Notices

Old 2007-01-25, 18:16   Link #421
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
P.S. Worry not; Yuuichi does NOT go the "Natsume route" in my short story. In the story, it would be fair to say that Yuuichi loved Rika while she was alive - then was able to love Miyuki after Rika died.
no that is a bad thought! if yuuichi should love rika then it will be eternal! T_T jumping on another girl right after one that has dies isnt respectful at all ~ and with that i still remain optimistic (denial) that rika will have a happy life with yuuichi where they get married and have lots and lots of babies

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 07:40   Link #422
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Actually, I discuss that element in the middle part of my story - when Yuuichi describes his life with Rika.

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment; Yuuichi and Rika do have a lot of things going for them, and the time and effort that they invest - as limited as it is - may not be in vain. But some of the reward is likely to come down the road, after Rika has passed on - and this, I believe, is the true meaning of "making a lifetime of memories in a few years".

And yes, anyone can die tomorrow, but let's not kid ourselves - Rika's terminal illness WILL make a world of difference in how they live their lives. Natsume keeps hammering on that point - and while I don't agree with his beliefs or methods, he certainly makes a reasonable argument.
I'll be honest, DanielSong39; I'm actually surprised. You ARE capable of a reasoned, objective argument! Now why don't I ever see you putting the same amount of effort in the Kanon forums, again?

Nevertheless, I'll close my case with an examination of one of the points that you have made; that Rika's terminal illness will make a world of difference in how they live their lives. No, I am not going to argue against that statement, because it's a statement that cannot be argued against. What I'm going to argue is......is that necessarily a bad thing?

Sure, the negative points of having only five years or so to make a lifetime of memories are obvious, so I'll not expound further on them here. However, it's the good points that are more subtle.....in fact, so subtle that I doubt my own ability to fully bring across my point with my command of the vocabulary.

Even so, I'm going to try anyway. And I'm going to start, and end, my argument with a line from Misaka Shiori of Kanon 2006, "Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person...I think that's all it matters."

I apologize for being unable to argue my case any better than that. Nevertheless, I believe this line encompasses all of what I believe Yuuichi and Rika's life together will be; the time is short, but the memories are forever. Life may be short, but one may live forever in the memory of a loved one. And in the end, that's all that matters, isn't it?

I rest my case here. I have no wish to argue further.

EDIT: I am an idiot.....the case which proves my point best has been right in front of my nose all along. And I'm pretty sure anyone else would have thought of it by now, too.....

Let's put it the simplest way. Take the Air Arc of AIR TV. What applies to Misuzu and Haruka in the very end......applies in another sense to Yuuichi and Rika, as well.

Now I remember why the phrase "a lifetime of memories in a short time" strikes such a chord within me....

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-01-26 at 08:53.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 12:34   Link #423
DanielSong39

We're essentially in agreement on this point, so there isn't much to argue about. What I wished to do was to redefine what it means to create a "lifetime of memories" - it isn't necessarily about remembering the things that happened in the past; it's also about moving on and allowing your past experiences to enrich your future.

I honestly believe that Yuuichi can grow from his time with Rika, and emerge as a better person at the end of it. If this experience allows him to live a richer, more fulfillng life... I believe this is the way Rika can live on, and provide him with a "lifetime of memories".

P.S. As for Kanon - I'll just wait until the Ayu/Nayuki arcs before chiming in. Still waiting for the main plot elements to kick in.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:27   Link #424
Hikari no Clover

anybody saw the drama?

after i saw the anime,i know what would happen next , that drama became sooo boring......
have no motivation......
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 23:13   Link #425
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Did the manga-ka of this series ever come up with a epilogue/sequel after
the events in the story? That would be interesting.
Old 2007-05-21, 17:10   Link #426
ellifeedn
Thinker

I recently saw this show and it is one of the best I have ever seen. I rarely see romance shows but I'm glad I made an exception with this one. I heard somewhere in this thread that there were books that were being translated. Could someone tell me more? I know that this was originally a light novel series and I'm being hopeful since I've developed a great intrest in light novels recently.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 15:19   Link #427
crimmy88

I saw this anime for the 3rd time already and still it hits the right spot. The lines that were said at the end of the show were really meaningful (Akiko - Natsume conversation and Yuiichi - Rika conversation in the hospital) Shame that this anime couldnt be longer =(
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 03:03   Link #428
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
this anime.. hurts me inside.. such a sad anime...
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 02:34   Link #429
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
I agree. I just finished this and am literally heartbroken. I mean, we all know that she dies later on; and just the thought of that sickens me. So sad.

This will always be a favorite of mine.

/j
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:25   Link #430
SayaSe
Trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
I concur. I've read and watched much sadness during my fandom (from Narcissu over Planetarian and Please Save My Earth to Arcadia of my Youth), yet Hantsuki was another heart wrenching experience. In the end it turned out to be the epitome of a bittersweet story.
The series is filed under Licensed, but I appear to be unable to find out who licensed it and a potential release date. Any more info on that?
SayaSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:38   Link #431
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayaSe View Post
The series is filed under Licensed, but I appear to be unable to find out who licensed it and a potential release date. Any more info on that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
BOST Digital Entertainment Licensing Announcement

BOST (source ANN / Company site)
Ballad of a Shinigami
Keitai Shoujo
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Torrents are no longer available on AnimeSuki and the title have been added to the License Database.
License Database, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 00:23   Link #432
Asrialys

There better be DVDs of Shinigami and HanTsuki... Heh, but I don't think those two shows are licensed to be aired to North Americans (yet).
Old 2007-12-09, 11:34   Link #433
SayaSe
Trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Blargh. Of course BostTV isn't available up here. Sigh, suppose I'll get the Jap DVD box and find me some softsubs.
Just curious, does anyone in the know feel like transcribing Yūichis last lines in episode six, between Akiko's "Men are stupid." and the ED? Wanted to give it a shot to translate those myself, but I'm ridiculously bad at understanding spoken Japanese.
SayaSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 17:05   Link #434
Asrialys

lol I tried getting all the Japanese, but I'm not that good with the more advanced way they use adjectives. Well, here's what I heard. The underlined parts are the words I wasn't quite sure of.
Quote:
Sono toki...sora ni wa hanbun no tsuki ga kagayaiteita. Mangetsu no you ni akarukunaishi, sekai wa yami ni toketeiru kedo. Demo, kakujitsuni ima wo terashite kagayaiteita.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-12-09 at 18:29.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:41   Link #435
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I am glad that this anime is licensed. It's an excellent one.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:45   Link #436
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looks like this gem has been discovered. I hope it comes out good in the end. If they screw up a great series like this I know Hell and sh*t will be raised.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:58   Link #437
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Looks like this gem has been discovered. I hope it comes out good in the end. If they screw up a great series like this I know Hell and sh*t will be raised.
At least it'll be relatively hard to screw up. There is no need to censor anything, nor is it difficult to translate with minimal humor. I just hope the voice acting isn't too horrid.
Old 2007-12-09, 20:57   Link #438
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
At least it'll be relatively hard to screw up. There is no need to censor anything, nor is it difficult to translate with minimal humor. I just hope the voice acting isn't too horrid.
Sub only...
Old 2007-12-11, 00:26   Link #439
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Good to see it being noticed and licensed. Such a short but well done, moving story....

If you havn't seen it you should
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 23:12   Link #440
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Question: How many volumes did the anime cover? Also where did the anime stop in the novel?
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shounen