AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 17:42   Link #1181
mpt37

I haven't read the manga so I was wondering why everyone liked Juvia so much but 30 seconds into her scene with Gray and I see why. Juvia and Gray are definitely going to be entertaining.

Also, the fact that they have the same voice actors as Nagisa/Tomoya (from Clannad) makes them even better. I'm curious if they had that in mind when casting them.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:14   Link #1182
Nite-Wing

ummm as far as romance goes the omake chaps have a lot of Natsu x Lucy
and concerning the story the most canon pairing has to be
Spoiler for Fairy Tail character reveal:

Last edited by Nite-Wing; 2010-04-16 at 22:36.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:25   Link #1183
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
^Spoiler tag that, anime only viewers haven't even heard of that name yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
not that age means anything in the world of love - in manga. The younger you are, the more prone you're to romance!
Agreed. In fact, I think younger romances are often much more sweeter and pure, free from teenage angst and adult problems. I think one of the most extreme case of this is in Daa!Daa!Daa! / UFO Baby, a shoujo manga/anime, where there's a tricycle-riding 3 year old girl claims Ruu, a baby still unable to speak, as his boyfriend. And they're adorable!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 03:40   Link #1184
Preacher

Surprisingly last episode was very well animated, something i didnt expect from FT. Also they added enought new moments that it was interesting to watch it even right after reading same chapter of manga.
Old 2010-04-17, 03:43   Link #1185
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Also they added enought new moments that it was interesting to watch it even right after reading same chapter of manga.
There wasn't any new scenes in episode 25. Are you talking about episode 24 where we did see anime original material?
Old 2010-04-17, 04:05   Link #1186
Preacher

No. Talking about 25, with few new lines and scenes added to fill time i.e. ground element talking to Elfman, Lucy waking up at the storage building e.t.c.
Old 2010-04-17, 18:19   Link #1187
Azuriell

Just registered, was reading this thread because I googled something like 'will fairy tail turn into a naturo anime' and I guess it will, but I'm actually excited about that.
Haven't read the manga's and since the anime is coming out I'm refraining myself for doing that, I think it'll somehow spoil the fun.

Damnit, I really love the anime series, the bond you get with the characters, you begin to love all the fairy tail characters, even the ones that don't appear that much.

And I'm also upset because I read those romance spoilers, altough I can't wait to see more of Juvia ♥

Oh and

EDIT: why doesn't my spoiler appear O_O

EDIT2: Anyone that can pm me a comparable anime/manga. (:
Azuriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 00:25   Link #1188
Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuriell View Post

EDIT2: Anyone that can pm me a comparable anime/manga. (:
Comparable to Fairy Tail? Most obvious one - One Piece. Though watching anime and how the story develops of all things it reminds me more not of OP wich is obviousl took as inspiration, but Slayers.
Old 2010-04-18, 01:25   Link #1189
blewin

um... I don't think Fairy Tail is like Naruto. They're both Shounen action, but not similar by a long stretch.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 06:41   Link #1190
Azuriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
um... I don't think Fairy Tail is like Naruto. They're both Shounen action, but not similar by a long stretch.
No, no, I meant it if it will be like a really long serie, I could've switched Naruto with One Piece/Bleach, if you understand what I mean. (:
Old 2010-04-18, 09:17   Link #1191
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuriell View Post
No, no, I meant it if it will be like a really long serie, I could've switched Naruto with One Piece/Bleach, if you understand what I mean. (:
Well, that depends. The thing is, unlike in his previous work Rave Master where there's an obvious enemy to defeat and goal to achieve (collect all the Rave pieces) most of the story revolves around fighting enemies while on some type of mission (although there's been hints to an overarching story as well, like Natsu looking for Igneel). Because of this, it's hard to gauge accurately how much further it's going to take until the end. Personally, I predict it will be similar to Rave (35 chapter), perhaps a bit more into but not more than 50 volumes. It may change though, but I don't think it will be as long as Naruto, let alone One Piece.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 10:29   Link #1192
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it easily takes another 41 episodes without anime original ones. I highly doubt the anime team won't take advantage of the gap between arcs after the end of the next one, so it should reach 7X if they end it prematurely, or just go on till whenever.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:47   Link #1193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Comparable to Fairy Tail? Most obvious one - One Piece. Though watching anime and how the story develops of all things it reminds me more not of OP wich is obviousl took as inspiration, but Slayers.
Might be right with that comparable. At least in how Slayers and Fairy Tail have their serious moments, but they still manage to fit in the comedy no matter what's going on. Of course Slayers had a lot more blood in the earlier seasons which you probably won't find much of with this anime.

They can definitely keep this series going for a long time. I mean a guild that takes on missions is just ripe for solid filler. Write up a situation and even send out different teams to give them the spotlight.
Old 2010-04-18, 13:49   Link #1194
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Of course Slayers had a lot more blood in the earlier seasons which you probably won't find much of with this anime.
& it's pretty painful with Fairy Tail when you can obviously tell where blood should be added.
Old 2010-04-18, 15:29   Link #1195
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is there any possibility the censoring will drop later on? I mean, when someone's on the verge of death, they gotta cough blood from the mouth and not just be "oh, the paaain!".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:46   Link #1196
Azuriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is there any possibility the censoring will drop later on? I mean, when someone's on the verge of death, they gotta cough blood from the mouth and not just be "oh, the paaain!".
Oh man, you seriously think about that? The anime is so fine, it really doesn't bother me.
Old 2010-04-19, 06:29   Link #1197
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Animation upgrade, aye!
Spoiler for Episode 26:
Old 2010-04-19, 06:43   Link #1198
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 26:
Old 2010-04-19, 07:32   Link #1199
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I see why the manga reader were raging about Juvia. She is diamond in the rough and just damn cute to boot. Juvia and Gray paring seems very appropriate hell even she said water and ice. She has secured her spot as my #2 female character so far right now Erza still has my heart.

Question: After Gray saves Juvia from falling and certain death hes something only Gray could say lol. However, this prompted more doki doki from Juvia and all of a sudden the rain stopped. After seeing her past it was obvious it was not a very happy one and it was clear why she would serve Jose who accepted her for who she is but even after meeting Jose and becoming one of the E4 her sadness was still present.

Is the perpetual rain connected to Juvia emotional state? As soon as Gray saved her and she realized exactly what type of person he is the rains departed and the sun starting shinning. I guess when shes sad it rains and when shes happy it stops.
Old 2010-04-19, 07:34   Link #1200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Is the perpetual rain connected to Juvia emotional state? As soon as Gray saved her and she realized exactly what type of person he is the rains departed and the sun starting shinning. I guess when shes sad it rains and when shes happy it stops.
Pretty much yeah. I don't think there's ever a solid explanation for it in the manga, though it seems that way going by what we see during that event.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen