins.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:31   Link #14
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It was inevitable that they would all single someone out and try to kill them together. So i take it Mei went to go kill the extra person herself.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:36   Link #15
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
It was inevitable that they would all single someone out and try to kill them together. So i take it Mei went to go kill the extra person herself.
The problem is that the extra will be forgotten by all but the killer. So, even if Mei kills the extra and ends the curse, no one else will know it happened and the witch hunt will continue.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:02   Link #16
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Heh, my suspicions had been on Kazami for a while, since he's been played up as a major character only to have literally disappeared for the last several episodes. He's not quite dead yet, having survived a two-storey fall, unlike poor Ogura, so my money's still on him.

Pretty bloody episode as expected but, to be sure, I don't quite like how it all came from almost nowhere. For Sugiura to literally go psycho — she had obviously been depressed for a few episodes now, but it's hard to believe she'd go Robert Bales all of a sudden.

And what's with the hotel manager? Does the phenomenon literally take over minds now, like it did with Kubodera-sensei?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
However, my favorite moment was Mei holding the MC's hand to tell him not to attack. Romance among the ruins.
Indeed. Sugiura conveniently confirmed that Akazawa's fond of Sakakibara too. Unfortunately, bad blood comes before summer triangle romances.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:06   Link #17
Candyshark

This episode was complete nonsence so yeah some of us predict hell breake loose. But the reactions to some thing so unrealistic. This pretty much where people loose their shit run around like madman yell "FIIIIRE, MUURDEEER!!" and not walk around in slow pace to check whether someone is still alive and knock politely in teacher's room.

Mop-death, "Boobs" choking on wires and Teshi injury breakdown got me gigling. Old geezers killerers where did that come from? Holding hands and last scene with Mei picking skewstick and Izumi going rage mode were great despite being cliche.

So we have bitch fight next week. I hope Izumi won't die from some clumsy slip up on banana or stairs accident. I have no idea on whom to bet. I would put one of the victims on the list though.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:20   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
God, listening to this show wearing[high-quality] headphones scared the **** outta me . The atmosphere really is much more profound when the sound surrounds you instead of coming from just one direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgurluver View Post
so yeah, coming back to the plot. Misaki is going to kill the Another... who is that? suspects list now only includes Teshi, Mochizuki and random guys though... .
Isn't it possible that Kouichi is still the Another? I know Mei specifically said he wasn't, but I had initially took Mei's running away to mean she didn't want to kill him.

Old 2012-03-19, 15:24   Link #19
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So let's see, the casualties in this round were:

Kazami(injured, MIA)
Maeshima(injured, status unknown)
Mikami(injured, status unknown)
Ogura(dead, broken neck from fall)
Ouji(dead, roasted by backdraft)
Sugiura(dead, hanged by dangling cable)

There's also that one skewered student trapped in the emergency staircase that Mochizuki and Teshigawara were trying to escape into, but his identity is not quite clear. Male hotel manager is also KIA but... he doesn't really count, does he?

The graduation ceremony is going to be a fairly somber affair this year, regardless of how many students survive...
Old 2012-03-19, 15:26   Link #20
ookamigirl

Strange things were happening... even more then before.
Lots of corpses too.
Takako lost it completely, but she's not the only one.
That tape sure made a mess of things.
Awesomely intense episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread