AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 17:40   Link #1
MrAyzarC_91

Searching for new Anime to watch!!!

Hy there I´m AyzarC,

I´m searching for new Anime series to watch (Movies are welcome too) and i hope that you all could help me to find a few I could Like based on my Anime List..
What Genre I Like:
Sci-Fi, Action Adventure, Supernatural, Super Power, Psychological, Mystery, MartialArts, Magic, Comedy, Demons, Fantasy, Horror, Love / Romance, Vampire.
Taken from this Genre List
Not that I dislike the other Genres but i´m not into them as much at the moment but you can suggest them if the story is good.

I will check every suggestion and inform you if i Liked or disliked it.

Thank you in Advance.

Last edited by MrAyzarC_91; 2013-03-11 at 03:30.
MrAyzarC_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:31   Link #2
kitten320

Ao No Exorcist = D.Gray Man and Soul Eater. Both shounen mangas with similar undertones.

Since you liked Bleach, you can try Air Gear since the way main chara develops remind me of Ichigo a lot. Though series are a bit more sport orientated but still have action moments.

DTB = Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (they have a lot of similarities one of them are similar mask designs and that both main charas work for underworld. Main difference is that Phantom is based in our world so they use guns and knifes instead of super powers).

Deadman Wonderlan = Elfen Lied (despite having different themes, you can't deny the similarities. One would be huge anount of blood and violence).

Death Note = Bakuman (dobe by same author but this time is slice of life comedy about manga industry). Jigoku Shoujo (both series focus on is it right to kill evil people?). Code Geass (anti-hero just like in DN). Aoi Bungaku series (set of small dark stories, done by same company). Monster (dark, detective series but with realistic take. It also gives some Psycho-Pass vibes by trying to get into criminals minds).

Steins;Gate = Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (don't let cute art deceive you and at least check first 3 episodes. Series have more in common than you might think at first). Welcome to NHK (this is a comedy but both MCs are paranoid and believe that weird organization is after them).

In addition I would also recommend the following:
Supernatural/Mystery - Ghost Hunt and Shiki, both series done by same author. One focuses on ghosts while the other on vampires. Loved both of them and believe that they great at building up the mood.

Magic/Fantasy - I would recommend to take a look on ongoing series Magi.

Ga-Rei Zero - is supernatural and a bit psychological with some drama and comedy. Has some horror and romance elements but friendship is of bigger value.

FMA - one of the best shounen series out there with entertaining story and characters. There are 2 versions: anime original story and Brotherhood that follows the manga.

I'll leave it that for now since I think it is more than enough for time being XD

If you'll keep us updated on what you liked and didn't, I'll be able to suggest more
Old 2013-03-11, 03:44   Link #3
Laniaka

I second Code Geass and both the FMA's.

Pandora Hearts is an adventure show with some mystery in it.
Kemono no Souja Erin is from the same original writer as Seirei no Moribito.
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 04:07   Link #4
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ao No Exorcist = D.Gray Man and Soul Eater. Both shounen mangas with similar undertones.

Since you liked Bleach, you can try Air Gear since the way main chara develops remind me of Ichigo a lot. Though series are a bit more sport orientated but still have action moments.

DTB = Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (they have a lot of similarities one of them are similar mask designs and that both main charas work for underworld. Main difference is that Phantom is based in our world so they use guns and knifes instead of super powers).

Deadman Wonderlan = Elfen Lied (despite having different themes, you can't deny the similarities. One would be huge anount of blood and violence).

Death Note = Bakuman (done by same author but this time is slice of life comedy about manga industry). Jigoku Shoujo (both series focus on is it right to kill evil people?). Code Geass (anti-hero just like in DN). Aoi Bungaku series (set of small dark stories, done by same company). Monster (dark, detective series but with realistic take. It also gives some Psycho-Pass vibes by trying to get into criminals minds).

Steins;Gate = Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (don't let cute art deceive you and at least check first 3 episodes. Series have more in common than you might think at first). Welcome to NHK (this is a comedy but both MCs are paranoid and believe that weird organization is after them).

In addition I would also recommend the following:
Supernatural/Mystery - Ghost Hunt and Shiki, both series done by same author. One focuses on ghosts while the other on vampires. Loved both of them and believe that they great at building up the mood.

Magic/Fantasy - I would recommend to take a look on ongoing series Magi.

Ga-Rei Zero - is supernatural and a bit psychological with some drama and comedy. Has some horror and romance elements but friendship is of bigger value.

FMA - one of the best shounen series out there with entertaining story and characters. There are 2 versions: anime original story and Brotherhood that follows the manga.

I'll leave it that for now since I think it is more than enough for time being XD

If you'll keep us updated on what you liked and didn't, I'll be able to suggest more
Thank you for your suggestions.
I may try the shorter ones of them first because at the time i´m searching for anime series which have about 20-30 episodes, but i may try the others to when i have more time to watch them.
Old 2013-03-11, 04:22   Link #5
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
All I can say is Black Lagoon and Monster

The first one is the shorter of the two, but both are really good in terms of action, although Monster is more of a mind fu**er.
Old 2013-03-11, 08:56   Link #6
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

I didn't see following animes in your watched list.

Last Exile
Spoiler:

Character design by Range Murata and Last Exile placed as the Gonzo production best works for decades. You will love Claus and Lavie after watching the series. Total 26 episodes long.

Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora
Spoiler:

A beautiful love story of boy and girl who met at the hospital. Only 6 episodes long.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 09:31   Link #7
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Shiki is the recommendation I'd give if you like vampires.
Old 2013-03-28, 12:59   Link #8
MrAyzarC_91

Sorry for this late response but my Internet was gone.

I give thenk´s to everyone who suggested me animes in this thread.
Off all the suggested ones i liked Code Geass the most even thou it had mecha (which i kinda dislike) followed by Ga-Rei Zero and Elfen Lied (wich i strongly hope that it gets a season 2).

Few word about "Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora":
I think that this is a anime which could have had more Episodes that would deepen the story as i think that it was a bit too short to implement everything the creators might have wanted to tell.

as for FMA i watch it a while back but i do not remember which version it was.
Old 2013-03-28, 13:11   Link #9
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniaka View Post
Kemono no Souja Erin is from the same original writer as Seirei no Moribito.
Thank you for this suggestion, i actually hope that they will do e sequel to Seirei no Moribito as its based on the first volume of the twelve volumes of Moribito novels by Nahoko Uehashi ( I only have read the first 2 (the only 2 that were translated into german language)).
Old 2013-03-28, 13:24   Link #10
kitten320

I doubt Elfen Lied will get season 2 considering the time gap but there is a finished manga version that you might want to check.
Old 2013-03-29, 13:53   Link #11
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
I doubt Elfen Lied will get season 2 considering the time gap but there is a finished manga version that you might want to check.
I actually have read the Manga after i watched it and thats why i hope it will get one, it wouldn´t be the first Anime to get a second season after such a long time gap.
And if this one does not get one than i hope it gets remade but this time actually following the manga.

Last edited by MrAyzarC_91; 2013-03-30 at 17:28.
MrAyzarC_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:50   Link #12
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Question : Are there any major Story differences between those two? - I watched Brotherhood now and wanted to know if it is worthwhile to watch the other one.
Old 2013-04-28, 10:08   Link #13
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ending is significantly different.

Brotherhood is more focused on the whole cast, while non-Brotherhood is focused on the Elric Brothers.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:26   Link #14
kitten320

LOTS!
For one Wrath and Sloth are completely different characters. Pride is different as well. Then the way homonculs are created differs significantly.

Ling and his gang are non existent in original anime series. Sadly Oliver too.

One of the things I liked about original anime are homonculus origins which I think are more dramatic in comparison to Brotherhood.
Lust's character is explored more in original anime what made her a popular character.

Elric's back story is far more powerful here while Brotherhood literally skipped through it "oh yeh, we had mom that we all loved but she died". I was really tempted to drop Brotherhood after episode 2.

While many people prefer Brotherhood, I loved both versions and believe that each one has something good to offer. In my opinion original anime is slightly more emotional and mysterious. I will urge you to watch it.

Most of the similarities are only until Greed's arc and even until then differences start to pop in.

I watched original anime way before Brotherhood was out. I loved it and when I found out that manga story is different I was "No! I won't read it then!"
I'm glad I watched Brotherhood. It does explore other characters more like Roy and Riza who got less screen time in original anime.

So yeh, I urge you to watch it.
Old 2013-05-27, 13:28   Link #15
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
LOTS!
For one Wrath and Sloth are completely different characters. Pride is different as well. Then the way homonculs are created differs significantly.

Ling and his gang are non existent in original anime series. Sadly Oliver too.

One of the things I liked about original anime are homonculus origins which I think are more dramatic in comparison to Brotherhood.
Lust's character is explored more in original anime what made her a popular character.

Elric's back story is far more powerful here while Brotherhood literally skipped through it "oh yeh, we had mom that we all loved but she died". I was really tempted to drop Brotherhood after episode 2.

While many people prefer Brotherhood, I loved both versions and believe that each one has something good to offer. In my opinion original anime is slightly more emotional and mysterious. I will urge you to watch it.

Most of the similarities are only until Greed's arc and even until then differences start to pop in.

I watched original anime way before Brotherhood was out. I loved it and when I found out that manga story is different I was "No! I won't read it then!"
I'm glad I watched Brotherhood. It does explore other characters more like Roy and Riza who got less screen time in original anime.

So yeh, I urge you to watch it.
I have to thank you again for the suggestion.
As you said that many prefer brotherhood and you can count me into those, thou i must say that the original was not that bad the only thing that bugged me was the ending which basically was not the final episode but the first movie (that way i was forced to watch it).
Old 2013-05-28, 23:29   Link #16
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

07-Ghost,Chrono Crusade(highly recommended), Vampire Knight, looking at your anime list and the genre you prefer i am pretty sire you will like these
Old 2013-06-11, 12:47   Link #17
MrAyzarC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
07-Ghost,Chrono Crusade(highly recommended), Vampire Knight, looking at your anime list and the genre you prefer i am pretty sire you will like these
Thank you for the Suggestions.

I finished Vampire Knight by now which was not impressive to me, i´m starting Chrono Crusade now (i kinda feel like i´ve seen it somewhere before).
Old 2013-06-11, 13:49   Link #18
kitten320

I actually liked FMA ending, never understood complaints toward it
Though I was disappointed with the movie =/
Old 2013-06-12, 07:26   Link #19
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAyzarC_91 View Post
Thank you for the Suggestions.

I finished Vampire Knight by now which was not impressive to me, i´m starting Chrono Crusade now (i kinda feel like i´ve seen it somewhere before).
i admit Vampire knight in not all that great but satisfies you preference i hope. but Chrono Crusade is one of personal favorite and i am sure you will be impressed
Old 2013-06-12, 16:42   Link #20
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAyzarC_91 View Post
I actually have read the Manga after i watched it and thats why i hope it will get one, it wouldn´t be the first Anime to get a second season after such a long time gap.
And if this one does not get one than i hope it gets remade but this time actually following the manga.
One example for that would be Hunter x Hunter, which I would recommend to you too. (However it is definitly a "long running series", but I still recommend it.) There are 2 versions of it, from which both follow the manga (aside from small fillers):

1. The "old" version that was cancelled at some point, but it covers a huuuuuge part of the story. Also it contains a lot of fillers. This version is uncensored. It has around 90 Episodes from which some are labeled as "OVA" and "episodes of..." but they are all normal episodes and part of the continuity, so don't forget them.

2. The "new" version (called Hunter x Hunter 2011) is still ongoing, just recently got past the "cancellation point" of the old series and entered the next arc of the manga. It has different voice actors, almost no fillers and a considerably bigger resoltion (HD), compared to the old version. however there is also a minus: Some things are censored, or "changed to look less brutal", but that is not always noticable and DOES NOT affect the story (as far as I know at least). It has currently 83 Episodes (It is further in the story because it had almost no filler Episodes).

There you have it. There is also the Manga of it (it is a WSJ Manga). It is still ongoing but right now on hiatus. There have been multiple hiati of this manga in the past, which possibly also led to the cancellation of the old Anime, but I heard it will soon start up again.

Also as far as I could see on your animelist, you did not watch any One Piece movies. But I would recommend at least one to you, which is the 10th movie "Strong World". Chronologically it is between Thriller Bark and the first visit to the Shabondy Archipelago